Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aion Subforum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 am 

Though only sporting a measly thread of 13 pages compared to the "Official Jade Dynasty Thread" or the grossly behemoth "For Wow Players", the current Aion thread will surely explode as it gets closer to its release date and more so after that. And so I suggest opening an Aion subforum to prevent the thread from further turning into a cesspool of unrelated conversations like the other two.

Now I can easily understand the reason NOT to make the subforum. Why give Aion this special treatment? If you're only argument is zomg-this-thread-is-ginormous, then there are other threads that are more deserving of a subforum like Perfect World and Runes of Magic. Their sheer size screams for some form of organization. To be honest, I can't offer a counterargument for that (Someone else might).

All that I can say is that the anticipation for the game has been growing throughout the past couple of years and a fair amount of members from the forum are planning to move to Aion from SRO, WoW, or any other game used to fill in the gap of waiting for the release date. A subforum would be very beneficial to these players and also to the ones who are curious about it and/or are planning to switch to in the future.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Aion Subforum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:38 am 
Retired Admin

I open sub-forums sparingly, mainly i do it when there is a large presence of SRF members, within a game, preferably working together, or within knowledge of each other.

With the Hype behind Aion, i have no doubt that there will be a number of SRF member playing, however until then, i cant find myself opening a new sub-forum for Aion.

This does not mean that i may not. I merely try to be as sparing as possible

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:01 pm 
Elite Member

Needs a 100page topic first to get one, in fact, Jade Dynasty section should be deleted til they get a 100 page topic too! /sarcasm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:19 pm 
Forum Legend

@joey, agreed.

Even at 160+ pages it took me and others a large amount of time to convince admins of making a Subforum.

Jade Dynasty, never heard of it untill I saw the forum this morning, and Aion hasn't even released yet.

There's no way of telling if SRF is gonna have a large enough community to fit a subforums demands.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:37 am 
Elite Member

My post was originally sarcastic, but you've got a good point.

I only heard about Jade Dynasty earlier because the original topic name was some misleading crap that made me go "wtf?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:36 pm 
Site Owner

Seems a lot of that thread right now is people getting the game to download and installed. At this point, it doesnt look like individual "topics" and discussions are arising from it.

If a point comes, where people on SRF are actively discussing and room for new threads is needed, then we'll definetly consider adding it.

On that note, if Aion is as good as its hype and is going to be a promising game, its an opportunity for an "up and coming" webmaster to create a new fansite. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:05 pm 

Aion looks very similar to Guild Wars. Both are produced by NCsoft, but they look very similar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:20 am 
Dom's Slut

JBerlyn wrote:
Aion looks very similar to Guild Wars. Both are produced by NCsoft, but they look very similar.

Aion uses Crysis Engine :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:26 am 

CrimsonNuker wrote:
JBerlyn wrote:

Aion uses Crysis Engine :shock:

Wow. That was not what I expected. From the screenshots I saw, the way the characters moved, looked identical to Guild Wars.

Well, I hope this game turns out alright. I am still addicted to Silkroad Online. I am hoping a company will bring out a game similar to that of Silkroad, just without the ridicilous levelling or the bots.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:03 pm 
Dom's Slut

Wait...Aion = Aion: Tower of Eternity?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 pm 
Forum Legend

Why? "The Big GuildWars" post has many pages but still dosn't have a Subforum =)

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:24 pm 
Forum Legend

ofy1993 wrote:
ExSoldier wrote:
Why? "The Big GuildWars" post has many pages but still dosn't have a Subforum =)

because it's been dead for like the last 3 weeks and it's mainly the same 3-5 people that post in it.

Maybe,but as Key-J said,this might also happen to Aion? Sure now theres a decent number of SRF user that plays Aion,but that just might be because if the hype and the fact its a new game. IMO the mods should wait 1-2 month to see how many will still be playing Aion by then :)

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:38 pm 
Forum Legend

Aion first has to prove the hype is close to being warranted.