Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3
Location: In Her Dreams :P
Not sure if this is the right place to post but.. Do you think SRF members should be banned if ''Caught buying gold or seen with screenies of large amounts'' After all buying gold is supporting 3rd party program users such as Thepowerlevel etc..
'

_________________
Image
-Can't remember who made :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:58 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9498
Location: Plymouth, University
about the same as botting, so why dont you just post it in exposed botters section

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1771
Location: Completely in flux
"Screenies of large amounts" - LOL, not everyone can be accused of buying gold because they have a lot. Buy low sell high, make stones, do lots of trades, grind a lot, and you'll have enough gold until you get high level. Even then - say you're moving from 9d stuff to 10d. A fb +4/+5 set is going to fetch a lot of gold.

Anyway, I don't remember seeing it against the forum rules, if a mod could clarify.

edit:

here be the rules reprinted:

Revised at 08/01/2010. - Ru

Silkroad Forum Rules

* Do not double post. Edit your last post.
* Do not 'bump' more than once a day.
* Do not use excessive language.
* Do not flame or personally attack others.
* Do not spam the forum with pointless threads/posts.
* Show respect for all moderators at all times.
* Speak English.


Silkroad Forums strictly prohibits the following:

* Sale of digital items, gold or accounts for cash value.
* Third party programs, ie bot programs, which grant you an unfair advantage over others. Using and/or supporting these will result in a permanent ban.
* Inappropriate content or materials.
* Advertising and spam in forums or chat channels.


Silkroadforums.com strictly prohibits cracks, keygens, torrents, bypassing trial versions of softwares and other methods of illegal activities. These posts will be edited or removed without discussion.

Silkroadforums.com prohibits copyright violations of artwork and other materials in the Artists Corner.
Claiming the work of someone else to be your own will result in a permanent ban.

These rules are in place to generally keep these forums clean and a positive environment for all users. In violation of a rule, depending which one, you can be warned, receive a temporary or a permanent ban.

_________________
Image

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:59 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13201
Location: Life
That would be almost impossible to police. Some people actually do work for their obscene amount of gold. While others, do in fact buy gold. It's to hard to tell which is which and so, impossible to enforce. Hence the reason why it isn't a rule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:01 am 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1730
Location: home
Tasdik wrote:
That would be almost impossible to police. Some people actually do work for their obscene amount of gold. While others, do in fact buy gold. It's to hard to tell which is which and so, impossible to enforce. Hence the reason why it isn't a rule.

loves the way you say police and this.. i know some friend who used to buy npc stuff and FB and + it he made 17 bil.. in a couple of month

_________________
Image

Spoiler!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:04 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9498
Location: Plymouth, University
it not that hard to police gold is easy to make yes but its catching those people interacting with the gold selling chars dunno if its changed but the ones spamming where the middle men you get the gold from them nd they get the gold from an unknown char nether the less if you had proof no harm posting it

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm 
Site Contributor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2079
Location: Looking for my signature....
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
it not that hard to police gold is easy to make yes but its catching those people interacting with the gold selling chars dunno if its changed but the ones spamming where the middle men you get the gold from them nd they get the gold from an unknown char nether the less if you had proof no harm posting it


So your saying if someone buy's a character (not form srf) and posts a screenie, with that character that has 200 bil gold in his storage, and he is level 110 fully farmed with 5mil sp left, since he bought it he should be banned, because that character has had previous experiences with buying gold and botting? But what if the owner is just filthy rich, and buys that character for 750$?

What would srf say if for example a member bought 3 bil from another player and not from a gold bot website? Would that be against the rules? It's not buying from a gold bot company...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:15 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9498
Location: Plymouth, University
Master_of_Puppets wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
it not that hard to police gold is easy to make yes but its catching those people interacting with the gold selling chars dunno if its changed but the ones spamming where the middle men you get the gold from them nd they get the gold from an unknown char nether the less if you had proof no harm posting it


So your saying if someone buy's a character (not form srf) and posts a screenie, with that character that has 200 bil gold in his storage, and he is level 110 fully farmed with 5mil sp left, since he bought it he should be banned, because that character has had previous experiences with buying gold and botting? But what if the owner is just filthy rich, and buys that character for 750$?

What would srf say if for example a member bought 3 bil from another player and not from a gold bot website? Would that be against the rules? It's not buying from a gold bot company...


buying a character, buying or trading gold are all against the tos and afaik any violation of the silkroad tos is against srf rules, whether they can be proven or not is different, correct me if im wrong though but iv been here a while and this is what iv always known

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:22 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2076
Location: ☮☮☮
Maybe if a well-known user is seen in a stall buying gold from a notably popular gold-selling site?

Ofcourse, sufficient proof would need to be shown.(I.E. a screenshot of the stall chat where it says [XPlayer] has bought 1 HP Potion for [1,000,000,000 Gold].)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9498
Location: Plymouth, University
Kraq wrote:
Maybe if a well-known user is seen in a stall buying gold from a notably popular gold-selling site?

Ofcourse, sufficient proof would need to be shown.(I.E. a screenshot of the stall chat where it says [XPlayer] has bought 1 HP Potion for [1,000,000,000 Gold].)



how about seeing x player interact with xxgoldseller then buy sosun its hard to regulate yes but isnt impossible people dont make billions over night not unless your lucky or buying

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:56 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 209
Location:
Azteca
What if... a guy just wanted to help you and gave gold?? What then? You get banned from SRF - that's what.

_________________
Image
God_Bower - Lv 33 pach/fire/cold


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:59 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2341
Location: Limbo
paul855 wrote:
What if... a guy just wanted to help you and gave gold?? What then? You get banned from SRF - that's what.

wat

_________________
My attention span is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:57 pm 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2626
Location: Home ._.
paul855 wrote:
What if... a guy just wanted to help you and gave gold?? What then? You get banned from SRF - that's what.

They are talking about large amount of gold , Way more than a couple of billions , So who would ever give you that much for free ?

Anyway , It won't get you banned even if you have +50 billions , It is just that there isn't a way to know and be 100% sure if you have gained that amount by yourself or by buying .

_________________
So in the first week in college i went with jeans and the pajama's shirt. Didn't notice what i was wearing till after i returned home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:39 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 334
Location: SRO Azteca Server
Is it a necro?? =o

Btw, I always thought that most gold sellers invovlve in botting? Since this is where they get so much extra gold from and thats why they get banned from SRF.

_________________
LavaSquid (BlackHand) Lv33 Pure Int Spear Heuk/Fire/Cold
Lv40 SP Farming Progress: 155/16466
Selling Weapon, Protector, Shield & Accessory Elixirs
(Doing Euro quest in Constantinople)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:35 am 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2626
Location: Home ._.
dynamies wrote:
Is it a necro?? =o

Btw, I always thought that most (not all) gold sellers invovlve in botting? Since this is where they get so much extra gold from and thats why they get banned from SRF.

That's a reason why it isn't a rule .

Other Reasons :

_Equal_ wrote:
Tasdik wrote:
"Screenies of large amounts" - LOL, not everyone can be accused of buying gold because they have a lot. Buy low sell high, make stones, do lots of trades, grind a lot, and you'll have enough gold until you get high level. Even then - say you're moving from 9d stuff to 10d. A fb +4/+5 set is going to fetch a lot of gold.

That would be almost impossible to police. Some people actually do work for their obscene amount of gold. While others, do in fact buy gold. It's to hard to tell which is which and so, impossible to enforce. Hence the reason why it isn't a rule.


Anyway who talked about gold sellers , Not me , i was talking about the insane gold quantities in inventory in some photos .

_________________
So in the first week in college i went with jeans and the pajama's shirt. Didn't notice what i was wearing till after i returned home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 209
Location:
Azteca
btw, does selling silk items count as buying gold? After all, this is another way to exchange your money to gold in SRO.

_________________
Image
God_Bower - Lv 33 pach/fire/cold


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum rule?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 pm 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2626
Location: Home ._.
paul855 wrote:
btw, does selling silk items count as buying gold? After all, this is another way to exchange your money to gold in SRO.

You mean the Premium silk not the Normal silk , Right ?

Premium silk : you can just buy your items ingame , so although it is "another way to exchange your money to gold in SRO" , Joymax supports it (for obvious reasons) and so we have to .

_________________
So in the first week in college i went with jeans and the pajama's shirt. Didn't notice what i was wearing till after i returned home.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group