Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:55 pm 
Common Member

Pardon me but Bow Int will never use nuke, they only shoot and shoot and shoot... And don't even think about PvP if you have a Pure Int Bow, you will just simply die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:43 pm 
Loyal Member

have you ever even had a pure int bow? or seen someone with a pure int bow? my freidn is lvl 58 pure int lightinign bow and all she does is nuke :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:37 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i liked this guide =) , my friend is pure str bow. He uses armors and he is just a fcking machine :D , even glaviers never killed him (in his lvl) in pvp. And nukers die with 1-3 hits , so armors or protectors are good :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 pm 
Loyal Member

yeah i really ditn want to brag about nothing cause this is a guide but i where ncp protectors for the speed and deffence and i do just fine in pvp. (want to learn more then pm me ill be happy to share some storyies :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:39 am 
Frequent Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
ok first off i have some things to say sence i am a lvl 36 archer pure str ice so i think my advice will help a little too. those of you that i have hunted can vouce for me cause i pwn thiefs!!

first thing i have to say is never ever use strong bow more then once in pvp.. infact, if you cant kill them before it has time to recharge then chances are you will be one of two things... dead, or running to town for more pots. because strong bow takes so long to accomplish you can do an antidevil bow(which in a crit does jsut as much damage as strong bow) folowed by arrow combo and/or berserker arrow.

next thing is that i do not recemend autum wind arrow. it does about 200less then anti devil bow and it crits less..(yes yes i know i have that skill and use it too but never in pvp, only in pve which this guide i think is aimed more towards pvp so i wont tell my reasons)

and if you are a bow always go pure str garm because armor or pure int bow is stupid. think of it this way, if you where a spear nuker you could do 2.2k a hit, a sword nuker could do liek 1.8k a hit, but they balance out cause you got shield with sword and extra hp with spear. if you are bow... you got no extra hp, no shield, and you do about 1.5k pre hit so not only do you hit lower, you have less defence. and you shoudl know why not be pure str armor thats just stupid.

now i dont have grass walk cause i am stretched for sp but he made a good point. bow is made for range, fi you find yourself close up to yrou opponent then what i do is zerk away for like 10seconds then come back with a strong bow and blast em one hit(i always zerk cause my most pvp is hunting thiefs and with a theif you can never tell what lvl theyare) you can also do what he said and forst nova him, even if they have pills it still takes about 2seconds for him to pill it off, then run away with phantom walk and antidevil-combo(yes he said taht before but it is a good point)

and also i dont knwo who you talkign too but bow is one of the best builds out there when you do it right. mostly what i see is lvl 64+ hunter bows trying to kill a 64+ nuker theif in dwn or glaiver by just standing there and attacking him strati tout. that is not the way to do it because you leave yourself open for nukes. what they should be doign is run away like i see nukers do when facing glaivers. nukers run, bows run, glaivers catch up thats way it works.

P.S. i am lvl 36pure str ice bow in full ncp protector no blues and no +s with a llv 35 bow (ncp), and i have killed at least 20 thiefs in my day hunting for guild trades.... last thing i will say is ARCHERS PWN

thanks for your opinion. i dont really care it.
im making a guide for people who plan to be pure str or pure int or hybrid bow. this isnt a attack and kill a build guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:40 am 
Frequent Member

Chassy wrote:
i liked this guide =) , my friend is pure str bow. He uses armors and he is just a fcking machine :D , even glaviers never killed him (in his lvl) in pvp. And nukers die with 1-3 hits , so armors or protectors are good :P

ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:03 pm 
Loyal Member

i wasnt attacking... i was adding to it. if you dont wany anyone to post and say stuff then get its locked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:56 pm 
Frequent Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
i wasnt attacking... i was adding to it. if you dont wany anyone to post and say stuff then get its locked.

dude you come into this guide saying. oohh im experience. that build sucks. this and that. that isnt contributing, its your opinion and i dont want to hear what you got to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:53 pm 
Loyal Member

k w/e i said two things.. armor is stupid for bows (which it is for all pure str) and that if you are int bow then thats your decision but its bad build. everone i know that is pure int bow switched to spear at lvl 50 or so cause there nukes where lacking the power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:59 am 
Frequent Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
k w/e i said two things.. armor is stupid for bows (which it is for all pure str) and that if you are int bow then thats your decision but its bad build. everone i know that is pure int bow switched to spear at lvl 50 or so cause there nukes where lacking the power

well. and your point is?
this guide is for straight BOW builds. stick to the main point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:26 am 

the main point is ur guide for how to pvp w/ a pure int bow is very...narrowminded

you dont have time to shoot a nuke & pull off a explosion arrow & as pure int, a nuke will always do more dmg than any phy.skill+imbue, & nukes take less time to execute than bow skill. ur giving ppl some pretty misleading info :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:21 am 
Frequent Member

HBblade wrote:
the main point is ur guide for how to pvp w/ a pure int bow is very...narrowminded

you dont have time to shoot a nuke & pull off a explosion arrow & as pure int, a nuke will always do more dmg than any phy.skill+imbue, & nukes take less time to execute than bow skill. ur giving ppl some pretty misleading info :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

hmm think for a second. have you ever been a pure int bower or pure str bower for that matter? and does this guide say in any part that pacheon moves do more damage than nukes? i think not, this guide tells you how to combine both nukes and pacheon moves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:43 pm 

LadyB wrote:
HBblade wrote:

hmm think for a second. have you ever been a pure int bower or pure str bower for that matter? and does this guide say in any part that pacheon moves do more damage than nukes? i think not, this guide tells you how to combine both nukes and pacheon moves.

I have to wonder if you have tried either sort of build LadyB ... HBblade is right ... you really are giving misleading information on how to fight with either bow build.

And I make this statement from the experiance of having both level 58 Int bow and level 31 Str bow characters.

One thing I would like to point out that everyone seems to overlook. If you look at the descriptions for both Bicheon and Heuksal you will see that all the weapon attacks are PHYSICAL attacks ... and yet no one seems to feel like they have to point that out to all the spear or s/s nukers out there like they do to the Int bow builds. Just something to think about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:45 pm 
Frequent Member

yamataka wrote:
LadyB wrote:
HBblade wrote:

I have to wonder if you have tried either sort of build LadyB ... HBblade is right ... you really are giving misleading information on how to fight with either bow build.

And I make this statement from the experiance of having both level 58 Int bow and level 31 Str bow characters.

One thing I would like to point out that everyone seems to overlook. If you look at the descriptions for both Bicheon and Heuksal you will see that all the weapon attacks are PHYSICAL attacks ... and yet no one seems to feel like they have to point that out to all the spear or s/s nukers out there like they do to the Int bow builds. Just something to think about.

seeing as i had a pure int bow lv 63 and pure str bow lv 57.
yes i have had experience. your implying that since all the weapon skills are physical based, then int players shouldn't get them? So your saying that sword/shield users shouldnt get kd and spear users shouldnt get soul spear and ghost petal?
thats the impression your giving me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:23 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Question......

Do I need int if I want my flame mastery stuff to kcik in with more dmg? Or is that just based on my phys because it's enchanting the weapon? Kinda? lol....... I like the idea of how people are attacking with phys *blade/spear* but there is fire attacks with it? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:33 pm 

Nope ... what I am saying is that everyone makes a fuss over int build using a bow because the bow is a "physical" based weapon and yet no one makes the same fuss over nukers using heuksal or bicheon skills. BTW if you look at the magic attack range for bows ... they are better than those for a sword.

But I have to admit that is a bit off topic.

So going back to your guide ... personally I would not presume to write a guide until I had character that was well into the 70s. We both know that there are skills you haven't even really touched yet.

I am not experianced enough to write a guide either. Maybe some day I will be. But until then here are a few of my observations.

For a str build on a bow ... people are best off reading Hellsharpt's guide ... it is very well written.

An int bow build is trickier ... and while I know that various people have claimed success at pvp with that build, I really don't think it is meant for solo pvp. It is meant for group situations. So then ask yourself ... in a group fight ... what would be the role of a int bow? Is it to try and be a weird looking spear nuker? I would have to say no.

Maybe an Int bow is meant to be a build to deliver as much damage as possible while bladers or glaviers tank? Like run in, hit, and run out? Maybe you would want fire or lightning for your imbue instead of ice ... plus why get cold at all? You end up with a crippled imbue for a very small increase of your chance of surviving a first hit. Maybe max grass and phantom walk and wear garments instead? With both pvp and pve the idea on an int bow is to kill before anything touches you ... and to be able to run if stuff doesn't die.

The autumn wind series is meant for the hunters on trade runs ... it lets you take out those annoying npc bow thieves that spawn away from the group and snipe the traders better than anything else. It hits secondary targets along its path ... ever notice how traders usually follow each other in some sort of line?

Also a consideration is that once you begin a pullback on a bow skill ... you are stuck and can't run. This is probably the biggest reason people do str builds with bows. Because sometimes giants are going to spawn on top of you ... or that hunter glavier is going to notice that you aren't a npc thief and is going ghost walk in next to you and all you can do is hope that your blader or glavier friend is going to be able to run in and get a kd or kb off. Different bow skills have different pullback times with strong bow having an extremely long one and the mult arrow attack being a very short one. The autumn wind attacks have a faster pullback than the explosion series attacks though both are AOE attacks.

If you are going to use a nuke in combination with a bow skill in pvp use the multi arrow skill for speed ... it work lots better than an explosion arrow because otherwise you will be dead before you get off the explosion arrow. HBblade is right.

Ok ... so those are just some random thoughts really from what I have seen so fair in playing my bow characters. Your guide is not a bad idea but more than just dressing up the skill descriptions is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:14 am 
Frequent Member

yamataka wrote:
Nope ... what I am saying is that everyone makes a fuss over int build using a bow because the bow is a "physical" based weapon and yet no one makes the same fuss over nukers using heuksal or bicheon skills. BTW if you look at the magic attack range for bows ... they are better than those for a sword.

But I have to admit that is a bit off topic.

So going back to your guide ... personally I would not presume to write a guide until I had character that was well into the 70s. We both know that there are skills you haven't even really touched yet.

I am not experianced enough to write a guide either. Maybe some day I will be. But until then here are a few of my observations.

For a str build on a bow ... people are best off reading Hellsharpt's guide ... it is very well written.

An int bow build is trickier ... and while I know that various people have claimed success at pvp with that build, I really don't think it is meant for solo pvp. It is meant for group situations. So then ask yourself ... in a group fight ... what would be the role of a int bow? Is it to try and be a weird looking spear nuker? I would have to say no.

Maybe an Int bow is meant to be a build to deliver as much damage as possible while bladers or glaviers tank? Like run in, hit, and run out? Maybe you would want fire or lightning for your imbue instead of ice ... plus why get cold at all? You end up with a crippled imbue for a very small increase of your chance of surviving a first hit. Maybe max grass and phantom walk and wear garments instead? With both pvp and pve the idea on an int bow is to kill before anything touches you ... and to be able to run if stuff doesn't die.

The autumn wind series is meant for the hunters on trade runs ... it lets you take out those annoying npc bow thieves that spawn away from the group and snipe the traders better than anything else. It hits secondary targets along its path ... ever notice how traders usually follow each other in some sort of line?

Also a consideration is that once you begin a pullback on a bow skill ... you are stuck and can't run. This is probably the biggest reason people do str builds with bows. Because sometimes giants are going to spawn on top of you ... or that hunter glavier is going to notice that you aren't a npc thief and is going ghost walk in next to you and all you can do is hope that your blader or glavier friend is going to be able to run in and get a kd or kb off. Different bow skills have different pullback times with strong bow having an extremely long one and the mult arrow attack being a very short one. The autumn wind attacks have a faster pullback than the explosion series attacks though both are AOE attacks.

If you are going to use a nuke in combination with a bow skill in pvp use the multi arrow skill for speed ... it work lots better than an explosion arrow because otherwise you will be dead before you get off the explosion arrow. HBblade is right.

Ok ... so those are just some random thoughts really from what I have seen so fair in playing my bow characters. Your guide is not a bad idea but more than just dressing up the skill descriptions is needed.

well im just writing a guide based from my experience.
and im just making a build for certain people
who are pure int bow or pure str bow and they dont want to change

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:25 pm 
Casual Member

Im currantly hybrid Int and im using fire as my imbue. I have collected many curst hearts... should i change to ice?? is it better than fire if im hybrid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:11 am 
Frequent Member

Deth_Warden wrote:
Im currantly hybrid Int and im using fire as my imbue. I have collected many curst hearts... should i change to ice?? is it better than fire if im hybrid?

do what you wish. as a hybrid int based, the imbue doesnt matter imo. their damage is somewhat close but ice has the better effect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:15 pm 

good guide! thxz, it was helpfull :roll:

Post subject: Re: Bow Guide
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 pm 

what do i wear?

always looking for people to add me in game

need help with a site ur making? pm me~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 am 
Common Member

really great guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:13 am 
Banned User

Hi all. :D Im new here but i must say Bower r good(my favorites :love: ). i am bower lvl 90 fullfarmed and i am verry proud of my char.is a litle hybrid not pure str bicheon90 ice90(yes cold imbue) fire 90 light 30 equiped with garment.with my char i can make all Kill uniqs,make pvp(ofc u can`t winn all..).Most important when u make a char make it for you..listen some advice from ppl(i prefer to read forums and make my own opinion)and NEVER change just cose someone esle say that he don`t like it.play the game for you not for others. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 pm 

Cool, nice guide. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:58 pm 

A few things Id Like to point out as a Hyb Bow Player,

There is NO WAY you can PvP with Garms on a Int Bowman, Infact its pretty hard full stop for a int Bow to Pvp.
The ONLY PvPing a Int Bowmen will be doing is against Int Based Euros, and thats using there Ice Imbue to attackt the weakness of their pot delay. Spam Multi Arrow combo and Autumn series, remember you want to get as many attacks as possible as a Int as you are not a Crit freak, its your constant average damage that does the job. These are your two fastest attacks. To last at any stage you as a Int Bowmen you will have to go in either Pro or Full Armour gear, With Garment you will NOT have enough phy def and Hp to survive. Remember as one person already pointed out if your going to be a nuker your a second rate Spear without the Bicheon HP boost.

Secondly, The Bow is not a Pure Str Weapon. Less Phy attack than a Blade and Less Mag Attack than a Spear. It's a Hybrid, infact all weaps are, this most so. IMHO

Thirdly, Making a Build Guide you should outline the Forces required or prefered for the Guild, as it is you have only summarised the Bow Skills. INT bowmen MUST MAX, Light AND Cold to be succesful. Why? . Light increase Mag Attack and also Increases Parry Ratio, Cold for Phy Def Boost and Snow Shield. Snow Shield timer is like your lifeline, your not safe by the end of it your a goner.

Just a Few things to help, Hopefull the guide maker will improve on it now he knows what he needs to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 pm 
Loyal Member

caseyd4 wrote:
A few things Id Like to point out as a Hyb Bow Player,

There is NO WAY you can PvP with Garms on a Int Bowman, Infact its pretty hard full stop for a int Bow to Pvp.
The ONLY PvPing a Int Bowmen will be doing is against Int Based Euros, and thats using there Ice Imbue to attackt the weakness of their pot delay. Spam Multi Arrow combo and Autumn series, remember you want to get as many attacks as possible as a Int as you are not a Crit freak, its your constant average damage that does the job. These are your two fastest attacks. To last at any stage you as a Int Bowmen you will have to go in either Pro or Full Armour gear, With Garment you will NOT have enough phy def and Hp to survive. Remember as one person already pointed out if your going to be a nuker your a second rate Spear without the Bicheon HP boost.

Secondly, The Bow is not a Pure Str Weapon. Less Phy attack than a Blade and Less Mag Attack than a Spear. It's a Hybrid, infact all weaps are, this most so. IMHO

Thirdly, Making a Build Guide you should outline the Forces required or prefered for the Guild, as it is you have only summarised the Bow Skills. INT bowmen MUST MAX, Light AND Cold to be succesful. Why? . Light increase Mag Attack and also Increases Parry Ratio, Cold for Phy Def Boost and Snow Shield. Snow Shield timer is like your lifeline, your not safe by the end of it your a goner.

Just a Few things to help, Hopefull the guide maker will improve on it now he knows what he needs to do.

this guide was made along time ago, before snow sheild. and i dont think the author plans on updating it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:10 pm 

tnxx

Dollars Dont Make You Rich

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!