Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tablet Alchemy Guide
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:15 am 

Tablet Alchemy Guide

1. Obtaining Tablets
There are one of two ways to obtain tablets: monster drops or buying them

2. Analyzing the Tablets

Note: For the examples in this section I have omitted the possibility of failures for brevity. The failure rate of the tablet from personal experience as well as from the experience of others seems to be higher than elixir alchemy.

Tablets come in many flavors
Ruby, Jade, or Sapphire
LvL 1-8
Specific to Purpose (i.e. philosphy, life, challenge)

Ruby, Jade, or Sapphire
Ruby Tablets reroll the attribute you wish to change. In plain English this means that whatever you want to change can be changed to any number.
i.e. Crit 5-> Crit 1-17 (I'm not altogether sure the highest crit you can get
although from observations the lower crits are definitely more likely)

Jade Tablets initially add the attribute, which results in a random amount. Then, if you aren't satisfied with the result you can use another tablet but this time the attribute will be rerolled. Using a jade tablet results in blues.
i.e. First time using a jade tablet of int result in +2Int.
We're not satisfied so try again.
Second time using jade tablet results in +2Int->+1-5Int

Sapphire Tablets manufacture Drug of Breeze, Wind, Gale, and Typhoon. These increase your speed by a fixed amount (XX%) for a fixed amount of time (1 hr, I think it the standard time for the increase)

LvL of Tablet
The level of the tablet corresponds with the degree of the item you wish to enhance.
i.e. LVL 1 Tablet for 1st degree so LVLs 1-8

Type of Tablet
The different names (after the jade and ruby part) separate tablets into the things they enhance.
For a list of tablets and what they enhance visit: http://sro.mmosite.com/alchemy/tablets.shtml
The site also lists the elements needed for each tablet to make it a stone, but that's getting ahead of where this guide is right now.

3. Elements
Elements are obtained in one of three ways: disjointing monster byproducts, destroying equipment, or buying them from other people. There are different types and lvls of elements of course.

Types of Elements
Earth Image
WaterImage
Fire Image
WindImage

LvL of Elements
As with tablets, element lvls correspond to the degrees of equipment, but only in the sense that a lvl 2 monster, which corresponds to degree 1, will only drop byproducts which can be broken into lvl 1 elements only. A lvl 8 monster, which corresponds to degree 2, will drop byproducts which can be broken down into lvl 1 and lvl 2 elements. Degree 3 = LvL 1+2+3 elements so on and so forth.

Disjointing Monster Byproducts
Monsters drop some pretty weird stuff now such as hair, stones, and charms. These can be broken down into elements.
For a list of the elements (type, lvl, and amount) byproducts will break down into: http://sro.mmosite.com/alchemy/material.shtml Another place to visit with an interactive monster map and byproducts is: http://lododesign.com/map.html

AT THE MOMENT neither of these sites have a complete list for the byproducts in Takla Makan.

Steps to Disjointing
1. Buy Void Rondo from the grocer in any city.
Note: You will need at least one Void Rondo per breakdown so you buy a few to save yourself some trouble. Ctrl+Click will buy a stack of 5000. At a cost of 20 gold per Void Rondo that's 100k gold for a stack so you may not want to buy an entire stack. I recommend buying 500 or 10k gold's worth to start.
2. Go to Alchemy under the Actions tab
Note: The Alchemy defaults to the Materials Processing page, but in case you click the other tab by accident, make sure that's the page you're on.
3. Place Void Rondo in the single box on the left
4. Place Monster Byproducts in the other boxes.
Note: The game won't let you place in the Monster Byproducts unless you place the Void Rondo in first.
5. Press Fuse All
Note: If you have a lot of byproducts this could take some time so go do something else. In addition, you must have enough space in you inventory for all the elements (at least 4 empty spaces for a byproduct); if you have a lot of different types of byproducts, you're going to need a lot of space if you want to get them all processed in one go.
6. Congratulations you now have elements. You will probably want to store them as you need quite a bit in order to actually do any alchemy.

Destroying Equipment
You can also destroy stuff you wear or weapons you use into elements. There is no way to tell what you will get prior to destroying an equipment item. It's luck. The only thing which is constant is this: You will only get elements, tablets, and stones up to the degree of the equipment item you are destroying.

Steps to Destroying
1. Buy Destroyer Rondo from the grocer in any city
Note: Destroyer Rondos are a bit more expensive than Void Rondos 400 gold apiece and equipment destruction for the most part uses more than 1 Destroyer Rondo. I personally do not use this very often so play around to see how many you want to buy at a time; however, I DON'T recommend Ctrl+Click.
2. Go to Alchemy under the Actions tab
Note: The Alchemy defaults to the Materials Processing page, but in case you click the other tab by accident, make sure that's the page you're on.
3. Place Destroyer Rondo in the single box on the left
4. Place equipment to be destroyed in the other boxes.
Note: The game won't let you place in the equipment unless you place the Destroyer Rondo in first.
5. Press Fuse All
Note: Make sure you have at least 4 inventory slots open.
5. Congratulations you now have elements. In addition, you may have obtained tablets and/or stones from the destruction of your equipment.

Buying Elements
Make sure to specify the type and level of the element you need when shouting for elements. "WTB ELEMENTS" is rather inspecific and causes extra time on you and the seller's part with additional questions or even having a seller who doesn't have your element type/lvl pm-ing you. Elements can be quite expensive so it's preferable to make your own or have nice friends.
Alternatively you can trade an element type you have with someone else who has the element type you need. You save gold this way. I personally haven't tried this as the ones I usually need are the ones which everyone else needs.

4. Stones
Now you have all the necessary ingredients to make stones. The stones are what you actually need to enhance equipment. Stone can be made, found, or bought.

Making Stones
Having a tablet isn't enough. Having elements isn't enough. We have to put them together.

Steps to Making Stones
1. Check your tablet to make sure it's the right one for your enhancement purposes. Critical Parry Ratio IS NOT Blocking Ratio (*coughs* I made that mistake ^-^)
2. Look at the bottom of that tablet to see the lvl of each element that you need as well as the amount.
3. Once you have the correct amount of elements for the correct tablet go to the Alchemy window.
4. Place the tablet into the single box on the left hand side of the page.
5. Place the elements into the other boxes.
Note: The order you place the elements doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you have excess elements; the alchemy will only use the amount needed. If you try to place the wrong lvl element, it simply won't go in. Make sure you place the tablet in first or it won't let you place the elements in.
5. Press Fuse All
Note: If you don't have enough elements, nothing will happen. Make sure you have at least 1 inventory slot open. In addition, you can only create 1 stone at a time even if you place 2 tablets and enough material for both to be turned into a stone. You have to put the tablets and the elements in again to create another one
6. Congratulations, you now have a stone.

Finding Stones
By finding I mean you can find them through the destruction of equipment. Refer to the section on Elements for how to destroy equipment.

Buying Stones
If you happen to not have a substantial amount of the elements needed to make the stone you want it may be more economical to buy a stone since stones cost less than the elements needed to make it in some cases.

Attribute Assimilation
One aspect you need to be aware of is the attribute assimilation percentage. This percentage can be 10,20, or 30 as far as I know. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the success rate of the tablet. It DOES, however, indicate the chance something else will change (aka be rerolled) if you "succeed" during item enhancement.
i.e. You succeed in changing the crit of an item but the attack rating also changes (it can go either up or down)

5. Item Enhancement
Ah, now we get to what the point of this guide. All that work...

Steps to the Actual Enhancement
1. Go to Alchemy page under Action
2. This time make sure you're on Att. Enhancement page
3. Place the equipment item you want to enhance into the single box on the left side
4. Place the stone in the box which opens up on the right
[i]Note: The game won't let you place the stone in until you place in the equipment item first. Also, you DON'T need lucky powder.
5. Press Fuse
6. Congratulations, you have used a stone. Now, you've either suceeded or failed. The nice thing is that failure doesn't wipe out the attribute you're trying to enhance. The bad thing is that success could wipe out a nice attribute.

Update 7/29/2006
-Analyzing Stones Retitled
-Trading Elements
-Destroying Equipment Updated

Update 7/30/2006
-Pretty Pictures

Updated 4/28/2007
-New link for Byproducts (digitilize disappeared awhile ago)
-Added link for interactive map

Last edited by rabbit on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:32 pm 
Ex-Staff

Very nice guide, thanks for this :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:08 pm 

you should include the part about assimilation from using the stone =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:11 pm 
Valued Member

Ahh very nice guide, now maybe I can understand it enough to try it =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:19 pm 

nice guide. i would add one thing though. in your section about obtaining elements, you should put something in there about trading them. it seems easier to find people willing to trade elements, since everybody has something they don't need, and something they do need. that way it doesn't cost either person money, and both can get further along to stone-making.

also, i haven't messed with equip destruction, but is there any way to see what elements you'll get -before- you destroy them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:58 pm 

put in some pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:07 pm 

nice guide - deservess a sticky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:15 pm 
Frequent Member

Irukandji wrote:
nice guide - deservess a sticky

I second that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:06 pm 
Common Member

even nicer now with the pictures. Good job.

Now we just need to learn dirty secrets on how to increase successrate.
I heard spinning 4 times to the right, 3 to the left, take one step foreward and close the alchemy window 4 times, then pressing fuse will guarantee you a +9 success! YAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:05 am 

Soyama wrote:
even nicer now with the pictures. Good job.

Now we just need to learn dirty secrets on how to increase successrate.
I heard spinning 4 times to the right, 3 to the left, take one step foreward and close the alchemy window 4 times, then pressing fuse will guarantee you a +9 success! YAY

lol, i wish that's all it took, i wudn't mind being dizzy if it wud get me a +9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:12 pm 

this is brilliant! i wish something like this was done earlier, but trial and error never hurt anyone eh? **ctrl-click, oooh 5000 rondos..**

sticky!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:24 pm 

thinks of a certain trial and error where sum1 dropped 3 mil gold on the ground.... in the middle of don.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:17 pm 

How do you make Drug of Breeze with the Sapphire Tablet of Breeze? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:51 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide, I understand things better now. But I never knew equipment could be destroyed for stones/tablets. Is it economical a good thing to do on low lvl weapons cause I'm only 13 now, I only get lvl 8/13 equips. And since a destroyer rondo costs 500... what are the chances of obtaining a stone?

By a stone you didn't mean tablet right? but what the tablet will become with the elements it needed.

Lvl 17 (just started again ^^) pure int. Spear/ Fire/Lightning

Server: Olympus

12/08 - yay I found my first SoS while grinding yeohas. (A lvl 13 female garment chest) [Sold for 50k -.- took more then 3hrs for someone to buy]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:01 am 

Zhen wrote:
How do you make Drug of Breeze with the Sapphire Tablet of Breeze? :?

i believe all you have to do is fuse the tablet with the elements, as per the regular creation of a stone, but u get a drug of "XX" instead of a stone, however i don't believe it is particularly economical as the elements u fuse in, wud buy u the drug and then some if u sold the elements as is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:06 am 
Common Member

Can you actually get stones/tablets from destroying items?

I've destroyed 100+ items and I even bought a cheap low lvl sos item to destroy and non have given me stones/tablets, only elements.

EDIT: Just realized I asked the same question as the guy two posts above me.

Well, still need an answer :)

WindSlicer - 6X
Int Spear Nuker

Dagdamor - 1X
Str Blader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:10 am 
Common Member

Tablets are only dropped, and stones are only created via tablets and elements being fused. Rondos do not create either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:16 am 

hmmm.... i was under the impression that immortal and astral stones could be created by destroying equips, but if that's not correct i will take it out of the guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:19 am 

I've heard of only Lucky stones coming from destroying equips, and they are rare as hell. I don't know of anything else other than elements though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:44 am 
Common Member

I have destroyed 500+ pieces of equipment and not once had a tablet OR a stone come out of it.

I don't think you should put anything in a guide that is hearsay, until you have screenshotted proof that it really can happen. Hearing that someone got a lucky stone isn't good enough for me, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:05 pm 

ok, it wasn't hearsay, on the official website, the page about the actual update:

http://www.silkroadonline.net/news/huge ... on=Alchemy

and here's the exact section for those who don't want to search through the page.

although i don't noe what the chances are in practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:41 pm 

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic ... ucky+stone

simple search function brings me to this thread. scroll down to where gwai_lo found two lvl 8 magic stones of lucky and sold them for 10mil each. I swear those things are rarer than sos's lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:07 pm 

Found that today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:36 am 
Common Member

wow i really need to no this!! THX!

Post subject: Tablet Alchemy For Dummies
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:38 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

If it weren't for your guide, I never would have been able to figure out how to use the alchemy feature. You make it seem so simple. Now instead of selling all the odds and ends, or even dumping them, I go out fighting specifically to collect them. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:05 pm 

updated a link, I might edit some of it in the coming days, haven't touched this in a LONG time. If there's anything you would like to see, please post to tell me.

Thanks very very much to Shimohime

Post subject: Re: Tablet Alchemy Guide
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:04 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

rabbit wrote:
Attribute Assimilation
One aspect you need to be aware of is the attribute assimilation percentage. This percentage can be 10,20, or 30 as far as I know. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the success rate of the tablet. It DOES, however, indicate the chance something else will change (aka be rerolled) if you "succeed" during item enhancement.
i.e. You succeed in changing the crit of an item but the attack rating also changes (it can go either up or down)

And what is better 2 have, if u only want 2 add the blue stuff and the rest will remain the same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:04 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

You can use Ruby Tablets on SOS Items? to reset attack rating or phy reinforce?

every time i use them and succeed they dont change the attribute, remains at (+0%)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:54 am 
Banned User

Rhadamantys wrote:

every time i use them and succeed they dont change the attribute, remains at (+0%)

Same here.
And i tried 10 ruby tabs on a lvl 15 weapon:
Attack rating went from 57-->57-->57-->57-->57.......
nothin changed and i lost a lot of elements :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:46 pm 

Pan_Raider(`_´) wrote:
Rhadamantys wrote:

Same here.
And i tried 10 ruby tabs on a lvl 15 weapon:
Attack rating went from 57-->57-->57-->57-->57.......
nothin changed and i lost a lot of elements :x

Ruby alchemy succeeds less than jade alchemy, and when it does succeed, it changes the % to something better less often. You can see this the most with challenge tabs (crit) which everyone loves to use people will fail (fail or +0%) over 20 tabs in a row lots of times. This is just the way it is. Nothing you can really do about it (well.... get premium I suppose but that only helps a little)

Thanks very very much to Shimohime