Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:56 am 
Banned User

Guide was terrible >deleted

LEVEL 100 FULL SOSUN ALL BUILDS!! << HAHA I PWNZORDDSS YOU ALL!!! unfortuneatly i quit silkroad because they got hacked

Last edited by willieb3 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Bard/warlock 90 cap
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 am 

Nice guide, tho the lack of support bard skills would sort of limit u in party play.
I'm not a bard/warlock but wouldn't attacking ur enemy like hell b4 the trap explodes be better then waiting for the trap to explode. If tht's not wat u meant, my bad lol

Perhaps u could elaborate a little more on the skills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:40 pm 

a little more effort into it couldnt hurt...
Change the text colours a bit, put pictures etc...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:48 pm 
Banned User

Nitro wrote:
a little more effort into it couldnt hurt...
Change the text colours a bit, put pictures etc...

Im to noob to know how to put pictures :( also i dont know wear to get the pics needed

LEVEL 100 FULL SOSUN ALL BUILDS!! << HAHA I PWNZORDDSS YOU ALL!!! unfortuneatly i quit silkroad because they got hacked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 pm 
Forum God

Nice Guide.
Add some pictures of the skill icons.

Browse through the Bard and Warlock pages here to find what you need... http://sro.mmosite.com/eu/skills/warrior.shtml

Copy the Image location of the skill you want. Then paste it to this thread in the correct location. Highlight the text from the link and hit the "Img" button at the top of the text box when you write something.

Should look something like this...
Image ImageImage Image Bards dream - max all books

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:44 am 
Banned User

Tasdik wrote:
Nice Guide.

Browse through the Bard and Warlock pages here to find what you need... http://sro.mmosite.com/eu/skills/warrior.shtml

Copy the Image location of the skill you want. Then paste it to this thread in the correct location. Highlight the text from the link and hit the "Img" button at the top of the text box when you write something.

On the site he mentioned, right click on the image you want, then click on "Copy image address" (or something like that), and then paste it between these:
Code:
[img][/img]

This is how he made those images appear on his reply, as an example:
Tasdik wrote:
Code:
[img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0101.jpg[/img] [img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0102.jpg[/img][img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0103.jpg[/img]  [img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0104.jpg[/img] [b]Bards dream[/b] - max all books

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:02 am 
Forum God

raphaell666 wrote:
Tasdik wrote:
Nice Guide.

On the site he mentioned, right click on the image you want, then click on "Copy image address" (or something like that), and then paste it between these:
Code:
[img][/img]

This is how he made those images appear on his reply, as an example:
Tasdik wrote:
Code:
[img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0101.jpg[/img] [img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0102.jpg[/img][img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0103.jpg[/img]  [img]http://images.mmosite.com/sro/images/eu/skills/bard/0104.jpg[/img] [b]Bards dream[/b] - max all books

It's Image location ; ).

And thanks for explaining it further. Was in a rush :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:18 pm 
Banned User

will do thanks for the tut:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:18 pm 
Loyal Member

This is a truly useless guide. Every Warlock skill, with the exception of Fog Sight, Curse Sight, Illusion, and Shade Illusion is necessary to play the Warlock class in a party.
  • All dots are needed to get extremely fast zerk. Learn to stack them. More hits = more zerk.
  • Mirage and Phantasma are a Warlock's primary way to deagro and lure mobs. It is one of the best ways to pull mobs from a luring tank as well.
  • Shadow and Dusk Armor... Why the fk wouldn't you get these and max them? More damage output, and more hits = faster zerk.
  • Why would you not max the Red Flower? That is a Warlock's nukes, dumb idea to not get those.
  • Physical Raze and Ravage... not necessary, they are never used in parties and rarely in pvp. Division ftw.

As far as the Bard stuff is concerned, I don't bard. I wouldn't know what is or isn't needed to do it efficiently, but based on the fact that you obviously don't know much about Warlock's, I am gonna assume you might not know much about Bard's either.

Note: I do realize that you are probably trying to show Warlock as the subclass, but even still, the skills you say to ignore, should not be ignored, especially if you plan on partying as a lock. So this isn't a flame, but instead constructive criticism on an obviously inferior build.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:26 pm 
Banned User

Zero_Doom wrote:
This is a truly useless guide. Every Warlock skill, with the exception of Fog Sight, Curse Sight, Illusion, and Shade Illusion is necessary to play the Warlock class in a party.
  • All dots are needed to get extremely fast zerk. Learn to stack them. More hits = more zerk.
  • Mirage and Phantasma are a Warlock's primary way to deagro and lure mobs. It is one of the best ways to pull mobs from a luring tank as well.
  • Shadow and Dusk Armor... Why the fk wouldn't you get these and max them? More damage output, and more hits = faster zerk.
  • Why would you not max the Red Flower? That is a Warlock's nukes, dumb idea to not get those.
  • Physical Raze and Ravage... not necessary, they are never used in parties and rarely in pvp. Division ftw.

As far as the Bard stuff is concerned, I don't bard. I wouldn't know what is or isn't needed to do it efficiently, but based on the fact that you obviously don't know much about Warlock's, I am gonna assume you might not know much about Bard's either.

Note: I do realize that you are probably trying to show Warlock as the subclass, but even still, the skills you say to ignore, should not be ignored, especially if you plan on partying as a lock. So this isn't a flame, but instead constructive criticism on an obviously inferior build.

Your a retard I clearly stated that if you wanted to have a good build that you take red and black options, if you wanted to ONLY be good in SOLO pve then you would take only the black options. As far as I am concerned, physical rave&ravage are of a high use in pve when playing warlock so that tanks can take down. Also if you wanted to lock someone for somebody else then its useful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 pm 
Loyal Member

Lol, have you ever actually played a Warlock? What lvl did you get to? Did you get plvled the whole way, or did you grind to your current lvl by your own hands? If you read my post I stated the flaws in both black and red descriptions. There are only 4 skills that a Warlock absolutely does not need, and 2 skills that are give or take. The rest are necessary to even come close to doing it right.

Now then, I see no reason to flame me for posting criticism (especially that of someone who has played his character, a Warlock, from start 'til now by hand)... I mean, if you can't take criticism, then your gonna be screwed in life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:19 pm 
Common Member

Level as bard? Bard has very fast skills but warlock is faster for lvling...you have awesome dot's and you get berserk faster then a bard which furthers speeds up leveling...why would you choose to lvl as a bard when you can go warlock just doesn't make sense to me.

A high lvl bard though is good for plvling to lvl 40.

空が太陽を抱きまどろむ君は僕に
不屈の美

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 pm 
Valued Member

Is this guide some kind of a joke or what. I play a lockbard and this is really ridicoulus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:12 pm 
Banned User

DonBebek wrote:
Is this guide some kind of a joke or what. I play a lockbard and this is really ridicoulus

post a guide then please , at least I actually took the time to write one ffs if your going to flame a guide then post your own version of what it should be like ofc. I have never seen a guide for this build posted, so I attempted to, I really don't care if you flame it but if your going to sit around and let other do the work and just flame them for it....well you got problems..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:17 pm 
Valued Member

Wow, I just want to ask you 1 question. Why the hell would you use bard in grinding instead of warlock, it doesn't make sense. Warlock has zerk most of the time, grinding with dots as a warlock is much more efficient that bard, you don't see much bard soloing around, if any

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next time you make a guide...Put a little more effort in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:36 pm 
Banned User

im curious to know what lvl ur lock bard is if you even have one because looking at this guide tells me u dont.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 am 
Banned User

whorelock wrote:
im curious to know what lvl ur lock bard is if you even have one because looking at this guide tells me u dont.

an unactive lvl 46 char :) i mainly play on my s/s char the only reason i made this guide is becuase there wasnt one lmao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 am 
Frequent Member

Guides were made to guide ppl. How can u guide ppl when u, urself need a guidance?

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:27 pm 
Loyal Member

Guardia wrote:
Guides were made to guide ppl. How can u guide ppl when u, urself need a guidance?

+1

So you have a lvl 46 character that is inactive and you are trying to tell people how to build for the end game? No wonder your thoughts on the Warlock are so lame, you have no idea about the change in gameplay at around lvl 50.

This guide is fail. xP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:46 am 
Banned User

no shit i wasnt saying i was experienced with one i was jsut looking around at guides and notice that
THERE WERE NO LOCK/BARD GUIDES

so if you post one will be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:56 am 
Valued Member

he's obviously used to solo and wants lock to be his sub rather then main, although dots plus moving march and noise are very damn fast and that would be a faster way to grind.

Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm 
Loyal Member

willieb3 wrote:
no shit i wasnt saying i was experienced with one i was jsut looking around at guides and notice that
THERE WERE NO LOCK/BARD GUIDES

so if you post one will be greatly appreciated

When you make a guide, you are "helping" people with an idea of what will come of the build. Without any actual experience of the skills throughout the build, you are doing nothing more than making assumptions as to what is good and what isn't good. People who have no idea what they are doing, and actually need a guide can do the same damn thing you just did.

I mean, when you were arguing that Physical Raze and Ravage were just super amazing skills, you had no backing evidence to prove to me that they were actually any good. I have used them in both PVE and PVP and know for a fact that they are completely pointless skills, yet your guide dictates that they have a huge impact on what your endgame would be like.

My original post was that of criticism, and was only to try and add to your somewhat lacking guide, but as time has worn on and we discovered that you have nothing more then a lvl 48 character, my posts have turned to flames. Get an idea of a build before you try and make a guide next time. Don't just make one based entirely on guesses that you make from reading the description of skills. You're a moron, that's all I have to say.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 am 
Banned User

willieb3 wrote:
whorelock wrote:

an unactive lvl 46 char :) i mainly play on my s/s char the only reason i made this guide is becuase there wasnt one lmao

yeah it shows the purpouse of a guide is to help people not **** up their characters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:49 pm 
Banned User

Fck this guide people on here are to gay to appreciate anything all they do is flame im not gonna make anymore guides >.<

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:33 am 

mmm just for future reference...

Most euro str chars in 8 man parties are used to tank and lure, and since most people only take warriors, warriors also use vital increase lowering their damage some more. The point is, their purpose is not to deal damage. Sure while every little bit of damage helps, when it comes to party monsters and stuff, for the most part they'll be using shouts to lure and usually use 1h skill so their damage is low anyways, so while every little bit helps, in this case the little bit wont even be noticeable.

As for the warlock itself, in the time it takes to add that one extra useless debuff, the time could be better used putting an aoe dot on another mob effectively getting 3/4 dots on some mobs, helping kill alot faster than the physical debuff would.

Finally while you could argue it helps chinese chars, for the most part chinese also use their imbues so magical damage debuff could suffice.

Anyways while I'd like to thank you for tryin to make a difference on the forums and to help others, perhaps a more thorough understanding of the build would be useful first. Because when it comes to complex builds like warlocks, it requires active playing to figure out. As well for warlocks, ya theres only 2 or 3 skills that arent essential.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]