Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold is better than Lightning for STR Chinese
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 am 
Banned User

-.- wrote:
back up what point? he didnt say use 42% snow shield :S

he didnt say it...but with 72 ice..i think you get 42% snow shield

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:45 am 
Loyal Member

you also get ice imbue and nuke too... you going to use them also?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:49 am 
Banned User

-.- wrote:
you also get ice imbue and nuke too... you going to use them also?

dont be a smartass...lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:22 am 
Banned User

subzero wrote:
MrFudge, u make a few dam good arguments..ill give that to ya..but using 72 ice would only be good for PHYS DEFENSE...snow shield that lvl is pointless man...think of like 42% snow shield when your pure str...your MP will disappear quicker than a cake in-front of a FAT KID. and when u lose all your MP..you cant phantom away or use ANY skill, making you a sitting duck. ALSO, when your MP runz out, you cant move + damage starts decreasing your HP..then ur rlly fcked.

i want to see a valid argument back to this please..since your good at backing your points up.

you simply dont use the last snow shield book and use the first book? Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 am 
Banned User

borat2 wrote:
With all that defense you will be indeed a cape fight hero, but would love to see a glaive with 100% speed potion trying to catch anyone with ghost walk, movement is important in this game too bad most PVP in Isro is done with the casual "sir you stand there, i stand here and we smash few keys until one dies." :banghead:

+1 I lol'd

if I can survive against sun 2hand +7 with +5 protector set (no 89/90/leg/chest or 89 neck)with snow shield for 90 sec and win @ the end then I don't need more phy. def. with the addition of vigors this would only get easier.

Only those that are afraid of 2hand euros will take ice over light period. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:18 am 

So what about

90 Weap
90 Ice
90 Light
30 Fire?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 am 
Banned User

TeamLosi wrote:
So what about

90 Weap
90 Ice
90 Light
30 Fire?

any str. build without fire is fail imo

lets see
loose the best imbue
loose 9% phy. dmg increase
loose huge amount of mag. def increase
need more blues for immunity
loose the phy.% increase passive

all of this just to get phy. def increase :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:34 am 

Good point on the immunity, forgot about that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:13 am 
Forum Legend

why 72 ice? stay 60 ice 60 light. the +80 phys def is good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 am 
Common Member

yea, 90 wep 90 fire 72 light/cold 48 light/cold is a build that is pretty likewise the 90 90 90 30 builds, but wont require that much sp. Not many know this build although..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:35 am 
Valued Member

Ragnorak wrote:
borat2 wrote:
With all that defense you will be indeed a cape fight hero, but would love to see a glaive with 100% speed potion trying to catch anyone with ghost walk, movement is important in this game too bad most PVP in Isro is done with the casual "sir you stand there, i stand here and we smash few keys until one dies." :banghead:

+1 I lol'd

if I can survive against sun 2hand +7 with +5 protector set (no 89/90/leg/chest or 89 neck)with snow shield for 90 sec and win @ the end then I don't need more phy. def. with the addition of vigors this would only get easier.

wait wait? Do u understand what u just said? sun +7 2h????? he woudln't even need crit to kill u and if he got like c10 +9 from passive 1crit from DD woudl hit like 20k+, u can't tank sun +7 2h sword even if u r full sun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:30 am 
Banned User

omg SHHHHHH stop giving str tips how to build there characters properly, let them suck :P

btw s/s int (light/sword/cold) not fire and str bow owns this cap. Bladers not bad to.

Glaivers ..rubbish this cap.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:36 pm 
Loyal Member

Made alot of valid points. 90 Ice makes you a close combat PVP bomb of course, but not being able to catch up too well would make it a bad experience if you have alot of enemies who prefer running over fighting.
So yeah, 72 - 48 does indeed make more sense.

In my opinion Lightning pretty much blows for any build at this cap, even Nukers... because the magical attack increase is also only 1% higher than at Lightning 80 ~.~

But the discussion of possibly keeping Fire or experimenting is covered in another thread so I will leave it at that.

Since the 80 cap got the skills update, there's alot of skill re-adjusting needed anyways for most build to find the perfect balance between strength and defence. Makes JM happy though because alot of people bought the Item Mall "curst hearts" to get 100% of their SP back ^^

Crumpets wrote:
If you had sexual intercourse with an 0x33 member who has 'paid' clockwork .. would that be an offense?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:11 pm 

Are you like my brother or something because my build is 90hek 90 fire 70 ice 50 light just for that same exact reason :) good to see someone agrees

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:29 pm 
Banned User

frankaslt1 wrote:
Ragnorak wrote:
borat2 wrote:

+1 I lol'd

wait wait? Do u understand what u just said? sun +7 2h????? he woudln't even need crit to kill u and if he got like c10 +9 from passive 1crit from DD woudl hit like 20k+, u can't tank sun +7 2h sword even if u r full sun.

LOL, too many of u think 2hand are overpower, they are strong but not undefeated.
I already stated the gear I have, and about the crits..i use vigors when that happens.
This is the 2hand sun sword. doesn't mean i'll win all the times but u can survive with prot+snow shield.

Only pvp 2x when it was +5...lost once and won once...then again when it was +7 ..pvp only ONCE and I manage to win. I believe the stats on this picture are better when I pvp. but not sure.
the way I pvp. vs 2hands is different from others and VERY effective..switch to my 85+5 shield when maddening/dare devil/kd is used..since the atk is very slow...I even block dare devil many times.

Attachments:
sun 2hand.jpg
sun 2hand.jpg [ 187.34 KiB | Viewed 6899 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm 
Addicted Member

borat2 wrote:

+1.
when i use a phantom in pvp everyone always whines.
COWARD, YOU RUN, NOOB.
the thing is im a bower, its only use of range >.< if i can hit them while they cant hit me, why should i not ?
long phantom ftw, i like it as long as my range is :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:31 pm 

LillDev!l wrote:
borat2 wrote:

+1.
COWARD, YOU RUN, NOOB.
the thing is im a bower, its only use of range >.< if i can hit them while they cant hit me, why should i not ?

+2

I'd take light over ice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:52 pm 
Common Member

I think I said something like this once. Not half as well argued or put together and I'm a bow. :oops: If you want to see me make a fool of myself heres the link. viewtopic.php?t=70045 *hides*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:58 pm 
Banned User

LillDev!l wrote:
borat2 wrote:

+1.
COWARD, YOU RUN, NOOB.

that has got to be most boring pvp ever, run away attack run away...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 pm 

Pham wrote:
LillDev!l wrote:
borat2 wrote:

+1.
COWARD, YOU RUN, NOOB.

that has got to be most boring pvp ever, run away attack run away...

Boring? This is funny pvp atm in isro? Stand together and hit? If you watch ksro pvp you'll see players use the tactics of all skills. If run away, attack, run away works. why dont use it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm 
Banned User

[SW]UnDutchabIe wrote:
Boring? This is funny pvp atm in isro? Stand together and hit? If you watch ksro pvp you'll see players use the tactics of all skills. If run away, attack, run away works. why dont use it?

lvl 90 full farm bowers in my server never do this, they either win or they die. I have never seen alvl 90 bower in my server do this, and if they get kill, they will get kill but they wont run.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:22 pm 
Banned User

Pham wrote:
[SW]UnDutchabIe wrote:

lvl 90 full farm bowers in my server never do this, they either win or they die. I have never seen alvl 90 bower in my server do this, and if they get kill, they will get kill but they wont run.

most players on pvp don't run/phantom.
job war is another story almost every Chinese runs/phantom a LOT.
since is not 1vs1 phamton helps a lot into luring someone to follow u and have the chance to 1vs1 even if its for a couple of sec....if u are slow on job wars/dont' run/phantom u will get ganged raped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm 
Loyal Member

TOloseGT wrote:

if you do that mise well go 68 ice 52 light, new might gaurd (powergaurd idk w/e the last book is) ice + grass walk speed.

@TS

i would take parry over ice any day, not because its better. but because i still after 2years am not exactlly clear on what parry does. ive heard many different ideas on what it does from lowering enmy chance to crit, to lowering the min damage they do to you, also ive heard that it will make it so they hit the min more then their max. all different and all good. so i will go with a peter griffin on this one. in that episode where he really wants a boat, and he wins this contest. he can chose a boat or mystery box. and i quote "but lois, a boat is a boat. a mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat!." (idk the quote exactly but it goes something like that) lol anyways light>ice all the way imo. tho not exaclty educated and wise choice but still i stand at light instead of ice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm 
Veteran Member

warriors suck if they only use 1 wep at a time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:07 pm 
Valued Member

Quote:
LOL, too many of u think 2hand are overpower, they are strong but not undefeated.
I already stated the gear I have, and about the crits..i use vigors when that happens.
This is the 2hand sun sword. doesn't mean i'll win all the times but u can survive with prot+snow shield.

Only pvp 2x when it was +5...lost once and won once...then again when it was +7 ..pvp only ONCE and I manage to win. I believe the stats on this picture are better when I pvp. but not sure.
the way I pvp. vs 2hands is different from others and VERY effective..switch to my 85+5 shield when maddening/dare devil/kd is used..since the atk is very slow...I even block dare devil many times.

owell iam warrior/warloc, +5 2h with c12, i can kill any china build wihtout problem and pills won't help. Also it depends on warrios if he can only spam 3 buttons or if he is pro.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:48 pm 
Banned User

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
TOloseGT wrote:

@TS

i would take parry over ice any day, not because its better. but because i still after 2years am not exactlly clear on what parry does. ive heard many different ideas on what it does from lowering enmy chance to crit, to lowering the min damage they do to you, also ive heard that it will make it so they hit the min more then their max. all different and all good. so i will go with a peter griffin on this one. in that episode where he really wants a boat, and he wins this contest. he can chose a boat or mystery box. and i quote "but lois, a boat is a boat. a mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat!." (idk the quote exactly but it goes something like that) lol anyways light>ice all the way imo. tho not exaclty educated and wise choice but still i stand at light instead of ice.

Parry makes other hit you more to their minimum damage than their maximum.
Yes, parry is important - BUT from level 48 --> 90 parry does NOT increase by a substantial amount as MrFudgey explained.
Ice > Light for STR builds.
Light at higher levels is sooo disappointing. At the lower levels you see great increases in everything.. 48 --> 60 light is 3% more magical damage, for example.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 pm 

Would this possibly work out with a 85% hybrid int spear as well?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:24 am 
Loyal Member

um... ints need mag buff though :S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 am 
Banned User

Ice > Light for STR.
But I can't live without the Grass Walk QQ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:45 am 

nice one fudge. i'd agree with all your points. and that's perhaps best deal at 90caps. but once you hit 100 or more ... things get messy to adjust.

and imo, i'd say for pure str characters, whether to max phantom or not depends a lot on their play style. and archers should play with maxed phantom in most cases, theoretically and ideally. perhaps too many pvps are decided on standing ground and spamming skills.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next