Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Guardian Update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:32 pm 
Banned User

This was made to serve as a simpler explanation of the Guardian System in iSRo. All information is based on the information listed on the official homepage, and from input by multiple players.

Academy Establishment
The requirements to create a Guardian House are simple. You must be a Chinese or European character above level 60, and it costs 100k to establish. You can only create one establishment per character. You establish your guardian house at the storage npc in each town.

Academy Registration
Academy registration works much like the party match system. The guardian lists his/her Guardian House into the Guardian Registration System to easily enlist apprentices. Anyone level 1-39 can join a Guardian House. The maximum number of apprentices is 5, and the guardian can have a maximum of two Guardian Apprentices between level 40-59. You are unable to register to more than one guardian house at a time, and you can leave at any time, but there is a 24-hour penalty. You cannot rejoin an academy or create one within 24-hours of leaving. All members of a guardian house will be shown as red dots on the world map, so don't assume that your guardian won't know where you are at all times.

Cumulated and Accumulated Buffs
Cumulative Buff- The cumulative buff is a fixed rate of experience points gained by the apprentices leveling under the supervision of a guardian. The rate of experience cumulated depends on the apprentices level. After one hour of grinding by the apprentice has passed, it is possible to transfer the experience points to the guardian. After 24 hours of being logged into the game, additional experience points will not be cumulated. Right click the cumulative buff icon to confirm transfer of experience to the guardian.
Accumulative Buff- When an apprentice confirms the transfer of the cumulated buff, the set number of cumulated points after the confirmation of the transfer will become a percentage of increased experience for both the apprentice and the guardian. 20% of the cumulated number of points will be added to the experience that the guardian obtains while grinding. The apprentice will receive 80% of the cumulated number as an addition to experience points while grinding. The cumulative buff can only be activated while the guardian is online, which can easily be checked in the Guardian House interface, accessed by the hotkey L. As the number of accumulative experience decreases by 10, the experience gained will increase by 5%. 24 hours after the transfer of cumulated points is transferred, the accumulative buff will disappear.

Graduation Day
Upon reaching level 40, a character may graduate themselves from the Guardian House. When an apprentice graduates, they receive 50% of the experience needed to reach level 41, and the guardian receives honor points based on the rating left by the apprentice. The rating ranges from Very Satisfied, to the lowest, Very Unsatisfied. The guardian only receives honor points if the apprentice was below level 30 upon entering the Guardian House. All players who join at 31+ will not give any honor points upon their graduation.

Reward and Honor System
When a guardian receives Honor points for an apprentice graduation, they will receive a ranking, 1 being the lowest, and 50 being the highest. The more points a guardian has, the higher the ranking will be. The ranking of the guardian is updated once daily at 00:00 Silkroad time. The rank, honor points, and rewards can be checked at any storage npc. It will take a long time, and a lot of patience to earn enough points for a Sun weapon, let alone a SoMoon, so please consider the long wait between the time you establish a guardian house to the time you can get a reward.
Honor items- Honor items are purchased with not only honor points, but with ingame money as well. The rewards, as far as we can tell, are sos, som, and sosun weapons and shields. You cannot obtain seal equipment other than weapons and shields. Honor items can only be repaired a certain amount of times, and upon the repair number reaching 0, the weapon will be useless. To prevent the loss of a hard earned piece of equipment, you must purchase a magic Stone of Honor to raise the repair number. Magic stones of Honor are purchased for a set amount of Honor Points, and the required points to purchase a stone increases with the degree of the weapon the stone is to be used upon. Honor Items can only be equipped, bought, and played with by guardians who purchase them themselves. The items cannot be sold to non-guardian players.

Looking for volunteers!
I am looking for level 60+ players, all servers are welcome to participate. I want level 60+ players to help me by posting their questions and findings about the guardianship.

Guide by Itonami, please do not take this without asking. =]

This update was implemented July 24th, 2007.

Last edited by Itonami on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:00 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:43 pm 

What's the point of the buffs, and what's the incentive for the apprentice? I don't get that part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:54 pm 
Common Member

I think the experience points gained are in addition to the normal EXP you get, so this means an increase for both people. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:54 pm 
Banned User

It's pretty much powerleveling.

The poitnof the buffs is to increase the exp that is recieved when you grind.

Say in 24 hours, an apprentice grinds up.. 10k cumulative buff points.
When he transfers them to the guardian, the apprentice recieved 80% of the cumulated buff as extra experience, the the guardian gets 20% of the cumulative buff as extra exp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:53 pm 
very decent and informative guide.

just 2 things.

when will this update be implemented? is that part of the euro sro or will it be
an update later on?

oh and
Guides n tuts sticky wrote:
note: when posting a guide, i expect it to say [GUIDE] in front of
the topic name. otherwise i wont see it as a guide and it will not be stickied.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:52 pm 

cin wrote:
very decent and informative guide.

just 2 things.

when will this update be implemented? is that part of the euro sro or will it be
an update later on?

oh and
Guides n tuts sticky wrote:
note: when posting a guide, i expect it to say [GUIDE] in front of
the topic name. otherwise i wont see it as a guide and it will not be stickied.

;)

Everything is going to be updated at once.
If not, then that was really, really stupid for joymax to get everyone's hopes up, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:49 am 
Common Member

Good job, Ito! :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:28 am 
Retired Admin

Very Helpfull! Thnx for that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:50 am 
added to section "other" in the main stick.

i will make an euro section in the sticky when we get more guides ;)

good job and good thing u put [GUIDE] in front of it xP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:42 am 
Banned User

Rofl, once again proves how lazy people are.. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:54 pm 
Casual Member

Nice guide. The part "Honor items can only be repaired a certain amount of times, and upon the repair number reaching 0, the weapon will be useless." sucks though. Unless there is an unlimited use on those Stones of Honour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:17 pm 
Banned User

Once I get some lower levels in my guardian house, I'll be sure to tweak the current information in this guide and add anything new. Anyone willing to come to Greece to help me find out this stuff as an apprentice, let me know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 am 
Banned User

Nijushiho wrote:
Nice guide. The part "Honor items can only be repaired a certain amount of times, and upon the repair number reaching 0, the weapon will be useless." sucks though. Unless there is an unlimited use on those Stones of Honour.

Think of the Honor SoX items as prepaid phones. You get to use it all you want until it runs out of "minutes" (in this case repairs). Then it's time to use that hard earned money (and honor points) to recharged your prepaid SoX weapon :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:09 am 
Banned User

Updated information regarding Magic Stones of Honor and the way they are putchsed ect in the guide.

That should clear things up a little bit. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:47 pm 

nice guide thanks man :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:27 am 
Banned User

Looking for volunteers from any server to give me info as they do their guardian thing.

Send me a pm if you'll help me complete this guide + find different rates of honor points ect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:52 am 
Banned User

Updated main post.

- Fixed type of items available as rewards
- Fixed typos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:15 pm 

This may be very VERy useful,so lets see i got an euro char with money, and i'm going to power level at penons with my guardian, i receive more xp =?

Utima_fasd
Zeus
Warrior/Cleric 4x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:28 pm 
Banned User

how many honor points does one grad get you? i can't seem to find the info on that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:43 pm 
Common Member

Very informative, cheers, [NF]Itonami!

:love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:35 pm 
Banned User

I don't know how many points yet, this is why i'm looking for 60+ Chinese characters to help me calculate points.

Updated main post again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:46 am 

Master stones FTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:59 pm 
Banned User

mmsicis wrote:
Master stones FTW

What does that have to do with anything? *confused*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:13 am 
Common Member

A question about cumulated and accumulated buffs: when the cumulated points are transfered after 24 hours online then that buff begins again or it's only for 1 time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:58 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

wilobix wrote:
A question about cumulated and accumulated buffs: when the cumulated points are transfered after 24 hours online then that buff begins again or it's only for 1 time?

Good question. Unless Joymax has the answer somewhere, no one will now for a few more hours still... (Since this update isn't even 24 hours old)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:30 am 
Banned User

It begins again after 24 hours. I'll add that into the guide this Friday, which is when I'm adding in all of the info gathered so far.

Good question though, I almost forgot to write it down onto the list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:52 am 
Banned User

Thanks for the guide ma'am. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:14 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide mate, but one thing, I know you can leave a academy after 24hours but it says you will lose some points this being from a apprentices point of view, what so called points do i lose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:28 pm 
Common Member

Me and my friend were training, he is the guardian. When we tranfered points he got 900 P. Then we started to loose the accumulated points for each kill... Why is that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 pm 

Im level 64 and I made an academy. Im really confused. My apprentice got 100 points then transfered them to me. when he did all that happened wass the accumulative buff appeared and it said "100 points" when I hovered over it. I went to the storage and tried to buy one of those stone things but it said I didn't have enough points. Is there something Im missing?