Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: MMORPgs v2 [UPDATED x33][72 games and counting]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:05 pm 
Banned User

RE STCIKY ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:00 am 
Advanced Member

you do know that runescape is getting a major graphics update soon?

so much better than before :D but won't be awhile until it updates

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:03 pm 
Elite Member

Once I heard about what they did to the wild; and when I logged in and saw that they still haven't added any quests for us non-paying users; I gave up on Runescape.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:54 pm 
SRF's Princess

Draquish wrote:
Once I heard about what they did to the wild; and when I logged in and saw that they still haven't added any quests for us non-paying users; I gave up on Runescape.

that's the big joke about it.

Everything will stay the same for the F2P RS'ers.

New skills --> Members
New Items --> Members
More Bank space --> Members
New quests --> Members

RS only wants P2P users. yet it keeps making new worlds and stuff for the F2P.

But RS has totally died. Sure, it's nice for a MMORPG Newbie, but if you have been playing a lot of MMo's you just get annoyed and bugged by RS.

I mean, When I first started it, RS was da bomb for me, but now, no thank you.

Exploring new grounds and all was always fun, but they never change the streets or whatever. After a while you know where everything is, there's nothing new to life, and people start Botting to beat the scores of that Zezima person, that lowlife guy and number one Runescape Player in the World. Have you heard of RuneScape you've heard of Zezima.

The man who has every skill on level 99 within a week.

For me Runescape was just achieving certain goals to try something new. I was a member for a while, and I tried achieving things in, for instance Farming, to make new stuff.
I mean, if I would walk around in RS, I see that all of my farming patches have got something growing, and they all look pretty, for as far as the graphs allow it.

Even now, when I would walk past this farming patch in the Free World near some city with an F.. uhm.. damn..
Well, anyways, I'm still proud of what I've got there... =)

*Yes, I'm a geek.. T.T*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:32 am 
Casual Member

hate that mabinogi game

Server:Posieden
Level:23
Image<----My Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:58 am 
Elite Member

Paulkoz wrote:
hate that mabinogi game

SWEET!

@ Ice: Zezima is a lie, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm 
Frequent Member

Name: Atlantica online (international)
Website: http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp
Cost: Free + item mall
Status: Closed beta 1 is finished, waiting for closed beta 2 OR open beta (we aren't sure)
"hype": 8.5/10 (my opinion)

REVIEW:

Graphics 8.5 / 10 : The graphics in the game don't leave much to be desired. They are on par with the graphics of any modern-day MMORPG.

Gameplay 10/10 :I am giving this section my personal perfect score, This MMORPG is like no other in my opinion. The game is based around a turn based battle system, when you click on a wandering monster you go into a Final Fantasy-ish fight, and much like any other turn based RPG you don't control one character in battle, you instead control multiple mercenaries ( you start with your main character + 2 mercenaries, and in the tutorial you get a 3rd, you then get another mercenary slot every 10 levels. (your main + 4 mercenaries at level 10, your main +5 mercs at level 20 so on and so forth, until level 50, where you max out at 9 characters under your control).
However, unlike final fantasy, you actually have to organize your characters in a 3 by 3 grid. each mercenary has his or her own area of attack I.E vikings hit an enemy, and the enemies next to his target in a row. A gunner hits all three enemies in a column ETC.
More info on mercs here : http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center ... nary01.asp
On top of that battle system Atlantica also has a Town control system and a crafting system.
The crafting professions specialize in the type of item, I.E. there is crafting for helmets, a seperate crafting skill for boots, a skill for bows, and so on. In total there are about 20 different crafting professions. To craft, you must have the ingredients and the skill level for whicever item you wish to craft, and begin crafting. Instead of the item being made slowly or instantly, it is finished when you fill up your "workload" this workload is increased by fighting monsters, the more exp you get from the battle, the more workload you get done.
Finally, there is the system of town ownership. Once you create a guild and get memebers you can start to gain guild points. You can do 3 things to get guild points.
1. At the top of each hour you get some points from member attendance.
2. You can preform guild quests.
3. Your guild can take part in the training center, which is an arena that everyone in your guild is welcome to, your goal in that arena is to take out monsters that get progressivly harder with each wave, you also have a time limit. The more waves you take out, the more points you get.
Now, once your guild has obtained 1000 guild points, they may bid on a town. Once you place your bet on a town it will take 24 hours (real life) to obtain the town. If you get out-bidded, you get your points back, but if you don't you get the town. there are multiple towns (World map : http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center ... p_info.asp). Once you own a town, you set taxes for your townspeople and for other players, on your market, your hospital, bank, etc. You may then train the building crafting skill and build structures around your town (Like a giant game of The Sims). Each building raises a stat in your town (Culture, security, commerce, health, ETC.) You may also do town quests to raise these stats.
Building on that, once your guild reaches level 30, and has 3 million gold in guild funds, you may start a nation. Nations are like unions where multiple guilds join together. If the nation has many guilds with towns under their control they become a country. Countries can wage war against eachother in a massive war for dominance. In closed beta, PurePainCrew (the guild i was in charge of) owned measly colombo =P.
Spoiler!

Community 9/10: I loved the community. It was closed beta, but everyone was happy and nice. If someone used a treasure map to make a chest appear, most people would make sure not to steal it and wait for the owner. Everyone was just having a good time, not to mention that the GMs visited and chatted for a while.

Investing 8/10 : There is going to be an item mall, but judging from the items in the Korean version, it is mostly things you can get without using real money, and nothing that effects PVP.

Other:
The Atlantica online thread on SRF is here : viewtopic.php?f=76&t=93895

TL;DR : Game is awesome

And.... some pictures I took of the GM visit:
Quote:
Awesome GMs, they had a meet n Greet after the arena match today.
Spoiler!

Last edited by piootr on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:37 pm 
Loyal Member

why blue?

and lol at the thread title [Updated x33] xD 0x33 xD

Want to play Jade Dynasty and get a bunch of free stuff?
In USA-East, The Billows
My Inductor ID is 8390004X080400090002522Z0d21fe
Copy that code and paste it in the box when you make a new character.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:30 pm 
Forum Legend

why blue?

and lol at the thread title [Updated x33] xD 0x33 xD

Hah yeah, stands out quite nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:08 am 
Banned User

Name: Requiem: Bloodymare
Cost: Free To Play + Item Mall
"hype": None that i know of.

Guild: Image [eXe*MSI]
BIGASS Truck Rentals Here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:25 am 
Loyal Member

rawr1337 wrote:
Name: Requiem: Bloodymare
"hype": None that i know of.

downloading it right now.

also if you want to make a review do you make it on here or a separate thread?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:56 pm 
Casual Member

Name: Titan Online
Hype: Not known

5:1 Blader

VSRO
Kaneda
Level 1X
69:70 Spear
Bach Doung

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:27 am 
Forum Legend

Bump!
Well, if this topic doesn't accepts more games, ill review mines anyways.

One of those sweet loading Screens. too bad they aren't stay too much :(
Spoiler!

Name: Trickster Online
Company/Enterprise:Ntreev
Cost: Free to Play with MyShop (AKA Item Mall)
Hype: 8/10

My opinion:
I have been playing this Anime Styled game after some time the 100cap came to SRO, because couldn't log cause it was crowded 24/7. So i took this 1-click-login game to take it a shot, and since i like Anime, the game was great for me. :P
This game is filled with innovations, but it's kinda commercial. (You can get the items (easly) you need in the Item Mall if u can't find/afford it in-game).
But as far as i know, you don't need item mall to be strong (but you can be greedy and be + powerful in the easy way :twisted:). But wasting RL on games is always lame. :P
Some of the innovation on Trickster Online is Drilling. Once you have a Drill, you can drill on almost every floor you find on Trickster, and the best thing, when drilling you can get Galders (their money currency), items, stones etc. I think the bad part is when a quest is by drilling... It can take you hours to finish a Quest (Unless if you are a Sense-Type Character).
Other things i liked is "My Camp" mode. It's what it says: Making a camp. lol
Yeah, by doing a camp it's like creating you own home (You can decorate it as well like chair, tables, tv, windows, wall paint lol) and if its public, anyone can enter and have a really nice chit chat. That's why the Trickster Online Comunity is so good.
Talking about Community, you may find people with 9 - 17 age range lol. And do not get surprised if you meet a chick. I mean, a real chick. :)
Now, talking about the game play. It's really easy. But since their graphics are 2D (A little bit pixeled, but way better than Mapple) it's a little, just little hard to target a mob. Cause mobs moves sometimes and you have to 'catch it'. They have some nice skills with nice enviroinment.
Wondering why the game is so heavy, since it's a 2D game? Well, you'll not find a character/NPC/PET without moving or saying anything!! Cause everyone's there (when steady) they move (Like if were Gif).
Oh, the Level engine is really easy too. For each time you hit, yeah you HIT a mob, you'll gain exp, that is. So if you are close to gain a level, you'll get the level even without killin the mob lol :D
There are other exp called Tm Exp. This is different, u gain TM Exp point for each kill. TM points are used to Learn/upgrade a Skill.
Now, partys. Same engine like others gmes, i believe.
And last, the most important thing (I think) are the Trickster Online Quests. There are a bunch of zillions of Quest but they have restrictions (Level, ie.). If you're able to finish a quest, you'll get a bunch of Exp/TM Exp. Even they can give you more than 2 levels in a single quest. They are 3 kinds of quest: Kill certainly mob, Find me something that a mob will drop and Find me something there is underground (Drilling). And the last one can be painfully and stressing if you are not a Sense - Type. So, Basically, you'll find a quest everywhere, and its t'he fast way to gains levels/TM points. So the harder the quest, the big the reward is.

Overview: A game for all ages. Great friendly community. If you are looking for pures Fighting/Skills mmorpg's and hate 2D graphics, don't even try it.
Btw, it was just my first impression of the game. I think i don't even have a 1 month and im lvl 74 already. Oh, and Max lvl is 400 :p

Edit:
Quote:
Name: Knight Online
Cost: F2P
"hype": 3/10
Review: review ^^

What kind of joke is that? Haven't playing it but i played this game for almost a year and its fun. In that time (maybe 2 or 3 years ago), i couldn't buy stuff from item mall and u don't need them for being strong. I think it deserve at least an Hype of 6/10 >.>
As far as i know, bot? I have no idea hows the things there.

ImageImageImage
WE WANT [ TORCHLIGHT II], [TERA ONLINE], [BLADE&SOUL] AND... [DIABLO III].

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:29 pm 
Addicted Member

Someone want to add my reviews?

Requiem: Bloodymare
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=108163

Luna Online
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=111754

Dragonica Online
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=112031

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 pm 
Forum Legend

Downloading Granado Espada 8)

ImageImageImage

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:16 pm 

Ether Saga Online
Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
http://eso.perfectworld.com
F2P (like SRO, with "item mall" items)
Available

Guild Wars 2

Still checking SRF for the community.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 pm 

Gameplay[*]Name: S4 league
Cost: Free w/ Item mall
"hype": 9/10

Graphics: they are kinda cartoonish but overall good.

Gameplay: it actually takes skill not just pressing 1,2,3 and 4 all over again. Can be smooth if u know how to play and once u get the gist of it its an entirely different experience.

Community: one of the best things about this game is that is each language has different servers and each level range also get its own servers and most of them are friendly if u are not terribly bad at the game.

Investing: highly optional since theres this thing called fumbi dance, u pay money to get a random mall item for free, it can be either a weapon(more in-game money) or clothe.

Identity: u can look very different from ur fellow players since the variety of clothe is humongous.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:14 am 
Forum Legend

I think ill make a review for Trickster.. if it doesn't keep restarting my pc -.-

ImageImageImage

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm 
Frequent Member

Name: Requiem Online

Cost: Free to Play with Item Mall

Hype: 8/10

- It's an horror RPG, has 4 classes, each one with 2 subclasses you can chose while creating the char. You can then chose from 2 "sub-subclasses"

- It has neat animations on death such as decapitation and limb removal.

- Uses WASD moving system

I'm not very good giving reviews and I only started playing it recently, so if anyone who plays wants to do one to replace mine, go ahead.

Meanwhile, here's a video :
Code: Select all

Some gifs I made from the death animations:
Spoiler!

Rogue lvl 5x
Warlock lvl 1x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6