Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Gold Guide
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:16 pm 
Frequent Member

The Purpose of this Guide
This is not a step by step guide. You will still have to figure out the details. I can’t tell you what will work best for you on your server.

This is a compilation of many ideas posted in this forum as well as a few of my own. There are many ways to play this game. These methods may not work for all people.

3 main methods to make Gold
Sell: Elements/Stones/Items.
The key word is sell. In order to sell successfully, you must be able to stall for hours at a time, letting the largest customer base see your merchandise. I stall overnight, and during the day when I am not playing. If you cannot / will not stall overnight, then your profit will be reduced.

Stall Network

Use it! Use it! Use it!
It is your most powerful tool. Don’t know what you should sell that item for? Search the network and compare it to what is already for sale. Then tailor your pricing accordingly.

Selling an item? Always put it in the stall network. Sure you pay a fee, but if it means more people see your product increasing the number of potential buyers.

How to get elements:
1. Void rondo alchemy items. Get a helper pet if at all possible. They pick up items for you while you grind. Most people don’t pick up alchemy items but they do pickup gold. It is true you can’t buy pots with elements, but the alchemy items are worth anywhere from 1k - 10k. So if you have a choice of gold or alchemy items pick up the alchemy.

2. Destroyer rondo Items. All the item drops like weapons or protector that you aren’t going to use destroy for elements. Do Not NPC anything. Let me repeat myself. DO NOT NPC anything.

HINT* There will be times when you will actually by items from other people to destroyer rondo.

This link overviews the exact process of breaking items for elements.
http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12542

Element Storage
I recommend leveling a character on your main account to level 5, and completing the inventory expansion quest. This characters sole purpose will be storing elements, after all 32 slots are needed for storing elements. Characters on the same account share the same 5 pages of storage. There are two big benefits to this, one being you do not have to pay to take stacks of elements in and out of storage, and if you have a helper pet you can transfer items between characters for the storage cost of 1 gold.

Selling Stones
Learn which stones people are willing to pay for, and which are profitable to make for resale. There are some stones that you may only be able to sell for 500k, yet if you sold the elements needed to make that stone you would get 600k.
I do not make stones that aren’t in high demand and have a low profit margin. I look for a 200k+ bonus over the value of the elements and tab.

Buy low Sell High

I have not had much experience with this technique. There are some people who use this for there only means of money procurement and they are quite successful. You must study the market and be patient. A down side to this method is the majority of your gold can be tied up in investments for resale. The benefit is one good deal and you have made millions. Warning people get addicted to making money; it’s like playing the stock market.

Conclusion
Always remember to start with baby steps when venturing into any aspect of this game. People forget very easily that what makes this game fun is the journey, whether it is leveling, or becoming rich. You need patience for success.
If you are just starting out I suggest the element market, because of very consistent prices, and the largest customer base.
You must always be ready to adapt to the changing economy. Prices change daily as well as demand for different items. There are artificial market inflater's like Christmas and Thanksgiving event, as well as an increasing number of gold buyers flooding the market.

The dream came true

I am happy to say that I know a person who has a 64 sun+7 sword that he got 100% legit. With a few trusting friends they were able to pull together 1 billion in gold for the purchase. What’s even more amazing is that they are all relatively low level, around and below level 64. There power stems from the trust they have in each other. When a good deal arises they pool their money to make the big purchases and split the profit once re-sold.

The Rich Botter Myth.

A little pet peeve of mine that I want to touch on quickly. Botters that are still leveling cannot be rich for a very simple reason. The price of gear increases exponentially with level. If you are leveling at extreme speeds you do not have the time to make money, especially if you are botting 24/7 and never open a stall.

Gold Buyers
As I get higher in level I meet more players who buy gold. I am happy to say that I can compete with 9 out of 10 of them. If you don’t work for your gold it looses value and gets squandered. I know someone who has spent about $1,000 US dollars on gold and I will have better gear than him once I am his level.

Update sep 15:
cleaned up formatting, and wording
included stall network
added link

Quick update Nov 23

On my server the price of elements has changed a lot in the last few months. Probably do to the stall network. The whole part of destroyer rondoing all your drops is with an obvious exception. If you can't get good prices for your elements then it probably is worth just npcing it. I still think chances are though that its worth breaking most items below 8D.

lvl 65 4gap 84:84 bow inactive.
GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Last edited by glavie on Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:22 pm 

Very Helpful, But how do i transfer stuff between my two Chars ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:28 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Quote:
Very Helpful, But how do i transfer stuff between my two Chars ?

You put items in storage by talking to the storage NPC at any town. Storage is 5 pages long, and you only get 5 pages per account (NOT per character, as the 5 pages are shared between all 3 characters).

So what I'm getting is that I've been stupid by selling my alchemy items. :( Approximately how much is each element worth? (pacific prices, if possible). Is it worth rondo'ing every alchemy drop/item drop?

approximately how many elements do you get per item rondo?

looks pretty straightforward and simple otherwise (besides the last one, I fail at gauging prices and being a beast at investing). only problem i see is that for people who can't stall while afk, they'll have to stick to old fashioned NPCing off items OR sell elements at a really,really,really low price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:03 pm 

Thank For the Info about Storage Didnt realise that storage was shared between Chars on the 1 Acc, That is a V Helpful thing to Know.

Quote:
So what I'm getting is that I've been stupid by selling my alchemy items. Sad Approximately how much is each element worth? (pacific prices, if possible). Is it worth rondo'ing every alchemy drop/item drop?

Quiet Simply Yes Wind 2 Is the one everyone wants and fetches from 1-3k per unit, so you can imagine if your questing in a Area that has drops containing Wind 2 such as the Scorpion Quest and Collect alot of Scorpion Legs Drops Which have 3 Wind 2 Units in it , it can be very rewarding to make sure you get them all !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:13 pm 
Frequent Member

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=36993

This post will give you a rough idea on element prices. The jewels are wind2, wind4, and earth6.

If you have a pet that is the best way to transfer items, you load the pet up with goods, put it in the storage. Log onto other character and remove pet. It only costs 1 gold. If you don't have a pet it is still worth it to have a dedicated alchemy character.

The number of elements you receive from destroyer rondoing goods depends on the level of the item. If it is D2 you get about 20-30 elements. If it is D7 you get about 450+ elements.

Which elements you get are random, but they will be the same degree and 1 lower then the item you are rondoing. Ex lvl 5 chest gives d5 and d4 elements.

Most people who do the buy low sell high technique are either talented/ enjoy doing it..... or they have so much lag they can't grind for items.

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm 
Addicted Member

making money is simple just observe the economy on your server, there are times certain items seems to be more worth than others
for example now because it has been a long time since we had an event, past event items are worth A LOT right now especially the special job items and summon scrolls/pandora`s boxes

make sure you just know the market of your server since the more demand and the few items the higher the prices (that is why the reselling game works quite effective but i find it lame to use it) elements will get cheaper if more people tend to use this as their main income.

but having that gold is great you can get what you want right now but remember you can enjoy it now but getting degree 8 sos or even better is quite hard to collect all that gold quickly so take your time build up your bank so you can enjoy it later. i do it while sp farming that is a good way to get a break from the button smashing when you want to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:06 pm 
Frequent Member

borat2 wrote:
making money is simple

ROFL
Simple for some impossible for others. Not everyone can be rich :roll:

But yeah event items are a great example

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:27 pm 

great guide

i also wish i had started doing those things at early level -_-

Quote:
Famous quotations are for people who have nothing of their own to say, so be sure to use a lot of them. -The Onion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:51 am 

Grats,dude,YOU ARE A HELPING GUY FOR REAL

93 Wizz/Cleric
100 7:1 spear hybr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:02 am 
Valued Member

How would you go by getting 8D tabs? Their quite expensive then you have to gather the elements, I don't think you'll make much more then 500k. Plus I don't see many people selling 8D tabs either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:28 pm 
Frequent Member

Well.Kevv when I wrote this I had just started selling str stones. At that time I bought the tabs for 3.5mill and sold them for 6mill. So 3.5mill +600k in elements for2mill profit was worth it. Then 2 weeks past and all of a sudden people stopped buying for 6mill. The price of tabs stayed the same, and the price of stone dropped to 4.8-5.5 mill. I actually was using the make your own wind2 trick, before it was published here. So the only elements that I have to buy are earth 8. All the other elements I have an abundance of.
So the hardest most time consuming part is to get the wind2.

So I make about 600k+ the profit from the elements. It is still my main source of income.

Don't hesitate to raise the price of the 10%str stones. Usually str and hp are what people add last, so the 10% ones are in high demand. They don't want to assimilate all those 100% blues they just added. When I run out of the elements or str tabs, I just switch to int stones to keep my stall full. Not much profit, but better then having an empty space.

The server traffic has been so bad lately I can hardly switch to my element character and then to my stall character. I havent had anything to stall for a week because of this. :(

EDIT* I just saw in your sig that you are 4X. I don't know if it is worth it till you are getting 6d drops to destryer.

And Thanks Mihai

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:00 pm 

i use buy low sell high, but can i say if your using stuff like weapon elixirs, your only going to make about 30k per elixir so if your going to stall get a few of them or use a few much more valuable items.
another way is +3ing SOx note:only bother doing to 4thdegree or higher
by doing that you can make about 1.5m per sale. the higher the degree though you could make about 10million.start with SOS then get to know the prices of SOM and then finally SOSUN. but you might aswell stay with SOS because its much more easier to find.
hope this helps

Guild: Advent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:33 pm 
Frequent Member

Thats a good point Trivium. I have heard of success with +ing items. I am not a gambler, so I do not do it, but it works very well for some. Also I just heard yesterday that d8 shields have a good profit when +, since the elixers are cheaper.

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:58 pm 
Valued Member

glavie wrote:
Well.Kevv when I wrote this I had just started selling str stones. At that time I bought the tabs for 3.5mill and sold them for 6mill. So 3.5mill +600k in elements for2mill profit was worth it. Then 2 weeks past and all of a sudden people stopped buying for 6mill. The price of tabs stayed the same, and the price of stone dropped to 4.8-5.5 mill. I actually was using the make your own wind2 trick, before it was published here. So the only elements that I have to buy are earth 8. All the other elements I have an abundance of.
So the hardest most time consuming part is to get the wind2.

So I make about 600k+ the profit from the elements. It is still my main source of income.

Don't hesitate to raise the price of the 10%str stones. Usually str and hp are what people add last, so the 10% ones are in high demand. They don't want to assimilate all those 100% blues they just added. When I run out of the elements or str tabs, I just switch to int stones to keep my stall full. Not much profit, but better then having an empty space.

The server traffic has been so bad lately I can hardly switch to my element character and then to my stall character. I havent had anything to stall for a week because of this. :(

EDIT* I just saw in your sig that you are 4X. I don't know if it is worth it till you are getting 6d drops to destryer.

And Thanks Mihai

I actually just hit 50, heh have to update that sig now.

Yes D8 STR tabs cost about that much here, I found a stall selling a few of them so i'll give your method a try today and will tell you how it works out. Thanks for the help :wink:

Oh and buy low sell highs works well, just gotta have patience to check stalls every now and then and the time to stall the items. You get a bunch of good deals, my friend got a sos 32 sword for 600k yesterday and I got a 37 SOM garment chest for 2m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:45 pm 

proof my method works
i bought lvl 24 SOS bow 2.1m
+2ed it
and sold it for 4.5mil
i payed 260k for the 2 wep elixirs
so thats 20k under DOUBLE THE PRICE I BOUGHT THE EQUIPTMENT for

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:28 pm 
Frequent Member

i've found that destroyer ronding 8D weps are very good. I rondoes 2 i found while grinding...got a bunch of elements and 3 stones while the weps had 1 blue all together. so if u find a 8D wep with blues and is 1 mil or less buy it. You can probably get agood profit off it =D

Post subject: Re: The Best Ways to Make Money
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:14 am 

glavie wrote:
The goal of this guide

Notice the word 'Guide' in bold letters/underlined? Well, add GUIDE to the name of your guide :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 pm 
Frequent Member

Thanks pwnage, I will try out your suggestion, in fact I found a 64 ring for 300k that I bought last night. It will be my first D8 rondo.

Bloodinator. Good suggestion.

Though I think my title seems a tad ridiculous now, but thats all I could come up with on a Monday morning. :roll:

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:30 pm 
Addicted Member

Triv1um wrote:
proof my method works
i bought lvl 24 SOS bow 2.1m
+2ed it
and sold it for 4.5mil
i payed 260k for the 2 wep elixirs
so thats 20k under DOUBLE THE PRICE I BOUGHT THE EQUIPTMENT for

i cant call that a steady way to make your gold

you sometimes use 2 elixirs but sometimes have to use about 10 to get same results, but you are right making items better can get you a lot of profit if you are lucky not to fail in alchemy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:52 am 

Nice!
Selling elements is probably the best way for people below 30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:27 pm 

Quote:
Nice!

err no... as i said before i made 2.5m in a day just adding +2 to a SOS bow. elements are only good if you can stall for long operiods of time, they dont always sell fast. where as weapons are always useful, people are ALWAYS levelling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:22 pm 
Frequent Member

Triv1um wrote:
Quote:
Nice!

err no... as i said before i made 2.5m in a day just adding +2 to a SOS bow. elements are only good if you can stall for long operiods of time, they dont always sell fast. where as weapons are always useful, people are ALWAYS levelling.

Trivium
You are making a really big assumtion. You are assuming that adding +2 increased the value of the weapon. All you did was buy low sell high. Buy low sell high takes up much more resources than selling elements. Also items don't always sell fast. Elements are more predictable. Both methods work. It is personal preference.

Edit* people pay for bling. +3 glows white, +5 glows red, +7 is that weird yellow. A 52 sos + 4 shield vs a +5 shield is about 5-10mill price difference.

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:29 pm 

ok maybe it was a bit big :P
when everyone has had their say in the guidem you should make a final version and sticky that one instead, much more efficient :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:05 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'd just like to say there's NOTHING RANDOM at all, and no lack of stability of income in buying low, selling high.

All it takes is a little bit of effort on research of your server's market. If you find a focal point that you're quite good at, it's usually pretty good to specialise in that area (eg. selling soX weapons only). Bargaining skills for buying from people who aren't stall'ing are also good to learn.

The best trade I made netted me 12mil in profit. In recent times, i've made close to 20mil profit in a few days of buying / reselling.

Not trying to detract at all from the OP's method though... I totally agree with destroyer + void rondo items and selling the elements. It's an excellent way to gain a healthy amount of gold. (I mix the two techniques together for a nice bank balance).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:01 pm 
Frequent Member

Yep Tesai
I think you are absolutely right, I just find it easier to specialize in alchemy which is why I talked most about it.

I agree that if you are observant you can make a killing buy resale of goods.

I am curious though, how much money do you have tied up in goods for resale on average?

The most I have had tied up in alchemy was about 48mill. Usually its closer to 10mill. That is all d8 str tabs. I am not counting elements that I collect over time, just what I have to purchase.

I know a guild who buys low sells high. The main 5 members know each other in real life and they pool there money to make the big purchases. They all are good at the market and know little details like a som 52 blade is worth about 30mill less than a equivalent som sword. They all have been very successful and use sos/som full sets including weapons. They are probably the richest legit guild on the aege server.

What do you think of the new stall network? How does it effect your business? I can't tell yet because I get Dced before I can sell anything :(

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:22 pm 
Frequent Member

you barely have to be observant....the only way to make realy money (i.e. afford sos/som sets at every level) is to buy low sell high. There are deals everywhere. over the past week i purchased som weapons worth close to 40million for 10million...i bought my sos 42 weapon for 15mil pimped it now resale is going to be way higher when i sell it. Buy low sell high...you're basically set once you have ~5mil...you can start small (lvl 16 sos) and work your way up. the big thing is to KNOW THE PRICES of everything and buy low and sell high...i find such bargain deals that i can resell items for low prices by market standards and still comeo ut ahead.

grinding is another good way to make lots of money. By 52 and at penons you can make 1 mil a day...if you grind ~6hours.

while it is true that selling elements can earn you cash, it isn't nearly as good as selling/buying sos...it is true that it is addicting though. But i haven't ever lost money on a deal. The prob withbuying selling sos as the thread starter said is that you have to know when to say no. usually i stop buying when i have less than ~20mil gold...i keep that amount in reserve for emergency most my money is in the form of items though (i let friends use my sos/som stuff).

Mysterious Death Desert
Mysterious desert that causes mysterious deaths

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:08 pm 
Common Member

nice guide, but i find it hard to sell stones most of the time, anyone else find this?

Playing Guild Wars BRB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:48 pm 
Frequent Member

The first question is what stones are you trying to sell? Are they in demand?

2nd question is is it a profitable stone to sell, does it use expensive elements?

3rd question is the market already flooded?

Since the creation of the stall network D8 int stones have dropped in value to the point where it isn't worth selling them, same is true for D8 str stones. The market is flooded.

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:11 pm 
Ex-Staff

Looks great. Thumbs up.

But remember, money making is party about build too. With a bit of care, almost any archer can go under 50 HP pots per run, and only repair once in three days. On long terms that saves money too.

Post subject: helping pets (monkey)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm 
Banned User

First of all, It's a great guide!!

I have a question is it possible to trade a helping pet?
Like trading items?

On an other account i have some silk left since it's not possible to transfer silk i hope i can get a pet with my silkchar and trade the pet with the char I'm playing now (other account)

Thx fo replying xD

Bounzzer