Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE]: The STR world : 3 builds, 3 styles
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:51 am 

Introduction

You find yourself with this cool weapon, dealing out tons of damage. All this way you have put points into strength while not having a single clue as to what it does and how it is useful. You're taking more damage than others and laugh while they die. How does this happen? Why is putting points into strength different from putting points into intelligence? Here, I'll be explaining what strength is and why it is good.

Terminology

You will see a lot of abbreviations, nicknames, etc. Here are most if not all:
  • STR = Strength
  • INT = Intelligence
  • ATK = Attack
  • HP = Health Points (If this is out, you are dead)
  • MP = Mana Points (If this is out, you cannot use any skills)
  • Pure STR/INT = All points are put into strength or intelligence
  • Tank = Taking in a lot of damage without getting killed
  • SP = Skill points. You need these to get skills
  • Buff = Skills that you cast to increase certain characteristics of your character
  • AoE = Area of Effect (damage transfer)
  • Mob = Monsters

Strength and It's Effects

Strength is a stat point. 3 stat points are given to you at each level, along with 1 stat point in INT and 1 stat point in STR. STR increases your physical damage, physical defense, physical balance, and your overall HP. This means that when using skills that are in your weapon mastery, like anti devil bow or the 3-attack combo for blades, your damage will increase with each STR point. When you are taking in physical damage (slapping, punching, monster attacks that do not look like magic) it will get decreased with every STR point. HP will increase, that's easy. STR is best for critical hits, which are 2 times stronger than your normal attacks but depends on your weapon and it's critical attack rating.

INT increases your magical damage, magical defense, magical balance, and MP. Skills used in your force categories (fire imbue, lightning imbue, cold imbue, nukes) will have increased damage with each INT point. Magical damage done to you will get decreased and MP will increase for ya.

The Strength-Based Builds

There are 3 builds for the STR points
  • Blade : Uses the Bicheon mastery. Blades are famous for their ability to tank and their inability kill. Your main attacks will be the knockdown and stab combos (5th and 6th series down on the bicheon mastery skill listings), which are acquired at lvl 19 bicheon mastery. Chain attacks (3, 4, 5 hits in a row : Located at 2nd series of skills in bicheon mastery skill listing) can be used for training on monsters. Blades also have the ability to cast shield technique (3rd series down) which increases physical defense and can be used only with a shield equipped. This series can save your life in the most difficult situations. Blade Force is a ranged attack (4th series down) and can be used for attracting mobs. The same goes with Sword Dance series (7th series down). Always get your passive (8th series down). It increases your parry ratio (chance of getting the lower end of your enemy's attack damage range.)
  • Glaive : Uses the Heuksal mastery. Glaivers are famous for their ability to dish out a mass number of damage. Your main attacks will be heuksal spear series (3rd series down on listings), the soul departs series (4th series down), and the ghost spear attack series (5th series down). The Heuksal Spear and Soul Departs series are swing attacks, which mean that your character will swing the weapon back then out. These take longer time to cast then the Ghost Spear Attack series, which can be instant and attacks multiple mobs at one time. Glaivers have the option to cast Fanning Spear Series (2nd series down) which increases your magical defense. When fighting nukers, this will reduce their damage a lot. Always get your passive (8th series down). It increases your overall HP.
  • Bow : Uses the Pacheon mastery. Bowmen are famous for their range ability and inability to do well in PvP. Your main attacks will be anti devil bow series (1st series), arrow combo attack series (2nd down), and strong bow series (7th down). You have the option of adding or replacing the strong bow series with explosion arrow series (6th down). Anti devil increases your chance of getting a critical. Arrow combos are useful for getting damage out quickly. Strong bow series is good for, well, strong attacks. Strong Bow also takes longer to cast. Explosion Arrow has AoE and is good for attacking multiple mobs at one time. Bowmen can cast Hawk Training series (3rd series down). The hawk you summon depends on which color. White and blue increase attack rating, which is the chance of doing the higher end of your attack range. Black does damage, but is rarely used in fighting other players. Bowmen can also cast Break Heaven Arrow series (5th series down) which increases range. This is very helpful. Get your passive (8th series down). It increases your attack rating and your blocking percentage.

The Commons of STR Builds
There are many common elements to the 3 STR builds:
  • They will all use fire imbue. The fire imbue will do more damage than the other 2 imbues. The fire mastery tree is considered an aggressive mastery and has much to do with your physical damage, which is the whole idea of STR.
  • They can all take damage well. Since you have a lot of HP, the only thing you need to worry about is MP. Keep casting your skills and you'll do great.
  • Their criticals are wonderful. STR gives higher critical attacks. This means when you do get a critical, the damage will be higher.

The Equipment
This section will be written assuming that you already have a solid handle on equipment.

STR characters usually will wear garment. They already have high physical defense so all they need is magical defense, which is given by garment. A full garment set when worn will give a 20% speed bonus along with a 20% mana consumption reduction. You move 20% faster and use 20% less MP.

Choose your weapon wisely. You want to have a weapon with a great critical attack rating. Critical on a weapon is shown in the following format

Critical x (yy%)

The x can be replaced by any number from 1-20. The higher the better.

Conclusion

This concludes my little spiel about str and it's benefits. Hope you like it. I know I said too much, but it's my thread so yeah. My fingers hurt.

Last edited by Temptation on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The STR world : 3 builds, 3 styles
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:56 am 
Valued Member

Temptation wrote:

Critical x (yy%)

The x can be replaced by any number from 2-20. The higher the better.

There is such thing as critical 1.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:05 am 

changed. Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:10 am 
Common Member

MegaMan wrote:
Temptation wrote:

Critical x (yy%)

He spent all that time writing that to provide the new guys with good information and you have to criticize that, like it makes a difference? I hope they block you off the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 am 
Ex-Staff

Berserker arrow>strong bow. Also if I'm not mistaken, the bicheon passive raises your blocking percentage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:55 am 
Valued Member

liquidsmooth wrote:
MegaMan wrote:
Temptation wrote:

Critical x (yy%)

He spent all that time writing that to provide the new guys with good information and you have to criticize that, like it makes a difference? I hope they block you off the board.

What?

I wasn't criticizing him/his guide. I was pointing out something from his guide something that he missed. Holy crap. People can be so sensitive.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:13 am 
Banned User

Quote:
liquidsmooth wrote:
MegaMan wrote:
Temptation wrote:

Critical x (yy%)

What?

I wasn't criticizing him/his guide. I was pointing out something from his guide something that he missed. Holy crap. People can be so sensitive.

+1 leave the poor guy alone... he was just pointing out a mistake

anyway back on topic... im sure this will help alot of new players out. New players are always on the look for this kind of thing. Good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:29 am 
Ex-Staff

This should be very useful for newbies. Gratz :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:50 am 

nice guide,is easy to read and understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:58 am 
Valued Member

Quote:
They're criticals are wonderful

Their*

ps : im bad ._.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:59 am 
Elite Member

Bow : Uses the Pacheon mastery. Bowmen are famous for their range ability and inability to do well in PvP.

i jumped to see what you were going to say about bowmen before reading any of this and i must say this sentence makes me not want to read anything, sry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:04 pm 
Valued Member

MrFudge wrote:
Bow : Uses the Pacheon mastery. Bowmen are famous for their range ability and inability to do well in PvP.

i jumped to see what you were going to say about bowmen before reading any of this and i must say this sentence makes me not want to read anything, sry.

He said they're famous of their inability to do well, no the fact that they don't do well (because everyone says bowmen suck in 1v1 PvP) Although my sarcasm detector gave a faint signal when i read that passage.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:51 pm 

Ell wrote:
Berserker arrow>strong bow. Also if I'm not mistaken, the bicheon passive raises your blocking percentage.

I will fix that. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for all the overnight feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm 

Very accurate.

Although you say blade is famous for not being able to kill... Though it's true, everyone says they can't kill, they can.

Anyways, great guide, although you shouldn't have said "Str increases critical" you should have said it increases physical attack, and a critical doubles physical damage.

Anyways... Good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:57 pm 
Common Member

nice strength guide..... :D :D :D

IGN:bosbos
Server:Athens
Build:Full Str Blader
lvl:4x
Guild:Hell_Angels

Last edited by micheal_safian on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE]: The STR world : 3 builds, 3 styles
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm 
Ex-Staff

Temptation wrote:
Bowmen are famous for their range ability and inability to do well in PvP.

Just wait until the 90 Cap. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:27 pm 
Ex-Staff

Temptation wrote:
Introduction

You find yourself with this cool weapon, dealing out tons of damage. All this way you have put points into strength while not having a single clue as to what it does and how it is useful. You're taking more damage than others and laugh while they die. How does this happen? Why is putting points into strength different from putting points into intelligence? Here, I'll be explaining what strength is and why it is good.

Terminology

You will see a lot of abbreviations, nicknames, etc. Here are most if not all:
  • STR = Strength
  • INT = Intelligence
  • ATK = Attack
  • HP = Health Points (If this is out, you are dead)
  • MP = Mana Points (If this is out, you cannot use any skills)
  • Pure STR/INT = All points are put into strength or intelligence
  • Tank = Taking in a lot of damage without getting killed
  • SP = Skill points. You need these to get skills
  • Buff = Skills that you cast to increase certain characteristics of your character
  • AoE = Area of Effect (damage transfer)
  • Mob = Monsters

Strength and It's Effects

Strength is a stat point. 3 stat points are given to you at each level, along with 1 stat point in INT and 1 stat point in STR. STR increases your physical damage, physical defense, physical balance, and your overall HP. This means that when using skills that are in your weapon mastery, like anti devil bow or the 3-attack combo for blades, your damage will increase with each STR point. When you are taking in physical damage (slapping, punching, monster attacks that do not look like magic) it will get decreased with every STR point. HP will increase, that's easy. STR is best for critical hits, which are 2 times stronger than your normal attacks but depends on your weapon and it's critical attack rating.

INT increases your magical damage, magical defense, magical balance, and MP. Skills used in your force categories (fire imbue, lightning imbue, cold imbue, nukes) will have increased damage with each INT point. Magical damage done to you will get decreased and MP will increase for ya.

The Strength-Based Builds

There are 3 builds for the STR points
  • Blade : Uses the Bicheon mastery. Blades are famous for their ability to tank and their inability kill. Your main attacks will be the knockdown and stab combos (5th and 6th series down on the bicheon mastery skill listings), which are acquired at lvl 19 bicheon mastery. Chain attacks (3, 4, 5 hits in a row : Located at 2nd series of skills in bicheon mastery skill listing) can be used for training on monsters. Blades also have the ability to cast shield technique (3rd series down) which increases physical defense and can be used only with a shield equipped. This series can save your life in the most difficult situations. Blade Force is a ranged attack (4th series down) and can be used for attracting mobs. The same goes with Sword Dance series (7th series down). Always get your passive (8th series down). It increases your parry ratio (chance of getting the lower end of your enemy's attack damage range.)
  • Glaive : Uses the Heuksal mastery. Glaivers are famous for their ability to dish out a mass number of damage. Your main attacks will be heuksal spear series (3rd series down on listings), the soul departs series (4th series down), and the ghost spear attack series (5th series down). The Heuksal Spear and Soul Departs series are swing attacks, which mean that your character will swing the weapon back then out. These take longer time to cast then the Ghost Spear Attack series, which can be instant and attacks multiple mobs at one time. Glaivers have the option to cast Fanning Spear Series (2nd series down) which increases your magical defense. When fighting nukers, this will reduce their damage a lot. Always get your passive (8th series down). It increases your overall HP.
  • Bow : Uses the Pacheon mastery. Bowmen are famous for their range ability and inability to do well in PvP. Your main attacks will be anti devil bow series (1st series), arrow combo attack series (2nd down), and strong bow series (7th down). You have the option of adding or replacing the strong bow series with explosion arrow series (6th down). Anti devil increases your chance of getting a critical. Arrow combos are useful for getting damage out quickly. Strong bow series is good for, well, strong attacks. Strong Bow also takes longer to cast. Explosion Arrow has AoE and is good for attacking multiple mobs at one time. Bowmen can cast Hawk Training series (3rd series down). The hawk you summon depends on which color. White and blue increase attack rating, which is the chance of doing the higher end of your attack range. Black does damage, but is rarely used in fighting other players. Bowmen can also cast Break Heaven Arrow series (5th series down) which increases range. This is very helpful. Get your passive (8th series down). It increases your attack rating and your blocking percentage.

The Commons of STR Builds
There are many common elements to the 3 STR builds:
  • They will all use fire imbue. The fire imbue will do more damage than the other 2 imbues. The fire mastery tree is considered an aggressive mastery and has much to do with your physical damage, which is the whole idea of STR.
  • They can all take damage well. Since you have a lot of HP, the only thing you need to worry about is MP. Keep casting your skills and you'll do great.
  • Their criticals are wonderful. STR gives higher critical attacks. This means when you do get a critical, the damage will be higher.

The Equipment
This section will be written assuming that you already have a solid handle on equipment.

STR characters usually will wear garment. They already have high physical defense so all they need is magical defense, which is given by garment. A full garment set when worn will give a 20% speed bonus along with a 20% mana consumption reduction. You move 20% faster and use 20% less MP.

Choose your weapon wisely. You want to have a weapon with a great critical attack rating. Critical on a weapon is shown in the following format

Critical x (yy%)

The x can be replaced by any number from 1-20. The higher the better.

Conclusion

This concludes my little spiel about str and it's benefits. Hope you like it. I know I said too much, but it's my thread so yeah. My fingers hurt.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:32 am 
Advanced Member

liquidsmooth wrote:
MegaMan wrote:
Temptation wrote:

Critical x (yy%)

Wow then it might as well not be a forum for discussion, just a post-guides-and-complements forum. Suggestions never really pissed me off when I wrote a guide...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:38 am 
Loyal Member

in your glavie section, add the flying dragon series or replace it with the heuksal spear series, since most people use the ghost spear over it
i also like chains, but u dont have to add that :P

:love: fena

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:56 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Rainigul wrote:

Anyways, great guide, although you shouldn't have said "Str increases critical" you should have said it increases physical attack, and a critical doubles physical damage.

Anyways... Good stuff.

I never really got the critical part. So, if a pure int nuker uses his/her magic attack and it criticals, it won't double the damage done?

-

Nice guide. Clear-cut and easy to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 pm 
micheal_safian wrote:
nice strength guide..... :D :D :D

IGN:bosbos
Server:Athens
Build:Full Str Blader
lvl:4x
Guild:Hell_Angels

way to bring up old posts, its linked XD

@temptation
y u quote it? i dont see any changes in ur quote :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:22 pm 
Casual Member

this is great,in detail i like it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:39 pm 
Banned User

Rainigul wrote:

+1

Temptation wrote:
STR is best for critical hits, which are 2 times stronger than your normal attacks but depends on your weapon and it's critical attack rating.

Not exactly. When you do a critical hit, your PHY damage will be increased by two times, but your TOTAL damage (read MAG + PHY damage) will not be increased by exactly that, because your magical damage won't be increased at all. That's a common error because as the magical damage from pure str's does not greatly affect their damage outcome, it looks like you are doing two times damage.

EDIT: Did not notice this was a old topic, sorry about that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm 
Banned User

detailed and easy understand..good job.. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

great guide