Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Pure Int Bow
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:51 am 

Reason for Making the Guide.

Basically, a majority of people say that bow and pure int don't match, its like putting water together with cooking oil. So I am putting together a guide for all those rebels who want to go long range all the way, be able to knockback, crit and stun as well with only arrows including nukes! Its okay if i get a few comments about this guide being an epic fail but it doesn't matter, sooner or later someone will find this guide useful to them or others. :]

Key Concepts.

Str- Strength
Int- Intelligence
Mob- Monster
Buff- Skills that help the user or target
AOE- Area of Attack
PvP- Player Vs. Player
PvE- Player Vs. Enemy
Buff- Temporary skill that increases damage or defense.

Sections:

1. Advantages of Bow
2. Required/Optional Skills
3. Exterior
4. PvP and PvE + Extras

Section 1: Advantages of Bow

What can a bower do?

What a bower has is its bow and arrows. The bow symbolizing the long and far attacks and the arrow for the bow to shoot. A long time ago, stories were told of how the wider you string a bow, the stronger the arrow will hit. Just like in silkroad, the longer you train, the stonger your skills will hit. So the basics of a bower is that you can stand from afar and shoot your arrows and also attack up close, strong criticals, knockback skills, and stun which immobilizes another monster or character.

Pure Int?

I have made many comparisons in this game and got pretty good results. Out of the people i asked in game, 10/10 voted pure str bow over pure int. So i made a str character farming at bandit archers 2 hitting them until i found/bought equips with int on them, then could i 1 hit archers. So Int is a great asset to archers, the more int they have, the more damage their skills do.
Also a great thing that if archers are pure int, is that when they invest into a force tree like fire/cold/light then they can also get the nukes, which do tons of damage.

Section 2: Required/Optional Skills

This build is going to basically be the same as a pure int s/s or a pure int spear but this time, we max out more of the weapon skills.

Pacheon

+Anti Devil Bow -- Optional
Rating: B+

This skill can be maxed or invested into but isn't needed. I would recommend it at lower levels because it helps you get to level 30 quicker for nukes, but then delevel. I wouldn't mind getting this at higher levels, for example if you were nuking a spear/glavie user and they would use their fan spear then you would use this to get in some major damage.

+Arrow Combo Attack -- Required
Rating: A

This skill is a GREAT asset at higher levels to you. At level 73, arrow combo gets knock-back ability which is useful in PvP and PvE. Like Glavie users, you are able to knock-back an opponent. This skill is mostly used to either finish off a mob or another player. In PvP, this skill is used to either cancel out another attack or to knockback an opponent to keep distance between the two players.
If comparing 1 hit-
Glavie:Bow = 1:1, Glavie knocks-back an opponent further than bow in one hit and has a greater chance of knock-back. Bow can still knock-back an opponent but every time the combo hits, the opponent gets hit back. So if all arrows of the arrow combo (5) were to knock-back an opponent and add up, then the distance of knock-back will be further than a glavie. But since we are comparing just 1 hit, than glavie knocks-back further.

+Hawk Training Series -- SemiRequired

In this series, i wouldn't recommend getting the black hawk or the lightning one. To a nuker, they need high attack rating so they can do damage the highest they can. So get the white and blue hawk, even though the lightning looks way cooler.[Attack Rating will be explained in Section 4] But if you want to get the black or lightning hawk, go ahead, its like an extra wolf/bear/penguin/crow, they help you attack but these skill birds don't die.

+Autumn Wind Arrow -- Optional
Rating: C+

This skill is basically like the 2nd book of the fire nuke, it shoots an arrow in a straight line and whoever is in range of the arrow gets hurt. But don't get me wrong, its damage doesn't compare to the nuke. I would not get this move but if you want to be a perfectionist and don't want to leave any skills behind, go ahead.

+Break Heaven Arrow -- Required

This skill should be maxed, if you are already going Pure Int Bow, why not increase the range of your arrows. For example, if someone were to run from you and you were to try to nuke him but isn't in distance, switch to using your bow skills and the range will help you use for instance a strong bow that will stun him and allow you time to get close.

+Explosion Arrow -- Optional

The percentage of this skill in its 3rd book makes it one of the most strongest skills for Chinese race other than nukes. If your pure Int, it will do almost about the same damage as a nuke. It is an AOE skill which attacks monsters around your target as well. I usually use it to finish the monster because of the cool effects.

+Strong Bow -- Required

This is one of the core skills in pacheon for a pure int bow build. At level 76, this skill is able to stun which is very efficient. It is a very strong skill and immobilize an opponent. It is great in PvP to cancel out attacks and to stop people from running and in PvE to help people level. It also does close to the damage of a nuke for pure int bow builds as well.

+Mind Bow -- Optional
Rating: B

This skill is a good skill to use when grinding [trying to level], this attracts alot of mobs but maybe you shouldn't use it too much since your pure int and you will die if you get like more than 4 mobs on you. It is great to use in powerlevel if you ever think you need some extra cash.

+Mind Concentration -- Required
Rating: A+

This is a passive skill, when you level it up its automatic, you don't have to rebuff to get it back up and it increases attack rating which is a beneficial factor to your damage since it increases attack rating.

Lightning

Thunder Force-- Required

This is basically the butter to the bread, peanut butter and jelly, chocolate and marshmallows, etc. You need this skill to allow you to do the most damage you are capable of doing. It is sort of like a temporary buff that you can use over and over, once it runs out, tap the button you assigned it to and it starts again. This is also known as an imbue and the thunder force imbue can splash damage to another monster.

Piercing Force-- Required

This buff increases your damage dramatically, when maxed up to this cap, it can give you a total of 18% magical damage increase, which doesn't seem much but it really is a big contribution. If you have good equipment with good blues, you might be able to 1 hit the monsters your level with this buff.

Wind Walk-- Required

This is a speed buff, allowing you almost double the speed when maxed. There is also a phantom ghost walk which makes you dash where you click. If you don't click anywhere though, they run in any random direction. This skill is great, it allows you to grind faster and escape with ease.

Lion Shout-- Optional

If i should say so myself, this skill is a great skill to use to finish off a monster. But you shouldn't use it due to the fact that you have arrow combo which is a pretty quick attack and does more damage. Lion shout should only be maxed if you are using sword/shield or spear. Also, lion shout is a small AOE skill which does damage to the mobs or players around the target.

Concentration-- Required

This skill is almost the same as attack rating except it increases parry ratio. It just basically keeps the damage minimal to you. [Parry Ratio will be explained in Section 4]

Thunderbolt Force-- Required

This is an overall great skill. It is a nuke which is probably one of your first magical attacks. (Lion shout could be your first but if your planning on keeping it optional, then this is your first magical attack). It is great to use in PvP and PvE due to the fact that it deals great damage and it transfers as well.

Heaven's Force-- Required

Just like the passive before it, this one is a permanent upgrade as well. You don't have to buff at all in order for this to go into effect.

Cold

Cold Force-- Optional

This skill is just like thunder force except this is a little bit weaker, can freeze and frostbite people, and can't hit multiple monsters.

Frost Guard-- Required

Frost Guard series is plays an important role in this build, when the whole series is maxed up to this cap, you can have a total of 158 extra defense. Which is a whole lot compared to not having this skill at all. Every int character should have this skill to survive alot longer than they do.

Cold Wave Attack-- Optional
Rating: D+

This skill basically just looks cool and frostbites your opponent which slows them down but that is it. They can use a pill and that effect is gone so you can invest into it but do not waste your points.

Frost Wall-- Optional
Rating: C+

Frost wall isn't really that important, you use the skill and you become immobile but you can still attack. It isn't very good because you can put it off and when you are right about to kill someone, they ghost phantom off and you can't move unless you cancel the attack because your stuck in this little wall. Optional :]

Frost Nova-- Optional
Rating: B

I like this skill, it has great animation and i like how people use them on lower levels like me. But hey if you want the cool animation and to use it for fun, be my guest.

Snow Storm-- Required

The effects of this series and the animation is to die for, well not really. This nuke has great AOE damage and hits alot of monsters. Its damage isn't as much as the lightning nuke but it is decent.

Snow Shield-- REQUIRED

This is the knife to spread the butter on your sandwich. You need this to survive against a majority of the other builds out there. A portion of the damage you take will reduce your mp so the whole amount that a mob or person does to you doesn't go straight ot your hp. Great skill, a MUST.

Cold Armor-- Required

This is a pretty cool passive, it increases physical defense and again, its permanent, no need to buff.

Fire

Fire is not needed for this build. It is possible to switch cold with fire and fire with light but then you would be putting yourself more vulnerable. So we are skipping fire.

Section 3: Exterior

Armor:

Armor is the number 1 best equipment to use at lower levels. For this build, it is only justified towards physical defense which doesn't cover the magical defense. It is great to use while leveling up but don't use it at higher levels.

Level range: 1-47

Protector:

Protector is a pretty good piece of work that joymax made. It isn't more to physical or magical defense, it is sort of in between. This is a great armor to use at low levels and high levels. Not only that, it gives a 10% moving speed AND saves mp due to how it helps restore mp after a skill is used.

Level Range: 1-90

Garment

Garment is the most famous equipment out of the three worn. It gives 20% extra moving speed and helps save MP more. Even though it is more justified towards the magical defense, alot of people use it at higher levels due to the fact that it not only looks cool but helps them out with speed and money.

Bow

Your main weapon. The bow is bonnie and you are clyde. You work together as one. It would be good for you if you aim for a weapon that is +3 or sox (sos/som/sosun) around your level or at least +5. Look for some that have high crits and good magic attack percentage. You really need to focus on getting a good bow so you can kill monsters with it and show it off.

Section 4: PvP and PvE + Extras

PvP

This is a high level PvP tip.
The main thing to think about when your facing off with another player is how you will defeat them. You really have to pay attention and look at what they do. When you start off a PvP, start off with a lightning nuke and then use strong bow. Keep pounding away with lightning nuke and strongbow until you start to notice your hp going down, that is when you execute your arrow combo and hopefully it knocks them back, if it doesn't, ghost phantom out of there. Keep pounding away at lightning nukes, strong bows, and other skills you have and use your ghost phantom and arrow combo to save their life.

This is low level PvP tip.

Start off with a bow attack, strong arrow or explosion arrow. Throw them off guard, if this is your first pvp against them, they will not know you are a pure int. After that start pounding them with nukes and then use your bow skills. Hopefully it works out, Bowers overall don't get to shine until their 70s but what the heck, make your time getting there worth it.

PvE

When you fight a monster, you should start off with a nuke, strong bow, or demon arrow/anti devil and then use arrow combo on them. Giants and party monsters, you should just fight them, spam your buttons kill them off.

Extras

- Attack Rating buffs and blues [increase stats on items] mean that it will help you do the highest damage you can do. That doesn't mean doing 99,999 damage, for example, if you notice your damage with your nukes or arrow skills (single out 1) go from 700 to 1200, the attack rating will help your minimum damage stay above 850 or even 950 if you have alot of attack rating blues.
- Parry Ratio is almost the same as attack rating, but this time, it helps keep damage done to you at a minimal.
- Even though I told you that the skills mentioned are optional, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't get it. Fill up your toolbar, level some of them up so you don't get bored.
- Remember to use SNOW SHIELD, it will help keep your defense up and help you survive!

Pure Int Bow Lv 72 Strong Bow

Pure Int Bow Lv 72 Light Nuke

Thanks alot for reading my guide and hopefully it is helpful to you or you think it could be helpful to other.

REMEMBER, i am not saying bow is meant for PURE INT, this guide is just to help people who would like to create a character with this build.

Last edited by Asteroid on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Pure Int Bow
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:44 am 
Common Member

i personally think that having a pure int bow in completely idiotic... but with the ideas in that guide it might work out well..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:39 am 
Loyal Member

u should go with hueskal or bicheon if ur gonna do a chineese int. a bow's "deffense" is that they hit from farther away, and int bows won't last more than a few hits without the extra deffense of a shield or higher hp from hueskal. arrow combo + stun from strongbow only works at extreme high lvls of 76+ as already stated, and the chances of stun r slim so keeping ur opponnent at a distance will b extrmeley hard.
ive built a couple bows, both hybrid, one made it to 68 and the 2nd made it to 82, but a pure int bow in my expert opinion is just plain set up for fail.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:42 am 
Veteran Member

well only in ecsro would i have seen this build... but dam... they get raped by everything. Even a bit of knockback and stun wouldnt be able to help to much.... and no good crits? Teh phailZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:27 am 

mike2007 wrote:
u should go with hueskal or bicheon if ur gonna do a chineese int. a bow's "deffense" is that they hit from farther away, and int bows won't last more than a few hits without the extra deffense of a shield or higher hp from hueskal. arrow combo + stun from strongbow only works at extreme high lvls of 76+ as already stated, and the chances of stun r slim so keeping ur opponnent at a distance will b extrmeley hard.
ive built a couple bows, both hybrid, one made it to 68 and the 2nd made it to 82, but a pure int bow in my expert opinion is just plain set up for fail.

you havent tried a pure int bow just hybrid so your expert opinion is only for hybrids. so referring to what you said, a pure int should die faster but they also got snow shield now which you didnt mention above.

magisuns wrote:
well only in ecsro would i have seen this build... but dam... they get raped by everything. Even a bit of knockback and stun wouldnt be able to help to much.... and no good crits? Teh phailZ

would you have seen it? so your saying only in there would you see it meaning you havent yet?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:57 pm 
Loyal Member

i had snow, and used it. bow is a STR char hands down; they have skills that increase critical.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:14 pm 

mike2007 wrote:
i had snow, and used it. bow is a STR char hands down; they have skills that increase critical.

crits benefit both pure int and pure str characters including hybrids as well.

Spartax0609 wrote:
i personally think that having a pure int bow in completely idiotic... but with the ideas in that guide it might work out well..

and i hope it does work out for the people who want to be one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:20 pm 
Banned User

so can pure int bow 1 hit mobs 2 lvls under them?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:07 pm 
Loyal Member

they can do better than that, the bow skills are as good as nukes but longer so you can use 2 skills before mobs can get to you so you can fight mobs higher than you

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:34 pm 

Verfo wrote:
so can pure int bow 1 hit mobs 2 lvls under them?

they should be able to with a nuke. maybe 1 or 2 bow skills

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:46 pm 
Common Member

i've played with a 52 pure int bower.. Sucked hard. Died alot, rare crits.. I haven't pvp'd with it/ against it but i guess it sux horse balls.

Quitted that piece of shiet game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:01 pm 

Floor wrote:
i've played with a 52 pure int bower.. Sucked hard. Died alot, rare crits.. I haven't pvp'd with it/ against it but i guess it sux horse balls.

yeah its difficult at mid levels but they shine at low and high levels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:02 pm 
Frequent Member

pretty good guide

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm 
Banned User

wat about crits?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:37 pm 

Verfo wrote:
wat about crits?

what do you mean?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:29 am 

+1 on the Guide im a Fan of pure int bows im currently a lvl 66 pure int with messed up skils planning to go into bow mastery but im thinking to be a bit more different. instead of Light im going

Cold Force Bow for the debuffs and Additional MP, Harmony Therapy to grind in to reduce aggro.

and for the question on crts you get them but they are much not to be happy about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:18 am 
Veteran Member

Asteroid wrote:
mike2007 wrote:

you havent tried a pure int bow just hybrid so your expert opinion is only for hybrids. so referring to what you said, a pure int should die faster but they also got snow shield now which you didnt mention above.

magisuns wrote:

would you have seen it? so your saying only in there would you see it meaning you havent yet?

you talk as if a little kb and stun can save them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:12 am 

magisuns wrote:
you talk as if a little kb and stun can save them

give it a chance and see.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 am 

So many people are negative towards the positivities of this build, KB and Stuns can make you win if im not mistaken that all what spear user use when they pvp, Soul Spear and Ghost Spear.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:18 am 
Valued Member

at cap 70, spear already have stun and kb and bow have nothing to save them. Spear would be the same level with bow if spear skill doesnt have stun and kb.

but time change and bow already have this skill too. Bow still suck like cap 70?

i still dont see any pure int bow own. but ill be open minded for future skill^^

PS: now people starting to see force tree as beneficial. i believe once sleep and stun skill appear under force tree everybody will praise and encourage to have force. Yeah...time change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:55 pm 

muyo wrote:
at cap 70, spear already have stun and kb and bow have nothing to save them. Spear would be the same level with bow if spear skill doesnt have stun and kb.

but time change and bow already have this skill too. Bow still suck like cap 70?

i still dont see any pure int bow own. but ill be open minded for future skill^^

PS: now people starting to see force tree as beneficial. i believe once sleep and stun skill appear under force tree everybody will praise and encourage to have force. Yeah...time change.

thank you. times have changed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:32 pm 

Hmm, you wrote the guide good, and its a good guide, not so sure about the build tho.

Bows rely on their crits for damage, the more INT you have put into your stats lowers your crit damage, but ups the normal damage. Stun has a low chance to work, KB will save you for sure, but spear has both of these, so why not just use that? you get an HP increase passive, stun and KB, with bow you wont have that extra HP which you will need...

The build is doomed to fail. Without shield, you have the same defense as a spear nuker but without the extra HP. The dmg from a bow isnt enough to deal the damage that you can with a spear or sword. And, while using bow skills you can't rely on stun and kb to save your ass because you have such abysmal HP and phys. Defense.

In short, bows are STR characters because they rely on their crits. If you are an INT bow your crits will suck and you wont be hitting as high as other INT's, and wont survive well either.

Level: 5x pure INT spear
Guild: DarkAvengers
Union: A-Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:10 pm 
Veteran Member

please tell that person in ur pic to make a pvp vid and show it.
the more I think about it, the more it intrigues me

Last edited by magisuns on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:33 pm 
Addicted Member

seems like this build would rape anyone in heavy armor
[maybe warriors?]
very interesting
a high lv. pure int bow whos smart pvp battle will be nice to see

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:18 am 

Well Pure Int Bow is sex Imo ...
I seen him powerleveling at Penons ... it was more hybrid ... but like 8:1 int hybrid.
I enjoyed watching him ... he was lv.90 and was hitting 30k with strongbow / nuke.

He was 90Pacheon / 90 Ice / 90 Light , and he was using Ice imbue ...
and for sure , If I'll make new character , that will be 100% 8:1 int hybrid Bow...

Its just awesome ... PvE wise ... he said he sux for PvP ... (unfarmed yet tho).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:31 am 

Nitro wrote:
I seen him powerleveling at Penons ... it was more hybrid ... but like 8:1 int hybrid.
I enjoyed watching him ... he was lv.90 and was hitting 30k with strongbow / nuke.

and for sure , If I'll make new character , that will be 100% 8:1 int hybrid Bow...

Its just awesome ... PvE wise ... he said he sux for PvP ... (unfarmed yet tho).

seen who plvling?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:58 am 
Loyal Member

Asteroid wrote:
mike2007 wrote:

they do not bennefit INTs. have u ever seen a nuke crit? no. and u know y? they dont. and the higher dmg from ur imbue wont b enough to kill any1. int bow is a boat-load of fail just like ur guide for it.
Nitro wrote:

yea i knew a guy that had a pure int bow a while back too. pve = awesome, but pvp = suicide.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:07 pm 

mike2007 wrote:
Asteroid wrote:
mike2007 wrote:

they do not bennefit INTs. have u ever seen a nuke crit? no. and u know y? they dont. and the higher dmg from ur imbue wont b enough to kill any1. int bow is a boat-load of fail just like ur guide for it.

do you not understand what we were discussing? we were discussing how the skills like bicheon, heuksal, and pacheon both benefit pure int and pure str when they crit. and you coming along and getting all buthurt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:31 pm 
Veteran Member

Asteroid wrote:
we were discussing how the skills like bicheon, heuksal, and pacheon both benefit pure int when they crit

Of course they benefit.... an extra 100 dmg.... OMGOMGOMG DAZ TEH BENEFITES!!!!
.... i'm sry to tell you but no, it barely helps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 pm 
Loyal Member

Asteroid wrote:
mike2007 wrote:
Asteroid wrote:

do you not understand what we were discussing? we were discussing how the skills like bicheon, heuksal, and pacheon both benefit pure int and pure str when they crit. and you coming along and getting all buthurt

gz, ur officially retarded.