Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:56 am 
Loyal Member

dungtran wrote:
ya i mean class, which class do u think fit the best with wizzard?

I would suggest any of the other INT classes...

Warlock would help you to kill stronger mobs (You use Burn/Poison, etc to do DOT damage, and then nuke the hell out of the mob), Bard has Speed buffs and there's a very useful buff called "noise" that works like chinese Harmony Therapy but it's for your char, so, with this buff, there are no aggro mobs for you (though it has level restriction, etc. and champs/giants are still aggresive), and Cleric will allow you to res your party-mates or heal them in a moment of need (it has VERY useful buffs too, but they go away if you change your weapon, so if cleric won't be your main class, then don't get the buffs).

I like Bard as a sub-class for wizard, but that's my playing style (though i like being Warrior the most), you choose what you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:09 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

thx alot for your help. i tink i'll choose wizzard to be main and bard to be sub since i think bard have buff that increase damage or str/int right? using wizzard weap u can still use bard skill right? or if i change weap my buff goes away? rry got too much question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:27 pm 
Loyal Member

dungtran wrote:
thx alot for your help. i tink i'll choose wizzard to be main and bard to be sub since i think bard have buff that increase damage or str/int right? using wizzard weap u can still use bard skill right? or if i change weap my buff goes away? rry got too much question

No, the STR and INT buffs are cleric, those were the ones i meant when i said cleric has "VERY useful buffs" but there are 2 conditios, if you change your weapon, it goes off and, those buffs can't be casted on yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:08 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

can i join your oasis guild once europe is out?

server: oasis
level: 3X
race: rouge/bard
skill/weapon: dagger/harp
character name: Rougefolife

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:31 am 
Banned User

so Europe chac. are base on party. those this mean both "real' player and NPC chac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:34 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Here's video with rogue.He's the one the berserker mode.Look at the damage
he makes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2inM7gKZG0c
And here's another video showing some rogue skills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlmMXqLGe7A
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:12 am 
Banned User

kellinatorv1 wrote:
can i join your oasis guild once europe is out?

I'm sorry i was invited into the SRF guild, so i'm joining that one. You might to be able to join it later. Though we are still debating whether to go hercules or odin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:34 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

So Wizards and Rogues are BOTH the damage dealers of the party? Wizards should do way more if they're pure INT correct?

And is it true that a rogue is even more powerful then a 2 hand sword bearer? :wink:

If the rogue can out damage both of these classes, I see some balancing issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 am 
Loyal Member

DwLee wrote:
So Wizards and Rogues are BOTH the damage dealers of the party? Wizards should do way more if they're pure INT correct?

And is it true that a rogue is even more powerful then a 2 hand sword bearer? :wink:

If the rogue can out damage both of these classes, I see some balancing issues.

Rogue can't outdamage Wizard... (Rogue is STR. Mag damage is always bigger than Phy damage) However, crossbows have very long range, and daggers move fast (do a lot of hits in a small amount of time) however, they can out damage anyone if the crit often.

(2handed sword is a tanker, their damage is not high... is the highest of the Warrior class, but still not really amazing...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:57 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hmm, I would go rogue then, but probably about 80% of the new characters created are going to be rogues.. I prefer being different.

I was watching moves portraying the skills of a Wizard, and it seems like they only have four skills that they even use to deal damage. (The fire ball, the ice thingy, the lightning strike, and the dumb earth looking one.) Tell me there are more skills?

And Wizards will level the fastest right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 am 
Loyal Member

DwLee wrote:
Hmm, I would go rogue then, but probably about 80% of the new characters created are going to be rogues.. I prefer being different.

I was watching moves portraying the skills of a Wizard, and it seems like they only have four skills that they even use to deal damage. (The fire ball, the ice thingy, the lightning strike, and the dumb earth looking one.) Tell me there are more skills?
There are like 6 books of skills in each of the 4 rows of elements, but they do different things. The 1st books are nukes; the 2nd books are status effects (except fire which is the fire trap); the 3rd books are new nukes but AoE, you won't use them as often as the first ones because they use a lot of MP and have a massive cooldown time; the 4th books change according to element (Ice: invisibility, i think, not sure; Light: Euro version of Ghost-walk, I don't rmember fire and earth atm) and the list goes on, i haven't experienced all the skills myself though.

And Wizards will level the fastest right? If you get a party (which is the main feature of Euro), everyone will get the same amount of XP (unless you are low level being powerleveled)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:59 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hmm, well the reason why I quit this game was because of the massive grind. Should I be satisfied now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 am 
Loyal Member

DwLee wrote:
Hmm, well the reason why I quit this game was because of the massive grind. Should I be satisfied now?

I think you should :D If you grind with your friends you might or might not level faster, depends on the quality of each member of the party and the teamwork. But if you party with friends, it is usually very fun. The grind time doesn't feel as long because the party system gives you a role to play, a task that makes all people to be the best together.

IMO this makes more sense to things like a guild because, let's say, you want to be thief and be feared by all people from you server. Being ina group fight and be good at it with a party of guildmates, will make people really think your guild is the better if they fight together as a group.

Last edited by HyorunmarouZ on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:56 pm 
Ex-Staff

Does the 2h sword look big ingame? If yes i'll take it :D

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:00 pm 
Advanced Member

1 fact wrong- even if u lvl0 wizard mastery and your lvl60, you can eat equip any staff... but you cant equip armour over your mastery lvl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 am 
Ex-Staff

MrBow wrote:

buuuummmpp

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:14 pm 
Banned User

MrBow wrote:
MrBow wrote:

buuuummmpp

Yep it does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:59 pm 

hang on....can chinese equip euro items, and do you have to make a new char to become a rogue/wizard ECT?

Guild: Advent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:48 am 
Loyal Member

Triv1um wrote:
hang on....can chinese equip euro items, and do you have to make a new char to become a rogue/wizard ECT?
chinese ppl cant equip euro items (thats y it says chinese on the bottom of some items).
and course u gotta make a new char in order to be a euro char....thats y its a whole other race :roll: (if in irl ur chinese u cant become european overnight...)

- j a c k y - says (4:48 PM):
i can do sexual puns all day my friend
RuYi wrote:
You just got yourself +70 Ru Yi points!
xDDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:54 pm 
Banned User

Vandall wrote:
Triv1um wrote:
chinese ppl cant equip euro items (thats y it says chinese on the bottom of some items).
and course u gotta make a new char in order to be a euro char....thats y its a whole other race :roll: (if in irl ur chinese u cant become european overnight...)

+ you can't turn your euro char into a chinese one. You can however remake your euro char, and make it a wiz. or a rogue, depending on which stat points you assigned. If you choose str you should go with another str build. If you choose int then you could make a wiz/lock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:47 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

i think i'm gonna pick bard..a must for parties and lvl up cleric just for protector...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:56 pm 

there is no garment in europe :|

Warrior: 38 Som +2
70:70 Bow: 31 Sos +3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:04 pm 
Banned User

Melli wrote:

There is..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:39 pm 
Loyal Member

TwelveEleven wrote:
Melli wrote:

There is..
he is correct! there are garms in euro :roll:

- j a c k y - says (4:48 PM):
i can do sexual puns all day my friend
RuYi wrote:
You just got yourself +70 Ru Yi points!
xDDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:28 am 
Advanced Member

thx the info really helped :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:54 am 

so when it says 2 masteries it means for example Warrior and Bard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

is it also the same w. chines race, if u lvl 9 gap and u gain poor exp?

Server: Alexander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:59 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

HyorunmarouZ wrote:
dungtran wrote:
ya i mean class, which class do u think fit the best with wizzard?

I would suggest any of the other INT classes...

Warlock would help you to kill stronger mobs (You use Burn/Poison, etc to do DOT damage, and then nuke the hell out of the mob), Bard has Speed buffs and there's a very useful buff called "noise" that works like chinese Harmony Therapy but it's for your char, so, with this buff, there are no aggro mobs for you (though it has level restriction, etc. and champs/giants are still aggresive), and Cleric will allow you to res your party-mates or heal them in a moment of need (it has VERY useful buffs too, but they go away if you change your weapon, so if cleric won't be your main class, then don't get the buffs).

I like Bard as a sub-class for wizard, but that's my playing style (though i like being Warrior the most), you choose what you like.

I understand , its upon the player to decide which sub mastery should they choose, but isnt there a thing that best match w/ certain main mastery particulary Wizard?

Server: Alexander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 pm 
Common Member

got wizard lvl 21 now i like it hit a 4800 in beserk mode :P
pure int:$

28 rogue crossbow/dagger/cleric

Quote:
I'm not aloud to buy shit off the net...Can you download any graphics cards or video cards or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:25 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

help with this build.

I wanna go bard sub cleric b/c all my friends decided to go pure wizard or tank.

I wanna do cleric just for res and the occasional group heal but mostly be bard.

Right now I'm a lvl 23 with bard mastery at 23 and cleric at 20 (I have my 60% ticket going) I've been going pure int, but have about 500 hp and lots of mobs are 1 hitting me. Should I now start going 2:1 int/str? Also, the cleric skills allow me to wear light armor, but will it interfere with my bard abilities?

All I have so far is moving march, mana cycle, group heal and its prerequisites. Any idea as to what I should do with this character?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next