Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 pm 
Forum Legend

Funny how Venus/Avalon still gets into the nerves of people in GD here, even after its been dead for several months... :roll:

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:14 pm 

Avalon quit SRO and went to Aion months ago. Even their old website is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 pm 
Loyal Member

UnbeatableDevil wrote:
Funny how Venus/Avalon still gets into the nerves of people in GD here, even after its been dead for several months... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:33 pm 
Valued Member

Barotix wrote:
Stop mentioning the names of bots, when I first came to this forum (in 07) I knew about 1 bot. Now I know the name of every bot, loader, and other third party program because of you guys. If I'm browsing through a thread and I see you call a bot or loader by name the first ban will be 24 hours, 2nd time 72 hours, 3rd time will be permanent. The reason? Advertising third party programs. Legit forum, right? Then stop calling them by name. I don't care if XX servers are down, I don't care about it's price or lack of one, and I REALLY don't care about it's functions.

I'm leaving this as a normal post for a week since most people don't read stickies.

Is it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:50 am 
Forum God

yeah it is

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Arcavian wrote:
What is a bot? a robot? like wow i want a robot in my house to do the grinding for me ^_^ click click click, could it do my homework too? Man a back massage would be great atm, its killing me. Plz send me link so i can buy this bot. And is shipping free? XD

WoW doesn't have bots. Thats SRO

wrong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:28 am 
Ex-Staff

ofy1993 wrote:
Truie wrote:

ok they did build a "legit" empire, but this "legit empire" 's leadership was made of rotten botters.

also you're a fucktard for saying that. I was in that movement. You suddenly call about 250-500 legits all bots surely prooves how ignorant you can be. Even if nb and Fly did run 30000 goldbots doesn't make any of us less legit. If you're gonna make accusations, point names. You can't judge a whole group of 500 people just cause you hate 2 people from it.

You sound like a sore-ass. Venus legits **** up your bot or so?

He didn't say that, he said it was lead by 2 botters lol.

I gotta agree with Truie's first post.

Barotix wrote:
Who cares about NB & Fly?

How could you say that. You were the one defending their legitness by calling everyone in GD botters.

Oh and about the calling stuff by their name, I guess it will help a bit but if someone really wants a bot, they will find it through friends or ingame or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 am 
Addicted Member

XMoshe wrote:
Oh and about the calling stuff by their name, I guess it will help a bit but if someone really wants a bot, they will find it through friends or ingame or something.

I agree, it won't stop anyone from getting a bot but perhaps it's just for principle to not name them here on srf in general. At least that's how I see it anyway.

The rest of this topic's discussion is nothing but ghosts and stale farts.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:03 am 

ofy1993 wrote:
Truie wrote:

ok they did build a "legit" empire, but this "legit empire" 's leadership was made of rotten botters.

you're pathetic. they're bots/legits. what do you care? They don't play SRO. They're long gone. Almost everyone has forgotten them. No one even cares. No one even bothers. They don't ever come here. No one from here talks to them.

also you're a fucktard for saying that. I was in that movement. You suddenly call about 250-500 legits all bots surely prooves how ignorant you can be. Even if nb and Fly did run 30000 goldbots doesn't make any of us less legit. If you're gonna make accusations, point names. You can't judge a whole group of 500 people just cause you hate 2 people from it.

You sound like a sore-ass. Venus legits **** up your bot or so?
i wrote, as you just quoted :

"this "legit empire" 's leadership was made of rotten botters."

i also wrote that they exploited the legit community

both statements making it clear that i'm calling the topdogs closet botters, not their devoted members/drones/slaves/brainwashed cattle.

venus pseudo-legits did piss me off as they pissed many people off because these people are good non botting players who dont like to be used, abused and ordered around by dictator-wannabe teenagers.

as for your "why do you care, you're pathetic" tirade, you seem to be caring hard enough for you too to post such an inflamatory response.

And to the guy claiming we shouldnt talk about fly and nb, why not?
some new guy asked about them !
and they're still active, albeit on aion.
and they've left many friends behind.

as for the "mod disrespect" thingy, sometimes you gotta let it all out before trying to smooth the corners.
the mere fact that Barotix didnt delete my post right away is respectable, in my view.

Last edited by Truie on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 am 

Barotix wrote:
Nice attempt to strawman but in my context it makes sense. People try to discredit what they did on Venus by mentioning actions that took place in Xian/Persia/Eldorado. I'm not defending botters, I'm defending Venus. So again, I don't care about Xian/Persia/Eldorado. Nice try though.

I happen to agree with Barotix on that one. They did create a great legit-gameplay movement on Venus although they did it for personal gain and with total despise for the legit people they were using and abusing.

And maybe you don't know, but many botters on venus right now are openly missing them and wishing they'd be back.

I don't. They brought positive things for sure. But I have a feeling the server is getting interesting now that they're gone.

XxDeeDeeDeexX wrote:
I don't understand why you defend iSRO at all though xD. If there truly is a legit in it, I doubt they played for any longer than a few weeks.

excuse me, not to accuse or anything but you seem to really have no clue about what it is to see no point in botting.
i see no point in botting
i know people dont get it but i really dont.
running a bot wouldnt be fun for me, at all.
even getting plvled is barely bearable.

And I meet people like me all the time : people who are looking first and foremost for real parties.
Simply because that's where the fun is !
Not in watching your stats going up nor in having a high lvl FF character.

Zephyrir wrote:
Heh, once a botter is always a botter.

well, add to that that nb wasnt just a botter.
she was a script-writing long term member of (snipped : a very famous hackers forum).

it's not a regular botter we were dealing with there.

it's someone whose entire gaming philosophy is about hacking, cheating and exploiting others.
go watch the videos again if you tend to forget that.

"i bot the shit out of it" (her pet) and so on.

add to that that the official nb and argo/jason policy was "don't ask dont tell" (argo's words to us his guild members) and "i dont care if you bot, just dont get caught" (nb's words in a youtube video)

add to that all the shit i've been talking about
and the whole picture gets different and clearer :

they never were legit players, never intended to
they pulled up a scam to exploit the legit community
and it worked well, but couldnt work forever
as more and more people got aware of their true nature
only the jerks, the naive and the opportunists remained with them at the end
and the empire crumbled down

Last edited by Truie on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 am 

somethings are too good to be true.
and sorry even if nightbloom didnt bot on venus she probably used a loader which is just as bad offence!

Venus is still the most legit server currently but if we truely make a legit server the foundations need to be kept solid. also the best time is in the summer holidays, most people have this time off and a group of us (in euro and ch parties) could quite easily get to 70 in the 2monthes off.
if say... 6 of us new people became bladers we could take like level 60 trade vans and leave them attacking us whilst we went to school or work w.e.

we would also need to share gold and items to keep the econamy down and as a union raise the econamy so we become rich enough to support our grinding.

then we will need to make sure we got hold of the fortress first, after that an income will be slow but stable.

We then need to create a sort of system that filters legit and botters. maybe in another 2 monthes we could get to 80+ and hunt botters that crept in, we would need to moniter new and up coming top players legit or bot to see how progress is coming without the common botting crouds.

Venus did this well. but foundations broke when SRA came clean. it was because of Fly Nightbloom and a few others in which Venus became just another server.
ofc we miss them, but rules are rules and legits are strong enough to punish those cheating. it takes too much effort to continue on in such a way, we would need a few very strict grinders

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:08 pm 
Dom's Slut

Trae wrote:
CrimsonNuker wrote:
Arcavian wrote:
What is a bot? a robot? like wow i want a robot in my house to do the grinding for me ^_^ click click click, could it do my homework too? Man a back massage would be great atm, its killing me. Plz send me link so i can buy this bot. And is shipping free? XD

WoW doesn't have bots. Thats SRO

wrong

Even if they do; how often do you see one? Close to never.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:35 pm 
Advanced Member

Why don't you censor all bot names? Like you do with the word "fucking", instead it comes up as Farking.

Retired from SRO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 pm 

You guys really love to talk bullshit and make drama don't you? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 pm 
Frequent Member

Picazo wrote:
You guys really love to talk bullshit and make drama don't you? :roll:

welcome to srf

While i don't find:
VINDICTUS - Kalkin - lvl 30 Lann - West Server

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:20 pm 

If you decide to play Aion. Just a suggestion to play without idiotic drama and bitchiness don't play on the same server as Avalon. Seriously, avoid their server like the plague, just pretend if you ever have to play on that server, would be the same as slamming an axe through your head and then pouring acid on your eyeballs.

Go play with dEranged instead :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:11 pm 

Wello27 wrote:
If you decide to play Aion. Just a suggestion to play without idiotic drama and bitchiness don't play on the same server as Avalon. Seriously, avoid their server like the plague, just pretend if you ever have to play on that server, would be the same as slamming an axe through your head and then pouring acid on your eyeballs.

I have no plans on playing Aion since it's not free, that I know of anyway... If I did, I'd be sure to play on the same server with Avalon. I might even join their guild, if I was playing that is.

How's that for ya? :)

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:22 pm 

PR0METHEUS wrote:
Wello27 wrote:

I have no plans on playing Aion since it's not free, that I know of anyway... If I did, I'd be sure to play on the same server with Avalon. I might even join their guild, if I was playing that is.

you best be trollin'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:23 am 
Loyal Member

As of when is there a quick reply option.

AWESOME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:28 am 

voldemort, voldemort, voldemort...

there i said it, nothing bad gonna happen cuz i said it

:roll:

y fear the topic of taboo, the 1st step to stopping something is to be aware of it and acknowledge it as a problem (i'm pretty sure that's the steps ppl take in real life to stop alcohol/drug abuse)

lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:33 am 

HBblade wrote:
voldemort, voldemort, voldemort...

there i said it, nothing bad gonna happen cuz i said it

:roll:

y fear the topic of taboo, the 1st step to stopping something is to be aware of it and acknowledge it as a problem (i'm pretty sure that's the steps ppl take in real life to stop alcohol/drug abuse)

lol

Discussing about botting isn't taboo, it is against the rules of this forum is it not? You can acknowledge it as a problem in general. There's absolutely no need nor reason to get into the specifics. I find it disturbing, now and again I learn about new bot names from this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:42 am 

zShared wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
Wello27 wrote:

you best be trollin'

No not at all. I personally have no problems with them. They have never done anything bad to me. All I hear about them is complaints, but I've never seen anything myself. I'm not the type of person to hate people or avoid them just because a bunch of people say to do so. They let me into Avalon on Venus when I was about level 5 and everyone else was lvl 70+ or so even though I was extremely inactive and never complained about my slow leveling or anything. I don't see any reason to not join again.

Then again, I'm not playing Aion, so I can't join anyway.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 am 
Ex-Staff

Bump

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:28 am 

zShared wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
Wello27 wrote:
text :)

you best be trollin'

They see you trollin'.. they hatin'!..
Trying to catch you trollin' the thread..

Lvl 91 Nuker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:55 pm 
Valued Member

blah blah blah avalon bots blah blah theyll do the same in aion blah blah <insert bot names here> blah

Lvl 100 | S/S Nuker | Active
Lvl 98 | Bard Warlock | Active | Full Farmed
Lvl 93 | Bower | Active
Lvl 89 | 7:1 Spear | Active
Lvl 100 | Force Glavie | Active
Lvl 92 | Warrior Cleric | Active | Full Farmed
LEGIT 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:50 pm 
Valued Member

pr0klobster wrote:
Not this crap again.

Can we just agree to NOT discuss certain topics like Fly and NB?

As for Barotix, he's got a darn good point. Nobody would know the names of bots if people didn't post them.

Guess in EB we will just have to point out the bot and not how people know WHY it's a bot.

guys thats absolutly not true, anyone who plays sro and asks a botter about bots will get all the information he/she needs, not talking about the actual programs does absolutly nothing

98% of the teenage population put something gay like "98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.".
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am 
Site Contributor

CeLL wrote:
ofy1993 wrote:
You suddenly call about 250-500 legits all bots surely prooves how ignorant you can be.

yes, its truly ignorant to go around and call people bots for no reason... the aforemented duo and their party posse never went around and did that for no reason ever.

the 250-500 people werent the problem, it was the puppet masters who held the strings that were the problem.

Wut wut wut? I heard my name? :D

Who cares, btw, forums are forums, they provide information whether your legit or not, so just simply who cares, but I dont post here often enough to count so what ever, im gonna continue my trolling around the forums, posting here and there.

Cheerios!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 pm 

i think this is silly... the emphasis SRF puts on all the anti bot anti and third party programs would peak someones curiosity, prompting a google search of "Silkroad Online Bots" which as can be seen HERE gives much information on bots... So with all due respect. SRF mods and admins have done themselves in on this subject.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:51 am 

_c0nflict_ wrote:
i think this is silly... the emphasis SRF puts on all the anti bot anti and third party programs would peak someones curiosity, prompting a google search of "Silkroad Online Bots" which as can be seen HERE gives much information on bots... So with all due respect. SRF mods and admins have done themselves in on this subject.

If people want to find out about bots and other third party programs, they'll learn about them from here or from any other SRO forum out there. Even just doing a Google search on 'Silkroad Online' will likely return countless results for gold sites or bot sites or other things.

SRF can either allow discussion of these things to occur, or lock down on it and punish people for using these programs, or perhaps, talking about them. The second approach will at least let the SRF users (who choose to search for these items) know that it is unacceptable and they are not welcome here if they use them.

SRF can't directly change what happens on the iSRO servers, but it can do whatever it is capable of doing to keep those types of users from being a part of the SRF community. I believe THAT is the goal of the SRF team. Keep the SRF community 'clean', not the game servers.

If they just let these conversations happen, we'll just be another bot/cheater infested forum like all the others.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:17 pm 

PR0METHEUS wrote:
If they just let these conversations happen, we'll just be another bot/cheater infested forum like all the others.

lol... something tells me we already are, regardless.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next