Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Banned Users
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm 
Forum God

*BlackFox wrote:
no doubt about it!... Well But, in some cases, you was too harsh.

Not really, Ruyi is the best mod we've had, she never hesitated to ban anyone, even those with the huge SRF-Penises and for that I respect her. In my opinion lifting Tasdik ban was idiotic, since he didn't just disrespect RuYi, but all the mods in general. I guess I should start being disrespectful to the mods also, since there doesn't seem to be any consequences doing so. Anyways, I highly doubt most unbanned people will come back. Atleast those who were banned for over 1 year ago. Most of them prolly forgot most about SRF.

Good luck RuYi, and thank you for trying to keep the forum in check.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am 
Forum God

Swindler wrote:
*BlackFox wrote:
no doubt about it!... Well But, in some cases, you was too harsh.

Not really, Ruyi is the best mod we've had, she never hesitated to ban anyone, even those with the huge SRF-Penises and for that I respect her. In my opinion lifting Tasdik ban was idiotic, since he didn't just disrespect RuYi, but all the mods in general. I guess I should start being disrespectful to the mods also, since there doesn't seem to be any consequences doing so. Anyways, I highly doubt most unbanned people will come back. Atleast those who were banned for over 1 year ago. Most of them prolly forgot most about SRF.

Good luck RuYi, and thank you for trying to keep the forum in check.

although i agree i dont feel she should be dicks because we can get away with it, what is been suggested is a tier system where your punishment will increase the more times you offend rather then insta ban for life this makes sense but unbanning people already banned will give them a sense of entitlement and their already huge e-peen is now bigger but i also feel is a kick in the arse of ruyi

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum, I've talked to RuYi a bit just now, she has no plans to browse the forums anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:03 pm 
Elite Member

:(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm 
Addicted Member

Aristocrat wrote:
...not like ppl got a grudge if someone botted 5yrs ago anymore...

I'm not saying I shouldn't get over it, but I'm still disappointed that botters ruined this game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm 
Valued Member

thats one way to see it, I kind of feel that joymax ruined the game, forcing people to bot, there's not a human on earth that'd grind after 90 without finding it boring making 0,5% an hour of grinding...especially since the storyline is very boring, it's just text. I understand if people bot today, but I agree with you it was a shitty thing to do around 70 cap, you could easily make it there by just playing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 am 
Dom's Slut

It's surprising to find people that will legitimately grind in a game like this, it's not like it's some AAA mmorpg, it's extremely dated.
There are better games out there to spend your time on, but that's just my opinion.
Probably more than half the people in this game buy silk, probably more than $50 worth during their whole time in this game. Guild Wars 2 is a quality game and it only costs $50 (maybe even cheaper), and grind? What's that?

I understand why people bot, do I support it? Not really, why bot in this game, like really.

Here's a dirty secret of mine;
If I were given the opportunity to spearhead some lucrative gold botting company and make millions off of players from this game, would I? You bet.
But would I do it to a game like WoW or GW2? Nope.

If you think that reflects the type of person I am in real life;
I had a Jasper fat Xbox 360 with 2 hard drives; 60GB and 120GB. I posted it with the 60GB hard drive on Kijiji and listed it for about $150. That same week, Best Buy had the new Xbox slim 4GB on sale for $149.99. I ended up selling my old Xbox to this old couple (in their 30-40s) who wanted to buy it for their son. I included a controller and the wifi adapter, nothing else, and I sold it to them for $150 and used that money to get myself the Xbox slim that was on sale and popped in my 120GB hard drive.
Would you consider this perhaps...unethical, because I sold them an inferior and used product for the same price as the better newer product?

Another Kijiji success story;
I bought a Canada Goose jacket for $300, and sold it for $400, except I told the person I sold it to that it was my sister's and she didn't want it anymore when I actually bought the CG with the intent to make a profit.
Do you think I should have told the truth?

It's just business 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 am 
Site Contributor

CrimsonNuker wrote:
It's surprising to find people that will legitimately grind in a game like this, it's not like it's some AAA mmorpg, it's extremely dated.
There are better games out there to spend your time on, but that's just my opinion.
Probably more than half the people in this game buy silk, probably more than $50 worth during their whole time in this game. Guild Wars 2 is a quality game and it only costs $50 (maybe even cheaper), and grind? What's that?

I understand why people bot, do I support it? Not really, why bot in this game, like really.

Here's a dirty secret of mine;
If I were given the opportunity to spearhead some lucrative gold botting company and make millions off of players from this game, would I? You bet.
But would I do it to a game like WoW or GW2? Nope.

If you think that reflects the type of person I am in real life;
I had a Jasper fat Xbox 360 with 2 hard drives; 60GB and 120GB. I posted it with the 60GB hard drive on Kijiji and listed it for about $150. That same week, Best Buy had the new Xbox slim 4GB on sale for $149.99. I ended up selling my old Xbox to this old couple (in their 30-40s) who wanted to buy it for their son. I included a controller and the wifi adapter, nothing else, and I sold it to them for $150 and used that money to get myself the Xbox slim that was on sale and popped in my 120GB hard drive.
Would you consider this perhaps...unethical, because I sold them an inferior and used product for the same price as the better newer product?

Another Kijiji success story;
I bought a Canada Goose jacket for $300, and sold it for $400, except I told the person I sold it to that it was my sister's and she didn't want it anymore when I actually bought the CG with the intent to make a profit.

It's just business 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 pm 
Forum Legend

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Yes yes.. why not?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 am 
Dom's Slut

*BlackFox wrote:
CrimsonNuker wrote:
Yes yes.. why not?

Telling them that you bought and are selling it to make a profit doesn't exactly say "I have your best interest in mind :sohappy: "

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 pm 
Forum Legend

Ah yeah... I guess you're right. ^ xD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 am 
Site Owner

Aristocrat wrote:
thats one way to see it, I kind of feel that joymax ruined the game, forcing people to bot, there's not a human on earth that'd grind after 90 without finding it boring making 0,5% an hour of grinding...especially since the storyline is very boring, it's just text. I understand if people bot today, but I agree with you it was a shitty thing to do around 70 cap, you could easily make it there by just playing.

I've been playing video games for a long time. In any game where you can cheat, people will. People cheated in Age of Empires. People cheated in warcraft ladder. People cheated in Diablo. Maphacks, trainers, godmode and bots. It doesn't matter if there's only 20 levels, or 1000 levels.

The difference here is that this company does little to nothing about it. There's no real customer support, there's no actions taken against it or any programming invested into stopping it. I firmly believe that bots ruined this game. For me at least. Others still enjoy it; I am happy for them.

The problem isn't the community or our fellow gamers, but the game and the company behind it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:04 am 
Forum God

i don't know yeh people will cheat but the company has its goals set in money, that isnt why people lose interest, its just they see bots and think thats it either jump to botting themselves and do it to the extreme or quit when really you need to invest time into anything to get a good reward. even bots themselves are not bad people in recent times iv found the legit community been less social then the botting community which is a bizarre change. but as this forum is set primarly as a legit community we lose out on a lot people are less willing to confess to botting with the fear of banning even having a section called exposed botters will detract some people from joining although im certain a lot will lurk around or very least used to.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 am 
Loyal Member

Koreans did it in a legit way, their job temple for example wasn't a botfest where people fight for setting bot in the best spot, it was actually used the way it meant to be, result is 100x more skilled players, and they had fun.

but if you try to do that while everyone botted his way up to 120 around you, you'll be stuck back for years and you'll never catch them, the game would've been still alive if joymax moderated it better, I would prefer the official servers over pserver if they were not botinfestedpay2in, maybe one day a good company like ArenaNet would buy sro2.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 am 
Elite Member

^In JSRO people did massive jobwars still at 110 cap, either in Temple or outside with huge trades. Only when the new job system came did these wars also die.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm 
Ex-Staff

Totally off topic, but i remember back when ruyi used to post in the AC with everyone else. Things change i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 pm 
Dom's Slut

rek wrote:
Totally off topic, but i remember back when ruyi used to post in the AC with everyone else. Things change i guess.

I remember this too actually.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:48 pm 
Forum Legend

rek wrote:
I've seen such things too. Well... maybe It's a curse being a Moderator or Administrator? xD
Well, they Just(stopped)or don't participate in the conversation with us anymore.. Only once in a while.