Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Guide]The Ultimate Pure INT Spear[UPDATE-12/02/2008]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:40 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

what skill should i use till lvl 30 ? and what nuke should i get at lvl 30?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:29 am 

This is a really nice guide. Lockstar help me +9 my spear. Tell me how u did it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide,
im gonna do the same but with garment,

and only 60 fire instead of 80 So light maxed, Cold Maxed, Spear Maxed,
And Fire i guess @ 60 =)

Post subject: Re: [Guide]The Ultimate Pure INT Spear[56k Warning!]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Feataler wrote:
LockStar. wrote:
Feataler wrote:
Answome guide! just some stuff i'd like to correct.

1-All the soul departs books stun. The 2 last ones hit twice. The first stuns for 5 seconds, the second 6 seconds, the third 7 seconds and the last one 8 seconds.

2-Ghost spear isn't the strongest attack. Soul departs is more powerful. Only the two last books knockback. And yes it's really fast so its a good finishing skill after a nuke for it's speed.

3- Your biggest enemies wont be other pure ints because you can 1 hit kill them, and they can 1 hit kill you, it's based on luck. You're worst enemies will be str builds, because they will 1 hit kill you and you will not be able to 1 hit them.

Just one thing that you should add is your personal view on pure int spear. What do you think about it? Do you think it's a good build among all the others? How much do you pwn with it? And all that stuff. Just like the "why use spear?" paragraph, make one like "why taking pure int spear?"

Thanks.

2.I meant that its the most powerful Single skill in the heuksal tree. Most damage for least time.

3.You are very wrong, I don't know if you ever had a capped pure int. But since new skills got implemented, none of the pure int players pvp without snow shield. Fights with nukers depend on snow shield, once its out it will be LUCK. But as I said, if you use your fan storm wise enough,you will be a winner. And believe me, Str builds can't even get close when i pop snow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all of the guide was done from the view of a capped and farmed player. But I'll fix that. :)

2. Well you see, soul departs takes time to charge but after it hits you will do your second attack faster. Ghost spear hits very fast but after it hits your character takes more time to move to the next attack. On my str glavier, I can hit 1600 critical with soul departs and 1200 critical with ghost spear.

3. Dude even with snow shield, rogues will 2 hit kill you, as for str glaviers if they have fanning spear on you'll hit very very low damage on them, and str bladders will do as good as str glaviers but they also can block... snow shield isn't that perfect you know, you should consider that the other builds also have their own skills.

Looks like you have nothing to say anymore about you canot be killed by a pure int spear LOOOL !!!

pure int spear kills everything i don't say win but it kills anything..

and im on hera to btw :-p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm 
Casual Member

This sounds like a pretty solid build. I'm a noob when it comes to SRO. I've NEVER been into PVP'ing in any game I've played. I hate PVP but sadly, PVM in SRO is like watching paint dry.

With that being said, my friends told me to do a different build than this one. They said 60 fire, 80 ice, 80 light, 80 spear would be the best. Is there anything wrong with this build?

SO SO SO many people hate it when snow shield / snake storm / ironwall / etc. are used in PVP. Kind of like how pointless it is to fight a Sword/Shield pure INT nuker with ironwall and snow shield because it makes them practically invincible. ESPECIALLY if they're hybrid.

I don't want to be that guy that can only PVP with snow shield and be annoying because I'm a pure INT with low HP. I know that sadly, pure INT's have to rely heavily on physical defense increase buffs but snow shield is such an overpowering buff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:55 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

amnaej8 wrote:
This sounds like a pretty solid build. I'm a noob when it comes to SRO. I've NEVER been into PVP'ing in any game I've played. I hate PVP but sadly, PVM in SRO is like watching paint dry.

With that being said, my friends told me to do a different build than this one. They said 60 fire, 80 ice, 80 light, 80 spear would be the best. Is there anything wrong with this build?

SO SO SO many people hate it when snow shield / snake storm / ironwall / etc. are used in PVP. Kind of like how pointless it is to fight a Sword/Shield pure INT nuker with ironwall and snow shield because it makes them practically invincible. ESPECIALLY if they're hybrid.

I don't want to be that guy that can only PVP with snow shield and be annoying because I'm a pure INT with low HP. I know that sadly, pure INT's have to rely heavily on physical defense increase buffs but snow shield is such an overpowering buff.

if your to hybrid you'll run out of MP with snow shield .. so best to be Pretty int based,
Snow shield is a skill thats like saying Bladers may not Use Knock down, and glaviers may not use Soul spear ^^ skills to stun..

everyone chooses their build im now making a new char farming it @bandits and its gonna be pure int s&s.

str's and hybrids can also use Snow shield, so that is not unfair and it isn't cuz your pure int your gonna die in every pvp without snow shield you got to have good gear.. tough and the chance of dieying is very big :-p but still i got lvl 77 str glavie and now im making pure int s&s so if they don't like my nuker then can come fight my glavier :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 pm 

amnaej8 wrote:

Not the build for you. I am not ashamed to say that even with my friend's Full sun protectors.. if I dont use Snow shield... I heavily depend on Stun to save my ass. And a double crit will possibly kill me even in Sun protectors.

80 Ice/Light/Heuksal is a good build. But imo not the best for 80 cap.

And just to add.. Snow shield is a skill that can be used by ANYONE. Just that not everyone has enough MP for it. And that is the point.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:03 am 
Casual Member

LockStar. wrote:
Not the build for you. I am not ashamed to say that even with my friend's Full sun protectors.. if I dont use Snow shield... I heavily depend on Stun to save my ass. And a double crit will possibly kill me even in Sun protectors.

80 Ice/Light/Heuksal is a good build. But imo not the best for 80 cap.

And just to add.. Snow shield is a skill that can be used by ANYONE. Just that not everyone has enough MP for it. And that is the point.

Alrighty. I just wanted your input since you seem to definitely know way more about pure int spear nukers than me. I shall continue to follow this build *thumbsup*.

And I know snow shield can be used by anyone. It's just such an overpowering buff for pure int's. And like I said earlier, it's especially overpowering for Sword/Shield pure int nukers since they can also cast ironwall on top of snow shield and be absolute tanks. But you're right.

Thanks again! Can't wait to finish this build. I only need about 130k more sp til I can close my gap from 51 skills to 80 :D.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:52 am 
Banned User

Nice guide, might have to start up a pure INT spear now.

Thanks to Fug_Dup for awesome signature!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:44 pm 
Banned User

Great Guide!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 pm 
Banned User

hey i am also leveling up a spear pure int chinese.. i just had one question..

since you guys are saying 80 heauksal 80 light 80 cold 60 fire.. while leveling to 80 i pick up lightning imbue or fire imbue? and while leveling do i keep fire up to 60 and then change to light imbue or something lol im very noob to chinese please help..

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Could someone tell me why I shouldn't use "Wolf Bite Spear"?

Thx in advance ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:35 pm 
Banned User

MaRtO9 wrote:
Could someone tell me why I shouldn't use "Wolf Bite Spear"?

Thx in advance ;)

Wolf Bite Spear does very low dmg compared to the other hueksal skills ;).

Nice guide. im making a pure int spear atm. i sent u a pm on what to do when i pvp, but u didn't reply :(.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 pm 

I just got my pure int spear to lvl 40. Instead of go for 80 gap, I went stright for 90 and picked only 30 fire. My question is, what skills should I pick from ice, only snow shield and ice guard series or maybe nuke?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:10 pm 

narril wrote:
I just got my pure int spear to lvl 40. Instead of go for 80 gap, I went stright for 90 and picked only 30 fire. My question is, what skills should I pick from ice, only snow shield and ice guard series or maybe nuke?

I will be starting the 90 Cap Skills update soon.

You only need Snow Shield,Ice Guard and the Passive. The Snow nukes are really useless imo.. even for leveling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

You say Sp needed for ice blabla (included mastery from 80 to 90) but wasnt ice on 70? (and lightning too btw) :)

Great guide tho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:08 am 

Is there a way to kill Pure Str chars without good gear in the 120 seconds while you have snow shield on?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:41 am 

Dancin wrote:
Is there a way to kill Pure Str chars without good gear in the 120 seconds while you have snow shield on?

What do you mean by good gear? Nowadays +5 Full blue set is something really common.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:46 am 

LockStar. wrote:
Dancin wrote:

What do you mean by good gear? Nowadays +5 Full blue set is something really common.

With good gear I mean gear which is not much better than the gear of the Pure Str opponent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:29 pm 

Dancin wrote:
LockStar. wrote:
Dancin wrote:

With good gear I mean gear which is not much better than the gear of the Pure Str opponent.

I have taken down Glaviers with 2-4 Pieces with just a +9 spear. Even took 1 with 5 pieces down once.. after afew tries.

But to give a better example, here is a video of me Pvping a +6 garment glavier while I was wearing just +5 protectors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkkPsB_b1BM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:18 pm 

Nice video LockStar

The Glavier becomes funny at 3:15

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:04 pm 

Very nice guide with that pic and every thing but 1:7 INT SPEAR HYBRID is much better with light 80(imbue)/fire 80/heuksal 80/ice 60.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:03 pm 

amazing guide im making this build but i forgot the ice :shock:

now i see its use.

thanks very much for this guide its really helped. ill use the 80cap build because i doubt ill ever hit 50+ i never grind.

Thanks MasterKojito for the sig <3

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:06 pm 
Casual Member

Hi Lockstar,

First off, it's a very nice guide you made. I followed it all the way to lvl 30. Now I have my nukes and all. I wonder what strategy in PvP I should use, I know you have a piece about that, but it isn't clear for me. Can you put it in a reply to me in this way:

Example,
First use fire nuke, then soul depart, then ghost spear, then light nuke (I'm going to use 2 nukes in Pvp), if no KO, go soul depart, ghost, fire nuke, etc.

Can you put a little piece like that for me?

Thanks!

~Joep

Please level my adoptable! ;D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 pm 
Ex-Staff

I'd like to try to help you as well.

From my experience, after grinding down the STR's HP with soul spears (after you get two books of soul spear), I was aiming to do plenty of damage at one time, in order to kill rapidly. I did that by playing nuke + mars. Soul spear + mars does decent damage but a pure INT spear nukes very hard. Of course, you can use a nuke as an opener, but then you need to use heuksal skills. Those are absolutely vital. Get to level 36, when you get you new soul spear book and see how you fare then. Having two soul spear definitely increases the chance of a stun. Also, keep in mind that nuking leaves you vulnerable for a period of time, whereas using soul spear gives the opportunity of a stun. Stun = potting time. :)

I don't know how things are at the cap, but I liked nuking, if not right after a stun, then one skill afterwards as in:

SSS (stun) -> SST -> Nuke -> Mars. The reaction time might not be enough to shoot the nuke while the enemy is still stunned.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:18 am 

Ty for joining in, Stress.

@joepthepower:

I will speak in terms of capped pvp. If you have ever seen 2 capped and farmed glaviers PvP, you could probably figure that the only way for 1 of them to win is to chain afew crits after eachoter. A pure INT spear at cap will do almost as much regular dmg (Non-crit) on a glavier as the crit of another glavier. But anyway, don't try to nuke unless your enemy is stunned.. always try to get a stun before casting a nuke. My way to do it is - Soul Spear (Soul + Emperor) until I get a stun > Fire Nuke (Flame wave wide) > Soul Spear Emperor > Mars .. there aren't many STR builds that can survive that..

At your level.. you should try to chain 2 nukes when you get a stun on and finish it up with a ghost spear.

I hope that helped, feel free to ask anything else.

Also, I am working on an major update on the guide. Stay tuned, if I get some time I will finish it up. Im also planning to keep links to the original guide as it is now.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:40 pm 
Casual Member

Thanks, this will help me a lot in PvP. Now let's see how the nuke --> stun --> nuke --> ghost will work out!

Please level my adoptable! ;D

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:51 pm 

What do the second and fourth books of the fanning series do?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:38 pm 
Ex-Staff

As far as I know, they give a chance to block a nuke, the chance increases with skill level. I don't think the skill is really worth leveling.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:42 pm 

Does it work against wizard? ^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next