Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Using elixirs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 pm 

I found a tutorial on here but the pics were gone so it was not helpful. I pretty much confused on how to use advance your weapons. Ive seen some weapons say like "Plus 8 strength" at the bottom and thing like that. How do you do that? I know how to use weapon elixirs but i cant ever get past +2 even with lucky powder. So how do you make your weapon shiny?

Post subject: Re: Using elixirs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm 
Loyal Member

alchemy is all about luck, +1 and +2 are pretty easy, +3 is like 30% chance, not so hard either
and your weapon starts to glow from +3, and the glow changes with higher +
but the elixir that you use to + your weapon worth a lot of gold, so its price compared with a 1:6 degree weapons is too high, so don't waste your elixirs or gold on low level items.
getting to "Plus 8 strength" needs lots of elixirs, and some additional magic stones to prevent your weapon from getting destroyed if it fails, and you can buy 200+ weapon elixirs and never get past +5, like I said it's all about luck.

my personal opinion, if you want to do alchemy don't go higher than +3, if you want a higher + weapon, buy it cheaper than making it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 pm 
Addicted Member

For getting high + , you need luck and gold (and money after +5)

For plusing from 0 to 5 in a row without failling , it is like a 3% chance for success , from 0 to 3 it is like 45% though

(based on tries of upgrading 80 items to +5 and only 3% went +5 without failling , all tries were while using lucky powders) .

Some useful things to get for plusing :
Lucky powder
Lucky stones : decreases your failing chance .
Steady : prevents your item from getting durability reduce when plusing (you can get it when plusing more than +5) , you can get it from drops .

Immortal : prevents your item from getting destroyed while plusing (can happen when you plus your item more than +5) , can get it on item drops or from the item mall .

Astral : when you fail to + an item while using this item , your item will go to +4 instead of +0 , Can only get it from item mall (can only be used when plusing more than +5) .

So going from +0 to +5 , you won't get any stats reduce or destroy your item but getting higher than that will require you to buy silk to keep your item safe .

Plus 8 strength "at the bottom" , he means the blues .

You need a strength stone and to use it on your item from the alchemy window and you can get anything between 1-8 strength depending on luck or don't get anything (fail) .

Every blue needs a different alchemy stone which can be a drop or made from tablets and elements , you can have a max of 9 different blue types on each item .

Lower degree items have lower max blue base , like a 4D item has a max of 3 strength/intelligence (example) and a 12D item has a max of 8 str/int .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:33 pm 

K.K wrote:
my personal opinion, if you want to do alchemy don't go higher than +3, if you want a higher + weapon, buy it cheaper than making it.

This +1, and it works fine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 pm 
Ex-Staff

You sure you're from the usa? lol... Use the right elixers, lucky powders and voila!