Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: What can make things worse? (or better if you like?)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:36 am 

Discuss. Think of hypothetical scenarios where everyone will hate each other and e-life as well as real life will become hell all due to SRO :shock: . Maybe discuss shocking aspects of the game. What would happen if Cerberus met Tiger Girl? Why can an Antelope (lvl 8x mob) beat a Tiger party giant? And more!
Edit: PLEASE, limit yourself to light-hearted stuff. If you start thinking "Oh, it would suck if this guy, who coincidentally is a member here, kept playing", just don't post. I don't think anyone really needs their post count to go up by 1 quite that badly.

Fembria
IGN: BabyThunder Guild: AoW

Last edited by [AoW]ForLife on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:41 am 
Veteran Member

For sum1 who been trying to encourage maturity , how mature and necessary was this ?, again just asking no need for drama right
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:45 am 

Everyone needs to let out steam sometimes :D This forum has been getting too serious. I think it's pretty mature to let it out in a harmless way instead of concentrating it into flaming.

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:46 am 
Common Member

drama drama drama it's all online nonsense anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:48 am 

OK I'll start. It would be so much worse if Joymax purposely made the server traffic so that it's bad ALL DAY LONG so you HAVE to buy a premium ticket to log on. And you're already addicted, so there's no choice!! Hm let me change the title I guess the wording wasn't great.

Another scenario: Joymax bans all the bots....
and they all restart again!! Making the demand for good low degree stuff so high (since they're used to having the best of the best with all their equips) that no legit noobies can play the game anymore!
P.S. It can be ridiculous :D

OK another one: WoW hands in the towel, bringing server traffic and the numerous gold farming companies to... guess where? Not a game where it's a lot easier to bot for gold perhaps? :P

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:10 am 
Valued Member

heres another one for you mr.tzi
-------- pokemon and sro merge
----woooh and my wolf could be picachu. 8)
sorry if it was of topic or something didn't have the urge to read it.
btw excuse my poor spelling of that little yellow lighting thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:19 am 

Lol I like it! This is meant to be an off-topic somewhat-related-to-Joymax thread to brighten up this forum a bit.

Wait but if Pikachu became an SRO char I would be an awesome lightning nuker and I wouldn't have to SP farm =/ . Anyway we already had something like this earlier in Pacific. It was called PoKeMoN guild lol.

OMG what if Joymax introduced this new race, that was totally overpowered, and it could make itself invisible and do like 30k crits with regular weps and all. Oh and it has 26 crit weapons, so it crits half the time. Oh and it could also double its defense and poison you and everything you dreaded all in one. Oh, and it could win EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN BATTLE BECAUSE THE WAY TO UNCOVER IT WHEN IT'S BEING INVISIBLE DOESN'T WORK!! Whoops, sorry Joymax! That was a rogue my bad :P

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:28 am 
Valued Member

heres a better idea
Silkroad merges with dragon ballz
our nukes are already like there ka maya crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:30 am 

Hm... idk I'd be kinda scared of some of those monsters and I'd wet my bed at night :( Too scary for me. How about... SilkRoad does role-playing like Bugs Bunny! So instead of being hunter and thief, you could be Bugs or Daffy or Elmer Fudd. LOL :D

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:34 am 
Valued Member

they should make mask of anime characters.
just imagine grinding and seeing captain caveman owning niya guards
or or instead of using koroku masks you could use road runners mask!
cause all those hunters seems to shock lion me in my koroku mask :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:35 am 
Common Member

how about a stand-alone p2p edition of the game? slightly different setup but all around the same idea ?

what.. ten usd a month? and knock the prices off of the more expensive item in the mall?
a hell of a lot more gms than what we have. say 10 or so per a p2p server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:37 am 

We need a road-runner mask to increase speed 150% and be a road-runner. That would be awesome you just past some bladers and say "beep beep" and they're just all like "wtf was that? Ah, I guess even if we caught it we wouldn't be able to kill it."
Edit at Kass's idea: Yeah that would be great :) And they would probably do better financially, because right now they're depending on The Addicted to buy outrageously priced premiums and astrals and whatnot.

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:38 am 
Veteran Member

Kass wrote:
how about a stand-alone p2p edition of the game? slightly different setup but all around the same idea ?

what.. ten usd a month? and knock the prices off of the more expensive item in the mall?
a hell of a lot more gms than what we have. say 10 or so per a p2p server?

HEY!!! stop making our secrete plans to win the lottery and buy joymax then change it to our liking public ppl might steal it then we're screwed =P

Last edited by Hostage on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:38 am 
Valued Member

i like i like and then we would have awesome basically bot free servers with everyone ( mostly) speaking english.
btw kas i think you've told me that before :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:39 am 

I'll have to go now, but I want to see more ideas when I come back! Hehehe.
Negative or positive is fine, just have fun.

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:40 am 
Veteran Member

Well since we're just spilling the beans another good idea would be to decrease the number of servers we have and increase the dev team at joymax ,the amount of servers there are now is ridiculous and there is no need for so many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:07 am 
Common Member

GrindingEternaly wrote:
btw kas i think you've told me that before :?

*wince* yeah i kinda like my idea enough that if i had the money i would try and set up my own service. so yeah pipe dream :(

hehe... yeahhh i seem to have too many ideas and im also finding quite a few people who support my ideas as well.

figure this.

compress the number of f2p servers from 2x to about say 6. while at the same time expanding the maps inside the game and increasing the amount of people each server can have. all the while you try and pioneer the development of of a semi stand alone p2p server system with its own gms and dev teams.
increase the benefits of having a p2p server and decrease the benefits of a f2p server (everyone hates me right now eh?)

but make it so that people can go to either the f2p or the p2p at whim without having to deal with multiple clients and the issues associated with them.
[f2p A]
[F2p b,c,d,e,f]
[P2P A]
[P2P B]

though you would do something like wow and set up (a) full pvp server(s), and the other (a) plain server(s) as well as your rpg element. and do the whole "transfer your character for giltz!(ringring? $$)"

oh yes... set up something akin to the instance system for certain uniques. but still have the good ol "madd dash" system thats in place

lol, here is so much that goes along with this pitiful outline, but eh, if i ever got the chance to implement that... it would be an entirely different game.

lol im shutting up now or this will never end... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:49 am 
Banned User

Hehe Zi and you call me wierd.... good idea though

Anyways I would have to say that the only time I would get mad at somebody ingame and in RL would be if for some reason Gargamell showed up with a custome emote that only the Gms have that was so cool I had to fly to Korea and steal it from JM's head office.

And also dont you guys think it would be cool if we could all fight to the death in SRO as in you win you win you loose the chara is deleted and you have to start over again. I think that might make some peopel mad at each othe in RL :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:26 am 
Common Member

hmm sorta like an informal tournament system but you invest a little time and maybe a little gold (betting hint hint) :D
that would actually be fun to have an lms type game=)

lol this reminds me of diablo2's (fkifiremmeber) die once server stuff. made things very interesting. is this what you are suggesting?

gimmi a day or two and im sure i could come up with a few spinoffs :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:27 pm 

Lol rev then being out of pots would be horrible haha. :D And some stealthed rogue would come and just 1-shot everyone with his OP'ness, and everyone will reroll rogue lol.

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:40 am 
Common Member

lol totally fixing this
better version soon

Part1 wrote:
okay this is a basic idea that got really complicated in a hurry.

there would be two versions of this tourney setup
a fixed level system with a progression set up.
1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8 1,3,6,7 make the next round where they fight eachother int eh semi finals 1 and 6 win 1vs6 6 wins and you have your prize of choice aka special buff for a week and whatever money wagered between the contestants and 25% of whatever is wagered outside the tourney but registered with the bookies in jangan.

you got your basic everything is at 51% gear, so everything is fair and holy, because everyone wants fair.

another addition to this version would be an LMS element. if i need to explain this you need to be shot.

this is teh first part of what i have in mind, the other stuff will be available later as i need to get eh idea to paper. something i seem to have a problem with

PART2 wrote:
**** second system

notice:the other system is way more complex and, i think, funner to some degree.

okay, dust off your imagination and reset it from that wonderful "there are no bots on my server" dream.

right.
1) you will start off with a basic selection screen like the one for the Chinese and European peeps, so yey customization! select your wep and roll in to the server.

2) all players would start off at level 20. so you have TWO ZERO stat points and skill points. You get one skill/stat point per level BUT only AT the END of the current round set up
>5 players, 1-2 3-4 5 stands out. one vs one GNC style.
so player 3 wins, 1,2,4,5 get the choice to either reroll or compete in the lower tourney rounds.
since 3 won he is promoted to level 25 he now has 5 stat points and 5 skill points that he can pick and choose however he wants.
ZERO base stats will be added.

okay i know there will be people who CANT grasp a
skill system where it costs one skill point to level an ENTIRE skill ONE LEVEL. shoot them. thank you. -kas)

still working on the final part, taking some time to explain

part3 wrote:
Weapons and armor/tab resets at oh every two or so rounds... AKA every TEN to FIFTEEN levels.
(80-20)/5 so total 12 rounds YEY FOR MATH so 12/2 OR 12/3 = 6 or 4 new weapon types, probably four since i hate everyone.

onto the most complicated part of this game style.
the Farking item setup

you will be given 5(FIVE) tablets of DEF POWER (earth air fire water and soul (fk you my version of sro has earth force)) and 5(FIVE) tablets of OFF POWER (theres fkers are worse, much worse)

note: when i say KNOWN, i mean that they exist but are not fixed values

Def:
EACH tablet delivers a BASE value to all the affected armor types.
ONLY one tablet can be used per armor set. aka you .**** up have a nice daaayyyyy *skips away*

brief review for the add inclined. magical tablet+ armor piece = SPECIAL ATTRIBUTE TO ARMOR.so think what mommy calls you (special) then think add on (attribute) and then the stuff you wear when you know someone wants to kill you (armor)

so you make a style combination of what you would like. helm+air stat = A permanent KNOWN base stat + A random stat that is inclined to THAT stone (ie dodge or a + to concentration or something), (blahblahblahblah).

so you would have a certian value assigned to each armor piece.
(type1)head gives x%, shoulder x%. zero mods on everything else
(type2)chest x%, hands x%
(type3)legs x%, feet x%

this is subject to change since its based on an EXAMPLE of the AIR DEFENSIVE modifier tablet.

onto the weapon mods

take two tablets of any type and combine with your weapon, you now have two KNOWN attributes that will exist
note: when i say KNOWN, i mean that they exist but are not fixed values

and three random hand of gods attributes
(ie air+fire+wep= elemental weap with two attributes that are based in the fire and lightning trees, SUCH AS

fire light
-web name-
-level-
-base stats-
[fixed, fire +20% damage]
[fixed, light +3% dodge]
[var, elemental attribute +3% (fire)]
[var, 3 str]
[var, 20% faster attack speed]

soul,earth
-wep name-
-level-
[fixed, hp/mp +200 pts]
[fixed, md/pd +3%] (mdef pdef)
[var, wep +1]
[var, +20% earth immune]
[var, 7/7 earth spike charges] (if you dont know what i mean then go play diablo2 idiot.)

yeah

latter 1 round one: 1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8 9-10 11-12 13-14 15-16

latter 1 round two: 1-9 4-5 11-7 ex ex ex
latter 2 round two: 2-6 8-3 10-12

latter1 round three: 1-4 11 ex ex ex
latter 2 round 3 exe exexexexex
ex
ex
ex
ex
ex
use your imagination
ex

so yeah you win the mini tourney, yey you get a buff of your choice or a wonderful toy for a week. wheeeee!

and there you have it.
fk if imma think on this anymore
:(

Last edited by Kass on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:15 am 
Valued Member

i'm confused now, thanks :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:37 am 
Common Member

:x what are you confused with? i mean what section?
i know this shit is confusing as hell.
its a btch to explain okay? i tried and im a little frustrated right now. :(

yes typos IM NOT FIXING THEM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:14 am 
Valued Member

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:13 pm 

Wow you just added more content to the game than it already has. Congrats 8)

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:23 pm 
Common Member

o_O what content?

this is for shsro fk isro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:56 am 
Loyal Member

---Rev--- wrote:
And also dont you guys think it would be cool if we could all fight to the death in SRO as in you win you win you loose the chara is deleted and you have to start over again. I think that might make some peopel mad at each othe in RL :twisted: :twisted:

lol i had i friend b4 in RL, he died while hunting tigers then the next day he made a new char and when we asked him why not use your first char? he said let him rest in peace, his dead.

Please click and help me with my little game. Don't worry it's not a link to a virus filled site or anything harmful. It's just like those links to help a little dragon grow thingie.

http://s4.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=184584

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:29 pm 
Common Member

lol wow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:55 pm 

That's IT!!! WoW!!!

Fembria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:30 am 
Common Member

hah, as far as im concerned with wow, the game is capped in the way of ideas, while silkroad has at least some hope if the damn owner would get off his ass and allow for some changes