Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fallout 76
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:42 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
After 24 hours of teasing on twitch, it seems Bethesda finally dropped this :yay:

So I looked it up. Vault 76 is one of the control vaults that weren't experimented on. It was set to open 20 years after the war.

Towards the end of the trailer there is a pipboy visible.
Spoiler!

It's a very old pipboy reminiscent of the Pip-Boy 2000. Indicating that this game is most likely indeed set very long ago around the year 2097. (edit) Actually you can even see the date on the pipboy: 27 October 2102. So it's set 25 years after The Great War, making it the earliest ever setting in a fallout game (discounting non-cannon Brotherhood of Steel).

The game's visuals are similar to Fallout 4, but still visibly different. Better texture work, subtly crisper overall. To me this means this is definitely a standalone thing, rather than a DLC for F4.

The YT video says it's from Bethesda Game Studios, no mention of obsidian yet, but with the name Fallout 76 its definitely a spin-off title imo. It might still be a collaboration attempt where Bethesda simply gets to put their name on it. Maybe Obsidian's involvement is being kept as a surprise or w/e.

There's some rumors floating around that it might be an online game. I hope that's not the case, at least not an MMO. Fallout with friends / coop, maybe could be interesting. It's visibly running in Creation Engine / Gamebryo, so I sincerely doubt they got mass multiplayer in there. I know for previous Elder Scrolls games there have have been endless attempts at trying to make coop mods work, but the modders always run into problems, so multiplayer seems to be difficult for the engine.

Given the style of the trailer, and that afaik the source of the rumors is a kotaku writer (kotaku is blacklisted by Bethesda), I'm taking the multiplayer rumors with a grain of salt.

Thoughts?

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post subject: Re: Fallout 76
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:10 pm 
Elite Member

Channel didn't even get banned for no content stream.