Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1496
Location: BEEN DERPIN ALL DAY DERP DERP
Well, forum gone little bit offroad lol, so it would be cool to have more Admins or Moderators, what you guys think?

_________________
<<Account shut down to prevent sockpuppeting. New user accountname "hey">>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:57 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2761
Location: /wave
A convincing argument.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:52 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13200
Location: Life
These types of threads have been made before. Only to be locked by a mod/admin who claims that they have more then enough people to handle the current amount of forum users who browse here on a regular and consistent biases.

RuYi will also, most likely, continue to bitch about how we don't use the report button enough to inform the mod team of problems, since after all, they can't "sniff out problems". Which is utter bullshit considering how many topics get reported, and then still remain un-moderated for hours on end.

If there were in fact enough mods at the moment, which the current mod/admin team is adamant that there is, then there wouldn't be threads like this, asking for more moderators.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1496
Location: BEEN DERPIN ALL DAY DERP DERP
Yea, there should be more staff members, too much wannabe Crumpets.

_________________
<<Account shut down to prevent sockpuppeting. New user accountname "hey">>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7915
Location:
Off Topic
Well, I don't know about that @Twist
But the mods we already have can do the job fine. Don't you think so? xD

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9492
Location: Plymouth, University
could be better if im to be honest 1 or 2 more wouldnt harm

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2341
Location: Limbo
Image
imo I'd don't think more staff members are necessary at the moment.

_________________
My attention span is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2761
Location: /wave
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
could be better if im to be honest 1 or 2 more wouldnt harm

Why wouldn't you be honest? We don't want to be above criticism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:38 am 
Site Owner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6390
Location:
Off Topic
Tasdik wrote:
Which is utter bullshit considering how many topics get reported, and then still remain un-moderated for hours on end.

Now now.

People sleep. People work. Even the big tyme gaming forums go unmoderated during off-work hours. And they have paid staff. My work blocks SRF =S

There should be some study.. ratio of reported threads, to those reported which got moderated. Might be closer than what it appears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 7145
Location: Done.
I've discussed this with the mod team before, and the moment they feel like it's getting too much to handle, they will make it known, and it's then when we will consider if we should start recruiting, or that some of us could keep an extra eye out for SRF.
It's the team that takes care of the forum, and therefore it is the team that can see if they can handle it or not.

The opinions of - most of the time - brats who whine about their reports not being handled too soon are the ones I couldn't care less about. And I will not even read the arguments of butthurt individuals who have failed to flatter myself or the other staff members into giving them a mod tag of their own.

This isn't a full time, paid job. If they do not have time to f5 the report section 24/7, that is fine. In my opinion, the reports are being looked into quickly enough.
The moment this changes, I trust the team to ring a bell and speak up about it, as will I.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:58 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13200
Location: Life
RuYi wrote:
I've discussed this with the mod team before, and the moment they feel like it's getting too much to handle, they will make it known, and it's then when we will consider if we should start recruiting, or that some of us could keep an extra eye out for SRF.
It's the team that takes care of the forum, and therefore it is the team that can see if they can handle it or not.

The opinions of - most of the time - brats who whine about their reports not being handled too soon are the ones I couldn't care less about. And I will not even read the arguments of butthurt individuals who have failed to flatter myself or the other staff members into giving them a mod tag of their own.

This isn't a full time, paid job. If they do not have time to f5 the report section 24/7, that is fine. In my opinion, the reports are being looked into quickly enough.
The moment this changes, I trust the team to ring a bell and speak up about it, as will I.

First of all, if your team was doing a decent enough job, threads like this would not be made. Simple as that.

Secondly, I could honestly care less about becoming a mod. In the past? Yes, I did in fact want to become a mod. Why? Not for the mod tag, I could care less about that. But so that I could actually help when situations like un-moderated topics go un-moderated. Or perhaps even update all the guides and stickies that are so hopelessly outdated. There are still new people coming to SRO looking for answers, naturally, they'd come here for those answers. Tell me, what good are outdated stickies full of information that is no longer up to up to date or relevant?

Also, RuYi, I don't get who the hell would want to work with you. You seem like a physco bi-polar bitch. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I've grown quite tired of dealing with your bi-polar behavior. You, literally, could not pay me to become a moderator now. You always whine about how you and the mod staff don't have time to be on the forum 24/7. Then why the hell don't you get people to fill in those hours that you cannot be on for?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1771
Location: Completely in flux
Tasdik wrote:
RuYi wrote:
I've discussed this with the mod team before, and the moment they feel like it's getting too much to handle, they will make it known, and it's then when we will consider if we should start recruiting, or that some of us could keep an extra eye out for SRF.
It's the team that takes care of the forum, and therefore it is the team that can see if they can handle it or not.

The opinions of - most of the time - brats who whine about their reports not being handled too soon are the ones I couldn't care less about. And I will not even read the arguments of butthurt individuals who have failed to flatter myself or the other staff members into giving them a mod tag of their own.

This isn't a full time, paid job. If they do not have time to f5 the report section 24/7, that is fine. In my opinion, the reports are being looked into quickly enough.
The moment this changes, I trust the team to ring a bell and speak up about it, as will I.

First of all, if your team was doing a decent enough job, threads like this would not be made. Simple as that.

Secondly, I could honestly care less about becoming a mod. In the past? Yes, I did in fact want to become a mod. Why? Not for the mod tag, I could care less about that. But so that I could actually help when situations like un-moderated topics go un-moderated. Or perhaps even update all the guides and stickies that are so hopelessly outdated. There are still new people coming to SRO looking for answers, naturally, they'd come here for those answers. Tell me, what good are outdated stickies full of information that is no longer up to up to date or relevant?

Also, RuYi, I don't get who the hell would want to work with you. You seem like a physco bi-polar bitch. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I've grown quite tired of dealing with your bi-polar behavior. You, literally, could not pay me to become a moderator now. You always whine about how you and the mod staff don't have time to be on the forum 24/7. Then why the hell don't you get people to fill in those hours that you cannot be on for?


imho, the mods are only as good as the forum and the people on it. Granted some of the mods may not play anymore, but that shouldn't prevent them from doing their job, and they seem to do all right.

Guides and stickies would need people to either rep them - which we don't have a system for - or perhaps get a ton of replies to a new guide and a pm to the mods to sticky it.

Although I have to agree, quite a few of the guides or stickies aren't updated for 110 cap. But how is that the mod or admin's problem?

This forum seems more like a "hands off" kind of forum where issues are addressed as they occur. For the most part, it seems to run itself. How many mods would want to be super-actively involved in a forum dedicated to a game they don't play anymore? I still mod at a couple of forums that I rarely if ever visit. But if I'm dropping by, I help them out when I can.

er, maybe I've just made your point too. But you get what I'm saying right?

_________________
Image

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9492
Location: Plymouth, University
SM-Count wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
could be better if im to be honest 1 or 2 more wouldnt harm

Why wouldn't you be honest? We don't want to be above criticism.


i was honest? wasnt i lol naa jokes i lies we need 1 or 2 less staff

The forum works fine with what we have but could be better as i said 1 or 2 extra staff wont really effect much as in the day to day running of the site but would add a safety net also help keep threads moderated. Sometimes it takes a while for a thread to be looked into and as ryoko said or i think he was trying to say they all get looked into at some point but with work, school, sleep there are times when the forum is unmoderated so might take a while for the issue to be resolved, so going back to my original point 1 or 2 extra staff might help but definiatly wont harm anything

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2761
Location: /wave
Well the "if I'm to be honest" implied you wouldn't be honest under normal circumstances cause you're afraid to hurt our super sensitive feelings (suuuuuuuuuuuuper sensitive).

I think the report response time is a legitimate argument, but sometimes I leave reports open to remind myself I need to take action after thinking about it more or discussing it mods so it's not always the most accurate representation; a fair point nonetheless.

Were there any particular threads lately that didn't get mod attention for ridiculous amounts of time even though it's obvious it needed it? (just guessing there was something that prompted this)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13200
Location: Life
_Equal_ wrote:
Although I have to agree, quite a few of the guides or stickies aren't updated for 110 cap. But how is that the mod or admin's problem?

In my opinion, moderators should do more then lock/move topics. Or whatever. They should strive to improve the forum in all areas. Such as updating guides and shit.

Like what Fena did here -> http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=79715

Edit:
SM-Count wrote:
Were there any particular threads lately that didn't get mod attention for ridiculous amounts of time even though it's obvious it needed it? (just guessing there was something that prompted this)

Not a particular thread, no. Just a few threads in the past.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:17 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9492
Location: Plymouth, University
SM-Count wrote:
Well the "if I'm to be honest" implied you wouldn't be honest under normal circumstances cause you're afraid to hurt our super sensitive feelings (suuuuuuuuuuuuper sensitive).

I think the report response time is a legitimate argument, but sometimes I leave reports open to remind myself I need to take action after thinking about it more or discussing it mods so it's not always the most accurate representation; a fair point nonetheless.

Were there any particular threads lately that didn't get mod attention for ridiculous amounts of time even though it's obvious it needed it? (just guessing there was something that prompted this)


:love: wouldnt want to hurt you

and as tasdik said its not one thread just sometimes you watch something go out of control and things get said etc when sometimes the situation needs more urgent action so its not one thread recent just overtime.

but iv said my part now quite frankly i dont want to draw this out into an arguement which it may well be, things have already been said about ruyi but then again im not a huge fan shes ignored me on a number of occasions when im pm'ed her thats a pet peeve of mine if sometime takes their time to say something least you can do is give a response even if its brief but il leave it with that

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1771
Location: Completely in flux
Tasdik wrote:
In my opinion, moderators should do more then lock/move topics. Or whatever. They should strive to improve the forum in all areas. Such as updating guides and shit.

Like what Fena did here -> viewtopic.php?f=29&t=79715


I see your point, but even as a user w/ only posting rights, I did that kind of stuff on other forums. It's not hard to link topics together, although mods would have an easier time.

Maybe put up a poll, see if a lot of people agree that more staff are required or are unhappy with response time.

_________________
Image

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2761
Location: /wave
I used to manage the Guide section with cin but since I don't play anymore and have never played at cap I can't differentiate between good guide and a bad one anymore; however, there's nothing stopping a normal user from putting these together and asking a mod to sticky it (like I did years ago with the help of cin).

The reason a lot of mods were initially picked were because of their contributions. e.g. I became section mod of Guides because of the fact I already helped the mods maintain Sin's guide catalog through which I knew how to find everything when people requested help. (obviously this no longer applies) Maybe mods should do more than just keep the forum clean and run the event every now and then, I'm not sure what my stance on that is atm, but I also think if you have strong feelings about something that's within your own power to change (an updated guides list in this case) then do so.

I've been listed as G&T mod for 3? years now, I've gotten 2 pms total about adding a guide and only 1 about removing an outdated one (think all the pictures didn't work anymore). Maybe I should be more proactive rather than reactive, but these guides were always for the forum browsers and if they don't complain I guess I never thought of it as a problem. That's my explanation on that point, take from it what you will.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:25 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11256
Location: Pimpas Paradise.
Hmm, is there any european mods? The off-hours for the NA people is usually after dinner for us europeans. That would fill in the hours where no mods is here or asleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:38 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 7145
Location: Done.
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
[...] things have already been said about ruyi but then again im not a huge fan shes ignored me on a number of occasions when im pm'ed her thats a pet peeve of mine if sometime takes their time to say something least you can do is give a response even if its brief but il leave it with that

Are you referring to that time you PM'ed me to ask if I could reopen a thread for 'luls' just so you could reply in it? And then, when I replied 'no', you asked again, and then I was like "Did I stutter?" and then you said I should totally keep it open for luls. Or did you mean that PM if you could please be a moderator?

Because in cases like these I like to take full advantage of the right to remain silent.

HejsaN wrote:
Hmm, is there any european mods? The off-hours for the NA people is usually after dinner for us europeans. That would fill in the hours where no mods is here or asleep.

I'm in West-Europe.

And Tasdik, while I personally don't give a damn if you kiss your mother with that mouth, next time you insult anyone or cross the line in any way, you'll be permanently banned. I don't care if it's tomorrow, next week or next year. This is your last warning.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:23 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9492
Location: Plymouth, University
RuYi wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
[...] things have already been said about ruyi but then again im not a huge fan shes ignored me on a number of occasions when im pm'ed her thats a pet peeve of mine if sometime takes their time to say something least you can do is give a response even if its brief but il leave it with that

Are you referring to that time you PM'ed me to ask if I could reopen a thread for 'luls' just so you could reply in it? And then, when I replied 'no', you asked again, and then I was like "Did I stutter?" and then you said I should totally keep it open for luls. Or did you mean that PM if you could please be a moderator?

Because in cases like these I like to take full advantage of the right to remain silent.

HejsaN wrote:
Hmm, is there any european mods? The off-hours for the NA people is usually after dinner for us europeans. That would fill in the hours where no mods is here or asleep.

I'm in West-Europe.



first one i lolled it was funny, 2nd one i offered my help you ignored me how would i not be offended i couldnt care less if you dont want my help but not even a NO or sorry we dont need any more help. i noticed some things wernt getting attention fast enough. But outright ignoring me, thats is my all time thing i find most annoying/aggrovating there are so many ways to discontinue a discussion right off the bat other then ignoring. ignoring is just plain rude.

i also want to note for the public i asked to be a mod without any of the flashy coloured name or tags so i get no benefit from it but stil can help.

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:27 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2341
Location: Limbo
I think when the moderation of this forums becomes a matter of world importance where it matters that spam-bots get insta-banned and grammar counts otherwise we all die from care-bears - at that point we're probably going to need more mods. Until then I don't think so.

Quote:
First of all, if your team was doing a decent enough job, threads like this would not be made. Simple as that.

Stop fking whining. Also discrediting other intentions to support your exaggerated explanation of a problem is lame.

_________________
My attention span is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13200
Location: Life
Shomari wrote:
Quote:
First of all, if your team was doing a decent enough job, threads like this would not be made. Simple as that.

Stop fking whining. Also discrediting other intentions to support your exaggerated explanation of a problem is lame.

You mad brah?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2341
Location: Limbo
Tasdik wrote:
Shomari wrote:
Quote:
First of all, if your team was doing a decent enough job, threads like this would not be made. Simple as that.

Stop fking whining. Also discrediting other intentions to support your exaggerated explanation of a problem is lame.

You mad brah?

no i'm hungry.




i'm not hungry anymore. I had some delicious meatballs.

_________________
My attention span is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 am 
Site Owner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6390
Location:
Off Topic
Tasdik wrote:
Also, RuYi, I don't get who the hell would want to work with you.


You know what I like best about RuYi?

I will always know where I stand, because she won't lie to me about it. In fact, I avoid asking her at all because I know I'll get an honest, blunt answer.

Shes a no-bullshit type of girl. Your lucky shes in charge.

=)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:43 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13200
Location: Life
I have no problem with no-bullshit types of people. In fact, my guild leader happens to be one. But there is a fine line between no-bullshit and a down right bitchy type of person.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1496
Location: BEEN DERPIN ALL DAY DERP DERP
Tasdik wrote:
I have no problem with no-bullshit types of people. In fact, my guild leader happens to be one. But there is a fine line between no-bullshit and a down right bitchy type of person.

Well you are right about that, i don't have anything against RuYi but i think she is in some dictator stage.

_________________
<<Account shut down to prevent sockpuppeting. New user accountname "hey">>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2341
Location: Limbo
Twist wrote:
Tasdik wrote:
I have no problem with no-bullshit types of people. In fact, my guild leader happens to be one. But there is a fine line between no-bullshit and a down right bitchy type of person.

Well you are right about that, i don't have anything against RuYi but i think she is in some dictator stage.

imo Ru isn't bitchy at all - unless you give her reason to be.

_________________
My attention span is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 pm 
Site Owner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6390
Location:
Off Topic
Twist wrote:
i don't have anything against RuYi but i think she is in some dictator stage.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Trust me, I know. I was a GM of a very successfull guild for 4.5 years. Somehow patience, understanding and strong leadership turned into "Angry Ryoko" who hated everyone and spent most of his time ranting in forum posts about people who suck or people who don't show the **** up to raid.

We've had too many leaders stand down already. We can't afford another.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Staff
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9492
Location: Plymouth, University
Ryoko wrote:
Twist wrote:
i don't have anything against RuYi but i think she is in some dictator stage.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Trust me, I know. I was a GM of a very successfull guild for 4.5 years. Somehow patience, understanding and strong leadership turned into "Angry Ryoko" who hated everyone and spent most of his time ranting in forum posts about people who suck or people who don't show the **** up to raid.

We've had too many leaders stand down already. We can't afford another.



Too true about the becoming angry, over time

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group