Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:19 am 
Frequent Member

ventrue wrote:
first of all , your not scaring any one on porpuse , just that... your so dam ugly , thats just scary , and second , yes , yes i do nead to make a replay for ewey sentence , try to deal

You words cannot harm me.

And if i self harm it is my problem. Do not pm me asking if it is true - You know who you are.

Anyway, private servers are 'illegal' so they dont exist.

#Locked (if i could, so just imagine it is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:23 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

your still ugly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:56 pm 
Forum Legend

ziddy, dont be an a$$ dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:17 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

IceSworder wrote:
ziddy, dont be an a$$ dude.
lol, Ice calm down! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:02 pm 
Valued Member

ventrue wrote:
am..egyptology , cud you atleast say the name of that private...? or is that not alowed as well...?

Sorry bud, it's against forum rules. I just wanted you to know, yes, it does exist, and some stuff about it...70X normal exp/so oer mob, etc.

Anubis Ghost wrote:
Player1: GM why is my whale not moving?
GM: cuz he is not in water silly :-)
Player1:then why you even sell them if there is no water and they cant move??
GM: :-)

*sigh* I succumb...and got premium.

SRO; I CAN connect due to server traffic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:08 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Someone on this forum offered me to team up and write a private server. I doubt that will ever happen though, cause it will be just for fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:16 pm 
Banned User

most private servers do not work and are overun by hackers. I've only seen 1 private server actually do well and (even surpass the real game) and that is a longshot.

It wouldn't be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm 
Addicted Member

i play gunz private server (daemon rings) i know 2 admins in real life :P

----------------------------------------------
xFire: blurred1
Steam: l33chie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:35 pm 
Common Member

I've got a question... are they actually like the real game? Even with the extra exp and easy to get items... are combat situations going to act the same way as in the real game? I used to play runescape and tried out a private server for that... it was completely inaccurate. I didn't even see a point in trying it again. I think it would be cool to try out the best things in the game just to see what it would be like. I wouldn't even consider trying out an SRO private server if they were inaccurate. Even if they were... I'd only use it maybe once or twice for the kicks.

Pure Int Nuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:42 pm 

EwwBabel wrote:
private servers get boring and are even more hacked than originals.

+1 and besides, you cant really buy something thats non npc

being the lonely man in a server would suck, although uniques all to yourself

and unlimited 5* trades

(don't be fooled by my post count & join date, i've only started playing again after over 2 years, so I am a total noob once again)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:43 pm 
Valued Member

ziddy1232 wrote:

Anyway, private servers are 'illegal' so they dont exist.

#Locked (if i could, so just imagine it is)

Didnt stop L2, RO, MU, A3, WOW, and so on.

Just because it's "illegal" doesnt mean people won't host them.

And im sure if someone with enough knowledge about the game and how to code for it they could easily create a SRO server.

:p.

And i've seen alot of private servers do really well, like Ragnarok online and RF online and L2 for an example.

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:51 pm 

Frozen wrote:
egyptology wrote:
There is a private server that exists right now; it's currently in beta testing.

Accounts are started at lvl 70 I believe with 60X or 70X normal experience per mob. The beta testers get teh lvl 70 accounts while the normal users would start at 1...but with 70X normal exp....killing 1 mangyang = lvl 4 already. Meh..

In addition, botting is outlawed as in insant ban if you're even suspected of botting since getting to higher levels isn't that difficult.

So, it'll actually be bot free.

In addition, anyone can host their own private server meaning you could make SRO into a 1 player game (purely attacking mobs/uniques/etc.) with full sosun and such. Which...does sound cool, just like any other leveling game (ie. FInal Fnatasy the old ones) Blah...

Since it's against forum rules, I won't say the site though. But, yes, a private server does exist.

what's the site :P ?

plz pm me this site then.. or i would not belive u.. it's like soo easy to tell us crap.. prove us that it existst and we'll get u respect. or are u lieing to be "cool" ? <_< i've see thesekind of guys TOO much =.=''

crackdealers ftw.

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:08 pm 
Valued Member

2fast4u wrote:
Frozen wrote:
egyptology wrote:
There is a private server that exists right now; it's currently in beta testing.

Accounts are started at lvl 70 I believe with 60X or 70X normal experience per mob. The beta testers get teh lvl 70 accounts while the normal users would start at 1...but with 70X normal exp....killing 1 mangyang = lvl 4 already. Meh..

In addition, botting is outlawed as in insant ban if you're even suspected of botting since getting to higher levels isn't that difficult.

In addition, anyone can host their own private server meaning you could make SRO into a 1 player game (purely attacking mobs/uniques/etc.) with full sosun and such. Which...does sound cool, just like any other leveling game (ie. FInal Fnatasy the old ones) Blah...

Since it's against forum rules, I won't say the site though. But, yes, a private server does exist.

what's the site :P ?

plz pm me this site then.. or i would not belive u.. it's like soo easy to tell us crap.. prove us that it existst and we'll get u respect. or are u lieing to be "cool" ? <_< i've see thesekind of guys TOO much =.=''

If you don't believe me, I don't particularly care. I will not send you the site since it's against forum rules. If you don't want to believe me, fine. I'm merely answering the question of the topic...

"hey , i wonder , cud some one crate a private for sro?" --> //yes...they can and have it's in closed beta testing right now.

It's supposed to be a near exact representation of what's seen in SRO.

(Also, and more importantly, without my username and password, I don't think you'd be able to access the forums, so it wouldn't matter.)

Sorry in addition, I'm not as believable as you are since I don't have a superhigh post count.

Anubis Ghost wrote:
Player1: GM why is my whale not moving?
GM: cuz he is not in water silly :-)
Player1:then why you even sell them if there is no water and they cant move??
GM: :-)

*sigh* I succumb...and got premium.

SRO; I CAN connect due to server traffic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:53 pm 
Banned User

ye , they are making a Private server ive read about it , i saw screens to , ^^:d cant wait:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:56 pm 
Ex-Staff

If there was a private server, and I'd have to pay to play I would not do so. Furthermore, if SRO became p2p I would quit immedeately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm 

well, this thread is going down the shitter, but back on topic. A friend of mine has his own private wow server and it may seem like a cool idea but really it is quit boring unless you have as many players at the "real" servers. All we do is become lvl 255 and get custom made equip and run around and kill every monster with one hit. Even if you could get a SRO private server, it would be fun for the first few weeks to get all kinds of cool shit and pwn the uniques but after that it would get quit boring :banghead:

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:02 pm 
Banned User

A private server might be nice to try out some new builds ...
and ofcourse , to pwn uniques and run around with full sosun+9 geaR:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:10 pm 
Frequent Member

Private servers are just about impossible to set up. I helped someone working on the system for Runescape private servers and it's suuuuuch a pain in the ass. Basically you have to rewrite all the code yourself that was not included with the game that only runs on the server based on what you've observed in the game. So in other words, it's impossible to get it to function precisely how it does for Joymax.
All the drop rates, monster spawn locations and timing, monster walk around AI, monster attack AI, multiple player handling code (really hard!) etc have to be guessed at and completely rewritten. Then of course, most updates can't be applied to the client for the pricate server so you're stuck with what it is now. So yeah, a perfect private server is never going to happen unless someone breaks into the server room and steals or makes an image copy of an existing one lol
oh yeah, I almost forgot, in every game that people set up private servers in, they add in code to spawn any custom item like SOSun :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:29 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'm pretty sure this dumbass knows about GunZFactor and ijji.com. If you know either one you'd know me, Vash. Yes yes the nr 1 posting whore.

1)Lrn 2 typ3
2)DR GunZ Fails beyond failure
3)Private severs for GunZ is just retarded on so many levels.
4)Silkroad isn't as easy to get sever files as GunZ.
5)Silkroad has the shit sever sided and would be harder to host a sever. GunZ is p2p (Peer to peer)

I just find it funny that someone like this dumbass comes into a fan site and asking if there is a PSever. God damn leechers of GunZ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:03 am 

a long time ago... like almost 1 year ago, there was a group of people that tried to make a private server... i think the site was called..

sroemu... forgot

anyways, if i recall, the main developer, jermlin or nymble (forgot) got a job or something and quit.

anyways.. there is a sroemu out there.. but its only the map of jagan. no mobs.

WoW
BlackRock - ibeavl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:44 am 
Frequent Member

I played rebirthro private server.... its fun...would like see sro have its own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:18 am 
Frequent Member

tiglari51 wrote:
If there was a private server, and I'd have to pay to play I would not do so. Furthermore, if SRO became p2p I would quit immedeately.

WOO HOO! I never got quoted in a sig before :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:52 am 

Actually, reverse engineering of the server is NOT illegal, and could quite possibly be done. The problem with reverse engineering is the intentions behind doing so. If we were to build the server with the intent to steal service from joymax and charge for it, that would be illegal. Setting up a private server that would be used only for guild members, free of charge. That would not be illegal, so long as the intention is meerly to "test" the reverse engineered server as you are doing it for educational purposes.

Of course, these laws vary from state to state, province to province, country to country. What i am saying right now may very well be completely illegal for someone to do in California.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm 
Frequent Member

if you steal the exact code off their server, that's illegal cuz they own that. If you rewrite code from scratch, which is what most people have to do, and put it on your own server and it does the same stuff like spawn monsters, that's too general for them to sue and the only thing they can legally do is ban you from SRO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:36 pm 
Advanced Member

desolator144 wrote:
if you steal the exact code off their server, that's illegal cuz they own that. If you rewrite code from scratch, which is what most people have to do, and put it on your own server and it does the same stuff like spawn monsters, that's too general for them to sue and the only thing they can legally do is ban you from SRO.

Lmao but banning doesn't help .... You would just go play on your private server rofl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:03 pm 

It will be possible one day, if the server files leak out..

I'd like to play one, with bigger rates, coz SRO rates R t3h SuXx0rZ..

Then I might accually know how nukes feel like, instead of farming day and night. :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:04 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

beav wrote:
a long time ago... like almost 1 year ago, there was a group of people that tried to make a private server... i think the site was called..

sroemu... forgot

anyways, if i recall, the main developer, jermlin or nymble (forgot) got a job or something and quit.

anyways.. there is a sroemu out there.. but its only the map of jagan. no mobs.

They never got the source for monster spawning and something else..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:45 pm 

I didn't understand that at all.

Post subject: Re: SRO online private server
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:46 pm 

jackietang33 wrote:
MonstaH wrote:
ventrue wrote:
hey , i wonder , cud some one crate a private for sro? thats saunds realy stupid like , but as well saundet the GunZ the duel private server and sinse the 'daemon ring gunz private' sro private saunds like realiti and well . thats just a question , is it posible and will some one cud do try make one of those...?

1. No you can't.
2. Please go to school again and work on your spelling etc., I hope English isn't your 1st language.

I find tht offensive.

wtf i can spell vary good im skiled in

lolz

nice post ^^^^^^^^^ loser lolz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:59 am 
Banned User

egyptology wrote:

There is no private server BECAUSE the server files are NOT included in the game. Grims World, if most people know, is also a fake. They aren't doing any "Private Server", they're just trying to get people registered on their forums so "Grim" can prove to his friend that he got more people on his forum that believes he's making a private server then that friend. I guess most of you haven't seen it when the site got hacked. :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next