Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: SRF Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:21 am 
Casual Member

SRF Info Source?

As you know, SRF has many user contributed guides, tips, and many other things that cover SRO. But, the only thing that shows all of this is the stickied Guides and Tut's thread in the Guides and Tut's forum. How about to make an actual separate webpage that features the guidies? "Silk Road Forum Info Database" or something like that. It would feature all of that information on it's own webpage, and each guide/tutorial will have it's own organized page. It could be on the index, or have a link at the top of the forums. Or maybe make a portal for SRF that would lead to seperate ways, 2 links that 1 would link to the actual forum, or to the database. It would be easy to navigate, so you could find guides easier, and it's organized style would make it easy to read and what not. IMO, this would be a great idea, especially with the amount of valuable user submitted data that people have contributed over time.

What other SRO site do you know that has as much info as SRF that has all that info organized in it's own webpage? It would also feature skills, weapon information, and etc. Or maybe a special "New Players" section that would show all the things new players should know when they start. I think lots of people would use this "Info Source" often. Maybe create a new SP Calc? Having all of this on 1 thing, especially having it with SRF and user contributed. I think that would be pretty awesome!

Screenshot Gallery?

Make it more organized. Please. And allow comments. Captions with the photos?

SRO Blog/Podcast/Whatever??

Some sort of blog that features what is going on in the SRO world, fortress wars, crazy things some people have seen, etc? A SRO Podcast maybe? Also could feature rumors going on and what not.

SRF Events?

Maybe have some events more often or something?

PHP Powered Marketplace Function?

Maybe make some sort of mod or something that could be compatible with the forum, or if not, a separate one that is a virtual market place that people could put up things for sale, or bids. Ebay like thing.

Ehh just some things that I'd like to see on the site, or any site really.

Post subject: Re: SRF Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:20 pm 

the search button is the info source already. And unless your looking for a specific thread, the stickies will lead you to all the guides that you need. If people are too lazy to click a few times and spend 5 min looking for a guide, thats their problem.

and yes, I wish the mods would change the screenshot gallery so that we can post comments. and I hope that they stop recycling images that we've all seen 6 months ago

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:55 am 
Casual Member

Jstar1 wrote:
the search button is the info source already. And unless your looking for a specific thread, the stickies will lead you to all the guides that you need. If people are too lazy to click a few times and spend 5 min looking for a guide, thats their problem.

and yes, I wish the mods would change the screenshot gallery so that we can post comments. and I hope that they stop recycling images that we've all seen 6 months ago

Speaking of "Search," any chance we'll get a quick search feature?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm 
Forum God

Skitsefrenik21 wrote:
Jstar1 wrote:

Speaking of "Search," any chance we'll get a quick search feature?

In the bottom of the page you will see a quick search function.