Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Silkroad on a Mac =)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:31 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hello all, just really wanted to say thankyou to all who have participated and helped in this topic now silkroad is running on my mac! I still have a little problem though, I followed the guide and installed SRO through the crossfire games program and it worked fine even followed instructions to get rid of the white screen. However, i'm finding it is quite laggy and after a while the game freezes, this freeze is random sometimes it occurs after 10mins, sometimes an hour. But it always happens. However, I know that I stay logged in despite the freeze, I dont get logged out just everything stops working and the screen is stuck.

Any tips or reason why this could be happening? also any tips for sorting out lag? I'm running it on a new mac book pro which is less than a month old, I would've thought that could handle it. Still any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh and first post! woohoo!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 am 

luckylefty wrote:
Hello all, just really wanted to say thankyou to all who have participated and helped in this topic now silkroad is running on my mac! I still have a little problem though, I followed the guide and installed SRO through the crossfire games program and it worked fine even followed instructions to get rid of the white screen. However, i'm finding it is quite laggy and after a while the game freezes, this freeze is random sometimes it occurs after 10mins, sometimes an hour. But it always happens. However, I know that I stay logged in despite the freeze, I dont get logged out just everything stops working and the screen is stuck.

Any tips or reason why this could be happening? also any tips for sorting out lag? I'm running it on a new mac book pro which is less than a month old, I would've thought that could handle it. Still any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh and first post! woohoo!

The only thing I can think of really is set your SRO in-game graphics to the lowest setting available for each thing (water reflection, draw distances, textures, matalic sheen, etc...) Then if that works fine, start increasing different things until you find a setting that looks good but doesn't freeze.

A lot of people find that if you have shadows enabled, it causes problems. Detailed shadows works GREAT on my system (Linux not OS X).

Water Reflection causes some problems for me, but not to the point where it freezes the screen.

There might just be one of those settings above that Crossfire (or OS X's video drivers) can't handle properly and it may be overheating your video card causing it to freeze.

Just some thoughts.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 am 
Common Member

i also did everything you said but with me it says when i press start run silkroad.exe(error)

---|||---|||---Signature if
---|||---|||---you know
----\\\-///----someone
-----\\///-----who died
------///\-----of
-----///\\\----cancer

Kill Shaitan[x]
soX drop 9 dgr[x]
85+7[x](+8)^^ failed+9
get 90[x]
full farmed[x]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 pm 
Casual Member

can anyone tell me how to get it to play on a powerpc G4 10.5 leopard? i can't use wine cause this isn't a intel based mac and if crossover does work and someone has it already and don't mind uploading it to a site for me to download it then i need some way to play it on here

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm 
Veteran Member

vegetto71 wrote:
can anyone tell me how to get it to play on a powerpc G4 10.5 leopard? i can't use wine cause this isn't a intel based mac and if crossover does work and someone has it already and don't mind uploading it to a site for me to download it then i need some way to play it on here

what gpu you have in your G4?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 pm 
Casual Member

ati radeon 96000 512mb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:42 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Umm..everything seem to be fine but like after playing for awhile, it crashes and this window pops up saying error wit a bunch of other crap. Any advie?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5