Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Requiem: Memento Mori - Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:58 am 
Common Member

I decided to review this game again since the changes have become so drastic in the years.

Name: Requiem: Memento Mori
Platform: PC/Horror MMO
Wiki: http://requiem.irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
Cost: F2P with optional item mall items and lots of freebies
Old Review: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=108163&hilit=sacchin+review

Graphics: The graphics are not up to today's standards but if graphics is all you care about then you're probably missing out on alot of good games. Also there's nudity and gore. Everything bleeds, even you.

Gameplay: Typical leveling, PvP, battle arena, daily GM "Happy Hour" with exp rates going up or higher gold drop, holiday events and the new "Nightmare Chamber". Requiem offers some unique features many other mmos do not, such as "Nightmare hour". When this hour approaches the sky turns black and if you happen to be unfortunate enough to be in a certain area where one of these monsters spawn you'll be greeted with a quick death.

Sound: Ambient, dark, gritty. Fitting for a game like this.

Controls: The game is controlled with the w, a, s, d keys and the mouse. Other then that, it controls like any other mmo.

Community: 1 server ("PK" meaning it's available), which is not difficult to login to, nor is it inactive. How you choose to see the way the community acts is up to you. Most players are high level. NO botters or gold sellers.

Overall: Requiem has much more PvP and community related content then before. Skills have been fixed, auction house is easier to use, new items have been added to the item shop, missing instances have been implemented. New NPCs, many more quests added. "Dark Mercenaries" and an "Honor system" has been added, Crescent island is now "Nightmare Crescent", 25 classes are now available. All classes now have a 3rd skill tree. Level cap has been raised to 90, new armor, beast possession has been fixed and there are more monsters to transform into. The exp rate has gone up. This is a fun game if you're looking for something truly "different" from all the generic mmos to date.

To be honest, there are so many changes from the last time I reviewed this game that most of it is new to me. It's basically a new take on the old Requiem. If you want fuller details please check out the wiki.

Notables: With new and old characters(accounts) you seem to be VERY well rewarded. If this is a one time event or not I'm not sure but you are given a scroll which makes you instantly level 69 as well as a bunch of other free stuff. If this level raise is permanent is still unknown. The character creation screen makes your resolution a bit off but once you're in game it's normal. Requiem was bought by a new company, WarpPortal.

Gameplay Video:

Last edited by HyperBunny on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Requiem: Memento Mori - Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:44 pm 
Loyal Member

game is horrible

Last edited by XesoS on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:49 pm 
Veteran Member

game is bretty gud actually
no other mmo looks as grim and desolate as requiem. part of the reason is that it's pretty dead, but mostly it's because of the scenery.
that lvl 69 scroll sounds kinda dumb, i don't want to skip all low-mid lvl areas; I just want a private server with increased exp rates. :)

fun times, yeah

xenoas are still cringeworthy awful looking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:38 am 
Common Member

Melez wrote:
that lvl 69 scroll sounds kinda dumb, i don't want to skip all low-mid lvl areas; I just want a private server with increased exp rates. :)

Who said you HAD to use it? Jackal and I haven't. The exp rate has noticeably gone up much higher then before. Don't count on any private servers. At least not until the game shuts down.

XesoS wrote:
game is horrible

Is horrible or looks horrible? I thought you said "looks" when you first posted. And for the first time i posted my original review lots of people liked it =p

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=108163&hilit=sacchin+review

I guess all we have are graphic spoiled, sro addicted players left now.