Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 pm 

This guide is awsome. I got bored and calculated a bunch of numbers on sp vs exp between the archers and bandits to see which is more effeicent. Here is my excel sheet of all my data:Image
So a little summary of all this: Bandits give more sp per exp, which means you have to kill less for your total sp you want to farm. I calculated the total number of both I would need to kill to get 120k sp and there was a difference of 65995 kills. All data was with GT and full pt at 16 with a 9 gap and assuming you got from 16 0% to 16 100% exp and delevel fully. The down side of this is what some people have already stated: it is harder to kill bandits. But if you have a som or sosun with nice blues and +s I would say bandit farmer is faster way to go. I can provide formulas if anyone want to see how I calculated this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:08 pm 
Common Member

also B harder to kill than BA so this extremly effect ur killing time RATIO ! ( i didnt even count more POTS,ARROWS and FIND a B in training area ) - i realy forgot in den got dual spot of B, long time pass since quit -

but yes. harder moobs will give more SP at per lvl.. :)

QUiT. LOONG TiME AGO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:10 pm 

i farmed on bandits at 16 wif a SOS +5 spear cuz the SOS SOM bow price are ridiculous on almost every server

the bandit spawn rate is same as archer(no.of bandit < no. of archer tho) but they will RUN to u to att cuz they are aggro, so i din need to move at all
wif party 4 ppl, w/o GT, i gt 225 SP per bandit kill at lvl 16
but yes they are harder to kill and does more dmg, so if u hv a bow, go archer, if spear/sword/blade/glaive, go bandits (all hv to b SOX)

Very keen in making another build:
Warlock/Cleric

Post subject: sp per level chart
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:42 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i'm a bit confused.. say i'm lvl 10, does that mean I gain 472 sp when i'm lvl 10 with the gap being 9???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:43 am 
Ex-Staff

You cant tell people where to and where not to farm, if you have a sosun 16 bow, you would be a retard to farm at bandit archers, it all depends on your equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 pm 
Common Member

The-Battalion wrote:
I. Getting started

Example : I need 150 000 SP for a level 70 character. Leveling without a gap from 20 to 70 will get me 70 000 SP.
150 000 - 70 000 = 80 000 SP.
Thus I need to farm 80k.

Thats the biggest stupid thing that some1 told... to be able of lvling with 0 gap from 20 to 70 u need 150sp in ur example u idiot!!!! u cant maintain a 0 gap to lv70 with 80k sp farmed, IDIOTTTTT!! THATS why ppl farm, to lvl with 0 gap to x level!!! u farm the amount of sp that will let u lvl with 0 gap all the way U IDIOTTTT think before posting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:40 pm 
Common Member

duke_nukem wrote:
This guide is awsome. I got bored and calculated a bunch of numbers on sp vs exp between the archers and bandits to see which is more effeicent. Here is my excel sheet of all my data:Image
So a little summary of all this: Bandits give more sp per exp, which means you have to kill less for your total sp you want to farm. I calculated the total number of both I would need to kill to get 120k sp and there was a difference of 65995 kills. All data was with GT and full pt at 16 with a 9 gap and assuming you got from 16 0% to 16 100% exp and delevel fully. The down side of this is what some people have already stated: it is harder to kill bandits. But if you have a som or sosun with nice blues and +s I would say bandit farmer is faster way to go. I can provide formulas if anyone want to see how I calculated this.

yes but... how much time u have to wait till a bandit appears? and how to an archer appears, archers appear 3 times faster than bandits

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 pm 
Common Member

There really is no point of farming at the stronghold without a bow. If it's not crowded, then it's alright. However, it is usually fairly packed, and you're just going to waste your time running in circles while players with bows take the kills.

I haven't tried bandits yet, but they aren't worth fighting if it takes 3 or more hits to kill them. I count a anti-devil bow missile as 2 hits cause it takes like twice as long to fire.

I'm still not sure if bandits would be worth it even with a SOM/SOSUN bow. Even if you can kill them in one hit, there may not be enough spawns. Then again, I said I haven't tried them yet... so I could be wrong.

Someone mentioned farming at 32 and other levels. You can farm quite well at levels other than 16, but it is my belief that farming at 16 is the ABSOLUTE fastest way to get sp.

Pure Int Nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:56 pm 
Common Member

bandinopla wrote:
The-Battalion wrote:
I. Getting started

Example : I need 150 000 SP for a level 70 character. Leveling without a gap from 20 to 70 will get me 70 000 SP.
150 000 - 70 000 = 80 000 SP.
Thus I need to farm 80k.

Thats the biggest stupid thing that some1 told... to be able of lvling with 0 gap from 20 to 70 u need 150sp in ur example u idiot!!!! u cant maintain a 0 gap to lv70 with 80k sp farmed, IDIOTTTTT!! THATS why ppl farm, to lvl with 0 gap to x level!!! u farm the amount of sp that will let u lvl with 0 gap all the way U IDIOTTTT think before posting

yea yea.. thats why Joynax and forum admins worth to sticky this guide in thier guide sections.. u so true !!........... all of us idiot.. just u left, enstein !

just as u said.. '' think before posting '' something...., mate !

also use eye-glasses and read carefuly what ppls wrote..

EXAMPLE

QUiT. LOONG TiME AGO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:23 pm 

bandinopla wrote:

yes but... how much time u have to wait till a bandit appears? and how to an archer appears, archers appear 3 times faster than bandits

yes, archers do spawn much faster then bandits and inaddition to that and what kind of bow you have are factors you need to factor in yourself. I've done my own time calculations and I like bandits better, so use the data how you want, it's not saying one way is better then another for eveyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:39 am 
Common Member

duke_nukem wrote:
bandinopla wrote:

yes, archers do spawn much faster then bandits and inaddition to that and what kind of bow you have are factors you need to factor in yourself. I've done my own time calculations and I like bandits better, so use the data how you want, it's not saying one way is better then another for eveyone.

okok, i was not trying to discalify your research, i was only pointing the spawn frequency as a factor to deside a best farming mob/time

peace
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:31 am 
Common Member

After reading alot of sp farming guides
my opnion if u dont consider "TIME" as important issue.
at lvl 16 with any soX weapon
white tigers r best to farm.
#1 they only got 54 hitpoints more than bandits & give alot more sp points
#2 u can still survive on berries, u dont need pots
#3 DROPS. LVL 16 SOS WEAPON DROPS.
but these r only my opnions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:02 pm 
Common Member

Jazba wrote:
After reading alot of sp farming guides
my opnion if u dont consider "TIME" as important issue.
at lvl 16 with any soX weapon
white tigers r best to farm.
#1 they only got 54 hitpoints more than bandits & give alot more sp points
#2 u can still survive on berries, u dont need pots
#3 DROPS. LVL 16 SOS WEAPON DROPS.
but these r only my opnions.

Pretty much everything here involves time. I don't see a point in farming with a method that takes forever. Many of these posts debating on the best place to farm deal directly with how much sp you get per amount of time. Ignoring time is illogical.
#1 More hp means you need more attacks to kill them. Each arrow you shoot at a tiger could have been another archer killed.
#2 I'm pure int and need NO hp pots. Archers are level 12, so they aren't going to hit hard. I actually need hp pots for white tigers if I don't want to die.
#3 Archers drop level 16 sos items to include weapons and shields. I know this for a fact.

Pure Int Nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:02 pm 
Casual Member

SlackerOf2006 wrote:
#3 Archers drop level 16 sos items to include weapons and shields. I know this for a fact.

I farmed 120k SP on archers, getting a SoX drop every three days - I got alot of SoS, all but one glavie 24 were third degree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:44 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

read about farming in flowers....

thats is definetly no! i'm doing flowers quest with my main char and encountered 2-3 bots roaming around.... (as nuker i can kill flowers with 1 shot) still the 3000 flowers is very frustrating as the bots take over....

finally i stayed in place to just kill 2 flowers at their spawn point and slowly make my way past the quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i know its so strange, but i think we can farm at lv9 with lv0 of mastery tree. i think that because i ready have a lv8 SOX bow but not lv16 SOX bow and with me a lv16 SOX bow is so hard to have.
What do u think about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:17 pm 

That's imbue-less and skill-less farming <_<; gl. (btw, I wouldn't suggest it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:10 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

you'll change your mind if u have a good bow (like me :D ). if you have a good lv8 bow and more STR you'll have good damm!
i want to know how many SP in 3h farming you have at lv16??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 pm 
Common Member

spirit_moon wrote:
you'll change your mind if u have a good bow (like me :D ). if you have a good lv8 bow and more STR you'll have good damm!
i want to know how many SP in 3h farming you have at lv16??

There's no point in farming at level 8 with no masteries. To start with, you have an 8 gap. This means you will get more exp than you would with a 9 gap. Not only do you get more exp, but you need WAY LESS exp to level up. This means you will do a LOT MORE deleveling. You can't really farm at the archers with a level 8 bow because you won't hit hard enough to kill them in one, two, or maybe even three hits. A lvl 8+3 SoSun bow is like a lvl 16+5 SoS bow. Even at level 16 with this SoS, many people still cannot kill archers in one hit. Not to mention all the str and int you lose because of the lower level. You get no imbunes which makes you much weaker.

Pure Int Nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:39 pm 
Forum Legend

Nice guide, wish i had it when i started farming :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:16 pm 

hello,btw it is greatest guide i ever seen.

but i want some one help me in this!!!

am lvl25 with gap 8 i have sos bow lvl24 and i got now 11000 SP

is that good or bad??

and f it is bad,what should i do it make it better, and how much SP i must gained???

plz i need some one help me in this.

and really nice guide for SP farmer.

sorry for my bad english!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:11 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Cool guide 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:58 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I was planning to use this farming guide for my char and it was all going well, but then i accidentally level'ed my fire mastery to lvl 8 (stupid lagg and i pressed it twice :P). so now to keep the 9 lvl gap, i would have to farm at lvl 17, and delevel at lvl 18. Would that still work, or would there be problems?

Thanks in advance!! xD

P.S brilliant guide. absolutley brilliant. best sp farming guide on the whole web. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:06 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

dont worry ive sorted it out.

started a new char.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:29 pm 
Banned User

The-Battalion wrote:
V.[b] Gold tickets and monkeys[/b]

They are items that you buy using silk, you buy silk with real money via paypal or credit card on the official Silkroad Online website. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT try to buy silk for ingame gold for your own good. What these items do :

¤ a gold ticket, or "gt", is a scroll, once activated it gives you three hours of double sp and double exp during combat periods. So when you go killing archers, you get double sp and the ticket slowly runs out but if you stop killing things and go back to Jangan to stall then your "double sp time stops running out.) Time you don't use today will be transferred to tomorrow. Gold tickets last 24 hours or 28 days and cost 15 silk (1.5$ - 1.15€) and 130 silk (13$ - 10€) respectively.
-> There are a few tricks to know so that you don't waste your gold/silver ticket. Gold time counts down when you are fighting - but not in the same way depending on the mobs that you are attacking.
- Gold tickets activate when you attack something, once you stop attacking gold time runs for 20 seconds and then pauses.
- When mobs attack you, unless they are red, you gold time is activated. This is interesting because if ever you need to delevel during gold time, do not attack monsters and don't delevel on anything but aggressive red monsters and you will save your gold time for farming.
- In a party, set on experience auto-share, gold time stops. In a experience distribution party, [your gold ticket is active and it also doubles the party bonus your get.] (to be verified)

¤ a monkey, a squirrel or a rabbit is an immortal pet (mobs don't attack it) that picks up your drops and any other available items around you. It has it's own inventory, and you can transfer items from your inventory to your pet's inventory. Pets don't drop items when you die. Once activated it takes up 1 slot in your inventory and last 28 days - after that it expires. To buy a pet, it is 98 silk (10$ - 8€), to resurrect your pet it cost 48 silk (4.8$ - 3.7€)

A monkey is really a big help - you will see a lot of SP farmers chain killing bandit archers without grabbing their drops because it takes too long - your pet will not only grab your own money but also theirs - there is lots of gold to be made there. As for gold tickets, if you are planning on farming more than 50k and the bandit stronghold, if you can afford one don't hesitate.

If that is the case then here is some advice. While you are own "gold time" don't lose time picking up items, you really need to maximise those three hours a day by killing, killing, killing...

i would buy premium ticket instead tbh
what if u have GT and u cant get on server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:02 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

hey can you put in how to make sp to gp?in a guild cause i would love to trade my sp to gp in the guild i am in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:03 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Quote:
You can farm at the bandit archers until level 19, but at level 19 there is a sudden drop in exp and SP that you get from archers. I recommend going up to level 19 at least once so that you can add HP or Int to your character. You keep the extra HP and mana, the mana will be a real help.

This isn't true anymore. I'm currently leveling down from level 19 back to 16(taking forever) and I'm losing the Str and Int for each level that I go down..I hope I get it back automatically whenever I decide to stop farming, that or it gives me three more + again for each level. Maybe it's a change with one of the new patches. This is on Poseidon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:42 pm 

just wanted to thank u for making my sp farm expirience much easyer and peasunt :D :D

dom wrote:
At 12 I was scared to touch myself because Jesus was watching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 pm 
Casual Member

I'm told things have changed since I last played SRO. Having stopped (bots :roll: ) I can't be bothered to update the guide. I'm sure Key-J will permit an update on anything that requires it, so if you feel like contributing to the guide, pm either him or me.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:01 am 
Loyal Member

harman443 wrote:
hey can you put in how to make sp to gp?in a guild cause i would love to trade my sp to gp in the guild i am in

Just keep farming. Every SP you make = 1 GP for the guild. SP is one of the hardest things to gain in this game, i wouldnt give it up too quickly.

But to answer your question, there is a little :love: icon beside your Guild GP total when you hit "U". Just click that and tell it how much you want to convert.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next