Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

After reading the topic , what's the chance of this build to succes ?
0% 18%  18%  [ 39 ]
20% 10%  10%  [ 22 ]
40% 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
60% 8%  8%  [ 18 ]
80% 10%  10%  [ 22 ]
100% 11%  11%  [ 23 ]
I really don't know , need to test it in real game 39%  39%  [ 83 ]
Total votes : 213
 Post subject: [GUIDE]: Hybird 1:1 Glavier (may be spear) UPDATED (cap 90)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:58 am 

Before you start
Before saying : noob, not work, really shit, go to hell, will owned ... etc .. try to read my words and study this build well , ans may witch the vedio , it's a good planed build but need your precious advices to be completed .. so plz read carefuly and read all the topic before say anything ...
I have planed it while my VGA card not working and I couldn't play SRO for a while so I started to plan new builds thinking about cap 90 .. I thought about 5 new builds but I found them all some shit .. only this build seems to be good enough ...
And now I have a 1:1 character in Hercules lvl 29 gap 9 farming .. and I will tell you about the advance of this build ..

The story of this build and why to make it
I will tell you the story of this build to know how I think ..
First I was thinking about hybrid bow .. I always say hybrid bow better than pure str bow against glaviers because if both are pure str a glavie have more HP, and more attack than a bow .. so I began to think that a hybrid glavier will be better than 80:80 bow .. let's compare :

Glavie have more phy attack than bow
Glavie have more mag attack than bow
Glavie have more HP than bow
Glavie have stun & KB as bow
Glavie have not range like bow
Glavie have not crit skills like bow
Glavie haven't (350%) skills like bow
Both haven't sheild to be super tanker or add more INT & STR

From these points I see that hybrid glavier will be better than bower , glavier have both better phy & mag attack , glavier have more HP , hybrid don't depend on crits at main so it will give glavier more chance to be better ...

Glaviers are always done as tankers with little damge .. and this make a lot of people be bored from using glavie .. Why not make new heavy damger glavier and still have good amount of HP ?! ..
SRO started from long time and still have the same builds .. why not give People new good build to choose ? ...

People always say that builds like this are noob builds .. yes you speak right .. only noobs did these builds so it's sux .. but any one think about a professional ppl make a very good plan to skill his noob charecter and make it a good one ?

No I think that you are with me that make a good diffrent thing is a good goal enough to spend time and thinking for it .. at least to give some people more fun .. some people love to see new blood in the game ..

We are making Hybird .. what's the best balance for it ?
It was the first question i asked myself .. we made 80:80 for bow because bow have phy attack equal to mag attack ... but glavie have the highest phy attack and the second mag attack .. see this chart first and make sure you noticed well :

let's take an example of npc degree 8 weapons attack and see ...

BOW : phy attack = 559 , mag = 894
Blade : phy = 551 , mag = 813
Glavie : phy = 616 , mag = 896
Sword : phy = 508 , mag = 882
spear : phy = 560 , mag = 986

so it's as following :
phy attack : Glavie > Spear > Bow > Blade > Sword
Mag attack : Spear > Glavie > Bow > Sowrd > Blade

I think you know now that If we plan to use a glavie as a hybird weapon we need to have more STR than INT ..
So I tried to increase the 80:80 ratio toward the strength of the charecter .. (in real game 70:70 when fully pimped by str and int will be 80:85 not 80:80 that mean more mag than phy .. )

when I get first phy balance greater than mag balance i found that it's so near from 1:1 str : int ... so i added some other points in str to make it 1 : 1 hybird .. it will be easier ... and the balance was (85% phy and 78% mag at lvl 80) with fully pimped set with str and int .. when I made this charecter naked (without any str or int bonus) i found the balance is 75% phy and 62% mag ... I think that this balance is very good to make a heavy damge by glavie (don't depends on crit at main) ..
I was planing to 90 cap .. so i tried to increase the lvl to 90 and add the new str and int points I found the balance become : 84% phy and 76% mag

EDIT :
this was before I know that you can put 6 INT & STR on your degree 9 items .. so I calculated again and the result was : (86% phy & 79% mag in lvl 90 ) so great

you will have great boost in your attack from the imbue and still very good from your weapon skill .. and about your HP it will be more than 16.5 K in lvl 80 !!!! you will not lose a lot in your HP but you have more and more damge .. (you will know soon that you didn't lost real HP .. you will have better chances ..

See the balance and charecter stat in this links :
The charecter stat in lvl 80 :
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Build_Applet/?profile=39812
The charecter stst at lvl 90 :
http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Build_Applet/?profile=39977

The Glavie/spear matter
After doing this guide a lot of people always say that spear will do more damge and will be better .. and another 1:1 bower say that spear do more damge than glavie in his hand .. so ppl start to switch this build to a spear ... Now let's compare spear and glavie :

- If you wanna use nukes only to lure monsters / freeze people you can use glavie , it's not a matter the mag attack here .. but If you need to do some damge with nukes too you need spear that's will help ..

- if you wanna use 80:58 balance naked you Must use glavie .. it's a big difference to STR and you should consider that and use glavie .. and when you use 1:1 and have more str in your set than int this will give you big difference too .. you must use glavie too .. put if you get phy and mag close to each other you have the choice to use spear ..

- If you search about good crit weapon you will go spear , you can find crit 12 , 14 , or more in spear .. and find good crit glavie is harder .. but off course glavie will do more damge from crits .. it's only to have more times to crit ..

- If you use skills with low phy attack (like combo[86%]) it's better to use spear .. you will see the difference as the attack have more mag from imbue (100%) .. but when you use high phy attack skill glavie will be more effective .. i don't mean have both spear and glavie and switch them during battle (even it's funny idea) I mean choose weapon depends on your playing style ..

- if you wanna really confuse your enemies use glavie .. they will say that you are the biggest noob in planet when they see a glavier nuking .. and they will not understand when they see you deal great damge more than pure str and tank better than him with snow shield .. some people love to put others in puzzle .. also some people love the spear look and others love glavie look .. don't forget the ppl mood .. it's important

That's all about the glavie and spear .. that's depends ... for my character I used glavie from lvl 1 ~ 24 it work nice with this build at low lvls , I was planing to continue with glavie but I found SOS spear lvl 24+2 crit 14 with 1.8 m , I bought it and later exchange it with SOM spear +76% phy attack .. I didn't find glavie better at this degree 4 .. and I'm farming now with it and it work so fine ( when I used spear I concentarted in more INT in my set to do better ) ..

So I suggest use the best weapon you find (glavie or spear) till you reach the cap and then you can choose glavie or spear or both .. this build have more flexibility for weapons ..

Now after the balance .. what's the best type of armor for this build ?
My first think was about protector .. protector will give you better chances against pure str builds specialy pure str bow that can easily kill you if you wear garment .. you don't need to worry about nukers .. they still can't kill you .. you have more mag def from your build that can give you the amount you lost by protector instead of garment .. you also have decent amout of HP and can survive enough against nukers .. you already kill them fast .. but If you have any other suggestions better than protector plz tell me .. and also read the skills plan and take your time to think about the best type of armor

And we here with the most important thing .. the skills
Heuksal 90 / Light 90 / fire 70 / cold 50

http://bobtheveg.dyndns.org/SRO/Char_Build_Applet/?profile=39977
That's right , this charecter builder have it's skill with 70 at max and don't have the new skills yet .. but you can have a look to support the picture of the skills in your brain .. but my main charecter builder I used was this :
http://nivlam.com/char/
But for sry we can't save our work there .. So I will tell you every mastery and every skill ..

Heuksal 90
I almost will say what all guides say here in this section .. it's your weapon , you should max it all , it's your main mastery and if you plan to not farm a lot in low lvls and start farming in high lvls you should max this mastery first ..

Annihilating Blade Series
It's always a good advice to skip this skill to don't waste your sp .. you have other skills do the same effect but it's better .. So skip it ...
EDIT:
After playing the character In low lvls I started to love this skill as I have not a lot of skills to choose between and this skill have no delay after or before casting so I use it to link other skills to solve the reload time of skills .. You can have the first book in low lvls till you hit 31 and have new skill may do the job instead ..

Fanning Spear Series
Your elite shield against mag attack .. you can block or decrease the mag attack a pure int charecter can do .. max this series .. you will not only meet nukers , you will have to meet wizards and warlocks .. that can kill you if you don't kill them fast .. that's the best skill can save your life against a pure offering from a cleric .. it's have 15 sec effect and have longer cooldowm timer .. so make sure you will use it at the right time ..
have your 1st and 3rd book that increase mag def and don't concentrate on 2nd and 4th book .. this block the mag attack with percentage semms good but the INT based builds always heavy hits on you and may 1~2 hits you so you need to mag def more than block .. block will work fine only with mag combo as red eyes ghost do and wizard do .. but these moves are rare in the game ..

Heuksal Spear Series
Some people say that this skill isn't the worth to get .. but you should notice that this skill at 3rd book can attack 3 enemies with 200% increase .. it will take less time than your soul spear and still do good damge I use it in PVE as my main attack .. in last book you attack 3 enemies 2 times , and you can dull them .. lol .. dull is so great and normal pills can't let it go away and it still 20 sec .. IMO it's the best AOE effect .. your AOE attacks in this build will be more important than a pure str .. read the rest of skills explain and also read the next section of " grinding and tactics " .. Max the skill and use it with your light imbue and you will kill faster ..
And for pvp .. use it use it use it .. dull your enemy and he should hate you

Soul Departs Spear Series
your best attack that can stun your enemy .. you know already that's very important in PVP and PVE too but its use in PVE will reduce in this build as you need faster attacks that have AOE .. but heavy attack with stun will still have special postion in glavier hearts and enemies heads .. :D

Ghost Spear Attack Series
And here is your best attack MAX , too fast attack (its delay is after doing the move not before) , have great AOE with good range , and can KB enemies , this skill with light imbue while 5 monsters around you means great damge to them all you know how light imbue transfer damge to other target .. and in the new cap you will have new book in this move and this should make it so great to use in 1:1 glavier ..

Chain Spear Attack Series
Your chain .. you still have the choose between 4 combo attack with 100% each or 6 combo attacks with 86% each .. I think the use of this will be for PVP at most, and for PVE you need AOE as fast as you can .. and this chain will take long time before let you AOE again .. and you are killing fast enough so you enemy will die before you end this combo .. it's your choose to Max or not to max ..

Flying Dragon Spear Series
Your ranged attack .. will be so great to lure mobs and will be good starter with ranged attackers in PVP .. very important skill that have AOE too .. also still good to attack enemies near you .. the AOE will be better in nearby enemies and it's fast skill too Max

Cheolsam Force Series (Passive)
Max Max Max .. your HP increase passive ..

Light 90
lvl 90 light is the key to a succesful 1:1 glavier .. you need to max all skills here .. it's the thing will make you a special build .. this will give you great chance ..

Thunder Force Series
your imbue .. use it with every AOE glavie skill and you will multi hit everything at the same time .. enjoy killing 5~6 monsters fast at the same time .. light imbue with your ranged attack will be good to lure more mobs .. and at last elerctric shock effect is so cool and let you make bigger numbers in your attack (Now I know that you will deal the same damge as Fire if you elctric shock the enemy) .. some people are immunu to cold .. but no one think about that with light .. and mobs will be under the effect all time as you use AOE .. you will see that you deal great damge better than pure str .. And this light can transfer effects .. you can frost. 2 enemies by cold wave :D ! .. can stun other enemy that I don't attack atm .. (the most funny thing was that I can get crit on 2 enemies at the same time with anti-devil :P ) .. this light is so cool ..

Piercing Force Series
yes .. that's the point of light .. that's main reason to make 90 light .. you are a hybird .. have decent mag balance and good mag attack on your glavie (may use spear) ( better than bow and sowrd ) so if you max this mag attack buff you can do the max damge you want from glavie .. and this buff will give you good chance to nuke .. this have more ##% than the phy attack one .. so you need this at max .. make sure that this is your first buff ..

Wind Walk Series
Don't forget the advantage of being the fastest in the game .. you have all speed buffs at max .. you will not fear a pure str bow as you will reach him in no time with your shadow walk .. and you will reach nukers and all 10 m ranged ppl in so little time by your speed walk .. you also can get out of hard situaton easily .. this give you best advantage in jobs too .. this will also give you very good chance to grind mobs .. you will move too fast and that'a a better chance to have faster exp/sp .. you already love this skill and you always hate that you don't have it maxed as a pure str glavier ... you can enjoy it now ...

Lion Shout Series
mmmm ... mag based with range and short transfer range and numbers .. INT builds use it as a good finisher .. but I think it's not suitable for you .. you have better moves to finish .. (and you already have a lot of mobs around you ) .. and off course in pvp you can finish better with ghost spear .. but you may use it to lure monsters fast and from range in low lvls .. and if you plan to have more mag balance in eairly lvls and will put str points later you can use this mag attack off course ..

Concentration Series
who hate parry ratio ?? .. pary ratio like more def .. some people say that this is so good to avoid effects as (KB, KD, Stun, Dull, Bleed... etc) and I'm not sure ? .. also is good to avoid high attack rating .. this parry ratio works against both phy and mag attack .. you will see the diffrence when you max and buff it ..

Thunderbolt Force Series
The light nuke ... will deal decent damge but not high enough .. so you can use it as a starter or ranged attack in pvp .. and a multi lure attack with decent damge in PVE .. If you love to nuke in some situation max it .. if you just need to open few books and don't up them .. your last book will be lvl 90 .. you need a lot of sp to get it .. so it's depends on your style and sp ...

Heaven's Force Series (Passive)
Should I speak about passive again .. parry ratio again .. so great ...

fire 70
As a you have more phy def and attack from your build and weapon you need fire more than cold .. fire is your second force ... we don't max it but still very good at lvl 70 .. great chance to boost your performance ... but not a lot of skills we need here .. only few ..

Fire Force Series
we don't need another imbue , it will not give us more attack (as it's 70 only) and will not give better effect (burn is the least effect) .. and don't have AOE .. will not help .. skip ..

Fire Shield Series
Need a shield to buff .. If you plan to use a shield to only buff this and have great resist against effects you should max this .. if you don't like to switch weapon to buff don't think about it ... any way it's useful in pvp not pve .. and you can think only about cold monsters because they are the only monsters can make a good effect ..

Flame Body Series
You know the story .. all str builds go after this buff to max we will max it to 70 only .. it still good enough to boost your phy attack .. will work well with mag attack increase make you damge everything by your heavy attacks ...

Fire Protection Series
Mag def now .. you need it .. you still haven't the best mag def to skip this .. it will help you a lot .. important buff too..

Fire Wall Series
You think about that ? the elite fire wall that can help you against wizards and int based charecters ? .. people always say that it's useless .. but some other use it to survive in tide matters .. It can bloack a very strong mag attack easily .. but remember .. you can't move while using this wall .. and you don't have enough ranged attack to finish the enemy in fire wall mode you need to get close first .. but they always have the chance to run away .. not the best choise but still a choise for some people ..

Flame Wave Series
What's the point of it ? .. yes fire nuke have AOE .. but not enough .. and your fire isn't your max force .. and you don't need to waste SP .. only if you get all planed skills and have spare of sp and don't know where to spend them put some here .. otherwise don't try ...

Edit : if you plan to have more mag balance in eairly lvls and will put str points later you can use this nuke off course ..

Fire Combustion Series
Anti-stealth and invisible .. your shield from your hidden enemies .. will not make any profit in PVE .. but make sure you have it in PVP , Jobs , wars ... and don't forget to use it .. it may safe your life before a dagger hurt your heart ..

Flame Devil Force Series (Passive)
Another passive with phy attack .. yes good .. all passives is useful to you .. pure int nukers don't use this passive as it will not help a lot .. but you need it .. another good boost ..

cold 50
Cold is your last force .. you have more phy def than mag and you have HP too .. and we do heavy damger not tanker .. so we don't need too high lvl in cold .. you can just make it 50 and enjoy the advantages ... if you need to make use all masteries (300) till they open the new gap you can go for 70 cold not only 50 .. but as we plan for cap 90 let's say 50 cold ..

Cold Force Series
If you have 70 cold it's no problem to have this imbue .. forst and freeze effects are so cool and people love them .. but what's the point of freezing mobs with less attack with a heavy damger ? .. you can use it but you will take longer to kill and will use less HP pots and more MP pots ... if you have only 50 mastery the effect will be nothing .. don't try it .. useless ..

Frost Guard Series
your phy def ... you have good amount of HP and phy def already .. but more phy def will help a lot against pure str charecters .. make sure you max this as you can ...

Cold Wave Attack Series
Only to frost things from ranged distance .. If you wanna use it to lure mobs about low lvls you may think about it .. and you may use this against ranged attack non-immune to cold .. say euro characters .. but you will not have high lvl cold to have good chance to frost ..

Frost Wall Series
Another wall that can block a phy attack .. if you see that you have big problem against str builds just use it .. but again .. you don't have enough ranged attacks to kill from distance ... may be useful after a crossbow crit attack damged your HP to near the minimum .. this can give you a chance for recovery .. it's your choise again .. you are hybird and you can use these skills but will not give the best you imagine .. your cold is 50 only and can't block more than 3.6 k from damge .. I think skip walls for snow shield is better ...

Frost Nova Series
you love the nova ?! I love it too ... so if the cold is 70 I will use it for sure .. having a lot of mobs around me and make them slow / stop while I keep my AOE heavy attacks are good .. but if you are lvl 90 and use nova lvl 50 will be nothing .. just some sp you spend to make profit in early lvls not high ...

Snow Storm Series
yes tactical move .. may be good .. may effect with higher percentage (freeze , frost) may be vey good with cold imbue too may lure other mobs .. but what's the point of it with -40 lvl than you ? you can open first book and don't up .. then open the second book and don't up too .. as I said .. just tactical move .. don't spend sp here ..

Snow Shield Series
Don't max .. be carful .. it's dangerous to find yourself with no MP to attack .. you have mag balance 78 % at max .. don't go after 30~35 % of this shiled depends on your INt and MP on your gear .. you may don't use more than 25% ~ 35% .. but as I said .. it depends .. and this will make you very good tanker for 2 minutes every 3 minutes .. you have too big HP and when you use snow shield nothing can kill you .. try it and tell us what's the best snow shiled absorbtion percentage ..

Cold Armor Series (Passive)
Phy def .. go go go ...

The way of the charcter ..
Now , your tactic in grinding is to lure a lot of monsters and kill them with AOE and light .. you can do that from low lvls and will be improved as you go higher and have new skills , I suggest to make 1:1 hybrid all the way .. don't put more points in STR or INT .. just keep them the same from the begining .. and you can find low lvls good set with int and str cheap and you will find drops too .. that's will help a lot ..

This character is hybrid and need a lot of SP , you need big amount (400 k in lvl 80) .. that's a lot and you need real farming ..

You can farm in lvl 16 with that very old method , but farming 400 k in green lvl 12 monsters is a waste of time .. and IMO anyone think about this will be bg noob ..
You are a unique build .. your farming method will not be as all other builds .. there are some specifications should be in monsters to farm them :
- they should have great spawn rate and should found a lot of them ..
- they should be agrro ..
- they should be phy attack and non-ranged
- they should have no effects nor fast attack speed nor bi...

These specifications can be found in a lot of monsters :
- lvl 19 lions in temple (euro)
- lvl 23 soilders (chinese)
- lvl 27~28 soilders & warriors (euro)
- lvl 33~34 ongs (euro & chinese)
- lvl 38 sungsung (euro)
- lvl 45 monkeys
- lvl 49 ujigi
- lvl 54 penons (the agrro version)

This build can farm white monsters or orange if you have good weapon .. forget about 1 hit 1 kill .. you don't need that and will not give you faster exp / sp as you kill green monsters .. you can farm same lvl mobs too easy with no problem .. but you need to have your skills first .. so I don't suggest farming at 19 or 23 ... that's not good ...
and about farming chinese monsters high lvls you will find a lot of botters espcially Pure int nukers that will always ks you and make you a tanker for them .. that's will turn farming into shitty thing .. You need to know where to find no botter area and good spawn at the same time ..
But for me farming at soilders&warriors , ongs , and sunsung is the best thre places to farm .. there is no botters at them , have very good spawn rate , have good drops rate , good alchemy drops , your mastery lvl will be suitable to start farming ... you can choose where to farm from these 3 places or farm some time in each .. that's will be fun ..

Farming lvl 27~28 soilders need you to be lvl 29 to have lvl 20 mastery , you will have almost all your skills , you have snow shield , ghost spear , and lion shout + cold wave , you can lure monsters from far distance and AOE kill them easily and frost them or snow shiled if you get a hrd situation , these monsters is so slow in moving and attacking .. you can easily tank 3 gaints and 4 more monsters with semi sos set with no bonus str and you health don't even go to half !!!!!!!#@!#@$@#!@!!#@!$

About your weapon you can have 29+3 , +4 , +5 spear or glavie .. lvl 29 weapon is equal to 24 SOS weapon but cheaper and you can make +++ yourself , and if you found SOM weapon go and buy it at once it will not be expensive .. I bought SOM spear phy attack +76% with about 3 m only !! that's a lot cheaper than all lvl 16 sox bows that known to farm with .. you need alchemy on your weapon , you need drub. and attack rating , your weapon is the first thing to have low drub while grinding .. and attack rating make the farming a lot faster ..

And about your set in lvl 29 you can have full SOS set degree 4 , degree 4 set is cheap even if sos , I bought shoulder , legs , head with 200k each , and chest with 250 k , hand lvl 29 = sos 24 so I didn't buy sos one , and even acceories can be sos cheap (ring 29 = 24 sos too so don't get ) .. just use your elixir protector to make eveything +2 +3 .. that's easy and don't fail a lot .. and after doing that you can go to the most crowded area and farm super fast .. even with no sos or +++ you can do the farm job well when snow shield is on .. and when t off just have smaller numbers of mobs around you .. that's easy

These monsters drop rate is amazing .. I always retrun with 8~10 items before my MP , HP pots run out , and about alchemy every monster give you 1~2 alchemy matrial that can be melt to be : wind 1 , fire 2 , water 3 , earth 4 .. and this is ecxatly what str tablet need to be stone .. that's nice , right ?

All you need is to have pet to collect all these alchemy and gold and items .. you have no time to collect anything .. I always waste about 100 k each time although I try to frost mobs and collect some from the ground (I have no silk) ..

When I need some wind 4 I just go to hunt closiers for 1 hour and I get +200 wind 4 .. hunting closiers is nice and worth but they always KB that make you slower killer ..

How to act in farming ?!
you need 5~7 monsters around you all the time and found others near to lure them when you finish who is around you .. that's the best way to be faster lvling and don't think about you HP and HP pots .. I always use HP pots less than MP pots even without snow shield ..
And about how to act , you can select a monster .. start with dancing spear that's will hit 3 monsters , leave him , don't attack him again and select another monster at the other side and attack with wolf bite then fast ghost spear at the last sec of the imbue and you will see 3 mobs on the ground and the delay after ghost spear give you chance to reload imbue again and select the monster with the biggest HP remaining and soul spear move on him then select the last monster and ghost spear again .. that's will finish 5 monsters in 11 sec (2 imbues and 1 sec between them) and give extra damge to some other monsters .. !! amazing , right ? .. just keep this and wwhen find monster spawn in far area just use lion shout and cold wave to lure them without moving from your place ..

And about farming at lvl 34 in ongs .. the same idea and the same grinding way .. but you have new imbue with 6 sec instead of 5 , have forst nova and concentration buff .. and you have degree 5 weapon and some items ... but everything is same ...

AND watch the vedio of that build at lvl 19 :
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMZApaI8w4

ah .. at last we finished this .. now return to the vote in the begining of the page and tell me your opinion ...

Thx for reading ..

Has been edited :

september 19, 2007 :
Edit the balance in lvl 90 & edit some skills explaination ..

Octbor 15, 2007 :
Add new section for the way of character and farming , and new section compare glavie and spear[/url]

Last edited by elnawawi on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:04 am 

Jeez...this is the Holy bible :P
Well it seems good but i already got my glavier pure str. Almost lv80 now :(

Lv: 80
Guild: Shinsengumi (Since September 2006)
Union: Defiance
Shinsengumi Recruiting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 am 

Im 1:1 lvl80 bow so I have some experience with pro and cons on having this kind of build.

First, I vote for 20% because I love hybrids but I was really close to put 0%.

Second, if you have a 1:1 dont go glavie you should use spear to make higher damage (even when my phys balance is higher than my mag balance, my mag damage is clearly higher than my phys damage).

Third, forget about nukes and totally discard them if you are continue thinking on going with glavie instead of spear. You can get some damage with your nukes, but your weapon skills are much stronger.

Fourth, as a bow I can avoid close combat but as a spear/glavie with no nukes you will have to go to direct combat. Blader have a shield, pure str glavier has tons of HP and you will have no of those to consider being always with lots of mobs hitting you.

Fifth, for 80 cap I think the best is 80 heuskal 80 fire 80 ice 60 light. This mainly because wearing protector and as 1:1 you have good mag and phys defense but they are just good, you need the fire and ice buff to increase them more to be good on pvp against the tops of the classes pure str or int. For 90 cap consider 90 heuskal 90 fire 65 ice 55 light and mixed some armor parts on your gear (prot D9 chest look totaly gay :roll: ).

mmm, I think thats all for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 am 

Hajime Saito ..
Thx .. try to enjoy your str glavier .. it still one of the best builds in the game .. but so boring for me .. that's the point ..

tomiotar ..

First , I respect you opinion you can say 0% or even - 100% .. it's your point of view .. and it's strange to make 1 : 1 bow .. will not be good enough .. what's the point of having some extra str with hybird bow ? will do less damge and still weak crits ..

Second , my build isn't for doing 1 : 1 build and then search about best weapon for it .. my build is to do hybird glavier so I search about best balance for glavie .. but for spear .. mmmm .. we need many proofessional ppl to tell us that spear will do more damge with 85 % phy & 79 mag than glavie .. or we can test it .. when I made my charecter I can use spear or glavie and see .. it's the same skills and we have np .. you can use both : glavie and spear to swich due to the build you will fight but I think it's not funny .. but any way glavie will give more phy reinforce .. other point you forget ..

Third , I said that nukes are tactical moves .. I wanna lure monsters at main or wanna freeze them .. I watched full str glavier using nukes (that don't do any damge ) to lure monsters and kill them by ghost spear .. he was so slow in killing but my build will kill too fast .. you said that glavier should go after every monster but using nukes will make every monster go after him ...

Fourth, fighting mobs don't need full str glavier .. 1:2 hybird spear can tank good numbers of mobs .. 1:1 glavier desinged to be killing machine .. he don't need 4~5 hits for every monster .. If he is using his AOE with light well he can kill 5 monsters in 4 hits as total and he still have very long life .. tell me the number of mobs can finish 17.5 k while 3 monsters die all in 3 hits one of them is ranged ? ...
And even if the matter go to diffcult just escape from the battle for 3 sec to recover (you have the fastest skills by light 90) and give you a chance to hit another ranged attack..

Fifth , I'm thinking about cap 90 not 80 but said for ppl wanna use the remaining 20 mastery in cap 80 put them on cold ...
Any way Fire 80 + light 60 will do less damge than light 80+ fire 70 and 90 fire with 55 light is more and more lower than 90 light and 70 fire ..
and I will loss the point of AOE .. for the def you have good parry ratio from light .. it will do some good work instead of go after fire and cold for some more def while I'm doing heavy damger .. and what's the new thing we did by fire imbue for a glavier ? it will be the same style

I'm still thinking about armor for heavy phy def but you think that nukers will kill faster than I kill them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:06 am 
Elite Member

bows mag and phy attack is closer to one another than the glaives.

therefore bow benefits more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:06 pm 

elnawawi wrote:

tomiotar ..

First , ...

Second , my build isn't for doing 1 : 1 build and then search about best weapon for it .. my build is to do hybird glavier so I search about best balance for glavie .. but for spear .. mmmm .. we need many proofessional ppl to tell us that spear will do more damge with 85 % phy & 79 mag than glavie .. or we can test it .. when I made my charecter I can use spear or glavie and see .. it's the same skills and we have np .. you can use both : glavie and spear to swich due to the build you will fight but I think it's not funny .. but any way glavie will give more phy reinforce .. other point you forget ..

Ive already test it with glavies and spears that i got from drops. I do more damage with spear.

Third , I said that nukes are tactical moves .. I wanna lure monsters at main or wanna freeze them .. I watched full str glavier using nukes (that don't do any damge ) to lure monsters and kill them by ghost spear .. he was so slow in killing but my build will kill too fast .. you said that glavier should go after every monster but using nukes will make every monster go after him ...

Fourth, fighting mobs don't need full str glavier .. 1:2 hybird spear can tank good numbers of mobs .. 1:1 glavier desinged to be killing machine .. he don't need 4~5 hits for every monster .. If he is using his AOE with light well he can kill 5 monsters in 4 hits as total and he still have very long life .. tell me the number of mobs can finish 17.5 k while 3 monsters die all in 3 hits one of them is ranged ? ...
And even if the matter go to diffcult just escape from the battle for 3 sec to recover (you have the fastest skills by light 90) and give you a chance to hit another ranged attack..

Fifth , I'm thinking about cap 90 not 80 but said for ppl wanna use the remaining 20 mastery in cap 80 put them on cold ...
Any way Fire 80 + light 60 will do less damge than light 80+ fire 70 and 90 fire with 55 light is more and more lower than 90 light and 70 fire ..
and I will loss the point of AOE .. for the def you have good parry ratio from light .. it will do some good work instead of go after fire and cold for some more def while I'm doing heavy damger .. and what's the new thing we did by fire imbue for a glavier ? it will be the same style

For 3, 4 and 5. You are totally forgeting on your strategy that you need a good defense or lots of str to use your tactics. You are planning your char leaving cold and fire behind and the results of that is that you will finish weak against both str and int. Take my advice I go frequently to pvp so I know how much can hurt me the others builds. About having higher attack with light than with fire you get 3 extra mag damage, but you loose 4% phys damage and you use an imbue that is a bit weaker. I seriously doubt that your damage will be higher and you are loosing the mag defence at same time.

I'm still thinking about armor for heavy phy def but you think that nukers will kill faster than I kill them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:47 pm 
Valued Member

ill say it works..i always open to new idea^^ that why JM give u 3 point stat each level to play with...

my fav str hybrid spear video^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3SSZdS_zbM

anybody know who is this guy?
See he uses spear maybe becoz:
1.he put too much point in int,he's 1:1???
2.he got no choice^^ maybe the spear have more crit value

i sometime dream on making str hybrid spear with 77/58 naked balance^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:07 pm 
Veteran Member

Problem is,
Heuksal skills don't have critical increase.
Ghost Spear's Knockback rate is not as good as Arrow Combo (5 hits)
Only Heuksal skill with massive damage is Ghost Spear. Soul spear crit sucks because it has two hits.

Suggestion, use spear instead of glaive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:33 pm 

@bakafish: i agree that maybe stun isn't that great glavie becease it are 2 hits, however if you spam emperor and soul you proberly can have enough time to kill your enemy?

first:
glavie has got more phy and mag damage then bow, but strongbow hit/crit hella lot more then a glavie would ever do...2 strong bows after eachother HURTS (even in non crit)

second:
and as a bower you've got the anti devil series, with last book of them ur will have like...45% chance on a crit? (someone have to confirm this, i don't know)

however i would enjoy a 1:1 spear/glavie build :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:51 pm 
Casual Member

Dont forget that u can add 6 int/str with degree 9. And thats a phys/mag balance of 86/79.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm 
Frequent Member

I am glad you are thinking out of the box.
I have to agree with tomiotar you will most likely be better off with a spear for average damage. And i didn't see it mentioned earlier But the chance of finding a spear with a high crit is much higher than glavie.

I believe tomiotar stated before that he can run 35% snow shield effectively. With 35% shield you have almost the effective HP of a pure strength with more magic defense, So....... you should be able to tank the same or better then a pure str for 2 min.

lvl 65 4gap 84:84 bow inactive.
GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:40 pm 

everyone is free to have an opinion, but i still think bow is supost to be STR, because if it has 2 skills that increase chance of critical, then if their STR is high, all those crits will do very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:12 pm 
Casual Member

you can always try it out... still........ My oppinion is, that hybrids are only for bowmen and nukers.. sorry.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:21 pm 
Addicted Member

hmm
i voted until tested in the real game
i dont know anything about hybrids ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 pm 

Magnum357x wrote:
everyone is free to have an opinion, but i still think bow is supost to be STR, because if it has 2 skills that increase chance of critical, then if their STR is high, all those crits will do very good.
ehh, only anti devil?? or do you mean last strong bow book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:02 pm 
Frequent Member

Please people this isnt "how to build a bow thread!!"

On subject now with the creation of snow shield, this build without question should be better than a pure str version assuming the shield is operational.

Benefits of being hybrid:

higher overall damage with still high critical damage
higher magic defense
grinds faster / kills faster

Cons:
low hp (except when snow shield is activated)
lower phys defense

So the bottom line is are you willing to stake an entire build on snow shield that has a 1 min cool down?

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:46 pm 
Common Member

If you do this why don't you just use a spear? you'll get more dmg that way, But please try it anyways ^_^ you'll have the most original build and if you own well its another build people can go for =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:29 pm 

BakaFish wrote:
Problem is,
Heuksal skills don't have critical increase.
Ghost Spear's Knockback rate is not as good as Arrow Combo (5 hits)
Only Heuksal skill with massive damage is Ghost Spear. Soul spear crit sucks because it has two hits.

Suggestion, use spear instead of glaive.

Absolutely. Spear would make this build a ton better, and quite possibly make it an incredibly competitive build in group PvP.

Fembria
IGN: BabyThunder Guild: AoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:18 am 

Ok guys ..
You are giving me hope .. but plz this isn't a topic about bow it's a topic about glavie or spear 1 : 1 ..

Ok let's see the main ideas here you said :

1) why not to try it ?
lol .. It's the first thing i will do after having my new VGA card and can play SRO again .. I just think about the build and I wanna share the exp with you to decide what's the best I can do when starting this charecter .. it's a matter of few days .. but I'm no bott .. no silk no 24/7 grinding so don't wait me to become lvl 80 in 1 month to judge the build fast .. :roll:

2) About using spear ..
It's too easy to do .... both glavie and spear have the same mastery .. you will use the same skills .. if you found good glavie you can use .. if you found good spear you can use .. it's only about your last weapon that you will use for a while and you will make it fully pimped .. and till you become lvl +64 you should know that spear or glavie is better for this build ..

Spear will let you nuke harder .. give more damge at most situation .. but it have less Phy reinforce .. I need confirmation that phy reinforce have effect with the HP recovery or not and mag reinforce have the same with MP or not .. if that ... with spear we can use more % snow shield and with glavie we will life longer .. right ?

3) About the mastery .. light or fire .. well .. I will tell you all my data here and you can help with choosing the best lvls for it ..

With my build : 90 hueksal / 90 light / 70 fire / 50 cold you will have :
- 19% mag attack increase
- 14% phy attackincrease (7% from the passive , 7% from the buff)
- 91 mag def increase
- 36 phy def increase ( 18 from the passive , 18 from the buff )
- A great number of parry ratio from the passive and the new concentration buff at cap 90 ..

- light imbue to do always multi attack with your AOE skills that means killing faster .. and electric shock effect means more damge ..
- having you speed buffs (shadow and ghost walk ) at max means you are the fastest ..
- have light nuke to lure mobs ...

With the suggestion of 90 heuksal / 90 fire / 65 cold / 55 light you have :
- 15% mag attack increase
- 18% phy attack increase
- great amount of mag def
- 100 phy def
- 51 parry ratio

- fire imbue means more damge but for only one target and burn effect that deal DOT on target ..
- weak speed buffs
- fire nuke that can lure little numbers of mobs but do better damge ...

So you see that my build will do more damge over a lot of enemies around and have method to lure them all so it will be faster killing a group .. and have speed at max to faster grinding ..
It have more parry ratio but have less mag and phy def (so it will not be weak ) but mean its chance to tank a long time in pvp are less against both pure int and str without snow shield ... but that's the point of the build .. being a killing machine not a tanker in normal situation .. and if things go wrong use snow shiled and tank very good for 2 minutes per 3 ...
with better pimp on your set you can solve this problem ..
It's little better for PVE

The second build will be better in killing 1 by 1 .. they use the classic style of pure str glavier of maxing fire and don't care about light .. but only will do more damge and have less HP .. and they will be very strong tanker with the snow shield ..
but pipming you set will not give you better AOE and speed ..
It's little better for PVP

I think there is other solve for the first build .. increase cold and reduce fire .. with lvl 60 cold you will have decent amount of phy def .. very good ... but the problem is that you need lvl 61 fire to have good mag def not lower .. so you need to reduce one of your masteries by 1 ..
It's all about will your worst enemy be a full int or sull str .. but at all cases i will not leave light 90 because it's the key of the build ..

4) The bow is better or glavie/spear
I think it's not the point .. now we have different weapon , different force masteries , diffrenet balance , different style .. so no problem now about what's better ..
But right .. strong bow with 350% will be stronger than any 280% skill even we have better phy and mag damge on glavie/spear ..

5) better balance in degree 9
New information for me to know that 6 INt & STr can be added in degree 9 .. so great .. i will update this in the first post soon..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:40 am 

[quote=glavie]On subject now with the creation of snow shield, this build without question should be better than a pure str version assuming the shield is operational.

Benefits of being hybrid:
higher overall damage with still high critical damage
higher magic defense
grinds faster / kills faster

Cons:
low hp (except when snow shield is activated)
lower phys defense

So the bottom line is are you willing to stake an entire build on snow shield that has a 1 min cool down?[/quote]

No .. good charecter can't stake only on snow shield ..
No need to the snow shield in PVE .. in my thought this build can grind everything easily with multi mobs around you all the time ..
We know already that 1:2 hybird with 13 k HP can grind very well and don't fear to die .. our build have 17 k HP .. that's amazing .. PVE is safe zone ...

In jobs (hunter , trader, thief) you will shine .. no worry about the 60 sec cooldown of the snow shield .. you don't need it every second of jobbing .. and you will not go in too long battle .. that's for meeting other human jobbing .. but for npc thiefs or hunters they are too easy .. you don't need snow shield ..

In guild wars you will do a good job .. your postion in the feild is undefined .. you don't have a place to stand and fight .. you can tank well but not very well you can kill fast but not too fast .. just play your tactics .. try to run but not shadow (phantom) .. you will be faster than them and they will try follow you but can't attack you due to distance .. if you made this well you will give great chance to your guild to kill your followers easily .. your speed is the most important here if you see a friend with low HP are going to be attacked just 1 sec and you will fight his enemy .. you can save many lifes by this ..

And in PVP .. you can tank all INT build attacks with no snow shield .. stun and KB them and they will die soon .. and about str builds .. IMO Pure str bow will be your worst enemy but I'm not sure you will fear 2 crit in row will be deadly effect if your HP before the 2 crit wasn't too high at this moment ... bladers and glaviers are easier ..

But all pure str builds need long fight that mean you need snow shield .. but you can always use tactics .. use fast combo to elctric shock him and then use heavy damge skill and his HP will go lower and lower .. if you need to have more chance just shadow walk out of the battle and take your breath and recover .. you can nuke him .. the attack of your nuke will not be so great but it's enough to make sure that his HP going down not up .. but IMO as a heavy damger pure str will not take too long time .. just keep him under elctric shock and he will die faster ..

Light is a game .. you have best parry ratio ,you enemy have worst parry ratio when shocked ..

If we are the same lvl with the same build and same weapon and set , I have light and you have fire ...
My parry ratio will prevent you to do your max damge and if you don't have good attack rating already you will do the minimum .. (only bow have good attack rating)
My elctric effect will let me do my best damge and if you don't have good light lvl I will always do the max ...
So I will kill you easier .. right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:23 am 

Phys and mag reinforce do this:

Character phys atk = wep phys atk + STR * Phys reinforce (wep)

Character mag atk = wep mag atk + INT * Mag reinforce (wep)

Keep in mind that reinforce is a %, so 125% reinforce = 1.25 in the equation. Try it out. I have, many times, and hell I even wrote a guide with the calculations :) . (INT guide written by IguanaRampage if anyone cares)

Fembria
IGN: BabyThunder Guild: AoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 am 

[AoW]ForLife wrote:
Phys and mag reinforce do this:

Character phys atk = wep phys atk + STR * Phys reinforce (wep)

Keep in mind that reinforce is a %, so 125% reinforce = 1.25 in the equation. Try it out. I have, many times, and hell I even wrote a guide with the calculations :) . (INT guide written by IguanaRampage if anyone cares)

Yes I know that about attack ..
some people say :

charecter phy attack = wep phy attack + [ STR * phy reinforce ] * [1 + weapon mastery/100]

I'm not sure ..
But you sure that phy reinforcement on weapon haven't effect the HP recovery ?
When I use 500% phy reinforce scroll it let the potion to recover 5X of my HP .. and you already noticed that any potion will recover an amout greater than the specified amount of the potion .. it's from phy reinforce .. right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:07 am 
Common Member

hmm this build sound great, i'll give it a try and see what's up, well gotta get some spare time first, but i'm only planning to 80, not level 90 yet, and i'll the spear, like i feel that spear would be a lot better, i hope this will work and from level 1-30, i'll go pure int, so then i can nuke to level faster or farm faster, from 31-50, i'll put all into str, then i'll have a 70:70 balance, around there, well a little powerlevel too...

again great idea, i'm always into something liek this, some diff hybrid, kinda like this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:27 am 

Weak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

1:1 Hybrid Glavie...lol...

cSRO / Division 2 / Pure STR Bow / Lv 65

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:55 pm 
Frequent Member

elnawawi wrote:
When I use 500% phy reinforce scroll it let the potion to recover 5X of my HP .. and you already noticed that any potion will recover an amout greater than the specified amount of the potion .. it's from phy reinforce .. right ?

Very interesting theory. I hope we can get a confirmation on this one way or another. I have never heard anything like this before, and I have lurked many forums long before I ever posted in one.

It would almost be like how a clerics heal amount is affected by there weapon.

edit**
Where did you get a 500% reinforce scroll?

GOLD GUIDE Just Read It

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:18 pm 

sinny wrote:
hmm this build sound great, i'll give it a try and see what's up, well gotta get some spare time first, but i'm only planning to 80, not level 90 yet, and i'll the spear, like i feel that spear would be a lot better, i hope this will work and from level 1-30, i'll go pure int, so then i can nuke to level faster or farm faster, from 31-50, i'll put all into str, then i'll have a 70:70 balance, around there, well a little powerlevel too...

again great idea, i'm always into something liek this, some diff hybrid, kinda like this..

Good thinking if you will play with spear to be pure int in lvl 30 .. and from lvl 30 : 60 you will pass by all spear hybird builds from 1:7 ~ 1:6 ~ 1:5 ..... till you ill be 1:1 at last in lvl 60 ..

That's will give you a chance to test it all and feel the best balance .. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:26 pm 

glavie wrote:
elnawawi wrote:

Very interesting theory. I hope we can get a confirmation on this one way or another. I have never heard anything like this before, and I have lurked many forums long before I ever posted in one.

It would almost be like how a clerics heal amount is affected by there weapon.

edit**
Where did you get a 500% reinforce scroll?

I'm sure that phy reinforce give you more HP recovery .. test it with natural therephy in force tree .. but I'm not sure that this effect came from weapon reinforcement or only from defensive items reinforce ..

And about 500% reinforce scroll .. it's reward for a lot of euro quests .. I have about 6 reinforce scrolls with my lvl 41 rogue ..
Euro quests give tou great rewards .. the best reward ever is 20 zerk scroll you get from IVY quest 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:19 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

what about 92/62 str hybrid with gear. which weapon should i use?

spear or glavie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:45 pm 
Ex-Staff

i tried this build until lvl 20.... (it was my first cahr didnt know about pure back then)

yep i farked it.
but from what ive read it will work.