Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: View on the Exposed Botters?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:55 pm 
Veteran Member

Moved here since GD was a bad place for it.

I've been looking back recently and thinking. Why is that branch of the forum still up? The days when it was erected was back when a majority of the players here were very anti-bot. They were trying to help push for a better gaming experience and hoping that they could set a good example. Now-a-days, this community mostly doesn't even play this game, but simply come on to reminisce.

I've seen new members post about stuff like "why does my loader not work", etc. and get a quick ban. Why are the rules still so strict. The number of botters has grown while the remaining legits declined. So many people with good input have left this forum due to botting. IMO, exposed botters today has turned from a virtuous campaign against online cheating to a haven for people who have personal vendettas against someone else and can only come up with being banned from SRF as a way to get them back.

Honestly, I think the rules should be modified to: No discussion or posting links to getting bots. Loaders should be allowed as I'm still not sure how they are the same as bots. If someone who knows more about these could explain, it would be nice, but they'd prob risk getting banned for a week >_>. I always thought the purpose of this forum was to promote healthy gaming and have fun within an online community. Not browse through thousands of screenshots searching for 1 little hint of a loader or botter of someone you hate just so you can get off later that night. As long as no one purposely starts going "WOO Botting is great, here's link to 20 diff bots", it should be alright imo.

Owell, another random topic by me. Let me see what you guys think. Should exposed botters still be up? Should the rules remain at their current levels? Maybe i'm just too laxed in this war. Maybe anyone who dares to use the word "bot" in a post should be perm IP banned from accessing this site.

I know that Exposed Botters was made as a request from the community, but in its current state, I think we should vote again to see if we want to keep it. I dunno, once again. My opinion. If you don't like it, state yours without covering it in fuel.

NEW: So I just got a PM when asking what the diff between bot and loader was. The person told me this is what a loader does:
Quote:
loader:
allows nude
zoomhack
swear filter off
and u dont dc when fail to connect. this was mainly good during captcha days.

Besides the no dc... I don't see how this really gives you an advantage. Unless you consider being able to type **** mother instead of f.uck mother and seeing fake boobies an advantage... Zoom hack would be my guess for making movies. On videos i've watched, zoomhack still has that fog that appears when you're too far.

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: View on the Exposed Botters?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:38 am 
Forum God

There's also a loader that can make certain mobs larger then others. So for instance clicking Shiatan would be a hell of a lot easier, thus giving you an unfair advantage. Oh and the zoom hack lets you click on things from further away then your supposed to be able too. *iirc*

The tricky thing is that say someone gets caught bypassing the swear filter. How would we know they didn't also use the No-DC or the Zoom hack?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:09 am 
Veteran Member

Tasdik wrote:
There's also a loader that can make certain mobs larger then others. So for instance clicking Shiatan would be a hell of a lot easier, thus giving you an unfair advantage. Oh and the zoom hack lets you click on things from further away then your supposed to be able too. *iirc*

The tricky thing is that say someone gets caught bypassing the swear filter. How would we know they didn't also use the No-DC or the Zoom hack?

That making certain mobs larger than other doesn't really seem like that big of an advantage for me. I would just use support attack on someone hitting shaitan and i got him targetted. Easy as cake. Besides, wouldn't making him bigger just mean someone replaced his pk2 file with the elite unique or whatever.

That zoom-hack thing is unfair than I guess. I always thought when you zoomed out things get foggier and foggier until it only shows the environment.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 am 
Loyal Member

Goseki wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

That making certain mobs larger than other doesn't really seem like that big of an advantage for me. I would just use support attack on someone hitting shaitan and i got him targetted. Easy as cake. Besides, wouldn't making him bigger just mean someone replaced his pk2 file with the elite unique or whatever.

That zoom-hack thing is unfair than I guess. I always thought when you zoomed out things get foggier and foggier until it only shows the environment.

At the risk of getting flamed lol, zoomhack does not not allow you to see anything more than you already could. You can only view landscape, you cant see mobs or people. The only way it would help is during FW when you can zoomout and actually click the people at the top.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:18 am 
Loyal Member

Fury wrote:
Goseki wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

At the risk of getting flamed lol, zoomhack does not not allow you to see anything more than you already could. You can only view landscape, you cant see mobs or people. The only way it would help is during FW when you can zoomout and actually click the people at the top.

This

Playing Jade Dynasty
2x Lupin Wdfmymoney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:36 am 
Loyal Member

Tasdik wrote:
There's also a loader that can make certain mobs larger then others. So for instance clicking Shiatan would be a hell of a lot easier, thus giving you an unfair advantage.

I think that is pk2 edit for 5x larger uniques and its not illegal here.
But for loader, I'd say it was useful for logging in only. I cant find any use of anti swear filter,zoomhack and the other stuff, its just a luxury nothing that gives u an advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 am 
Forum God

Fury wrote:
Goseki wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, You said you can't see people. But then you said at the FW you can click the people on top, how does that work. I'm not very familiar with this loader.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:56 am 
Loyal Member

I meant that, if you're using a normal client with character distance set to 5, the distance you can see these people will not change with zoomhack.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 am 
Forum Legend

Nice discussion. lol.

Anyways, why do we need to keep having this discussion. Bot is ban, simple as that. If you choose to participate in the damnation of an otherwise enjoyable game, you deserve a ban.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm 

I think it's fine keeping the EB section how it is. If you cheat in the game, you deserve a ban. This forum's main focus is the game, although there are other sections. So we should try to keep the forum clean too.

Some might suggest allowing the botters and other banned users to view and post in OTL and AC only since those sections have nothing to do with the game. However, doing that just allows these banned users back into the community. Then someone might want to allow them back into GD, or the Guilds & Clans section, but only to participate in threads that have nothing to do with the game (which threads ultimately would get moved to an appropriate section anyway).

It needs to be all or nothing.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:22 pm 
Forum Legend

I can't understand why people are confusing this forum with the game. This forum is a community on it's own, it has nothing to do with the community of the game.

The EB has proven to have negative effects on the forum. Many contributing members as well as members who made the stay on this forum enjoyable, have been banned for something they did wrong in that community, and not in this one.

And I understand that it's too late to change some things, but the staff should really consider whether or not the EB is still positively effecting the forum.

The staff shouldn't forget that their main cause is to ensure the quality of this forum, and not the quality of the game. For that, unfortunately, JoyMax is responsible. It's their game, not yours. It's their task, and not yours, to punish those who are not playing the game by the rules.

*But ohh wel, we had this discussion so many times before :) *

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm 
Forum Legend

Priam wrote:
Nice discussion. lol.

Anyways, why do we need to keep having this discussion. Bot is ban, simple as that. If you choose to participate in the damnation of an otherwise enjoyable game, you deserve a ban.

This.
I think those topics are useless. Rules here can't be changed as far as i know.
So a discussion of this kind means nothing than a "yet another bot topic".

You better go into another forum if you really don't like the forum or forum's rule.

ImageImageImage
WE WANT [ TORCHLIGHT II], [TERA ONLINE], [BLADE&SOUL] AND... [DIABLO III].

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 pm 

heroo wrote:
I can't understand why people are confusing this forum with the game. This forum is a community on it's own, it has nothing to do with the community of the game.

I think it has to do with the fact that the forum is named for the game(SRF ya know not OTLF), almost all the sections are related to the game, everyone who visits for the most part did, does, or is planning to play SRO. People are crazy yo. Totally odd how they think the forum is some how based around a game. Totally illogical. Really should be OTLF etc instead of SRF makes so much sense. </sarcasm>

heroo wrote:
The EB has proven to have negative effects on the forum. Many contributing members as well as members who made the stay on this forum enjoyable, have been banned for something they did wrong in that community, and not in this one.

EB has been a boon to the forums. It helped clean up most of the "OMG NO YELLOW BOXES!!!" or "BOTTER BOTTER!!!" posts and kept them confined to mostly a single section. We should have done this a lot sooner. We lost way more people and way more valuable members from not having it than we did after setting it up. As to the people that got themselves banned. That was their choice. More important for them to cheat than be part of this community. If they actually felt this community was worth being a part of they would have stopped no?

heroo wrote:
And I understand that it's too late to change some things, but the staff should really consider whether or not the EB is still positively effecting the forum.

The people you miss are already back just laying low. The mods have already said though that their other accts will never be unbanned even if they close EB. So why all the cheer leading to close EB?

heroo wrote:
The staff shouldn't forget that their main cause is to ensure the quality of this forum, and not the quality of the game. For that, unfortunately, JoyMax is responsible. It's their game, not yours. It's their task, and not yours, to punish those who are not playing the game by the rules.

The forum is game related and I have never seen a place that thought of cheaters as quality players. Fact is allowing them in especially if they are known is supporting the position that botting is ok. It has always been this forums opinion not just because joymax says so that botting is wrong. Ryoko tried to be nice and look the other way and ignore it and all these people took his good will and basically shat all over it. When EB came we stopped being hypocrites and stood up for the "communities" beliefs.

I say this without any sarcasm or animosity at this point. Seriously you all should get together and donate a dollar or something and go found Off Topic Lounge Forums. It is totally doable and makes much more sense that the crusade everyone is on now. There you can set the rules and be totally unbound from any game.

heroo wrote:
*But ohh wel, we had this discussion so many times before :) *

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:24 pm 
Forum God

look i dont often leave ot, og sections but my view on this is move to t-sro from what i heard they offer a better service if not you may aswell bot these days war on the bots is a laugh you have lost on every server even venus if you dont like what iv said just quit the game as i have without any regrets

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 pm 

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
look i dont often leave ot, og sections but my view on this is move to t-sro from what i heard they offer a better service if not you may aswell bot these days war on the bots is a laugh you have lost on every server even venus if you dont like what iv said just quit the game as i have without any regrets

I'm not sure how this has anything to do with the topic as it's asking about our views on the Exposed Botters section of these forums. The issue will exist whether you play iSRO, tSRO, ECSRO, or any other version of SRO out there. The issue: Should EB stay or go?

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:08 pm 
Forum God

PR0METHEUS wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

I'm not sure how this has anything to do with the topic as it's asking about our views on the Exposed Botters section of these forums. The issue will exist whether you play iSRO, tSRO, ECSRO, or any other version of SRO out there. The issue: Should EB stay or go?

you do realise isro is the only one with a serious bot problem yes others do have bot but not to the extent isro has and i know its nothing to do with me but i fail to see why people bother with isro any more

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm 

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
you do realise isro is the only one with a serious bot problem yes others do have bot but not to the extent isro has and i know its nothing to do with me but i fail to see why people bother with isro any more

Yes, I realize that. I always thought the other versions of SRO were only for residents of that country. kSRO for Koreans, cSRO for Chinese, etc. I know non-residents play those versions, but are they 'supposed to'? Meh, I never really looked into it much. I guess people aren't 'supposed to' run private servers, but they do that as well.

At any rate, the EB forum issue will still exist regardless of which version of SRO everyone plays.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 pm 
Forum God

PR0METHEUS wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Yes, I realize that. I always thought the other versions of SRO were only for residents of that country. kSRO for Koreans, cSRO for Chinese, etc. I know non-residents play those versions, but are they 'supposed to'? Meh, I never really looked into it much. I guess people aren't 'supposed to' run private servers, but they do that as well.

At any rate, the EB forum issue will still exist regardless of which version of SRO everyone plays.

people aint suppose to bot but they do going to another version least is better cus you dont have to deal with shit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:00 pm 

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Hehe most of us have. Wow seems to be the 2nd most pop game on the forum after SRO.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 am 
Site Owner

You know the board doesnt and never can promote hacks cheats or 3rd party programs because we prefere to be in favor of Joymax as an SRO fansite.

The biggest problem on this forum before EB WAS:

Topic started about some item topic or character. Lets call it a sosun.

Someone posts BOT BOT BOT! BOT DAMN BOT!
Arguments insue, thread is trashed, flaming, accusations, shit talk.
BOT BOT BOT BOT
NOU NOU NOU NOU
BOT BOT BOT BOT

Moving on.

Next thread.

Same person with the sosun comments.
Same people come and cry BOT BOT BOT BOT
On every Farking thread
Across the entire board.

ALL
OVER
THE
BOARD

They cant "not" do it. They are completly incapable of "not" creating problems. They can't say "Nice sosun+9999" or just move to the next thread. It ALWAYS happens that way.

Now, lets see. We can warn / ban the person creating problems, which causes all kinds of people to claim "SRF protects and favors botters" when we never did any such thing. We just told a problem maker to stop making problems.

Then, we went through this wave where even though people are well, well aware of the forum rules, people blatantly break them anyway. LOLIBOT in every other thread. 0x33 sigs and avatars. Bogus links in their signature. This was totally unacceptable within policies of the board.

This board is incapable of discussing much anything without BOT BOTBOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT

[edit]

Lastly, people are retarded. They know the rules, but they still preach bot. They are dumb enough to post their desktop with self ownage on it. Their stupid enough to post ingame screenshots and prove themselves botting. That and, they suicide like lemmings posting about themselves in EB

Not too smart I would say. I can't fix "retarded" and technically, im an engineer so Im not qualified to try anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:32 am 

Ryoko wrote:
You know the board doesnt and never can promote hacks cheats or 3rd party programs because we prefere to be in favor of Joymax as an SRO fansite.

The biggest problem on this forum before EB WAS:

Topic started about some item topic or character. Lets call it a sosun.

Someone posts BOT BOT BOT! BOT DAMN BOT!
Arguments insue, thread is trashed, flaming, accusations, shit talk.
BOT BOT BOT BOT
NOU NOU NOU NOU
BOT BOT BOT BOT

Moving on.

Next thread.

Same person with the sosun comments.
Same people come and cry BOT BOT BOT BOT
On every Farking thread
Across the entire board.

ALL
OVER
THE
BOARD

They cant "not" do it. They are completly incapable of "not" creating problems. They can't say "Nice sosun+9999" or just move to the next thread. It ALWAYS happens that way.

Now, lets see. We can warn / ban the person creating problems, which causes all kinds of people to claim "SRF protects and favors botters" when we never did any such thing. We just told a problem maker to stop making problems.

Then, we went through this wave where even though people are well, well aware of the forum rules, people blatantly break them anyway. LOLIBOT in every other thread. 0x33 sigs and avatars. Bogus links in their signature. This was totally unacceptable within policies of the board.

This board is incapable of discussing much anything without BOT BOTBOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT BOT

[edit]

Lastly, people are retarded. They know the rules, but they still preach bot. They are dumb enough to post their desktop with self ownage on it. Their stupid enough to post ingame screenshots and prove themselves botting. That and, they suicide like lemmings posting about themselves in EB

Not too smart I would say. I can't fix "retarded" and technically, im an engineer so Im not qualified to try anyway.

Well said Ryoko. Seems we just can't please everyone. Someone or some group is always going to hate the way these boards are run. If people don't like it, why do they keep coming back? Is everyone addicted to SRF?

Personally, I think the mod team is doing a great job running the boards here.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:32 pm 
Forum Legend

Ryoko wrote:
[edit]

I Agree. People are aware of that, but they just want to do it.

ImageImageImage
WE WANT [ TORCHLIGHT II], [TERA ONLINE], [BLADE&SOUL] AND... [DIABLO III].

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:44 pm 

i dont neccesarily approve of botting but i understand why ppl would do it, some ppl want to enjoy the high levels but also have a life outside the computer room or where ever you may keep yours, just the ppl who slave all day to get there are pissed that they didnt just bot there, amongst other reasons(servers, ks's, etc) IMO, loaders, dont give a huge advantage, fake boobs, zooming for films, and so they make mobs bigger, if he/she is there waiting for the unique to spawn, is it being bigger gunna matter too much?

Actual players are becoming the minority in our game, theres nothing we can do. the war against bots? yea right, we never had a chance, before we know it it will just be gold bots playing silkroad, and then no one...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:16 pm 

JustOnePlz wrote:
i dont neccesarily approve of botting but i understand why ppl would do it, some ppl want to enjoy the high levels but also have a life outside the computer room or where ever you may keep yours, just the ppl who slave all day to get there are pissed that they didnt just bot there, amongst other reasons(servers, ks's, etc) IMO, loaders, dont give a huge advantage, fake boobs, zooming for films, and so they make mobs bigger, if he/she is there waiting for the unique to spawn, is it being bigger gunna matter too much?

Actual players are becoming the minority in our game, theres nothing we can do. the war against bots? yea right, we never had a chance, before we know it it will just be gold bots playing silkroad, and then no one...

LOL I've never heard a legit say that he is "pissed that he didn't just bot there." Botting = cheating. Cheating = bad. If botters want to play the high levels so bad, they should just start their own private server and make themselves GM. Leave the real game to the real men (or women).

I don't know how big these loaders allow you to make mobs, but if you can zoom all the way out to see all of Karakoram, and make Isy take up half the size of the frozen lake, you'll immediately spot her while everyone else is frantically searching.

Certainly we can't do anything about the bots as in banning them ourselves or anything, but we surely can make a difference here at SRF -- one of the largest (if not THE largest) most popular unofficial fan sites for SRO.

I know a lot of the regulars here don't even play SRO anymore, but there are plenty of newer people who do. We can set an example for them, keep SRF as legit as we can. If the largest most popular SRO fan site (SRF) screams loud enough, and long enough, perhaps Joymax will listen. They haven't listened so far, but why should they? The SRF community has been split on the issue for a long time. The Mod team is set on keeping a legit community, but those that don't want it, keep coming back to spoil it for the rest of us.

If everyone keeps just saying "what can we do? Let's all just hold hands and get along", then Joymax will keep saying the same thing. It's been said several times before by myself and others that right around the time when SRF opened up EB and started banning botters in the forums left and right, including some mods and veteran players, Joymax started posting their 30,000 bot ban lists every week. Coincidence?

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm 
Loyal Member

Ryoko wrote:

You support something that not even Joymax supports.
Why would you hold onto your side of the ToS when they don't do what they say they will.
You still get the hundreds of bot accusations with the EB anyways so the point is not served.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:10 pm 
Forum Legend

RogueKiller wrote:
Ryoko wrote:

You support something that not even Joymax supports.
Why would you hold onto your side of the ToS when they don't do what they say they will.
You still get the hundreds of bot accusations with the EB anyways so the point is not served.

Simple, we support joymax, yet we are not joymax.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:28 pm 

PR0METHEUS wrote:
JustOnePlz wrote:

LOL I've never heard a legit say that he is "pissed that he didn't just bot there." Botting = cheating. Cheating = bad. If botters want to play the high levels so bad, they should just start their own private server and make themselves GM. Leave the real game to the real men (or women).

I don't know how big these loaders allow you to make mobs, but if you can zoom all the way out to see all of Karakoram, and make Isy take up half the size of the frozen lake, you'll immediately spot her while everyone else is frantically searching.

Certainly we can't do anything about the bots as in banning them ourselves or anything, but we surely can make a difference here at SRF -- one of the largest (if not THE largest) most popular unofficial fan sites for SRO.

I know a lot of the regulars here don't even play SRO anymore, but there are plenty of newer people who do. We can set an example for them, keep SRF as legit as we can. If the largest most popular SRO fan site (SRF) screams loud enough, and long enough, perhaps Joymax will listen. They haven't listened so far, but why should they? The SRF community has been split on the issue for a long time. The Mod team is set on keeping a legit community, but those that don't want it, keep coming back to spoil it for the rest of us.

If everyone keeps just saying "what can we do? Let's all just hold hands and get along", then Joymax will keep saying the same thing. It's been said several times before by myself and others that right around the time when SRF opened up EB and started banning botters in the forums left and right, including some mods and veteran players, Joymax started posting their 30,000 bot ban lists every week. Coincidence?

Well im sure both of us cant speak for all legits but im sure there are some who have atleast thot of it. And i think joymax has pretty much given up on bot bans, they just ban 50ish per server every week just to shut ppl up, and if you look at the lists there actually arent many players, rather than gold bots, banned so people who play and bot just take it as like a reward, they bot they dont get banned and then they get the joys of high levels. i agree with you that if massive bans started occuring just for 2 weeks, people might view botting differently, being banned might actually be a serious thought when some1 is downloading a bot, JM needs to step up to the plate, get ride of the bots or the plays will just slowly leave. < all that IMO, dont flame me. opinons whether agreeing or not, are always welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:41 pm 
Site Owner

Quote:
They haven't listened so far, but why should they? The SRF community has been split on the issue for a long time. The Mod team is set on keeping a legit community, but those that don't want it, keep coming back to spoil it for the rest of us.

It has nothing to do with SRF. It has everything to do with money. Permanently locking out the bot software would cost Joymax half their users. Many of them buy silks. Magic pop cock. Avatars. Scrolls. Misc item mall purchasables. It would be a financially stupid move to cut half your income. For the same reason.

The premium ticket. The servers are clogged with thousands of gold bots. Instead of resolving the issue, they decided to make money off it and sell you guys a premium ticket. Then open more servers, to make more revanue off individuals.

Its been.... 2? 3? years now. They've spent a lot of time on additional game features. All of the purchasables and outfits, costumes. Fortress war. Level cap, items, magic pop. But still - they havnt simply "blocked" the bot from working.

They fed you an image of "how hard" it was to catch somebody. How it took a month of paperwork after catching someone to even consider banning them. How understaffed they were when people reported bots. How the bot writers find ways around it each week.

You really convinced the bot authors are better programmers and smarter than a korean gaming company?

It has not changed since I left years ago. Not one bit. If anything, its worse. When I left, botting was a taboo and done by a handful of individuals. Getting caught by the community was a HUGE deal. silkroad tavern would have screenshots of it and virtual tomatoes being thrown at the perpetrator.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:48 pm 
Loyal Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 am 
Forum Legend

Ryoko wrote:
Quote:
They haven't listened so far, but why should they? The SRF community has been split on the issue for a long time. The Mod team is set on keeping a legit community, but those that don't want it, keep coming back to spoil it for the rest of us.

It has nothing to do with SRF. It has everything to do with money. Permanently locking out the bot software would cost Joymax half their users. Many of them buy silks. Magic pop cock. Avatars. Scrolls. Misc item mall purchasables. It would be a financially stupid move to cut half your income. For the same reason.

The premium ticket. The servers are clogged with thousands of gold bots. Instead of resolving the issue, they decided to make money off it and sell you guys a premium ticket. Then open more servers, to make more revanue off individuals.

Its been.... 2? 3? years now. They've spent a lot of time on additional game features. All of the purchasables and outfits, costumes. Fortress war. Level cap, items, magic pop. But still - they havnt simply "blocked" the bot from working.

They fed you an image of "how hard" it was to catch somebody. How it took a month of paperwork after catching someone to even consider banning them. How understaffed they were when people reported bots. How the bot writers find ways around it each week.

You really convinced the bot authors are better programmers and smarter than a korean gaming company?

It has not changed since I left years ago. Not one bit. If anything, its worse. When I left, botting was a taboo and done by a handful of individuals. Getting caught by the community was a HUGE deal. silkroad tavern would have screenshots of it and virtual tomatoes being thrown at the perpetrator.

Where is thou red name, ryoko. It's confusing me!

Anyways, Ruyi darling, lock time?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next