Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:24 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

oke i get it ty but 1 problem my mastery is lvl 19 and i'm lvl 18

Post subject: Very nice Guide
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:46 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

VERY, Indeed nice guide. Many people have gotten stuck on what SP Farming was, this is one great solution to help those people out and myself out. Thank you very much. :]

`[Trx]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:01 pm 
Casual Member

Key-J wrote:
I just want to congratulate The-Battalion on creating this guide which has even impresed the JoyMax team and have decided to Sticky it on the main forums.

http://www.silkroadonline.net/sro_board ... picID=4813

Congratulations once again.

Key-J

Many thanks to you Key-J. Do I get free silk :P (just joking, don't be shoked)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:38 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide!
Realy Deatiled!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:28 pm 

Quote:
Nice guide

Here is a sticky for you J.

joymax moderation team
-coffee guy

LOL

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:55 am 
Retired Admin

Um... whats so funny?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:37 pm 

The-Battalion wrote:
Example : I need 150 000 SP for a level 70 character. Leveling without a gap from 20 to 70 will get me 70 000 SP.
150 000 - 70 000 = 80 000 SP.
Thus I need to farm 80k.

How is this possible? Am I not looking correct or? If you level from 1 to 70 with 0 gap you will gain 4820 SP? How can he gain 70 000 SP from 20 to 70 without a gap?

Athens (inactive)
Level: 46 | Build: Pure INT [Fire/Light/Cold/Bicheon] (farming)
Level: 27 | Build: Pure STR [Rouge/Cleric]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:10 pm 
Casual Member

streetrobban wrote:
The-Battalion wrote:
Example : I need 150 000 SP for a level 70 character. Leveling without a gap from 20 to 70 will get me 70 000 SP.
150 000 - 70 000 = 80 000 SP.
Thus I need to farm 80k.

How is this possible? Am I not looking correct or? If you level from 1 to 70 with 0 gap you will gain 4820 SP? How can he gain 70 000 SP from 20 to 70 without a gap?

4820 is the amount you gain at level 70 with a 0 gap. You have to add each level's SP gain to get 70k :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:23 pm 

Oh! Big thanks for the fast answer. So I was looking on it wrong :D Thanks!

Edit Really nice guide! Keep em coming :)

Athens (inactive)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:45 pm 

Ok so this is what I calculated.

streetrobban wrote:
Char lvl 42 to 70
Heuksal lvl 33 to 70
Fire lvl 33 to 70
Lightning lvl 33 to 69

Required amount of SP for masterys lvl 33-70 (177 501 SP).
SP gained from lvl 42-70 without a gap (62 828 SP).
What I need to farm (114 673 SP).

Two things though;

1) Lets say Im done SP-farming when Im 98% to lvl 43. Then I should really start counting from lvl 43-70 (to know how much SP I gain from leveling without a gap) right?

2) If I die a few times while leveling from 43-70 (without a gap) Ill gain more SP right? The table shows how much SP you gain without dieing?

Athens (inactive)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:31 pm 
Casual Member

streetrobban wrote:

Two things though;

1) Lets say Im done SP-farming when Im 98% to lvl 43. Then I should really start counting from lvl 43-70 (to know how much SP I gain from leveling without a gap) right?

2) If I die a few times while leveling from 43-70 (without a gap) Ill gain more SP right? The table shows how much SP you gain without dieing?

1. No, if you are 98% of 43, count from 44 - SP gain is a multiple of Exp gain so if you are already at 98% exp, you have also gained 98% of SP.

2. Yes when you die you lose exp but no SP (except under murder status) - you lose 2% exp of your current level - so you will gain 2% more SP from that level.
Example : You gain 100 SP on level X. if you die once while leveling on level X you will get 102 SP for that level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 pm 
Casual Member

If you're thinking of sp you should also think about the quests as a loss of sp. With the exception of a few quests which give sp, the ones which only give exp will mean a loss in possible sp gain.

On the farming guide. Having farmed for a long time myself, I also wrote a guide back in October for my guide mates. We kept it to ourselves though, as to prevent an influx of farmers.

This was a nice guide for beginners to farming. Congratulations :D

Kodomo is Recruiting Now! Click here for more information.

Revelle, of Kodomo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:39 pm 

Okay, thanks for the answers! :D

Athens (inactive)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 pm 

Love the guid...Tx alot

And i didnt know that wind 2 elements are 2k ea....O_o
Im teh bigest noob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:10 am 
Casual Member

_Lana_ wrote:
Love the guid...Tx alot

And i didnt know that wind 2 elements are 2k ea....O_o
Im teh bigest noob

Actually after reading all this i´m the Bigest Noob ..lolz...
BTW Great Guide as i´m still in level 8 it will be very usefull..
Hi Everybody.... I´m in the Sparta Server 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:37 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

THis really is great guide :)
Helped me a lot :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hello everyone... I'm new to Silkroad, and I want to try building a strong character using this method. The question is, how could I do SP farming if I don't have good equips? Should I use different method?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:12 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide, but there are a few things I don't get.

Why exactly should I stay at lvl 16 ? If the 9 gap holds true, then upping my mastery lvl to 8 when I reach 17 shouldn't be a problem. Also, if the gap is greater then 9, does the gap effect stop ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:24 am 
Banned User

Quote:
Nice guide, but there are a few things I don't get.

Why exactly should I stay at lvl 16 ? If the 9 gap holds true, then upping my mastery lvl to 8 when I reach 17 shouldn't be a problem. Also, if the gap is greater then 9, does the gap effect stop ?

Well it doesn't stop completely, if you have a 10 lvl gap you still get the same amount of SXP as with a 9 lvl gap, BUT you get less XP. e.g.
9 lvl gap: 250sxp, 25xp
10 lvl gap: 250sxp, 20xp

Quote:
Hello everyone... I'm new to Silkroad, and I want to try building a strong character using this method. The question is, how could I do SP farming if I don't have good equips? Should I use different method?

The only way to sp farm succesfully(at low lvls) is to do what this guide.
says. You CAN however choose to spfarm at lvl 30's as you get way more xp/sxp there, but it's really hard to get a 9gap in the 30's and it takes way longer. But your choise. (Since you don't really have to have a soX weapons in the 30's I would still recommend it) And you'll be richer in the 30's lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:20 pm 
Casual Member

If i can 2 hit bandit archer with fire imbue, did u think i should go for chakji worker??

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:58 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I have been playing this game now for a month or so.
I made a new character to SP farm at lev 16.
My main char is at level 28 and i did quit sp farming at lev 25 (i just leveled with gap 9) at level 24-25 the best place was hyongno ghost and soldiers. with gap 9 and dist party 1 ghost gave me 206 xsp so 2 kills equaled 1 SP.

Can someone tell me how much Xsp one kill in stronghold gives?
And i've understood that you are advising to level till level 19 and the delevel to get best results (higher int)- i'm wondering could a person with char at leve 21 or more delevel himself to level 16 and then start SP farming then the int and stuff will be even more higher and maybe 1 shot kills are then realistic?

Post subject: hi...can anyone give me some advise...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:55 pm 

i'm currently lvl 25...and my gap is 5...i'm a str/glavie char...how can get many sp quickly using a glavie...???
or do i REALLY need to buy a bow...??? :?
then what if i can't find a good bow...what can i do...???

...this guide is very good... :)
i'll w8 for reply's....tnx in advance...!!!

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:12 pm 

Ocoatha wrote:
i'm wondering could a person with char at leve 21 or more delevel himself to level 16 and then start SP farming then the int and stuff will be even more higher and maybe 1 shot kills are then realistic?

I've thought of that too, I know you can de-level one level, but don't know if you can de-level more then one...

As for spxp, at lvl16 with a 9gap and a full party, archers gives 140spxp as far as i remember. 138 to be exact..but i'm not 100% sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:30 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

then its good to farm at hyengeon soldiers place too... spxp was 206 with ghost as i mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:39 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

cool man ^^ but i didnt understand about gaps yet.. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:41 pm 

gean wrote:
cool man ^^ but i didnt understand about gaps yet.. :cry:

Gap is the difference between your character level and your highest mastery level (skills)

Here's an exemple :

Char level : 16
Highest mastery level : 7

16-7 = 9

That means you have a 9 level gap, for each gap you get 10% more Skill experience points and 10% less EXP. So with a 9 lvl gap, you get 90% more Skill experience points and 90% less EXP. That's the key in SP farming.

(Not sure about 90% though, let someone confirm.. but that's the way i understand it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:12 am 
Casual Member

Ocoatha wrote:
then its good to farm at hyengeon soldiers place too... spxp was 206 with ghost as i mentioned.

No, that ain't better.

You can delevel as many levels as you want.

To be exact at level 16 with 9 gap you'll get 139 sp.

Why people farm at stronghold is because of the insane high spawn rate.

Something you will never see anywhere else, hence the best farm place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:40 am 
Ex-Staff

siew wrote:
If i can 2 hit bandit archer with fire imbue, did u think i should go for chakji worker??

No. Won't be effective at all.
Also nice, guide, I've found the estimates for sp earned without gt monkey, with gt monkey, 1-hit 2-hit ect to be match mine exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:15 pm 
Common Member

Is it a Fact that you get less exp with a 10 gap than a 9 gap?

Anyway... some people seem to be having problems understanding some things...

Level Gap:
Your level gap is the difference between your combat level and your highest mastery.

Example:
You are level 18 with the following masteries:
17 bicheon
0 heuksal
0 pacheon
0 cold
13 lightning
17 fire
0 force
Looking at the masteries above, lvl 17 is your highest mastery. It does not matter that two skills are at this level, it is still your highest mastery. So your level gap would be:
LEVEL GAP = COMBAT LEVEL - HIGHEST MASTERY = 18 - 17 = 1
The smaller your level gap, the more exp to skill exp you get per kill.
The higher your level gap, the more skill exp to exp you get.

Farming
Some people say farming is when you get a 9 gap to get more sp. I disagree. To me, farming is when you stay at one level to gain sp from a certain monster/s. This would involve having a goal set for the amount of sp you want and deleveling over and over to the level needed to reach this goal. You could actually farm with a 1 gap, but you will be pathetic farmer. When farming, you want to maximize the sp you can get with a 9 gap.

Can I farm with my masteries at level 16?
I would say: No. With such high masteries, you will gain almost no sp. Not only that, but you will level up so much quicker that deleveling will be needed much more often. If you are going to farm at the stronghold, you need a 9 gap. I saw someone post that they were like level 18 with level 19 masteries. This means your level gap is -1. This is not good at all for farming. What you would want to do is get to level 20. There is a quest to gather curst hearts. You will need probably 100+ hearts. Every 10 hearts can be used to take down 1 skill or 1 mastery. Once you do this quest and have enough hearts to bring your masteries down to 7, you can delevel to level 16 and begin farming.

Are soldiers or chakjis good for farming? I get like 300 skill exp per kill.
Not really. With 300 skill exp per kill, you get 3 sp every 4 kills. I, on the other hand, get 139 skill exp per kill. This means i have to kill like 9 archers to get the same amount of sp.

Here's the catch. When you are fighting, it may take you like 5 attacks to kill the monster. That means to get the 3 sp, you need 20 attacks (4 kills * 5 attacks per kill). I only need 1 attack per archer. This results in 9 attacks ( 9 kills * 1 attack per kill).

Not only do I need only half the attacks to get the same amount of sp, but I get my skills faster. When you compare the attack speed of every weapon, you will see that a bow attacks at the highest rate of speed. This means that by the time you hit the monster 3 times, I may already have dealt my 5th attack.

Then you have the advantage of long distance. A bow is the only weapon that has a range. This means while you are spending 3 seconds in between each monster to chase the next one, I just stand in one spot and shoot the next archer.

The bandit stronghold is the absolute best place in the game as far as spawn rates are concerned. Just in one spot, you will find like 6 archers. When I farm, I take them each down in one shot of the bow. By the time I kill the last archer, the first one is just about to spawn. It is almost a nonstop slaughtering of archers.

Advantages of a bow at the stronghold:
Faster attacks
Huge supply of monsters
Long Ranged Attacks
Archers take less attacks to kill
Less potions are used

Do I have to be level 16? I am level 19
You don't have to be 16 necessarily, but 16 is when you will gain your greatest amount of sp. You get more sp from archers the lower you can get your level. People start at 16 since a degree 2 bow will just not cut it. Also, the amount of regular exp is higher at lower level, so farming while in degree 2 = LOTS of deleveling. Most people delevel to level 16 and farm until 18-20. This is when you begin deleveling.

Some other comments, remarks, etc.
TwelveEleven wrote:
The only way to sp farm succesfully(at low lvls) is to do what this guide.
says. You CAN however choose to spfarm at lvl 30's as you get way more xp/sxp there, but it's really hard to get a 9gap in the 30's and it takes way longer. But your choise. (Since you don't really have to have a soX weapons in the 30's I would still recommend it) And you'll be richer in the 30's lol :D

You can farm effectively while in the 30's, but it is NO WHERE NEAR as effective as farming at the archers. Also, the drops you get may be better, but you will spend way more on potions and repairing armor. I actually find that I make more money at level 16 from mobs than I do from level 30s monsters (rabbit picks up gold :))

When you go to the stronghold, expect to be KSed. Do NOT complain about being ksed when you go there. When people read guides like this, everyone decides to go farm at the stronghold. The truth is, that there are only FOUR (more like 3.5) spots to farm at the archers. The archers spawn at the East and West parts of the stronghold. There are two spots in each of these sections, one to the North and one to the South. If you get a farmer that know what he is doing into each of the four locations, odds are that there isn't a single archer left for anyone else. When I farm, I actually take up like 1.4 of these 4 spots. I actually kill them so fast that I don't have enough in my spot, so I have to kill archers in the spot next to me to maximize my sp gain. Some farmers are not as good at farming, so you may be able to steal a few from them. However, you will have a much harder time trying to get an archer from me. I have actually seen 6 people in the spot I wanted, and KSed every single one of them until they all left.
I hate KSers and bots, but at the stronghold... everyone is subject to being KSed. There just aren't enough to go around. I've made a bunch of friends there(other farmers) and now I have to go elsewhere to avoid KSing them. There have actually been times where I had friends in each of the four locations, so I couldn't farm. If I were nice to everyone, I would NEVER get any farming done. So unless you know what you are doing, I'd say don't bother going to the stronghold.

Go for the ONE-HIT.
You will farm so much more efficiently if you can kill the archers in one shot. People can't ks you and you get way more sp. Pure Int characters can get away with an SOS +3/5 bow and kill them in one hit. Pure Str on the other hand, will most likely need a SOM +3/5. Once you can kill the archers in one hit, there is really no point in getting a stronger bow. I've had level 50s+ try to ks me just to show off... but they CAN'T. Every time they turn to kill one, I have already killed it and moved onto two other archers. How hard you hit does not matter once you can take them down with one attack. From then on, it's your skill and technique.

Party bonus in a distribution party does double with GT. You get 139 skill exp per archer at level 16 in a dist party. With a GT, I get 278 skill exp. That's exactly double. If it just doubled the regular skill exp and not the party bonus, I should have 267 skill exp per kill instead.
Regular Skill Exp
128 + 11 = 139
Skill Exp with GT and Party Bonus NOT doubling
(128 * 2) + 11 = 267
Skill Exp with GT and Party Bonus doublling
(128 * 2) + (11 * 2) = 278

Using a Bow
No matter who you are, I would use a bow from level 1 to around level 15. At degree 3, you can start using whatever weapon you want. If you are going to farm on archers, USE A BOW. If you plan to farm elsewhere, a bow would still be better, but other weapons could be used. If you did not intend on you character being a bowman, then just leave your pacheon m astery at level 7. Later you can get rid of this with the curst hearts quest.

If you are just filthy rich...
Then get a SOM/SOSUN bow. You will have enough fire power to fight bandits. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if you can one hit bandits, you will get sp much faster then you would from archers. Bandits also spawn like mad in the stronghold, and give more sp and better drops. It seems (on Oasis anyway) that a SOM will cost around 100m and a SOSUN around 150-200m. The price just seems to keep going up. This means you will probably be able to make a profit when you sell it. A decent SOS will cost around 15-20m. Most people can't even afford this, so I you have a SOM/SOSUN, you will have a huge advantage.

The-Battalion wrote:
NPC : Computer controlled character.

NPC: Non-Player Character. Basically a character that is controlled by the game. All of the shop keepers and people you get quests from are NPCs.
(wasn't saying that you were wrong, just showing what each letter in "NPC" stood for.)

That's about all I can think of for now... as far as a beginner's guide is concerned. If you have any other questions or think I made a mistake, just leave a post.

Post subject: yes..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:49 pm 
Common Member

Firstly.. Great and Detailed Guide.. Thx for share it to every Forum Members..

But. if u let me. i'll add my experiement, below ur DETAiLED guide.

For most ppl, ( especialy new starters ) there is a problem to get SOS 16 BOw ( whatever specs. its got ) in each servers 16 sos bow still Anormously EXPENSiVE ( 5-9 mil in alex or 4-6 mil in alps,troy-babel )

Well. as far as i remember, i'm the first member to get 100k SP in sro forum ( xian server ) and we made it with 4 friends continusly playing times. ( well it tooks 3 months :) ) and. BTW. i wanna share some infos about SP farm NUMBERS..

we made 1 charr with 100k sp with 16 lvl FARM STyle( 2.5 years ago ). Almost same way as ur guide. Then. 1 of our guild members ( also he's my wife's brother ) decied to play with us, and we made another way to Farm as easy ( easy eh ! Oo ) as 16 lvl Style

Then we made a decisioun and made 150k sp at 32 LVL GAP Style.
--------

All numbers given for 150k SP

--------

Here is infos : @ 16 lvl style u killing archers and they give u 136 SP and 27 Xp. and also @16 lvl u can lvling with killing 5000 archers ( %0.2 exp each arch. ) so this mean u can gain only 1230 SP for each 16 LVL. and this makes u 1300 DE-LVL => ~ 64.799 times to death !

So this is a basic numbers for 16 lvl Style..
------------------------------------------------------

Here is 32 lvl Syle infos : @ 32 LVL ( with 9 gap ofcourse which means 23 lvl mastery max.) with 32 lvl +3 ( or if u rich or lucky with 32 sos bow ) with 9 ciritic or better bow..... U CAN HUNT DEATH FLOWERS that 33 lvl moobs. Their respawn and respwn point as better as ARCHERS in Den. few spots got 3 flowers and same spawn time as arch. so @ 32 lvl with 9 gap. u need to kill 10k flowers due to high LVL EXP REQ. 1 flower giving %0.1 exp. BUT.. 1 flower also giving 320 SP ! so this mean u will gain ~ 3100 SP for each lvl of 32. and with a good bow, int charr can kill it in 1 Anit devil and 2 arrow combo shoot wiht fire imbue.. and those, saving %60 FARM Time. ( as above u can see archers SP ratio )

---------------------

Again. I never ever try to bother ur PERFECT Guide mate. its excellent and totaly complate for 16 lvl style. i just want to ppls know there is another way to make Sp farm.. Flowers just Perfect as Archers.. Other moobs NOT ! ( ahh, ishades that i forgot to count ! :P and its another story :P )

Regards :)

QUiT. LOONG TiME AGO!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next