Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stop naming third party programs.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:01 pm 
Addicted Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
If they just let these conversations happen, we'll just be another bot/cheater infested forum like all the others.

lol... something tells me we already are, regardless.

Dude srsly, go to Silkroad Tavern. It's pure ass.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:53 am 

Sacchin wrote:
_c0nflict_ wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
If they just let these conversations happen, we'll just be another bot/cheater infested forum like all the others.

lol... something tells me we already are, regardless.

Dude srsly, go to Silkroad Tavern. It's pure ass.

What does that at all have to do with what we are talking abt?
SRF is the best Silkroad forum. period. but i refuse to believe that many of the "pure legits" on here are really what they say they are. Call me cynical but thats how i feel.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 am 
Addicted Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:
SRF is the best Silkroad forum. period. but i refuse to believe that many of the "pure legits" on here are really what they say they are. Call me cynical but thats how i feel.

It has to do with your comment. Compare Tavern to srf. Enough said.

To be honest I think most of the "true legits" on srf either quit, moved to a dif ver of sro or play a dif mmo, so all this "LAWL SRF IS ALL CLOSET BOTTERZ LAWL" nonsense is old and tiring. No I'm not saying I believe no one here is not guilty. But the majority I believe is. At least, most of who I talk to.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 am 

Sacchin wrote:
_c0nflict_ wrote:

It has to do with your comment. Compare Tavern to srf. Enough said.

To be honest I think most of the "true legits" on srf either quit, moved to a dif ver of sro or play a dif mmo, so all this "LAWL SRF IS ALL CLOSET BOTTERZ LAWL" nonsense is old and tiring. No I'm not saying I believe no one here is not guilty. But the majority I believe is. At least, most of who I talk to.

so do you agree or disagree with me...

your post didnt make much sense. lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 am 
Addicted Member

I agree with PR0METHEUS D:

SRF to me, feels nothing like those other forums, the mods here care. At least it's the impression I get from them.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 am 

Sacchin wrote:

SRF to me, feels nothing like those other forums, the mods here care. At least it's the impression I get from them.

lol the reason this one feels better to you is because it has a very active community and ACTUAL admins and mods...

If tavern does, you dont notice... But that has nothing to do with how they shoot themselves in the foot over this whole botting issue that in reality, is just an attempt by some to try and control what they cannot, and that being joymax. Weather or not a person bots does not make what they have to say any less credible when it comes to advice giving or being part of an active community. In fact they just create this over hyped feeling and constant "look over your shoulder" mentality because something you say can get you banned bc you may posibly, is someones perspective promote or admit to botting.

and honestly... exposed botters? thats childish, pathetic, and pointless. Yes lets go back to the third grade and tattle on very well respected members or those who contribute alot or even those with the potential to contribute alot. It does more damage then good, and does NOTHING to accomplish its intended goal.

Thats my view, take it or leave it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 am 
Addicted Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Sacchin wrote:

lol the reason this one feels better to you is because it has a very active community and ACTUAL admins and mods...

If tavern does, you dont notice... But that has nothing to do with how they shoot themselves in the foot over this whole botting issue that in reality, is just an attempt by some to try and control what they cannot, and that being joymax. Weather or not a person bots does not make what they have to say any less credible when it comes to advice giving or being part of an active community. In fact they just create this over hyped feeling and constant "look over your shoulder" mentality because something you say can get you banned bc you may posibly, is someones perspective promote or admit to botting.

and honestly... exposed botters? thats childish, pathetic, and pointless. Yes lets go back to the third grade and tattle on very well respected members or those who contribute alot or even those with the potential to contribute alot. It does more damage then good, and does NOTHING to accomplish its intended goal.

Thats my view, take it or leave it.

I've been to tavern before srf for a long time. I always hated it. The mods are retards and the community is dog shit. I only stayed there because Jackal and all his fangirl posse were there (>_>;;..) It might as well be a bot forum.

I like exposed botters section. Why? Because almost every person that's been exposed was a pure breed egotistic didlo I hated anyway and the reason I stopped coming here for quite a long time. Good riddance to liars. If you bot, fine, don't talk about it or prance around like you're some legit savior. Most denied botting and claimed otherwise, that's respectable to you? I don't care how much they contributed. I respected none except a very small amount that went out quietly and/or maturely.

Honestly I don't even pay attention to the sro part of srf anymore. I only started really appreciating and getting to know the community when I quit sro.

And no, I'm not talking about any particular group or person. For the sake of saving my ass from flames.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:53 am 

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Sacchin wrote:

If tavern does, you dont notice... But that has nothing to do with how they shoot themselves in the foot over this whole botting issue that in reality, is just an attempt by some to try and control what they cannot, and that being joymax.

SRF Mod Team, to my knowledge, never made any claims that they were trying to control Joymax by being so anti-bot here and opening the EB section. However, SRF mods are trying to control something they CAN control, at least mostly... and that is to control SRF. That is the goal. If SRF's actions against SRF botters has any possible effect on Joymax or the in game environment, that is just a side effect.

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Weather or not a person bots does not make what they have to say any less credible when it comes to advice giving or being part of an active community.

Usually in most communities, if a person breaks the rules of that community, then anything they say or do tends to lose credibility. Do you hold a mechanic who steals parts, charges extremely high prices, and somehow fakes his way through fixing your car to the same high regard as the honest helpful mechanic who always has fair prices and gets the job done?

_c0nflict_ wrote:
In fact they just create this over hyped feeling and constant "look over your shoulder" mentality because something you say can get you banned bc you may posibly, is someones perspective promote or admit to botting.

If you don't bot, cheat, scam, or anything else that is against the rules of SRF, you shouldn't HAVE to "look over your shoulder". So what are you worried about?

_c0nflict_ wrote:
and honestly... exposed botters? thats childish, pathetic, and pointless. Yes lets go back to the third grade and tattle on very well respected members or those who contribute alot or even those with the potential to contribute alot.

If someone is breaking rules, especially the "bad" rules, why not expose them? It doesn't matter how much they contribute. Rules are rules.

_c0nflict_ wrote:
It does more damage then good, and does NOTHING to accomplish its intended goal.

Again, you need to learn what the real goal is here. Keep SRF clean, not SRO.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:01 pm 

Quote:
SRF Mod Team, to my knowledge, never made any claims that they were trying to control Joymax by being so anti-bot here and opening the EB section. However, SRF mods are trying to control something they CAN control, at least mostly... and that is to control SRF. That is the goal. If SRF's actions against SRF botters has any possible effect on Joymax or the in game environment, that is just a side effect.

Allright, but if SRO was not overrun with bots, would SRF feel the need to react this way? No. They don't have to claim it. Its basic human psychology, something i cant control upsets me, so im going to control what i can, even if it has NOTHING to do with what i cant control. Like any SRF actions will affect Joymax, thatd take an act of god.

Quote:
Usually in most communities, if a person breaks the rules of that community, then anything they say or do tends to lose credibility. Do you hold a mechanic who steals parts, charges extremely high prices, and somehow fakes his way through fixing your car to the same high regard as the honest helpful mechanic who always has fair prices and gets the job done?

lol, i laugh at your ignorance. Your analogy doesnt even connect to our situation. Let me make it better for you. If a mechanic understood everything that was going on in his project well enough to be a contributing member to his field, yet used a ROBOT to make his labor on vehicles easier, yes i would still respect him. Most cars are produced by manned robots, even some surgeons use them for surgery now. So fail on your analogy. lol

Quote:
If you don't bot, cheat, scam, or anything else that is against the rules of SRF, you shouldn't HAVE to "look over your shoulder". So what are you worried about?

Here we go again, the typical SRF insinuation that i bot or cheat. lol, your prove my point for me homes. This occurs frequently in SRF, you gonna go tattle on me in EB. lol.

Quote:

And again, you need to learn that if SRO were clean, SRF would not be doing this, would not have the EB section, and would not have uselessly and pointlessly banned members. Its pointless. SRF should not try to control something within the forum that really has ZERO affect on the forum itself.

You also need to learn when your out of your league, and when not to tell someone what they need to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:57 pm 

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Allright, but if SRO was not overrun with bots, would SRF feel the need to react this way? No. They don't have to claim it. Its basic human psychology, something i cant control upsets me, so im going to control what i can, even if it has NOTHING to do with what i cant control. Like any SRF actions will affect Joymax, thatd take an act of god.

Even if SRF only had 5 bots in total across all 35+ servers, those botters and their friends, and botters from other games, etc, could congregate at SRF to promote botting in games in general. So of course the bot situation in SRF doesn't (or doesn't have to) have anything to do with the bot situation in SRO. Fact remains that there's a bot situation in SRF, and the SRF mod team wants to do something about it. It is well within their right to do so regardless of the situation in the game.

_c0nflict_ wrote:
lol, i laugh at your ignorance. Your analogy doesnt even connect to our situation. Let me make it better for you. If a mechanic understood everything that was going on in his project well enough to be a contributing member to his field, yet used a ROBOT to make his labor on vehicles easier, yes i would still respect him. Most cars are produced by manned robots, even some surgeons use them for surgery now. So fail on your analogy. lol

My analogy works just fine. Of course mechanics can use robots to aid them in their work... because robots are accepted as part of the trade. If most of the "real" mechanics, and even some organization that makes rules for the mechanics trade said that the use of robots in mechanic shops is against the rules, or unacceptable - no matter if they enforce it or not - then it SHOULD be unacceptable by other mechanics in the field. We as car owners shouldn't hold the "cheating" robot mechanics to the same regard as the "real" mechanics because robots are "forbidden".

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Quote:

Here we go again, the typical SRF insinuation that i bot or cheat. lol, your prove my point for me homes. This occurs frequently in SRF, you gonna go tattle on me in EB. lol.

I was not even attempting to accuse you of botting or any other thing. I was simply saying that assuming you're not, you shouldn't have anything to worry about with getting caught. Just play the game the way you do and life goes on.

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Quote:

And again, you need to learn that if SRO were clean, SRF would not be doing this, would not have the EB section, and would not have uselessly and pointlessly banned members. Its pointless. SRF should not try to control something within the forum that really has ZERO affect on the forum itself.

You also need to learn when your out of your league, and when not to tell someone what they need to learn.

The atmosphere around here at SRF is different since the closet botters have been banned, whether that atmosphere is better or worse, it has had an effect.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm 
Veteran Member

_c0nflict_, why don't you just GTFO? Seriously.

If you think the anti-bot theme around here is too much and you feel the need to express yourself, go to another forum and spam there. This forum was made to be a "legit" haven. Even if everyone here was a closet botter or don't play anymore, it's a place where the rule is you can't talk about botting or cheating in SRO so new players wanting to play legit can ask for help. SRF is also one of the biggest forums where the community knows what they're doing since we've all played this game at some point. I'll admit, most people here quit or only log on to pvp like me, and the other half are hiding in the closet, but the magic of SRF is that it is made to appear legit. So any new players or legit players that want to find people they can talk to can come here. It's to help those who are legit feel a sense of community when the game itself is filled with nothing but cheaters. Sure we're reducing the size of our community by banning exposed botters, but it's because SRF doesn't want to end up being another forum where people come in and ask questions about how to cheat. This is meant to be a forum about playing SRO... with your hands. I personally feel that it shouldn't matter if you are a closet or a legit, just as long as you don't mention bots, promote botting, or complain about how your bot got you screwed, in any way should be alright, but I'll digress. This was talked about enough in another topic before.

In short, SRF has an anti-bot policy to try to create a legit community for oldies and newbies and to prevent people from coming in here and spamming stupid questions about their "programs."

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 pm 
Addicted Member

Goseki wrote:

If you think the anti-bot theme around here is too much and you feel the need to express yourself, go to another forum and spam there. This forum was made to be a "legit" haven. Even if everyone here was a closet botter or don't play anymore, it's a place where the rule is you can't talk about botting or cheating in SRO so new players wanting to play legit can ask for help. SRF is also one of the biggest forums where the community knows what they're doing since we've all played this game at some point. I'll admit, most people here quit or only log on to pvp like me, and the other half are hiding in the closet, but the magic of SRF is that it is made to appear legit. So any new players or legit players that want to find people they can talk to can come here. It's to help those who are legit feel a sense of community when the game itself is filled with nothing but cheaters. Sure we're reducing the size of our community by banning exposed botters, but it's because SRF doesn't want to end up being another forum where people come in and ask questions about how to cheat. This is meant to be a forum about playing SRO... with your hands. I personally feel that it shouldn't matter if you are a closet or a legit, just as long as you don't mention bots, promote botting, or complain about how your bot got you screwed, in any way should be alright, but I'll digress. This was talked about enough in another topic before.

In short, SRF has an anti-bot policy to try to create a legit community for oldies and newbies and to prevent people from coming in here and spamming stupid questions about their "programs."

I agree. One question.

Why is this in your sig then?

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:33 pm 

Goseki wrote:

lol... Its not the FORUM that i dislike, its douchebags like you who think they are all high and mighty and try to get people in trouble like you did on that last thread where we met. Why dont you GTFO your high horse and stop trollin the threads where i post? This is a FORUM where im allowed to discuss the posts and then recieve feedback, just like me a prometheus were doing here.

And trust me, i fully understand the whole not wanting to have people nonstop posting about there bots and programs here. Restricting discussion like that is perfectly fine. However, SFR goes to far, by banning those who participate in the cheating, even if they dont talk about it! They even set up a section devoted to members exposing other members in a useless and pointless manner, causing, ironically, exactly what your sig is all about. All of that combined causes the loss of good members with a lot of experience, a forum that is full of closet botters, and people like you who troll threads looking for someone to insinuate as a botter or program user.

My problem is not the fact that this forum desires to be about the game, and not botting. (thats what elitepvpers is for) My problem is, the EXACT thing that your sig states. Which i find a bit confusing. But i will add to my sig.

thats how i feel, and im done fighting about it. lets talk about sro now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:10 am 
Addicted Member

Barotix wrote:
Stop naming third party programs.

Pretty sure Barotix was telling and not asking.

/thread?

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 am 

Sacchin wrote:
Barotix wrote:

/thread?

fail post, that has nothing to do with what me and Goseki were talking about...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:13 am 
Addicted Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:
Sacchin wrote:
Barotix wrote:

/thread?

fail post, that has nothing to do with what me and Goseki were talking about...

And that's why I didn't quote either of you, take a chill pill little buddy. I thought you said you were done with this argument anyway?

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 am 

im not your little buddy...

and i am. but your post did fail.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 am 
Addicted Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:

What are you the post police? I fail yet I didn't quote you and you failed to notice that?

I like you, I want you to be my little buddy =)

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:42 am 
Veteran Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:

Did your parents drop you when you were little? Or you just have a problem?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:40 am 
Veteran Member

Well you seem to be new here Conflict, so here's the rundown. Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, Suicide Girl ran SRF and put the community up to a vote. Create an EB botter and be super tight-ass and ban anyone that shows signs of using a bot or admits to botting, or let it go and allow botters to use SRF. The community voted and EB botters was established. If Barotix wants, he could prob make a new poll and see what the current community wants, but for old time's sake, it's just being left like it is. Although if you haven't noticed, most of the topics in EB are pretty old now. Which means Botters realize that botting = ban on SRF, or not many go to SRF anymore.

It's true we got many good members banned from SRF, although now-a-days, it's mostly newbies that have no clue what the rule is here, and post stupid topics like, Help my XXX-bot won't work, do you guys have that issue too bros, and get banned.

And I'll post wherever I want to, I posted in the other topics first oh smart one, and this thread was made a few mins after a certain post of mine where I mentioned that the irony of SRF was that this was where I learned so much about botting, the different types and names, and its signs which I assumed was why Baro made it.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:07 am 

Goseki wrote:
Well you seem to be new here Conflict, so here's the rundown. Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, Suicide Girl ran SRF and put the community up to a vote. Create an EB botter and be super tight-ass and ban anyone that shows signs of using a bot or admits to botting, or let it go and allow botters to use SRF. The community voted and EB botters was established. If Barotix wants, he could prob make a new poll and see what the current community wants, but for old time's sake, it's just being left like it is. Although if you haven't noticed, most of the topics in EB are pretty old now. Which means Botters realize that botting = ban on SRF, or not many go to SRF anymore.

It's true we got many good members banned from SRF, although now-a-days, it's mostly newbies that have no clue what the rule is here, and post stupid topics like, Help my XXX-bot won't work, do you guys have that issue too bros, and get banned.

And I'll post wherever I want to, I posted in the other topics first oh smart one, and this thread was made a few mins after a certain post of mine where I mentioned that the irony of SRF was that this was where I learned so much about botting, the different types and names, and its signs which I assumed was why Baro made it.

ok, i understand... How i feel is valid then in your eyes? I dont care much anyways. I like this forum and i like posting and learning new stuff. Sorry for being a dick abt how i felt. Ill shut up now and go talk abt SRO, and learn some sig makin stuff. i think thatd be cool.

sorry again.

Kirkaldi wrote:
_c0nflict_ wrote:

Did your parents drop you when you were little? Or you just have a problem?

**** you.... Im not apologising for that either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:24 am 
Veteran Member

_c0nflict_ wrote:
ok, i understand... How i feel is valid then in your eyes? I dont care much anyways. I like this forum and i like posting and learning new stuff. Sorry for being a dick abt how i felt. Ill shut up now and go talk abt SRO, and learn some sig makin stuff. i think thatd be cool.

sorry again.

Eh, I use to feel the same, now it's just meh. This forum has a countdown timer, just like the game itself, at least GD does anyways. If you look at this topic, you get why after awhile of chilling and letting things slide, it does get kinda annoying: http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118254

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:20 pm 
Addicted Member

Oh I just remembered something.

Didn't half of the banned "respected" members make their own forum specifically to mock srf and it's mods for banning them and being against botting?

lol EB <3

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:11 am 

Sacchin wrote:

Didn't half of the banned "respected" members make their own forum specifically to mock srf and it's mods for banning them and being against botting?

lol EB <3

I don't know if they did or not, but a lot of the "respected" members exposed themselves and asked for a ban. Sometimes the exposure may have been a lie, sometimes they really were botting, but a lot of them asked for it.

For a long time, SRF let botters hang around because they didn't 'cause trouble' or talk about their bots. SRF members cried and complained about the mods playing favorites, etc. They turn around and ban anyone who is exposed (by themselves or others) and people cry and complain about "respected" members being banned. You can't have it both ways. Either the mods 'play favorites' by keeping the 'nice knowledgeable' botters, or they play no favorites and ban everyone who is exposed.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:46 am 
Addicted Member

PR0METHEUS wrote:
Sacchin wrote:

lol EB <3

I don't know if they did or not, but a lot of the "respected" members exposed themselves and asked for a ban. Sometimes the exposure may have been a lie, sometimes they really were botting, but a lot of them asked for it.

For a long time, SRF let botters hang around because they didn't 'cause trouble' or talk about their bots. SRF members cried and complained about the mods playing favorites, etc. They turn around and ban anyone who is exposed (by themselves or others) and people cry and complain about "respected" members being banned. You can't have it both ways. Either the mods 'play favorites' by keeping the 'nice knowledgeable' botters, or they play no favorites and ban everyone who is exposed.

That forum had Megumi or whatever, fat_smurf, Mew etc. "lifes-a-bitch" I believe the forum was called. I dunno. To me, they are far from respectable, I don't care if they contributed or not. I remember hating it here because of them. Sure there are plenty that went out willingly and with dignity who are worth respecting. They were a bunch that did not.

Cya 'round - Sacchin~

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:02 am 

IMO it doesn't really matter, if someone wants to know then google is their friend

Edit: OK i couldn't really type right so just editing my post, people don't need to know the bot names, on google they can just type in "silkroad bot" and get to know names that way, so imo it doesn't matter

Level:78
Build:Warrior
Guild:SuddenDeath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 pm 
Casual Member

LOL after returning to this forums from a 2-3year absense....you guys are still alking about the same Stuff, Botters and NB and Fly, guess some things never change ^^

Long live Venice & BloodLine :dope:

Lvl 80 FF Pure Str Blader - Volatile - Retired.
Lvl 80 FF Cleric/Sin - Marz - Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 pm 
Valued Member

PR0METHEUS wrote:
Sacchin wrote:

lol EB <3

Sounds alot like JM and the players. All ppl cry about full servers and goldbots. Now when JM found a way to get rid of the GBs. People cry about empty/dead servers when servers are easy/populated lol.

People who play this game will always be the same, no matter what >.<

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:22 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Aye , Sir !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm 
Veteran Member

I thought Baro locked this topic ages ago...

Spoiler!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next