Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:56 am 
Casual Member

I think it is better to start from scratch again, you can probably power level to like level 10, and leveling should be faster with Pure Int the second time around. Str was no benefit to you (only + health) so that might be why it took so long to level.

You can always stick with it and be semi hybrid (add all int now) but again I would restart.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Cleric overview
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:14 pm 

I've been playing cleric for a while now and I stated something: all the clerics should take at least the first book of shield trash. Not many people do that yet, that's why I'm stating it here.

As a cleric, mobs will get angry on you when you heal your party members. They will attack you, if the tanker isn't taunting them decently. What happens if you get 3 mobs on you? You die, if you're pure int.

I tried a cleric before, without shield trash, and now on server Hera I have one with shield trash. I couldn't tell how much it's usefull, and how many times it saved me.

Also, on the warrior skills, theres lots of shield based skills that you should get. I'd get them all if I was you.

Just wanted to state that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:18 pm 
Valued Member

I disagree with the comment about Reverse Oblation being useless. It's probably THE best resurrection skill in the game. It's instant cast and gives powerful tanking abilities for a while, so all you have to do is buff an oblationed person and they can keep attacking. If they don't want the buff they can simply right-click it and it will disappear.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:54 pm 

Very nice guide! I actually learned some things too and I have a lvl 53 cleric ^^
But about the builds, you should add 2:1 hybrid int. (2 int 1 str)
I have a hybrid int like that, and it's already proven to be very usefull. You will still be int based, so you have enough mp to buff and heal everyone. But you won't die so fast with the extra str, and as the only resser in the party, you NEED to stay alive.
I've had a few times when a lot of people die, and the mobs attack me. But now I can survive a few hits, heal myself, res my pt members, heal myself again, and let the others kill the mobs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:15 am 
Banned User

The only thing I don't agree with this guide is how you mention that Reverse Oblation is not worth it. It is, in addition to resurrecting the person, they regain about 60% of their lost exp (or so it says on the description) whereas the regular one only gives back 5%. Other than that, pretty good guide.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:14 pm 
Casual Member

what does healing division do anyways? I don't really understand the explanation it has on the skill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:02 am 
Frequent Member

good guide but i REALLY think you should add oblation. It has saved my party's life soooo many times when the tank dies. just a quick oblation and the party continues. Also its great for ressing someone in an area filled with aggro mobs, since it's an instant cast. lvl 1 oblation allows you to res up till 60 so it's pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:34 pm 
Banned User

Healing division is useless, it basically sends this beam from you to 2 other people in your party and heals them; but it also aggros mobs and that is not a good thing to use. Other healing buffs are better choices. What you want to get however, is Recovery Division.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:38 pm 
Valued Member

Rhe7oric wrote:
Healing division is useless, it basically sends this beam from you to 2 other people in your party and heals them; but it also aggros mobs and that is not a good thing to use. Other healing buffs are better choices. What you want to get however, is Recovery Division.

I disagree with your statement. :D
Healing Division is nice for an instant-cast heal skill that has a fast cooldown. In my experience, I would rather drop Group Healing because it aggros more monsters and has a slower cast animation, plus a longer cooldown. Group Recovery is enough for a last-resort instant party heal. And Recovery Division, curiously enough, aggros more than all of them put together since it heals every few seconds. At 80, you can pretty much drop Group Healing because your Healing Orbit heals over time for everyone. Since not everyone should be getting hit at once, Healing Division and Favor serves the purpose of healing the tanker and one other person very quickly.

Rhe7oric wrote:
The only thing I don't agree with this guide is how you mention that Reverse Oblation is not worth it. It is, in addition to resurrecting the person, they regain about 60% of their lost exp (or so it says on the description) whereas the regular one only gives back 5%. Other than that, pretty good guide.

I agree with this, but Reverse Oblation only gives 10% like the other cleric res skills ^^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:49 pm 
Frequent Member

Hey all,

Don't mean to bump old threads and/or stickies, but..

Just curious if there will be any updates on this guide, we must have more clerics out there now that are able to offer suggestions/input.

I have a level 58 cleric/bard/warrior. The warrior is lvl 10, only there for the shield trash, and believe me it is useful in PvP or PvE. Nothing quite like dull on a fast blader and knocking him back so you can Offer him up as a sacrifice :P

Things to add:

Recovery Division is essential. If you are playing in a party with mostly Chinese, good luck, because they can't keep aggro very well, and you WILL aggro monsters. I have a picture of a mostly Chinese party at dark karra where the fish basically point an arrow shape right at me because of RD. lol

Healing Division may aggro, but it's a one-time quick cooldown thing as opposed to RD which heals every 5 seconds, and it seems as though it aggro's less.

When in Chinese parties, I tend to throw Healing Cycle on the "tankers", it's got a fast cooldown and I have it at level 5 so it helps a lot. Not that Chinese need it much with their low pot delay, but ints can use it.

That being said you could still keep RD on, just stay behind the tankers/archers/wiz, when properly done they won't get to you anyway, and since you have good phys defense, you can tank them to a degree. Healing Cycle on yourself helps for a few minutes and of course Bless should always be on and reserved for giant pt and champ pt. (All the above pertains to Chinese or mixed parties.)

Now then: We don't have many Euro parties, but warriors with Taunt work wonders, wiz with AOE will keep aggro off you a little anyway and Quota and Fence will keep you alive. Rec. Division and Healing Division then are even more essential. A group heal should be kept available but you shouldn't really need it.

One more thing to add: When ressing a character, you can put Reverse Oblation on top of your res...just FYI. In case you res someone and then think, oh no, I should have used Oblation on him instead for the nice 50% damage reduction and the HP increase.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm 

Chronos wrote:
Im a cleric lvl 24, i did the mistake not to put all Char points on MP at first, but when I realised what I was doing i started fixing the error, so I atm i have like 1400 MP and 1100 HP points.

But my damage is too low, I dont know what I could enhance at this point of the game, it took me really much to get to this level since i dont get exp for killing but just from shared parties...
All I do is ressing dead ppl :cry:

I would like to know what it should be better for me to do... Keep this or ?

...or start over

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:56 pm 

I totally agree with Advancechao.

Healing Division is a must have. Why?
Because, when you are spamming the healing cycle on all members, there's a cooldown for the cycle (4sec), and this skill integrates really well (2 sec CD) in that cooldown, giving extra HP to 2 members who have low HP in the party. Also this skill has low aggro.
It's a must have skill after the healing cycle.

Recovery Divison heals all party members with the same amount of HP every 5 sec, not just members with low HP.

One very important thing for the future clerics. Use party heals ONLY when you have more than 2-3 pt members who suffer big dmg/HP loss. Use it wisely, cause the mobs will turn on you the moment you cast them. (Esp. the skills next to the rec. div. - recovery/group recovery)

Reverse Oblation is the best res. skill from all res. skills.

Someone mentioned the warlock/cleric build here, or vice versa.
For this build, if you don't want to have a BIG gap all the time, I suggest you farm 200k @ ongs, and you can go 0 gap (or 3 gap for extra SPs) all the way to generals, starting from mastery 64 go 9 gap till 72-3 and farm again there. (200k sp minimum)
Why generals?
Simple enough, they are the max lvl mobs in SRO (so far), and you gonna get max SP from them, plus you gonna boost your economy while farming there.
The real SP consumption for this build starts @ 64 mastery.
My calculations for this build starting 64-80 mastery:
warlock = 200k
cleric = 110k (only essential skills= faith/charity/heavenly rage | heals/oblation/offering\pure/holyword\spell/buffs)
200 + 200 + 110 = 510k sp

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:27 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Why you say that cleric should be full int? A full int cleric will not be able to go at lvl 64 at niya guards in a party. A full int cleric is useless in fortress war, he will die at first hit even if he is high level and trust me the enemy will atack first the cleric. Clerics don't fight so no need for high damage. Cleric damage even he is full int compared to wizard damage is small. Also the cleric don't have to many skills that do damage. The cleric don't get the best exp alone he get good exp if he have in party 2 warrior (at least one should be 1 handed to lure the mobs) and 2 wizards (if i do a party i try to have in it another cleric and 3 warrior and 3 wizards).

Full str cleric also is not a good idea. The cost to play with a full str cleric is insane.

I have a cleric/bard that is 33% str 66% int (i use light armour for the pasives that increase my defense, bard is only for suport i have only a few skills like speed and noise). It's lvl 65 with gap 4. I can go with him in party at niya guard. If you try to go with a lvl 65 full int with robe cause this is the best option if you go for full int at niya guard you will die like a crazy and you will be useless. (I still use large mp so the costs are decent. The items gave me +20 str and +18 int).

Reverse Oblation is the worst ress for int character. When the buff end probably the int character will end up dead again.

Healing Division hmm... i started to use it after lvl 63.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:44 am 
Valued Member

Quote:
Healing Division is a must have. Why?
Because, when you are spamming the healing cycle on all members, there's a cooldown for the cycle (4sec), and this skill integrates really well (2 sec CD) in that cooldown, giving extra HP to 2 members who have low HP in the party. Also this skill has low aggro.
It's a must have skill after the healing cycle.

Correct, but Healing Cycle has an instant cooldown :shock: Not 4 seconds, unless you're talking about Orbit. Dunno about that.

JustTheLonelyOne wrote:
Why you say that cleric should be full int? A full int cleric will not be able to go at lvl 64 at niya guards in a party. A full int cleric is useless in fortress war, he will die at first hit even if he is high level and trust me the enemy will atack first the cleric. Clerics don't fight so no need for high damage. Cleric damage even he is full int compared to wizard damage is small. Also the cleric don't have to many skills that do damage. The cleric don't get the best exp alone he get good exp if he have in party 2 warrior (at least one should be 1 handed to lure the mobs) and 2 wizards (if i do a party i try to have in it another cleric and 3 warrior and 3 wizards).

Full str cleric also is not a good idea. The cost to play with a full str cleric is insane.

I have a cleric/bard that is 33% str 66% int (i use light armour for the pasives that increase my defense, bard is only for suport i have only a few skills like speed and noise). It's lvl 65 with gap 4. I can go with him in party at niya guard. If you try to go with a lvl 65 full int with robe cause this is the best option if you go for full int at niya guard you will die like a crazy and you will be useless. (I still use large mp so the costs are decent. The items gave me +20 str and +18 int).

True, this is good advice but most people don't play as a pure Cleric. Cleric is much more common as a subclass; the Wizards and Warlocks who pick cleric are probably going to go full INT for the damage, while Rogues and Warriors opt to go pure STR.

Quote:
Reverse Oblation is the worst ress for int character. When the buff end probably the int character will end up dead again.

I believe it's still the best res simply for its fast casting animation and the good tanking buff. You can simply right click the buff and it will go away; most people do this the second they stand up.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:37 am 
Common Member

JustTheLonelyOne wrote:

Healing Division hmm... i started to use it after lvl 63.

I don't know what kind of party you were in. You had no warriors to buff you or something? I was already partying at Niya Guards at lv 60 and I am a pure INT cleric, rarely died with good warriors. I don't get 1 hit in FW because of warrior buffs. If your party needs 3 warriors and 2 clerics then they must suck really bad.

Reverse Oblation is one of the best res's. Instant cast and bonus defense/HP for 2 minutes. If you don't like it, cancel the buff, simple.

You started using healing division at 63? I can already tell what kind of horrible parties you were in. Come to Venus :)

p.s. I believe Healing Cycle's cooldown is about 2 seconds, not instant.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:39 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Cherri usually I have to ask for warrior buffs and I have to wait a couple of minutes until the warrior will buff me... You are lucky you have in guild or friends good warriors... I changed several guilds cause I can't find a good one.

Healing Cycle has 2s cooldown or something around this value I tryed few moments ago to cast in imediatly after I casted the first healing cycle on me and I didn't worked.

In Hercules you will find a lot of high lvl that are noobs. A level 61 warrior that don't protect the cleric and the wizards that don't use skills is a noob. I kicked him from the party and he started to swear me every day until I used a global for him >:) .

Hercules has 2 major problems the lag and the gold bots (why the gold bots are not banned cause is very easy to detect the bots don't ask me ask the GMs of the server). If the gold bots will be banned the server will be populated not crawed as it is now at every hour.

In FW if you have to fight with lvl 80s is a bit hard to stay alive.

At my level is hard to find a party and I'm not the only one that have this problem.

In all the guild I was I didn't saw team play. Let's take an example, in the last guild I was I party with some of their members 5-6 times and I was not a good party (I was in this guild for 2-3 weeks). They had GW in the midle of ticket, I asked 1 day ticket or free taxi if they want me in the GW (I was the only pure cleric they had) no answer at my request, so I didn't go to GW and I stayed in a party at yacha. After this they started to ofend me... Another exemple, I was in another guild I had union chat, I asked if there is any party at mob lvl 54-60, no answer, in ~10 minutes I found a party at penons, at one moment they attacked a gp, they didn't needed healing so I attacked also the gp, there was also a party made by a guild from union (why they didn't respond on the union chat or with a message cause the party was not full) and they started to make me ks, noob and idiot on the union chat. I asked if there is a party at monsters lvl 54-60 i got no answer so the only logical think that I could understand was that there was no union party at mobs lvl 54-60 so what where they doing at penons and also if there was no party at lvl 54-60 I could not ks them cause they should not be there...

Full INT gives you more damage and more mana. The fact that you are full int raise the risks when you use offering or maybe you will not be able to use offering cause you life will be under 95%.

Regarding Reverse Oblation the wizard in my party wait until the buff disapair by himself and they some time attack alone the monsters so this is a bit dangerous for them. For wizards I usualy use grad reverse. I usualy don't have to ress people often.

I use healing division after I use group healing I case they need more healing.

The way a cleric have to play depends a lot of how good are the members of the party. If the cleric takes a lot of hits then probably he will have to use healing cycle and even bless spell to protect himself if other don't protect him (I can always change to bard and use discord wave :p , they will lose the int str buff but they didn't protect so it's not my fault i had to use discord wave). Last night the party find out on the hard way what happen if I die, they all end up dead :)) .

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:34 pm 
Casual Member

Ok - been away for 8 months!

Just started playing SRO again, need to get my head back into the game, however i plan to go through all the posts on this i haven't read, and update the guide.

As such, watch this space, edit and update of the guide is on its way!

Comments are always useful so please continue to add your 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:28 pm 
Common Member

JustTheLonelyOne wrote:

You should come to Venus =)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 pm 

Question: If i am a robe clearic and want mental blessing. i need charity 2. do i ahve to be a light armor to get mental blessing or do i just need charity 2 without using it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:23 am 
Valued Member

Cherri wrote:
JustTheLonelyOne wrote:

You should come to Venus =)

+1 xD

Gennair wrote:
Question: If i am a robe cleric and want mental blessing. i need charity 2. do i have to be a light armor to get mental blessing or do i just need charity 2 without using it?

anyone with charity can get mental blessing but you must get it. Even if you won't be benefiting from it directly because you are wearing robe you'll still need it to get any of the blessings or holyspell etc etc.

not sure why you only ask about mental blessing but just for the record you can't cast it on yourself and it disappears when you switch weapons.

--you don't need to read from this point onwards-- this is just adding onto the guide.
cleric aggro
there's a little confusing about cleric aggro but in short, heals don't aggro mobs directly. Heals aggro the mobs of whoever you heal.

So, if a Movia is attacking me and the warrior had it aggroed for 10,000 using my warrior taunt skill.
The cleric would need to heal the warrior for 20,001 hp for it to change target. (not including healing cycle and orbit)

most skills are 1:1 ratio so if I do 1 damage I get 1 point aggro but heals are 2:1 meaning, for every 2 hp I heal I get 1 point of aggro.

also the heal aggro only applies to monsters that are actually targetting the player being healed, if the monster I am attacking doesn't know i exist the monster won't be aggroed.

Of course there are a lot more factors involved when in a party but that's a very basic tut on cleric aggro, which explains why big heals tend to aggro more than say the little ones.

As for fw fights and high level parties are concerned, every server has their own unique situation therefore what's right for one server may not be right for another. Speaking from my experience on Venus, we tend to train our warriors enough so that when the time comes to fight buffs are always up, however Venus also has the problem of absolute damage which is somewhat covered by going hybrid or having a str buff from a second cleric etc etc... you said your parties tend to sux and you end up having to guild hop, easy solution to that, come to Venus. lol this turned into like a sales pitch, I'll call it a night here.

gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:21 pm 

just was confused thanks anyways.
whats do you recommend fo prue int cleric thought robe or protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:36 am 
Veteran Member

Gennair wrote:
just was confused thanks anyways.
whats do you recommend fo prue int cleric thought robe or protector

go Light Armour, gives more phy/mag defense ... go robe if you wanna heal more/be safer against warlock type attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:40 pm 
Advanced Member

Very nice guide

Retired from SRO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:49 pm 
Casual Member

Having started playingSro again, investing in some preimum items, my PC has died and yet to be fixed, as such the updated guide is still a way off, as i wont do it unitll i am able to access the game again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:32 am 

pheeeeeewww. very nice guide.

@admin
thanks for letting me in again here in our forum =D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 am 

PURE OFFERING = K.O.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:01 pm 

Thought I'd post my 2 cents here (as a cleric with 1 month experience...)

Re: Healing Division
I use this spell a lot, as a replacement for group heal which I deleveled. It has a instant cast, fast cooldown, and autotargets the party member with lowest hp to heal them. I try to have my luring tank selected all the time, so I can keep HC on him and cast Recovery if necessary. Taking the time to select an int who just got hit to heal him is inadvisable, and a group heal takes a split second longer to cast (and aggroes me more since it will heal the tank.) In an emergency you always have Group Recovery.

Re: Robes/LA
For PvE LA is definitely better (up to my level, anyway) for its physical defense and passives. If you don't have a lot of problems with xBow rogues in your server you can probably go with Robes for PvP, and have shield trash ready for any str enemies that get close. I don't see Robes minus shield trash working well.

Avalon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:22 pm 
Banned User

xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:21 am 

best guide ive seen ^_^
just idk on gap for wiz/cleric..

Thanks MasterKojito for the sig <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:35 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Which is more useful? with a wizard sub or warlock for lvling purpose?