Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mass Effect Andromeda
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:37 pm 
Elite Member

Just played this opening to this and it's the most solid opening I've experienced in a while. I can't say how the well will follow up but yeah ... I am suspecting online consensus is bullshit once again.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect Andromeda
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:34 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yup. It's quite split. A lot of people claim they REALLY dislike the opening. Others think it's the best to date.

I haven't seen it, I assume it's a bit of a slow start? I tend to like slow starts, so I'm probably in the like camp if that's the case :P.

But I don't know if I'd play the game before touching the first trilogy...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:41 am 
Elite Member

You are thrown into a survival situation that involves a healthy amount of character development. I don't want to spoil it for you but yeah it's great. Not slow at all btw, a lot of fresh action packed things take place.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 am 
Common Member

It's alright, people just expected more after last 3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 am 
Elite Member

Thought the opening was fine, good even. What got to me was the myriad of bugs, a few bad story elements IMO and the obvious problems with animations. The obvious intentional 'uglification' of all the female (and assari) characters got me pretty annoyed, especially considering most of the male characters I would argue look hawt af.

Wasn't very happy with Ryder (played male Ryder) early on, thought they took the insecure and inexperienced character too far. By the end I was pretty happy with most of the characters though. Played a decent 'sarcastic' Ryder in my play-through and was really happy with a lot of the dialogue. It's frustrating though that they often had terribly named dialogue options making me very frustrated when Ryder said something I didn't mean to say. IMO Deus-Ex and (I think) Witcher did this well.

Scanning as with most ME games was pretty pointless and overly time consuming. Might have been more useful if the research options were more interesting. Most times it felt like there was only one option for any particular playstyle so research points and minerals just kept piling up.

Combat was pretty great though IMO, absolutely loved the jump-pack. The NOMAD was a blast once I found out that there were upgrades for it in the research station. Made exploring pretty fun. Never used the profile switching but I can see how it can be fun to use if you really wanted to.

TL:DR
Game had a lot of flaws in my opinion, the biggest being a ton of bugs that screwed me over regularly. Combat and exploration was pretty fun however and I agree that the opening was good. Really hoping that the choices you made in this game have an impact on the next because it certainly didn't in this one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 am 
Elite Member

I agree with just about all of that. So I'll just +1 and call it a day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm 
Elite Member

Anyone else run into the bug where after a few hours of playing every crit and kill would freeze the game for 10-30 seconds until you restart the game?

That made me feel really good inside when I was trying to 100% the game.