Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE] Warlock / Bard...I think its done...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:27 pm 
Loyal Member

Hi. This is my first guide and i figured my 1h/2h/cleric wasnt unique enough to make a guide about so i made one about my warlock/bard.

So first i will answer a question i know you all have: Why?

Well here is the reasons:

* Bard has some of the fastest nukes take almost no time to cast
* Warlock status are well known to render enemies helpless
* Wizard / Bard is just too cookie cutter for me.

Ok so here it goes...

Sp totals(as provided by nivlam): Required SP: 826,523
Yep its the price you pay for greatness :P . I recommend farming 1,000,000 sp at ongs, its the easiest way.

The skills:

Bard:

Book List:
    Bards Dream
    Battle Chord
    Music Pleasure
    Melody
    Sound
    Beautiful Life
    Dancing Concert

Why these Bard skills: Well of course you want all the dances and music, so Music Pleasure, Dancing Line and Dancing Concert are a must. If you notice, i dont have any of the mana skills except for Mana Breeze and Mana Orbit. Why? Because when you equip a harp you get an extra 10~15k MP. If you need to recharge your mp your better off helping the rest of your party while you do it. This is where Mana Orbit comes into play. Mana Breeze is there for a one time quick mp recovery. Other then that you dont need any other mp recover move.

Warlock:

Book List:
    Mind Control
    Dark Mentalist
    Raze
    Bloody Swarm
    Blood
    Soul Pressure
    Evil Swell
    Cruel Spell
    Dim Haze

Why these Warlock skills: Obviously we want the warlock status effects as well as the last 3 skills in the Dark Mentalist series + Decay, because bleed works no matter what. Also the Soul Pressure Book is completely useless except for the one stun skill. Unless you want to farm the extra sp, dont bother getting anything but the stun from that book. Also the Dim Haze book is useless except for Deep Slumber and Recovery Bind.

PvP
The moment youve all been waiting for, pvping. Ok so youve followed this guide made this build but you keep getting owned in pvp. Well this build requires mastery of the switch technique. You must become an expert at switching between warlock and bard / rod and harp.

Start out with your warlock rod and shield out first.
Then if your opponent does not have Holy Spell,quickly disease your opponent then follow with stun and
either
A:Decay and Dark Decayed if they have Holy Spell
OR
B: Courage Raze + Magical Ravage + Deep Slumber if no Holy Spell

Then quickly switch to bard and use Horror Chord followed by Booming Wave and this should result in a ko. If not follow up Booming Wave with Weird Chord to finish them off.

BTW: This does not require the use of grains to do.

Grinding/Fighting Monsters

I recommend using warlock to grind and using bard just for speed buffs. Although if there is a cleric, warrior,or another bard in your party, feel free to switch to bard. As to what monsters to grind on, sorry im not sure. But expect to die often :D

Want to play Jade Dynasty and get a bunch of free stuff?
In USA-East, The Billows
My Inductor ID is 8390004X080400090002522Z0d21fe
Copy that code and paste it in the box when you make a new character.

Last edited by chesticles on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Warlock / Bard... [W.I.P]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 am 
Addicted Member

ahh
your planning to attack with bard skills
this guide is gonna be interesting :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 am 
Common Member

no wheelbind sleep or stun?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:11 am 
Loyal Member

Firetruck wrote:

Its there lol.

Anything i should add?

In USA-East, The Billows

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Warlock / Bard...I think its done...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:45 am 
Addicted Member

this build is awesome
i played it all the way to lv.14 xD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 pm 
Frequent Member

made one to 4x... almost defenceless at pvp, grinding is pretty nice.

While i don't find:
VINDICTUS - Kalkin - lvl 30 Lann - West Server

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 pm 
Loyal Member

selenne wrote:
made one to 4x... almost defenceless at pvp, grinding is pretty nice.

Yes, but this is where the warlock comes into action. Since you have no phy def you must use warlock debuffs and then quickly switch to harp or attack with warlock. Warlock also has Vampire Touch and Vampire Kiss to gain HP back. Use this to your advatange also.

Example:

Enemy attacks you. You counter with Vampire Kiss + Stun. Switch to bard Booming Wave + Horror Chord usually kills most players (except bladers)

In USA-East, The Billows

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:08 am 
Addicted Member

or vampire kiss bloody trap + sleep ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:41 am 
Common Member

chesticles wrote:
Firetruck wrote:

Its there lol.

Anything i should add?

oh right the higher versions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:36 am 
Loyal Member

i have a lvl 27 bard lock i made two days ago ^^. its very fun. i can solo pt mobs because of vampire kiss. but in grinding i dont switch to bard. also cure melody is a good skill if your fighting another warlock, say warlock/warrior. if they put on statuses then use cure melody and it takes them off completly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:10 am 
Valued Member

No offense, but why are you choosing to skip the single target stun and sleep? You do realize that the cooldowns for the AOE versions are twice as long and they take much longer to cast? It makes perfect sense to get both Daze and Wrath Daze in case one resists, and you can alternate three stuns in a row (Daze, Wrath Daze, Daze) lasting five seconds each. And in my opinon, single target sleep is much more useful than AOE sleep (It's probably even advisable to skip the AOE sleep since the cooldowns are linked, unlike stun).

Other than that everything looks good.

EDIT: And if you are using bard nukes then why get the warlock nukes? It may be better to just choose one in that case.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:57 am 

yeah this is basically a after farming guide because you wont survive without the lower levels of sleep/sun and DoTs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:10 pm 

Advancechao wrote:
No offense, but why are you choosing to skip the single target stun and sleep? You do realize that the cooldowns for the AOE versions are twice as long and they take much longer to cast? It makes perfect sense to get both Daze and Wrath Daze in case one resists, and you can alternate three stuns in a row (Daze, Wrath Daze, Daze) lasting five seconds each. And in my opinon, single target sleep is much more useful than AOE sleep (It's probably even advisable to skip the AOE sleep since the cooldowns are linked, unlike stun).

EDIT: And if you are using bard nukes then why get the warlock nukes? It may be better to just choose one in that case.

+1
pretty useless build. If the target resist your first areastun/areasleep you are dead (have fun trying to survive 20 seconds cooldown).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm 
Casual Member

Drabon wrote:
Advancechao wrote:

+1
pretty useless build. If the target resist your first areastun/areasleep you are dead (have fun trying to survive 20 seconds cooldown).

the build iteself is DEFINATLY not useless
but the skills he has or doesnt have makes it badd

bard skills: mana wind = useless wayy too much aggro then u get hit and tambours stop and its just annoyin to me

warlock: 2 single target dots shud be maxed u shud definatly max dark breath (imo) single target stun shud be maxed imo and so shud single sleep and wheeel bind wtff that skill is a neccessityy how will u kill chinese pot spammerss? and alsooo warlock debuffs then bard nukes not a good idea imo i say u 1v1 pvp as a warlockk for suree and group pvp as a bard cuz of tambours for party and u steal their kills anyway

5x Warlock/Cleric
Tribolt
Server Gaia
(Quite) Active!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:57 pm 
Valued Member

Sorry but I'd like to point out a few more things that might need changing.

-If your build is a PVP build that uses Bard to nuke, then get rid of Shadow/Dusk Armor. It's already a pretty iffy skill, it does low damage and has a really short range (if you can hit them with it, they are close enough to kill you). Plus it goes away when you change weapons.

-You should max out single target Curse Breath as well. I would also think about deleveling Toxin Invasion if I were you, because Dark Decayed and Dark Breath is more than enough to give DoTs to every enemy in sight (remember, you can only target an enemy with DoT attacks two times). Toxin Invasion only gives poison, which isn't useful like bleed or dull.

-Why get single target physical raze as an INT build? The multi-target one is good enough in my opinion.

-I forgot to mention single target wheel bind. The AOE version works, I guess, but it's always good to save time to use the single-target one because it has a shorter cooldown and faster cast.

I can't make any fixes in the Bard skills since I'm not a bard, but I hope you can get something out of this advice. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 pm 
Loyal Member

Advancechao wrote:
Sorry but I'd like to point out a few more things that might need changing.

-If your build is a PVP build that uses Bard to nuke, then get rid of Shadow/Dusk Armor. It's already a pretty iffy skill, it does low damage and has a really short range (if you can hit them with it, they are close enough to kill you). Plus it goes away when you change weapons.

-You should max out single target Curse Breath as well. I would also think about deleveling Toxin Invasion if I were you, because Dark Decayed and Dark Breath is more than enough to give DoTs to every enemy in sight (remember, you can only target an enemy with DoT attacks two times). Toxin Invasion only gives poison, which isn't useful like bleed or dull.

-Why get single target physical raze as an INT build? The multi-target one is good enough in my opinion.

-I forgot to mention single target wheel bind. The AOE version works, I guess, but it's always good to save time to use the single-target one because it has a shorter cooldown and faster cast.

I can't make any fixes in the Bard skills since I'm not a bard, but I hope you can get something out of this advice. :)

I really only use Decay and Dark Decayed but I sometimes use the others. As for the warlock attack skills, this is for grinding since some people might prefer to grind as bard or warlock. As for the multiple Wheel Bind and Razes, I got only the AOE version because this build was made for jw/fw/mass pvp mainly. You can do 1v1 pvp and it still is good, I can 3 shot most players, but mainly this was for helping others with status and bard buffs with AOE attacks using both warlock/bard.

In USA-East, The Billows

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:32 pm 

I'm almost capped and was thinking of adding a warlock sub (as mostly everyone seems to be adding cleric in our guild) so this was a nice find.

I can recommend a few edits to your bard skill choices.
You have all the dances maxed. I wouldn't worry about any beyond dance of magic, then wizardry. In my 89lvls of playing, I've never used any of the other dances, except when a bunch of bards are together on break and we want to make pretty colours. I know of a few parties that have occasionally used Valor, but it's rare. Also I wouldn't bother with the temptation skills, not much use there, by the time you use it and if it works it would've been quicker to nuke the mob.

Grace wrote:
First make yourself smile, then work on the rest of the world.

STATUS: Currently trying to figure out how to make myself smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:06 am 
Banned User

Firetruck wrote:
chesticles wrote:
Firetruck wrote:

Its there lol.

Anything i should add?

oh right the higher versions

I dislike the higher ones, as they take longer to cast etc.

Just like the higher de-buffs they're extremely annoying with the few second casting time. Might I suggest increasing the lower level ones, and making sure they are max as they are basically your source of life in pvp at lower levels.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 am 
Banned User

Extreme build xD