Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:19 am 
Valued Member

IguanaRampage wrote:
MegaMan wrote:
If you choose to grind in the caves 60+ (high spawn rate) I would wear protector for grinding, because mostly all mobs in the cave are physical based, and therefore you'll take a severe beating without at least some physical defence. Grab a set of garms for jobbing/pvp, though.

nachals... really high spawn rates but the mag atks can pwn even glaives in garms...

mostly

but I get your point, I should've been clearer. But yes, wear garms for nachals.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:38 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi, nice guide helped me a lot I'm still starting in the game but I got a question: is it really worth it to get the Fire shield series at max if our main weapon is the glavie? I mean unless there is a real quick way to unequip the glavie and equip a blade/shield in battle is this really worth it? Even so, using the blade+shield would decrease our damage drastically wouldnt it? Because we dont have any sp in those kind of weapons... I'm a bit confused about this, hope you can enlighten me, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:19 pm 

MastaChiefX wrote:
W3GAN wrote:
Dont have time to read it. :P
Looks very nice, prolly worth a sticky. :)

Lazyness ftw, look at it, had some nice pics, good for me lol

I actuallly read the whole thing now :). Pretty good, maybe should include the skills you are leaving out.

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:12 pm 
Casual Member

What gap would be enaugh to keep that i could learn all skills on my mastery lwl?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:49 pm 
Casual Member

i saw ur guide.. very nice. but why would u lvl lighting to lvl 80? no sense for it to be past lvl 69 since there are no new skillz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:49 pm 
Ex-Staff

Nhabebia wrote:
Hi, nice guide helped me a lot I'm still starting in the game but I got a question: is it really worth it to get the Fire shield series at max if our main weapon is the glavie? I mean unless there is a real quick way to unequip the glavie and equip a blade/shield in battle is this really worth it? Even so, using the blade+shield would decrease our damage drastically wouldnt it? Because we dont have any sp in those kind of weapons... I'm a bit confused about this, hope you can enlighten me, thanks.

Its just a quick switch, equip shield, buff, equip glavie, you still keep the buff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:25 pm 
Casual Member

Plz can someone give me an advice-how many gaps should i always have,that i could learn all mastery skills? 6? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:56 pm 
Frequent Member

i think this desirves a stickie, but the fanning series is crap and useless exchange for the first 3 books of heuksal and the 3 series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:27 pm 
Valued Member

Juicy wrote:
i think this desirves a stickie, but the fanning series is crap and useless exchange for the first 3 books of heuksal and the 3 series

The skill was recently updated to be an active buff that allows movement. It is VERY useful, particularly against int-based players in pvp or magic-based mobs in pve. I would use the 3rd book against int players and use the second book (block ratio) on str players.

mirror wrote:
Plz can someone give me an advice-how many gaps should i always have,that i could learn all mastery skills? 6?

Well, i would recommend a 4 or 5 gap if you dont farm. You should be alright with a 4gap, but if you feel you need more sp, go with a 5gap.

UsernameTaken wrote:
i saw ur guide.. very nice. but why would u lvl lighting to lvl 80? no sense for it to be past lvl 69 since there are no new skillz

I didn't level lightning to 80.

Sorry for not being able to answer peoples questions, i've taken a hiatus on the game and for the forums for a short period of time. I will update whenever I can though.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:00 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hey nice Guild 8)
Helped me alot to create a full str glavie char.
Verry nice tnx :)

Server Rome
IGN Ninja_
Image Hunters Ownz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:25 am 
Common Member

Are you guys sure the 2nd fanning series tech blocks phys? From my experience it only blocks magical attacks and well the whole point to the series is magical defense. When I tested it it only blocked magic, never any phys hits, o well, didn't do any extensive testing :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:28 am 
Valued Member

Valamathras wrote:
Are you guys sure the 2nd fanning series tech blocks phys? From my experience it only blocks magical attacks and well the whole point to the series is magical defense. When I tested it it only blocked magic, never any phys hits, o well, didn't do any extensive testing :p

Hmm.

The description says blocking ratio, but not sure if it means both phys. and mag. damage. I'll have to test this out.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:25 am 
Frequent Member

fire shield techs:

this guide was for pure str glavie... so wats the point of telling ppl to waste there SPS on fire shield techs if u wont be able to use shields???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:57 am 
Valued Member

Mage Pker wrote:
fire shield techs:

this guide was for pure str glavie... so wats the point of telling ppl to waste there SPS on fire shield techs if u wont be able to use shields???????

shield out - do buff - glaive on, its that easy.

OMG NO WAY?!?!?!?

Its a skill crucial to the immunity of abnormal statuses, it isn't a waste of skillpoints.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:05 pm 
Banned User

3 things i want to point out.

1. the final cap has been comfirmed to be 140 not 150. so you can take 10 points from glavie and put into fire.

2. a person who goes 140 glavie, 140 fire, will have around 50% more magical damage then you. meaning if you hit for 3,000 with a 50% magical ballance and 100% physical, he will hit for 3,500. so you might want to think about leaving lighting a little lower and getting fire higher to close that gap.

3. new skills! the new skills are confirmed now. that means fire will have passive up to 9 and the physical damage buff so you will need fire up to atleast 90.

id seggest 140 glavie. 100 fire. 60 lighting. the speed is fine for leveling and basic gate wars. any long range pvp will have to be done by speed drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:24 pm 
Banned User

MastaChiefX wrote:
MastaChiefX wrote:
W3GAN wrote:
Dont have time to read it. :P
Looks very nice, prolly worth a sticky. :)

Lazyness ftw, look at it, had some nice pics, good for me lol

I actuallly read the whole thing now :). Pretty good, maybe should include the skills you are leaving out.

whoa. im proud of ya.
still havnt read it. tomorrow. maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 pm 
Valued Member

Fly wrote:

1. the final cap has been comfirmed to be 140 not 150. so you can take 10 points from glavie and put into fire.

2. a person who goes 140 glavie, 140 fire, will have around 50% more magical damage then you. meaning if you hit for 3,000 with a 50% magical ballance and 100% physical, he will hit for 3,500. so you might want to think about leaving lighting a little lower and getting fire higher to close that gap.

3. new skills! the new skills are confirmed now. that means fire will have passive up to 9 and the physical damage buff so you will need fire up to atleast 90.

id seggest 140 glavie. 100 fire. 60 lighting. the speed is fine for leveling and basic gate wars. any long range pvp will have to be done by speed drugs.

Whaoh, thanks for the info. I'll edit the guide as soon as i have the time.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:25 am 

MegaMan wrote:
Fly wrote:

it's already enough of a grindfest now, i wonder who plans to play till lvl 140, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:42 pm 
Common Member

Very nice guide man, The images make it easier to read instead of a bunch of letters that can give you a headache. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:15 pm 

MegaMan wrote:
Mage Pker wrote:
fire shield techs:

shield out - do buff - glaive on, its that easy.

OMG NO WAY?!?!?!?

Its a skill crucial to the immunity of abnormal statuses, it isn't a waste of skillpoints.

LOL......I am still a noob at somethings even in my mid 20s.....I was thinking the same thing when I learned the fire shield but I never used it cuz I didn't even think equip shield-buff-equip glav.....only takes a few seconds then your good till the buff runs out.....thanks for opening my eyes :shock: ....everything else I have is right on course :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:28 pm 
Ex-Staff

nice guide...but when I get a stun if I'm loading a nuke, I will still fire it >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:54 pm 
Advanced Member

Juicy wrote:

:? :?
Fanning spear is incredible...

Post subject: Fire Shield Series for Glavie???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:41 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Can this skill be used when using glavie??? I noticed that you have maxed this skill in ur article...

Post subject: Re: Fire Shield Series for Glavie???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:26 pm 

nSane wrote:
Can this skill be used when using glavie??? I noticed that you have maxed this skill in ur article...

Yes, carry a shield in your inventory. Equip the shield, select the shield imbue skill (keep it in one of your slots), you will see the fire light up the shield, you will also see the little shield icon up by your stats bars, now unequip the shield(put it back in your inventory) and equip your glaive. Now you still have the shield icon and the protection. I keep the shield, glav, and shield protection in f2 slots and just click over and buff whenver it runs out. I never knew this until I read this thread but I thankfully took the time and now wear the extra buff protection all the time. :wink:

Post subject: at 80 level cap ..
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:44 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

on your first image screen of caps for 80 lvl u say

Heuskal 80

Fire 80

Light 69 -- why 69 ??

I mean do the SP exp. stops after lvl 80 ? because as per your calculation above, 80 + 80 + 69 < 300 it is just 229 and 300-229 =71 .. so what happens to that 71 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm 
Frequent Member

why not get fire wall series? it increases MP resistance doesnt it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:32 pm 
Casual Member

Dont have room for one more tree? how come u only learn 3 when u can have 4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:05 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

MegaMan wrote:
Fly wrote:

So does that mean we do not get lighning?

Last edited by godzflame on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:48 am 
Valued Member

DeRanged wrote:
Dont have room for one more tree? how come u only learn 3 when u can have 4?

I thought of this build as a build that you wouldnt have to spend insane amounts of money on delevelling a whole tree. As soon as the cap becomes 100 It is impossible to keep 4 masteries at a level where they are effective at protecting/damaging, etc. you at higher levels.

I WILL edit the guide when I have time though, bit stuck for leisure right now.

^RESPECT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 am 

Great guide. Very well done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next