Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 pm 

Hey guys.. It has been a very long time I last played Silkroad, over 8 years. Wow.. That sounded really long time when I say it our loud :)

Whatever.. I just wondered how it is going on Silkroad and installed the game.. Opened a new char on Kali server on Joymax side of the game. Looks pretty dead.. Very few people in Downhang and Hotan.. I saw noone at the pvp area of Downhang.

Here are my questions. Would be veru appreciated if there are any active player here:

1- I wonder if I am not aiming to level up fast and enjoy the game maybe 1 or 2 hours at most a day, which version of Silkroad should I choose, Silkroad or Silkroad-R?
2- Which server should I join?
3- Are EU chars still overpowered? Actually I have never liked EU chars, I am a fan of full str glaiver.

I have no chance to go back to my old char as I deleted it many years ago when I quit. If I decide to play, I will start over. (actually I opened a ful str glaiver already and I am at testing phase. But if you tell me to change the game version or server I can start from level 1)

BTW rofl at my signature ... good old times

Thank you in advance for your reply :)

Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am 
Frequent Member

I'd say the same reasons you had when you quit 8 years ago are still valid, and unless there will be some serious policy changes this will not change. If you truly wish to play an MMORPG again, I'd suggest finding a better one than SRO. There's plenty of them out there. :)

[83] Pinokkio
Pure INT Force Nuker, Force 83, Cold 83, Lightning 83, Fire 60

[81] Sybian
Pure INT KD Nuker, Bicheon 81, Cold 81, Lightning 81, Fire 60

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm 

Actually I tried some but none of them seemed fun to me.
Closest one to SRO is DK Online (Dragon Knights). But I hate that there are no mp pots in the game but mp regen pots which is way too expensive.
I hate WOW type cartoonish games. I hate the ones you need to use WASD to move and to be able to hit you should face the enemy ones.
I could not find a game of my taste. Would be appreciated to get some game suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am 
Elite Member

AnarChaos wrote:
Closest one to SRO is DK Online (Dragon Knights). But I hate that there are no mp pots in the game but mp regen pots which is way too expensive.
I hate WOW type cartoonish games. I hate the ones you need to use WASD to move and to be able to hit you should face the enemy ones.
I could not find a game of my taste. Would be appreciated to get some game suggestions.

Honestly, you should check out the WarriorsWay private server. It has been up for two years now, and still have a small, but active, legit player base. The admins keep improving the game and do regular events.

Here's the official thread for the game: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=136180

Definitely the best place if you're looking to just play a few hours every day :)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 pm 

ltsune wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:

Honestly, you should check out the WarriorsWay private server. It has been up for two years now, and still have a small, but active, legit player base. The admins keep improving the game and do regular events.

Here's the official thread for the game: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=136180

Definitely the best place if you're looking to just play a few hours every day :)

Hmmm thank you for the info.. I will try it.. I hope it has active and talkative players who speaks english.. I would be very bored to play with lots of Bulgarian speaking people :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 pm 

Ltsune.. I am sorry but that server is a joke.. NOONE in jangan.. 1 person in Downhang.. 1 person in Hotan it is a dead server imo :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm 
Forum God

i come back a couple years ago, its devoid of legit players now. Before i quit for good i bought some gold, got a level boost from a bot and enjoyed some of the higher level stuff you will never reach without a team of legit players.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 pm 

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
i come back a couple years ago, its devoid of legit players now. Before i quit for good i bought some gold, got a level boost from a bot and enjoyed some of the higher level stuff you will never reach without a team of legit players.

Well.. As I said I am not aiming to level fast.. I just want to have fun with some friends maybe one hour a day.. I am not even sure if I will be able to log in everyday or not either.

BTW if you open an account on Joymax you get Seal of Star gear for every degree until 72 lvl (not sure about the level, can't remember). If you open an account on JCPlanet, you get those and also you get seal of sun +5 weapons until 72 level (can't remember exactly what level) and 100.000 SP.

My cousin is curious about the situation of the game too who has played the game for a long time and quit long time ago. We will give it a try for a while.

I will share the results ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:50 am 
Forum God

its empty though, literally no one around to talk to as everyone bots and unless you are really high level theres nothing fun to do pvp is all for those over level 120, same with much of the newer content that no legit has ever seen. honestly if you want a game to play with mates that you can realistically enjoy for only a couple hours here and there try world of warcraft sure you have to pay but for what you get its not bad

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm 

Thank you for the advise but I have never liked the look of WOW.. seems so childish/cartoonish to me. If Silkroad fails for me to have fun enough, I can still go on to play DK online ;)
BTW Kali server has 100 cap not 120 as others. And there are lots of low level active players as I see. As they are low level I didn't see any botters yet but unfortunately i am sure there will be lots of them as I level up. :/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:56 am 
Elite Member

AnarChaos wrote:
Thank you for the advise but I have never liked the look of WOW.. seems so childish/cartoonish to me. If Silkroad fails for me to have fun enough, I can still go on to play DK online ;)
BTW Kali server has 100 cap not 120 as others. And there are lots of low level active players as I see. As they are low level I didn't see any botters yet but unfortunately i am sure there will be lots of them as I level up. :/

That's why I've preferred WarriorsWay over the original Silkroad game these past few years.

The players on WarriorsWay all speak English (the Bulgarian players are long gone at this point), there's a small but active group of players, there are absolutely 0 bots, and the community is the friendliest I've seen in my years of playing Silkroad.

Ultimately, I'd rather play with 20-30 great players than 2000 bots that are afk 24/7 :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:50 pm 

ltsune wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:

That's why I've preferred WarriorsWay over the original Silkroad game these past few years.

The players on WarriorsWay all speak English (the Bulgarian players are long gone at this point), there's a small but active group of players, there are absolutely 0 bots, and the community is the friendliest I've seen in my years of playing Silkroad.

Ultimately, I'd rather play with 20-30 great players than 2000 bots that are afk 24/7 :)

It is for sure.. quality > quantity .. If we could get all legit players on one server e.g. Warrior's Way that would be fantastic.. But it is more harder to convince legit people to leave their char which they have worked on several months/years and start over at a server that they can't predict everything will be perfect than the botters to leave their much higher level chars which they didn't even show much effort on.

As you can see at my signature, I was one of the fans and players of Silkroad Salvation who has left their chars at offical Silkroad servers. I was long gone before it gets closed down and I don't even know what happened to that server. (really what did happen to Silkroad Salvation? :/)

I think it is utopia to find a server full of legits and fun at the same time as people, especially this generation, tent to choose the easiest and mostly the wrong way to achieve what they want without even noticing they are killing the thing what they actually want.

Let's cut to the short... I would join a server which is full of legits but not just 300 people :/
I think we should use a software as gold botters use to spam the shit for calling all legit players to join a full legit server.. I would definetely join that server if i see a message like this: "Are you sick of bots and paying lots for nothing? Join xxxx server where no bots allowed and lots of fun for free" 8)

Last edited by AnarChaos on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:09 am 

AnarChaos wrote:
ltsune wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:

It is for sure.. qualitty > quantity .. If we could get all legit players on one server e.g. Warrior's Way that would be fantastic.. But it is more harder to convince legit people to leave their char which they have worked on several months/years and start over at a server that they can't predict everything will be perfect than the botters to leave their much higher level chars which they didn't even show much effort on.

As you can see at my signature, I was one of the fans and players of Silkroad Salvation who has left their chars at offical Silkroad servers. I was long gone before it gets closed down and I don't even know what happened to that server. (really what did happen to Silkroad Salvation? :/)

I think it is utopia to find a server full of legits and fun at the same time as people, especially this generation, tent to choose the easiest and mostly the wrong way to achieve what they want without even noticing they are killing the thing what they actually want.

Let's cut to the short... I would join a server which is full of legits but not just 300 people :/
I think we should use a software as gold botters use to spam the shit for calling all legit players to join a full legit server.. I would definetely join that server if i see a message like this: "Are you sick of bots and payşng lots for nothing? Join xxxx server where no bots allowed and lots of fun for free" 8)

You will be lucky if you find a server with 50 legit players :)

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:35 pm 

sibiumarius wrote:
You will be lucky if you find a server with 50 legit players :)

Mehh.. I am sure about that.. But that would be so much fun. :)
Well.. Let's see how it goes with official SRO.. if it does not work for me, I would find a private server or go back to DK online or any other MMORPG :/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:53 pm 

I am sick of getting disconnected from the server in official silkroad online. I am not going to pay for just being able to get in to a game ever again.

Whatever.. I have found a private server named Origin Online which does not allow bots and quite good amount of players.. I will give it a try.. Anyone who wants to join me you can find me there.

Level 80 cap, both chn and eu chars.. Chn chars 240 mastery level, eu chars 160 mastery level. Looks pretty good to me. There are not much players in Jangan and Downhang but Hotan is full of players as most of them has already reached to the 80 lvl cap.

You can visit their homepage: https://playorigin.com/

Wanna join me?? You can pm me in gane if I am online :)

Char name: AnarChaos

Noob glavier atm ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm 
Elite Member

AnarChaos wrote:
It is for sure.. quality > quantity .. If we could get all legit players on one server e.g. Warrior's Way that would be fantastic.. But it is more harder to convince legit people to leave their char which they have worked on several months/years and start over at a server that they can't predict everything will be perfect than the botters to leave their much higher level chars which they didn't even show much effort on.

I think we should use a software as gold botters use to spam the shit for calling all legit players to join a full legit server.. I would definetely join that server if i see a message like this: "Are you sick of bots and paying lots for nothing? Join xxxx server where no bots allowed and lots of fun for free" 8)

To be honest, nearly all legit players ARE already playing on just one or two servers - Origin and WarriorsWay.

The difference is that Origin has had bots for a long time with the GM not really doing a whole lot about it, whereas WarriorsWay has never had a working bot for more than a week :) Also, WarriorsWay has been around for over 2 years already - it's not going away, no matter how few players it has. That's why I enjoy playing there still. Even though I only play a few times per month some times.

The sad news is that there just aren't that many legit players left. Probably around 200-300 in total across all servers (official and private). So I'm afraid you'll never be able to find what you're looking for, mate. It sucks :soosad:

Regarding Salvation, the player count eventually decreased to the point that the server died out. They weren't willing to make changes and updates to the game because it would upset the nostalgic players. But that decision made it boring for hardcore players who had already achieved it all, and so it died out :/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:09 pm 

For casual fun I can recommend you NGE Silkroad. It's an instant cap non-bot Lv110 server. Everything is for free; no donation possible and really easy to "catch up" (I hate that term...). The player amount is very low though...that vicious circle is caused by players that immediately quit because "nobody online". It doesn't mean that the server is dead. We do regular activities mostly organized via Discord chat such as Forgotten World dungeon, Jupiter Temple dungeon or PT Survival Arena.

http://www.ngesro.website/en/

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
same with much of the newer content that no legit has ever seen

That's not true.^^

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:09 pm 
SRF Herald

AnarChaos wrote:
I am sick of getting disconnected from the server in official silkroad online. I am not going to pay for just being able to get in to a game ever again.

Whatever.. I have found a private server named Origin Online which does not allow bots and quite good amount of players.. I will give it a try.. Anyone who wants to join me you can find me there.

Level 80 cap, both chn and eu chars.. Chn chars 240 mastery level, eu chars 160 mastery level. Looks pretty good to me. There are not much players in Jangan and Downhang but Hotan is full of players as most of them has already reached to the 80 lvl cap.

You can visit their homepage: https://playorigin.com/

Wanna join me?? You can pm me in gane if I am online :)

Char name: AnarChaos

Noob glavier atm ;)

Hello there,

I was actualy just checking out this server a few days ago because I was bored.
Pretty active (like 300/500 ppl online) right now.

For me its also been a longgggg time ago since I played. I might give it a shot tho! If im online PM me: FlashFox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:54 pm 

I have been experiancing Origin server for few days.. It is AWESOME...

No bots, 80 lvl cap (soon will be 90, in a month or so), lots of active and nice player.. People help each other even they don't know each other.. NO BOTS EVER !!

Come and try at least for a week for 1-2 hours a day... You have nothing to lose !
You will feel like you traveled in time and playing original sro before Joymax f.cked up the game :)

You can find me in game, I promise you I will do my best to help you

IGN: AnarChaos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:46 pm 

.... aaaaand Tiger Girl kill at 29 Lvl :)

This is just a dream in official silkroad. Look at the levels of the party members :D

Screenshots are below :)

COME ON... JOIN THE ADVENDURE WITH ME ON ORIGIN ONLINE :)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 pm 
Common Member

nice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:24 am 
Frequent Member

How many active players in Origin?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 pm 

I am not sure but I think around 400 - 500 players.. BTW HP and MP pots are free if you take it from Support section from Potion Merchant ;)

UPDATE Level cap is 90 now :)