Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Battle barding at high level mobs 108+
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 pm 

So I made a 110 ff battle bard (diamond p-server) (no sub) and had a few experiences, the first parties were bad and nothing of value was lost (or gained)

but I had a party at the 108 scorpions and it was REALLY good for a time, the warrior buffed me, and gave me the reflect thing and the other bard was ...somewhat good at renewing dances and tambours whenever mine went down.

THEN. . .later on in another party at the 110 edimu things the party was not so good. . .

I figure I was trying to do too much, leading the party (meaning having to form all the time when some nub decided to leave or dc) along with putting up tambours when they went down, and constantly reminding the other bard to put up dance etc as he was asleep. . .

unfortunately I died and there was no mana for the cleric (being that there was a second bard in the part but I guess he was sleep)

anyway after the party wiped *I* got the blame for it. . .and it really annoyed teh hell out of me.

SO I want to know, what's the best way to battle bard at 110 mobs (or any high powered, difficult set of high lvl mobs) how do I really know when I can start battle barding, I mean in that party basically I drew aggro a LOT more, and even when I didn't, sometimes if the warrior brought too many mobs I'd still get owned at times.

is battle barding at those mobs just impossible, or are there some things I am missing?

has anyone had experience battlebarding at at high lvl before? any tips would be welcome!

3.And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4.You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
5.You soon will forward this to another idiot.
6.There's still a stupid smile on your face.

Post subject: Re: Battle barding at high level mobs 108+
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 pm 
Frequent Member

When u're capped there's no different battle barding at 90 cap or 100 cap. I did it at both cap before. It's all about the party. Good party with ppl who knows how to play, u will have a lot of fun. But when u play with random ppl who either dont know what to do or just plain lazy, u'll have a horrible time. That's why u need to keep ur friend close and play a lot with ppl u know.

The reason why u have this problem now is because the rates at diamondSRO are high. Hence, no lower lvl parties and less chance to party with the same ppl. So ppl will need to learn at the cap or just being stupid forever.

In DiamondSRO, I made a rogue/bard purely for solo because I dont have the time to commit to any party. Glad I can get it to 107 with couple of thousand SP to be FF 110.

Either way, good luck to you. Glad u capped a Bard at 110 cap. Wish I'd capped mine when I was playing my bard.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:23 pm 

Guardia wrote:
When u're capped there's no different battle barding at 90 cap or 100 cap. I did it at both cap before. It's all about the party. Good party with ppl who knows how to play, u will have a lot of fun. But when u play with random ppl who either dont know what to do or just plain lazy, u'll have a horrible time. That's why u need to keep ur friend close and play a lot with ppl u know.

The reason why u have this problem now is because the rates at diamondSRO are high. Hence, no lower lvl parties and less chance to party with the same ppl. So ppl will need to learn at the cap or just being stupid forever.

In DiamondSRO, I made a rogue/bard purely for solo because I dont have the time to commit to any party. Glad I can get it to 107 with couple of thousand SP to be FF 110.

Either way, good luck to you. Glad u capped a Bard at 110 cap. Wish I'd capped mine when I was playing my bard.

Thanks! Yeah I just checked out your wing party vid and it hit me, you guys had a REALLY good party which pretty much makes a hell of a lot of difference. I mean you guys had a support bard that was handling mp while the battle bard did the damage for one. second you used the lightning teleport skill to escape from mobs that got to close to you...

all of which does require a good group of people that you always play with. . .Idid notice that the support bard sometimes attacked as well (the lvl 99 mob party vid) but not often, and he stayed stationary and hardly aggro-ed anything. I guess I could kinda take on that role, just attack VERY sparingly, until people learn how to party.

Anyway thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:20 pm 
Loyal Member

what, your cleric doesn't know how to use mp pots or vigors, or put up bless, or yell in pt chat? or the other pt members don't know that the cleric's survival means they don't die? no other cleric subs that could throw a bless quick? Hard to say.

hmph. Sometimes ints get one-shot, although as bard, you should not get attacked, esp if you're FF and have noise to max, and the party has a separation of ints and warriors.

I played bard/cleric a lot on Iris and I couldn't believe the number of people who didn't know or understand what bards could or could not do. asking me to dance with no other bards in pt, put up both tambours, etc

In a good party you'd probably end up mana cycling at least 4 people all the time - 2 warriors, 1 cleric, yourself. it doesn't leave a lot of time to do much else except keep tambour and/or dances up, but yeah occasionally you can do damage too. I never attacked until the mob was aggroed on someone else, or I knew I could one or two shot a general mob. Of course those parties weren't typical either :/

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 pm 
Frequent Member

_Equal_ wrote:
In a good party you'd probably end up mana cycling at least 4 people all the time - 2 warriors, 1 cleric, yourself. it doesn't leave a lot of time to do much else except keep tambour and/or dances up, but yeah occasionally you can do damage too. I never attacked until the mob was aggroed on someone else, or I knew I could one or two shot a general mob. Of course those parties weren't typical either :/
This is at <90, but banana was talking about pt above 90 where u have mana orbit skill. Starting at lvl 90, u will have all the time in the world to attack / evade mobs.

To Banana, know ur limit. If you can tank couple of hits do it, go crazy and use ur teleport skill wisely (if you have wiz sub though). If you cant, only attack when it is safe to.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:05 pm 

When you want to BB in a party, you really need a GOOD party.
Forget it when you play with random people especially on such a high rate server.
Most effective way to BB is when you don't get any aggro.
I only found one good video with someone doing BB in 109's pt, even though that guy is luring most of the time.
It's a video from jsro, those guys know how to pt. :sohappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913bKDOH ... re=related

I want to try that setup on Azteca too, but currently we lack Str Clerics.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:14 pm 
Frequent Member

^Awesome pt!

Too bad that str cleric need to bring a lot of armor or repair hammer because the durability will go down super fast.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:34 pm 
Loyal Member

Valkyria wrote:
Forget it when you play with random people especially on such a high rate server.
I only found one good video with someone doing BB in 109's pt, even though that guy is luring most of the time.

Couple things:

-mobs are fairly slow, so that helps, looks like a hella good XP gain even with prem plus.
-Isn't that a STR bard with bard attacks? Either that or it's an int rogue/bard. Doesn't make sense to me.

iSRO - AsparTame 8x - retired
Salvation - Aspar 70

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 am 
Veteran Member

Can't you just use the skill that reduces aggro? Space it so you cast it on yourself between every 2 or 3 nukes. That's what I use to do. You can bind a key to self-select too.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:41 am 

Even in retarded parties, I'm usually able to avoid aggro even as wiz.. You using mana wind or something?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 am 

In my opinion I am still in love with the following setup:

2 Warriors
3 Wizards
1 Cleric
2 BattleBards + Dancing.

Always was my favorite party setup and still is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:16 am 

firefinal1 wrote:

2 Warriors
3 Wizards
1 Cleric
2 BattleBards + Dancing.

My personal favorite is this, but with 1 warlock who know what he/she's doing instead of a wiz

Never seen it though, there's always something lacking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:43 am 

_Equal_ wrote:
Valkyria wrote:

Couple things:

-mobs are fairly slow, so that helps, looks like a hella good XP gain even with prem plus.
-Isn't that a STR bard with bard attacks? Either that or it's an int rogue/bard. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think that guy is a Wiz/Bard with Lv 10 Rogue for Fast Shot (in his skill bar you see a 10D sox staff and Charged Wind skill), although he has much HP if you ask me or is 22k HP at Lv 102 normal?

firefinal1 wrote:

2 Warriors
3 Wizards
1 Cleric
2 BattleBards + Dancing.

We usually play that setup on Azteca too but the Bards never can BB cause the tanks drop the mobs on the Wiz and go for the next lure (personally I don't like it that much). The guys on jsro/ksro focus the aggro on one player (the Str Cleric), this way the AoE's get maximized and mobs aren't spreaded.
Ints just need to keep distance and so they usually don't get attacked.

I found another video from jSRO at Chasers with someone making BB, although he isn't Lv 90.

http://www.youtube.com/user/atyo007#p/u/11/uuURtOqykzk

And a video from kSRO were the bards could make BB easily if they wouldn't use keypresser (atleast that looks quite much to me: one of them MO'ing and other one giving speed whenever the skill's cooldown is over or they put something heavy on the key and went afk).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w3eVrNaUYc

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:14 am 

I think that guy is a Wiz/Bard with Lv 10 Rogue for Fast Shot (in his skill bar you see a 10D sox staff and Charged Wind skill), although he has much HP if you ask me or is 22k HP at Lv 102 normal?

Well, I have around 12k hp at lvl 110... I'm not sure how much a FB set would give, but yea, it seems like a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 am 
Valued Member

futuresight wrote:
Well, I have around 12k hp at lvl 110... I'm not sure how much a FB set would give, but yea, it seems like a lot.

Spoiler!

As you can see a FB set at 11d gives 11*7=77 extra strenght.
I added 5 additional strengt assuming he has an event flag :)
Then he also has this str buff from the cleric which, at lv96, gives 43 additional strenght.
All together this makes the amount of hp thats listed in the spoiler. Then lets not forget the 3.9k hp u can get from the head, legs and chest part.
So 22.078 hp is about right at lv102. Also he has devil which add 15% hp (0.15*22k=3.3k)

He actually has not so much hp.

HejsaN wrote:
SoleFressshhhh wrote:
Roses are red, Pickles are green. I like your legs, whats in between?

Just a penis, why do you ask?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:50 am 

Valkyria wrote:
firefinal1 wrote:

2 Warriors
3 Wizards
1 Cleric
2 BattleBards + Dancing.

We usually play that setup on Azteca too but the Bards never can BB cause the tanks drop the mobs on the Wiz and go for the next lure (personally I don't like it that much). The guys on jsro/ksro focus the aggro on one player (the Str Cleric), this way the AoE's get maximized and mobs aren't spreaded.
Ints just need to keep distance and so they usually don't get attacked.

First, our bards can't do BB, because 1 of them is usually afk for tambour and the other one doesn't have the skills to do BB.

Also we don't have a str cleric, that is high enough to handle it. With my 9 gap at Lv.95 i am certainly not suitable for doing aggro cleric and most of the other str clerics have even worse skills than me. Also, as already said, an aggro cleric needs a lot durability. It's better to split the monster attacks on several pt members, then you won't have to repair that often. Repair breaks take time and exp too, i'd rather have a slightly lower kill rate and less repair breaks. The result is the same or probably even better.

That's why i also prefer the setup mentioned by firefinal1, maybe add in an additional warlock, that knows, what he is doing instead of a wizard and it's awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:12 pm 

no I wasnt using mana wind, and the aggro reduce skill has a tendency of backfiring and agrroing ALL the mobs to you if you use it on mobs your lvl(the level of the skill) or lower or something like that. actually at 108 mobs (the giant scorpions) it was a really good party, so I was able to bb for a while untill the party fell apart, the other bard was doing what he needed to do the warriors were as well etc. . .

the 110 mobs however are fast, have a ranged splash attack (they are edimmus but faster) the warrior was luring too much for the skill level of the party and the other warrior. . I dont even know what he was doing. that and I was leading the pt and having to form all the time because people would leave etc was tough. . .although I did do alright for a while, I think though due to the other bard being sleep, and me having to constantly write tambour or dance every time mine went down. . . and have him go like five minutes without doing anything... sucked, also he never used mana orbit . . .so when I the one time, the whole pt wiped, yes the cleric prolly didnt have pots on as he figured that bards will always keep his mana up even when dead. I was just trying to do too much, I was just a bit TOO excited to be finally battle barding, especially coming from the high of the last party at 108 mobs which was pretty good for a while and really just didn't look close enough at what was happening in the pt...

I really only died once. . .and that wiped teh whole pt...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 pm 

firefinal1 wrote:

2 Warriors
3 Wizards
1 Cleric
2 BattleBards + Dancing.

http://imageshack.us/f/708/checkr.png/

*1) This screenshot has not be taken by me or related to me. Even though the names look familiar.
*2) Klecks is a replacement of my Warrior who was in it, when we were leveling back then.

The cleric was in fact a PURE int Warlock / cleric. Doing only heal orbit with debuffs. It was enough to keep this pt alive.