Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Full Str Fire/Ice Blade is weak n lvl slow
YES 40%  40%  [ 19 ]
NO 60%  60%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject: Full str blade = slow lvling + weak at high lvls
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:15 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

From my 40 lvls of full str blade, I realize that we suk. Blade does absoulute no damage at all and they cant tank for shiet. IF your fighting a glavie ull lose for sure because they deal over 1k damage on u when u can barely deal 400 on them. The worst is against nukers. They can kill u in 3 -5 hits. And blade lvls hella slow. Low damage = slow kills + taking more hits. My friend who plays in the japanese n korean servers told me that the lvl 80 blades gets owned by lvl 80 glavies. I was like wtf? N glavie lvls fast like the int users to. So what r ur ideas? I feel like starting over now. Plz share ur opinions about blade users. Dont u feel that u own them so fast esp when they same lvl as u. No noobs reply, only those LVL40+. P.S ICE blade is not pvp king because the fire shield king + freeze reduce% totally removes the ice at higher lvls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:17 am 
Veteran Member

I have a lvl 40 Full Str, Fire/Ice Bicheon friend. He can beat me out in PVP due to the EXTREME freezing/frostbite. He does kill slower, but shields mean he needs less pots, and can tank much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:17 am 
Valued Member

It's all about dem Archers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:52 am 
Site Contributor

Fracture wrote:
It's all about dem Archers!

Agreed. Bow/Ice = best combo. May kill slower, but the freezing helps a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:14 am 

The Ice definitely your problem like you say. Fire deals WAY more damage at higher levels and Ice means nothing when at high levels. I wouldn't start over unless you really think it's worth it. Just try to work it out the best way you can.

Build: Fire - Lightning

Lvl: 34
Guild: BlackHand

Compliments to banzaimonkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:40 am 
Site Contributor

Caution wrote:
The Ice definitely your problem like you say. Fire deals WAY more damage at higher levels and Ice means nothing when at high levels. I wouldn't start over unless you really think it's worth it. Just try to work it out the best way you can.

Your just agreeing w/ everything biggie says.. You don't even know that from personal experience so..

Ice isn't useless, it owns..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:42 am 

Do I ask you to read my posts? No. If you don't agree with my opinions, IGNORE THEM. This goes for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:43 am 
Site Contributor

I'm not flaming you dude.. calm down.. Your saying that ICE sucks, and i'm trying to prove you wrong because it doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:48 am 

I don't want you to prove anything. I don't want you to reply to my posts if your going to say Cold is better or whatever. So please, ignore me from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:09 am 
Site Contributor

Proves your age well. Anyway, emperor, I wouldn't suggest making a new char. I mean, you lvl 40 and thats will take so long to get back up there. It's up to you though ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:11 am 

AvAlAnChE1 wrote:
Proves your age well. Anyway, emperor, I wouldn't suggest making a new char. I mean, you lvl 40 and thats will take so long to get back up there. It's up to you though ^_^

Sure does prove my age. A mature 13 year old minding his business. Proves your age well. If you were smart, you wouldn't reply to this because you know very well I'll have something to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:15 am 
Site Contributor

*taken to the pms, cause obviously mr mature brang the flaming back in after i ended it.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:18 am 

I'm just going to shut up. Your right I'm immature and wrong. OMG COLD PWNS! Hope this makes everyone feel better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:23 am 

Well you know what, my penis is bigger than BOTH y'alls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:24 am 
Site Contributor

Bakemaster wrote:
Well you know what, my penis is bigger than BOTH y'alls.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cry:

back on topic people 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:25 am 

Good, everyone is happy now that Cold owns. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:31 am 

wow, holy crap, can there not be ONE blade topic that doesn't revolve around the fire/cold thing? that wasn't even his freaking question.

anyways, emperor, i'm not sure what you mean when you say bladers can't tank, since in my experience they're the BEST tankers out of the weapon choices. tons of HP from str, and a shield to block with. along with elemental skills you can further reduce magical or physical damage, depending on which you choose.

also, from the couple videos i've seen of high level korean pvp, more bladers seem to be around, so that says something there... it was mostly blade for str users and spear for int'ers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:57 am 

Geobot wrote:
anyways, emperor, i'm not sure what you mean when you say bladers can't tank, since in my experience they're the BEST tankers out of the weapon choices. tons of HP from str, and a shield to block with. along with elemental skills you can further reduce magical or physical damage, depending on which you choose.

I have to agree. I might only be lvl 23, but I find the shield helps a lot, and tanking is no problem at all. I can take on any monster up to level 28-29 without ever coming close to dying, thanks to my 1700 HP and my shield. I killed a Hyung-whatever (the huge stone giants) at lvl 21 without any problems. It took a while, but I was never in any danger, and they're level 28-29.

And when I get to lvl 40, with the added physical damage from the Fire passive, the improved knockdown + attack skill...that also helps a lot. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:02 am 

keep in mind that a shield doesn't only give you some good blocking rate, but it also raises your physical and magical defense power. Sword/blade also have passive blocking skill, which make it more harder to get hit by enemies. Even if the blow lands, it wouldn't hurt much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:02 am 

Geobot wrote:

also, from the couple videos i've seen of high level korean pvp, more bladers seem to be around, so that says something there... it was mostly blade for str users and spear for int'ers.

I agree with this. A full str blade fire/cold can be a effective tanker. Add some good equips (shields with block of 17 and up) a balanced blade(meaning good crit and nice phy.dmg), and good acc. can help make a full str blade effective (PvE and PvP) For the fire force just get those imbue skills, phy. damage inc.,status effect reduce and magical def. inc. and you should be good to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:54 am 

kurohagane wrote:
I agree with this. A full str blade fire/cold can be a effective tanker. Add some good equips (shields with block of 17 and up) a balanced blade(meaning good crit and nice phy.dmg), and good acc. can help make a full str blade effective (PvE and PvP) For the fire force just get those imbue skills, phy. damage inc.,status effect reduce and magical def. inc. and you should be good to go

That sounds like my build. ;)

SoS blade, shield with blocking ratio 18 and garment for magical protection, accessories for reduced magical damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:10 am 
Valued Member

plus, if you're using fire. the fire shield will help out tons.

helps reduce the abnormal state. heck. you already have a shield. why not get the skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:11 am 
Common Member

I red threw this [post and I have to add 1 thing. When killing a thief str blade ice comes in handy too especially if the thief is a glavie user. by the time she/he swings that glavie I have already landed 2 hits of ice on her/him...result....frozen.... the end!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:12 am 

penquinz wrote:
plus, if you're using fire. the fire shield will help out tons.

helps reduce the abnormal state. heck. you already have a shield. why not get the skill.

I didn't know that. :oops: Even more SP to farm. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:23 am 

its an opinion, i too think ice is the best due to it making the other opponent or monster alot slower. no reason to bite sum1s head off tho. wuuuuu saaaaaa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:10 am 
Frequent Member

bladers are pretty fast man, i dunno what you're talking about.. sure they do 400 dmg a hit but they do that hit TWICE.

actually, i think the best tanker in the whole game would be a Full STR Fire main ice sub character.

by the way
Ice does not pwn fire
Fire does not pwn ice

its a matter of playing style
yin yang, active passive, all that stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:21 am 
Retired Admin

three of the top 5 BlackHand players are bladers. of all of our members, i'd say that 80% of us are indeed blade users, and of those, a further 80% are pure str.

and believe me, they own. the own in ways that make most people soil themselves. force is irrelevant here. i once saw one of the BlackHand bladers PvP a hunter about his lvl, and block 8 hits in a row from this pure str glaive user. obviously, that was the end of that battle right there. if you have a shield w/ a high block and have your shield blocking skill maxed, YOU ARE A MACHINE, my friend. there IS no better tanker. pure str is pure str; a glaive user doesn't get any more HP than a sword user, aside from the COMPLETELY NEGLIGIBLE amount given from the spear series passive.

bladers kill slow. this is a proven fact. they take mad hits, and use mad pots. this makes them chronically poor. but i'd rather have 5 bladers behind me in battle than 5 glaive users any day. my money is on that shield, baby.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:23 am 

Man about the poll:
Blade RULEZ ! :love: (Depending on the way u use it !) I love it cause of the moves and damage it take...it sure is abit weaker than a glavie or spear, but the shield helps u out alot and u land double as much hits as a glaive or spear user.
I don't have much experience with the bow but all I know the dependancy on arrows SUX ! :P

---For a completely new experience of music visit http://www.pandra.com :D
Quit SRO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:30 am 

SuicideGrl wrote:
bladers kill slow. this is a proven fact. they take mad hits, and use mad pots. this makes them chronically poor. but i'd rather have 5 bladers behind me in battle than 5 glaive users any day. my money is on that shield, baby.

Absolutely, the shield makes all the difference. I have a shield with blocking ratio 18 now, and I'm keeping that until I find a higher level shield that's that good. I don't care that much about defense from the shield, it's all about blocking.

Also, blade means twice as many attacks, but much less damage per attack. However, this also means twice as many imbue attacks, twice as many chances to get a critical hit, etc. Not to mention the knockdown skill which is extremely useful. At my level (23), the knockdown attack itself does about 300 points of damage on Devil Bugs, and if I knock it down I can attack it on the ground while it can do nothing to defend itself. That's another 200-250 damage right there, and a good chance of a critical hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:35 am 

1llu51on wrote:
keep in mind that a shield doesn't only give you some good blocking rate, but it also raises your physical and magical defense power. Sword/blade also have passive blocking skill, which make it more harder to get hit by enemies. Even if the blow lands, it wouldn't hurt much.

The defense bonuses from shields aren't enough to significantly mitigate damage until you factor blocking into the equation, and that's luck. Just about everyone relies on luck, and that's why SRO doesn't really have a Rock Paper Scissors model like most games.

Glaive: Luck-based crits.
Sword: Luck-based blocks.
Nukes: Luck-based hits (vs. sword)

So nukes seem to be the least luck-based, but they're paper, so... First hit or dead. That's basically a luck roll too. Nukers also get AoE though, so this evens things out a bit.

STR-based bow users are probably the most consistent in terms of their damage so they rely on their range.

Oh, and blades are nice, imo. Yes, they level more slowly, and yes, they do less damage. That's not the entirety of the issue though. Shields and knockdowns give you much higher mitigation compared to other builds. With Ice, your mitigation levels can exceed 60%. Blades/Swords+Shields are about finesse, not brute force, and are also focused on 1v1 PvP. Shield users can also benefit from dedicated in-combat healing (Force builds) more than other classes, since they'll actually live long enough for heals to land.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next