Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Suicide, should it be legalized?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm 
Common Member

Incoming depressing topic, sorry. So, someone sent me this and it had me thinking.

If someone is suffering so bad after so many years of being in mental and physical pain with no relief in sight, do you feel suicide should be legal?

Personally I would say yes, no one should have to suffer mentally and physically if there is nothing that can be done to help them.

Last edited by ClownPiece on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Suicide, should it be legalized?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:32 am 
Elite Member

People don't know how to mind their own Farking business.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

TIL you can go to jail if you commit suicide.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 am 
Elite Member

IMHO, no. Though I think the question should be if it should be stigmatized or not considering you can't actually punish someone for killing themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 am 
Common Member

dom wrote:
TIL you can go to jail if you commit suicide.

Ghost jail?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:47 pm 
Forum Legend

It depends. Ending a person's life to relieve suffering.. Maybe!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:24 pm 
Forum Legend

stuff like this is always hard to discuss because it brings my attention to transgender issues... people have changed their sex and then changed minds about it effing up their life completly... how do we know the same wouldn't happen about suicide?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm 
Elite Member

Well you can't exactly change your mind about it when you're dead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:21 pm 
Common Member

I see death as mercy =S

Wait, what IceCrash...?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:34 pm 
Elite Member

IceCrash wrote:
stuff like this is always hard to discuss because it brings my attention to transgender issues... people have changed their sex and then changed minds about it effing up their life completly... how do we know the same wouldn't happen about suicide?

"With life there is possibility"

I guess excluding disease which causes physical pain with no hope for stopping it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:32 am 
Forum God

euthanasia yes, if you are terminal and no hope of getting better but the moment you add mental health into it, its a different game as someone who has seen mental health issues up close and even have some myself there are days where nothing is wrong and you are happy flip side you can spend months in a downward spiral wanting to die at which point do you say is too much. You should not allow someone with mental health to end their life how ever you should not punish them either but mental health is still fairly unknown but coping methods work they differ from person to person but support is better than saying sure kill yourself.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 am 
Forum Legend

i wanna clarify that i'm not for or against Suicide (i agree with eutanasia on the same instances as Master_Wong), i think that in last resort people know how they feel and there are some unbearable emotions and situations in life, sadly... and we're nobody to force them to have to live through all that pain because we say so

i also wanna say that what i meant is that this is a super super difficult subject to discuss, most people, just as you did, will jump right off the bat and judge anything you say as a yes or no answer, i wrote what i wrote because these topics make me think a lot and i am a person who wonders about different points of view

what i said about transgender issues wasn't stating an opinion because i hold none, people do what they want to do and all i do is wonder about points of view.. i was adressing something Master_Wong said as well, wich is the mental health issues department... but once again i was bringing it out because this is a topic and people should discuss points of view.. even if i think people shouldn't be obligated to suffer, what about the families of these people? My opinion is not related to this, my opinion is what i've stated, i bring these thoughts because it bothers me like hell when i think about it.

Take for instance my mother who has health issues, imagine she was in so much pain that she'd like to be set free of it for good.. Can you see how tough is to discuss something like this? Imagine this was your mother, or your father, or your lover. Now imagine if this was a mental health issue such as depression. have you ever been depressed? I have, and i know how things change mentally. I merely wanted to point these things out in order to discuss stuff, otherwise lock this thread :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:02 am 
Common Member

Better idea. Suicide Booths.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:16 pm 
Forum God

IceCrash wrote:
i wanna clarify that i'm not for or against Suicide (i agree with eutanasia on the same instances as Master_Wong), i think that in last resort people know how they feel and there are some unbearable emotions and situations in life, sadly... and we're nobody to force them to have to live through all that pain because we say so

i also wanna say that what i meant is that this is a super super difficult subject to discuss, most people, just as you did, will jump right off the bat and judge anything you say as a yes or no answer, i wrote what i wrote because these topics make me think a lot and i am a person who wonders about different points of view

what i said about transgender issues wasn't stating an opinion because i hold none, people do what they want to do and all i do is wonder about points of view.. i was adressing something Master_Wong said as well, wich is the mental health issues department... but once again i was bringing it out because this is a topic and people should discuss points of view.. even if i think people shouldn't be obligated to suffer, what about the families of these people? My opinion is not related to this, my opinion is what i've stated, i bring these thoughts because it bothers me like hell when i think about it.

Take for instance my mother who has health issues, imagine she was in so much pain that she'd like to be set free of it for good.. Can you see how tough is to discuss something like this? Imagine this was your mother, or your father, or your lover. Now imagine if this was a mental health issue such as depression. have you ever been depressed? I have, and i know how things change mentally. I merely wanted to point these things out in order to discuss stuff, otherwise lock this thread :(

But take depression as its common you are aware its not black or white you are not happy or sad, depression is a very odd mix you can feel fine while still diagnosed with depression, it really isnt a matter of i have depression therefore im sad its periods where you are depressed you dont control these and they can be very severe. So what if you do go through a period where the depression is so bad you are in a mental low where you dont see any other way but to end your life but only the week before you were quite content with life? ending life based on a mental condition is such a complex issue that i dont think should be punished as such but i think if someone tries to end their life we offer them real support keep in mind some of the greatest minds that have graced our planet were depressed it does not mean you cannot be a productive member of society with the right environment flip side a physical condition can render you nearly useless but even that can be overcome take Steven hawking, all this been said if you have dementia or similar conditions you are going to keep getting worse, terminal cancer will be painful its these no hope situations that i believe we should allow someone the choice.

while we our time here is fleeting it is a scientific miracle anyone is alive i don't think life should be ended without real consideration and i think we need a better system to deal with those who do try as the current one in most countries i think fails its citizens in some cases making them feel worse.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.