Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blue Screen of Death and nv4_disp.dll ~
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:00 am 
Loyal Member

Over the past few days I've been experiencing a problem with a looping blue screen of death that relates the problem to a file name: nv4_disp.dll. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers even with a driver cleaner, and updating them without any success. Whenever I load up SRO and get in game a few secs later my comp crashes and the blue screen pops up: blah, blah, blah something about nv4_disp.dll. This is kinda odd, but it doesn't happen with any other games that I have, only SRO.

I've come to my wit's end trying to solve the problem, but with two days of almost constant trying I've come to find no solution. I'm turning to basically anywhere where I could find help. If anyone could help me out with this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

thnx~

Post subject: Re: Blue Screen of Death and nv4_disp.dll ~
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:29 am 
Loyal Member

Nvm, after investigating into some more solutions and just simply jumping in and looking for myself I fixed the problem. A mod can delete this topic ^,^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:31 pm 
Frequent Member

Before a mod locks this, could you please let us know what the actual fix was? Someone else may have a similar problem.

A blue screen usually means drivers/hardware, in your case obviously the video card. But you stated you reinstalled the drivers, so I'm curious to the solution.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:52 pm 
Banned User

What was the problem, my other PC has the same problem and I haven't been able to run SRO ever since I reformatted it months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:37 am 
Loyal Member

Actually the fix was pretty simple, wish I tried it before the 5 days of constant crashes XD

First off I did a system restore. All the time I failed to realize that window's defender was running while I was trying to reinstall the drivers for the gfx card, which sometimes anti-virus programs can mess up installation. I was kicking myself over that for awhile.

In this case, I exited all programs, double checking that window's defender wasn't running either. Uninstalled the driver, but didn't auto-reboot; moved the nvidia folder into the recycle bin, and then rebooted. To my amazement it allowed me to install the driver again. Was scared to try to play SRO, but eventually I tried it and no crashes.

Just make sure you close all programs before you install your gfx driver.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

you should check this nv4_disp.dll post..For blue screen error problem...