Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Which is the best subclass for wizard?
Bard 34%  34%  [ 61 ]
Cleric 56%  56%  [ 101 ]
Warlock 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Warrior 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Rogue 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 180
 Post subject: Official Wizard Subclass Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:21 pm 
Banned User

[GUIDE] European Subclasses.
This guide has some ideas about subclasses for each primary class you can take with a european. You can take a look at it before posting, but do not post in here criticizing or refering to that guide. Its only for ideas or w/e. The discussion here is of informal kind.

This topic has the purpose of being part of an organized, coordinated discussion on different European Subclasses. There will be several more topics like this one, all about european classes. Please, only post after thinking. DO NOT POST INCONCLUSIVE REPLIES.

If you think you know what you are going to talk about, do the following:
Vote on the poll, and then post why you chose that specific subclass for that primary class. Also, do not refrain from stepping out from the frame. Provide new, original ideas of your own. Post why you think they would work, and a whole array of unique builds might come into light.

Try not asking many questions here, unless they are somewhat related to the discussion.

Flaming WILL NOT be necessary.
If you are sure that someone posted shit, report it, and let the mods take care of that.
But please, do argue with others, we do want a discussion, a debate, but try to refrain from flaming.

Last edited by raphaell666 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Official Wizard Subclass Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 pm 
Frequent Member

Cleric would be best for pvp and survivability, and bard would be better for pve and power lvling. Bard could prolly be better for jobbing cause of the speed increase and noise, and for in pvp if u like the hit and run tactic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:04 pm 
Banned User

Overall I would have to say Cleric will help you and your party a lot more than any of the other ones. The ability to Res, Heal, Bless and prevent Statuses is invaluable to any class.

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:47 pm 
Loyal Member

Cleric
Recovery Division
Int+ Str Buffs
Heals
Bless Spell
Offering

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:46 am 
Veteran Member

I think cleric and bard subs are equal, they focus on a different advantage each. I for one perfer the bard for speed and noise, which make it better in jobbing cause you can trade thru agro areas no problems you can hide in agro areas with invisibility very fast, how ever a sub rogue is unable to easily kill a giant their lvl or higher (though i have done it using hit and run combined with fear). Where as a sub cleric has the added survivability provided by the use of light armor and recovery division and bless, and healing cycle, make it more ideal for fighting giants and in close range pvp fights where no room to run, or saw in fort wars, or guild wars.

It depends on the player which one is better suited for them if the player likes hit and run and has fast reactions, and perfers stealthiness sub bard is the obvious choice. If the player does not like hit and run and perfers to be able to stand and fight, or a higher survivability and doesnt' value speed enough to let it help them live, then cleric is better suited for them.

some players can't handle relaying on speed to save them (either due to normal lag, or not able to understand the tactical side), and must relay on healing and higher defense. How ever wizzard/ cleric is a more powerful pvp build when it comes to being right in front of your target, but a sub bard although a better pve build minus the giants is still very formidable in pvp using hit and run are carefully planed strikes and has the jobbing advatange because of noise. But I would still have to say i consider them equal choices.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:46 pm 
Forum God

Well for me I'm a wizard and I kept debating if i should get cleric or bard for my sub class
I'm more so a solo grinder although if i find a good party I'll join it.
I love Cleric for the RD and ress but other then that alot of the bless skills you can't use on yourself so I decided to skip that.
I finally choose Bard mainly because of Noise and speed. And so far I'm a big fan of bard with wizard but really it all comes down to what is your playing style? for me bard was better because with a wizard it really sucks when you get ganged up on by several arrgo mobs *with life control your pretty much dead*....although if you like being in party's and healing/buffing the crap out of everyone then by all means go for it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:35 pm 
Banned User

I have a Wizard/Bard

I choose this becouse in pt's this build come in handy.
Since your a wizard your the damage dealer from the pt.
If your sub is cleric you mostly will be the cleric in a pt and that is not what I choosed for....damage dealer not a support class.
So I choose sub bard extra speed (for the whole party) and noise.

Second is whit a wizard at pvp it's simply hit and run.
Even with cleric class you will die against most of other builds if they attack you first, recovery division won't help when your getting 1 hitted and bless is only 45 sec.
So i prefer speed to run aways above being able to kill a giant (solo).

I'n my opinion a wizard/bard is better for a european party.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:03 am 
Valued Member

I say cleric, for bless cycling. But this only applies to party, and group pvp.

For parties..
If a wizard happens to die with bless (and of course you would always have warrior fence, and usually guard tambour) then, either cleric fails at healing, tanks fail at keeping some aggro, your too low level, or cleric has no mana. I rarely ever see a wizard die when I party at generals, usually happens due to someone screwing up bless.

For group pvp, makes urself die less easily, enough said.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:16 am 

I voted bard; they seem really awesome for soloing, and from what I have heard, clerics are more for group play. So I guess my vote was more for solo play... (I'm a nub lv 17) :love:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 pm 

I suggest getting either Cleric or Bard. Cleric mostly, since it has Heal, Ressurection, and Bless Spell. But that's just my choice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:54 pm 

Well... when I got bored of wizard I usually play cleric then ... its great ... (especially for lazy people) ... I buff some guys and I go pretty much afk , watching tv with one eye and I got my another eye on SRO ...

While PvPing I mostly use Cleric coz I get 1 hitted by anyone... (Usually supporting) ...
And honestly Wizard wouldnt be that fun without cleric subclass ... seriously go Sub Cleric :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i voted for cleric because it helps the party but now im regreting it. back when euro just came out there were tons of partys so back then it was the best choice over bard. now the servers are full of bots and theres never a party at where im grinding at :banghead: . bard is best for solo just because of noise. combine that with life turnover and you can grind mobs 5-8 lvl higher than me(with my +7 :D )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:02 am 

Bard is the best. Noise + Moving Match is very useful in avoiding mob 's attacks. In pvp it allow you to run away when combined with teleport. Another press side of this choice is the low requirement on sp.

Second best is cleric, although I personally do not like this idea. This build tries to tank enemy attack by Bless Spell, which has a very long skill recharge. I would prefer a pure int spear nuker with max Snow Shield over this.

Warlock is for all out attack, if you are into this kind of stuff. Stun + nuke=dead.

If you are not going full int then warrior is useful. Use Shield Trash to keep yourself alive in desperate times and follow up with a nuke. If you are full int using bard to run away is much more effective.

Rogue probably useless in all situations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:51 am 
Frequent Member

i am a solo and damage dealer and i hate healing so bard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:16 am 

There are 3 obvious choices

Bard, cleric or lock.

1) About lock.

Great for PvE and PvP but slightly overkill. PvE as a wiz for normal mobs/champs and switch to lock for giants.
PvP would be overkill. Why would you debuff something that you can 1 hit anyway.

2) About cleric

2nd choice for PvE. Bless and RD will help you while fighting of a giant, but you'll always have the chance of being swarmed by mobs. You'll move slow which will be a problem when mobs are spread out. Thus you'll need to find a good spot with enough mobs to prevent running, while making sure you won't be overwhelmed by them. Grinding with LC/LT can always be dangerous if you're not prepared but being swarmed.

2nd or 1st choice for PvP. If you don't understand the advantages of speed you'll need a cleric sub in PvP. But when you're not blessed, you'll need to pay attention to anything or you'll be kissing the floor.

3) About bard

1st choice for PvE. Noise and speed are 2 things a wizard loves while solo grinding. The ability to run in a mob infested spot, clean it out and move fast to the next spot is invaluable if you like to maintain a fast levelling speed. Giants can be an issue if you fail to fear them.

1st or last choice for PvP. If you know how to use mobility as an advantage you'll love bard. Hit and run tactics might be considered cheap and chicken'ish but I've got 2 replies for that. 1: A wiz isn't meant to tank, we deal damage nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who expects from a wiz that he remains a sitting duck on steroids should be hanged. 2: All is fair in love and war. A great saying that works here as well.

In the end I voted for bard, but both warlock as cleric are good subs as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:17 pm 

takolin wrote:
There are 3 obvious choices

Bard, cleric or lock.

1) About lock.

Great for PvE and PvP but slightly overkill. PvE as a wiz for normal mobs/champs and switch to lock for giants.
PvP would be overkill. Why would you debuff something that you can 1 hit anyway.

2) About cleric

2nd choice for PvE. Bless and RD will help you while fighting of a giant, but you'll always have the chance of being swarmed by mobs. You'll move slow which will be a problem when mobs are spread out. Thus you'll need to find a good spot with enough mobs to prevent running, while making sure you won't be overwhelmed by them. Grinding with LC/LT can always be dangerous if you're not prepared but being swarmed.

2nd or 1st choice for PvP. If you don't understand the advantages of speed you'll need a cleric sub in PvP. But when you're not blessed, you'll need to pay attention to anything or you'll be kissing the floor.

3) About bard

1st choice for PvE. Noise and speed are 2 things a wizard loves while solo grinding. The ability to run in a mob infested spot, clean it out and move fast to the next spot is invaluable if you like to maintain a fast levelling speed. Giants can be an issue if you fail to fear them.

1st or last choice for PvP. If you know how to use mobility as an advantage you'll love bard. Hit and run tactics might be considered cheap and chicken'ish but I've got 2 replies for that. 1: A wiz isn't meant to tank, we deal damage nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who expects from a wiz that he remains a sitting duck on steroids should be hanged. 2: All is fair in love and war. A great saying that works here as well.

In the end I voted for bard, but both warlock as cleric are good subs as well.

1. pointless in pvp imo, when you debuff and start with stun then sleep and all the others, you still wont have enough time to start casting your wizard skills and you will still die.

2. if you never pvp get this, awesome for partying. but in pvp you will be just a wizard safespot whore.

3. Best overall tbh, usefull for everything, in job they will need you, in fw they need you and you can do some fun pvp aswell if you play well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'm a Lv77 Wiz/Bard Full farmed and I like the build.
Sure Cleric can be handy at times and people think bard isn't for pvp, i think differently, its really easy to kill.
Simple thing is to have bind leveled up on your bard, simply just [bind your opponent from a distance] (nukers don't have the same range as a wiz, they can't nuke you)pull out staff] [Life turnover] [Nuke :twisted: ] i don't care if the person has bless spell on, they're done for.