Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide] Building your European Character, No worries for SP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ok, this is my first guide ever, so please bear with me. Sorry for the great grammer :)

If you have any questions, just ask here and I'll answer them.

WARNING: This guide includes SP Farming, which I found better to do. ^.^
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sections:

I. Creating your Character

II. Class right for you

III. Choosing your weapon

IV. Mastery Trees

V. Shaping your Character

I. Creating your Character

-Start off by making your new name and checking it that it is not taken yet. 8)

Right now, if you choose a Melee or Buff choose doesn't matter what armor you choose, Caster choose robes.

II. Class right for you

-Here is where you must decide what build you want.
There are 3 Classes: Melee, Caster, and Buff.

If you choose melee, then you want a Pure str character or a 2:1 str Hybrid. These are great physical Damage dealers with lots of HP.

If you choose caster, then you want a Pure int characer or 1:2 int Hybrid (Not recommended). These are better at Damage dealing but have lower HP, add str points if desired to make a higher health caster.

If you choose buff, then you want a 1:1 Hybrid or 2:1 1:2 Hybrid, your choice. Great in parties, buff with many spells, which help with attacking.

III. Choosing a Weapon

-Luckily for us, each class has a range based weapon, that you need in order to use to start off with. Just choose ny ranged weapon for now as it doesn't matter until later.

If choosing 1 Mastery Tree ONLY:
If suggest you want a Meleer then start with a Crossbow, with a caster choose Staff or Warlock Rod, with buffer I suggest you choose a harp.

If choosing more than one:
I suggest starting with your main trees weapon. Lets say I wanted to become a Wizard and Rogue and I wanted Wizard to be my main tree, then I'd pick Staff.

Remember this is to start off with to make starting leveling easy.

IV. Mastery Trees

-There are 2 Mastery Trees in each Class you choose:
Melee: Warrior and Rogue
Caster: Wizard and Warlock
Buff: Bard or Cleric

Melee:
Warrior- These are the tankers, they take all the damage due to all their spells, armor, and high HP if you choose to do so. They use 1-Handed swords, 2-Handed swords, and Duel axes.

Rogue- The silent but deadly assassins. They are the ranged killers that can use stealth moves, poison people, and use the masks to turn into mob monsters. They use the Crossbow and Dagger.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caster:
Wizard- They are the 1 hit killers of the European side if used correctly. They can use spells that give status effects and nuke mob monsters. They are also great at attacking more then one monster at a time. They use the Staff.

Warlock- They are the long term fighters of the casters. They are the only casters that can use a shield. They have tons of status spells that can do great damage over time. They also so a spell to make your self look like a lower level (Dont ask me why :)) They use the Warlock Staff.

Buff:
Bard- They Using long range attacks to destroy monsters and get them under status effects. They are more of buffers than healers. They give buffs to their party members. They use the Harp.

Cleric- Last but not least, Clerics. They are the healers of the European world. Stronger out of the Buffers. They are greatly helpful in parties. They have moves to revive people, heal, despell status effects, etc. They use the Cleric Rod.

V. Shaping your Character

-Now we can start making your character after you have chosen how you want them to be.

First start off with the weapon I suggested in Section III. This is to start making your character and go through the game without worrying for SP. :) I will do into detail in how to go through the game if you were to choose either one or two mastery trees.

Starting off:

Pick the suggested weapon as mention before. When you start off move into mobs more of your level and kill them using ranged attacks. This was you can gain exp and sp without being damaged. DO NOT USE ANY SP. Keep doing this until you reach about level 5. Get the weapon you desire to use, such as if I picked a crossbow because I wanted a tree in Melee, like warrior, I would choose the one-handed sword. Now choose your FIRST mastery tree that you wish to use. Get the first few skills to help you out.

Now start figuring out how much SP you will need by using the following tools provided.

I Need a mod to approve these so I dont get in trouble.
SP Planner- http://www.nivlam.com/euro/
SP Gap Calculator- http://www.nivlam.com/sp/

Picking 1 Mastery tree guide:
Now that you have choosen your tree, start creating gaps between your level and your skill mastery. As in Chinese Silkroad, this will make it so that you gain more SP as you lose more EXP. This is nothing to worry about. :) Now assuming you are using the tools I've provided, you should have figured out how much SP is needed.
Since you are using only 1 mastery tree, I think about a 4-5 level gap through out the whole game should give enough SP. If you planned ahead and figure you make more SP with a 4 level gap than needed, go ahead and cancel the gaps whenever you reach your desired SP. :)

Picking 2 Mastery tree guide:
Now that you have choosen your trees, start creating gaps between your level and your skill mastery. As in Chinese Silkroad, this will make it so that you gain more SP, but you gain less EXP than usual. This is nothing to worry about. :) Now assuming you are using the tools I've provided, you should have figured out how much SP is needed.
Now this is where you are going to need a lot of patience on gaining these SP points. First start leveling keeping a 5-7 level gap until you hit level 14. Now make it into a 5 level gap and reach level 19. Here is where you should have sufficient skills to kill some mobs about your level. Now read carefully because if you mess this up, there's no going back.
There's a new NPC I never knew about until I was about level 13 that I learned about. Your first quest should be from this guy. Well, anyways he can teleport you back to where you last died. What you do is keep fighting monsters until you're about to hit level 20. Then you just keep killing your self to lose EXP and then once you are about 5% into level 19, resume grinding. THIS IS GREAT!! Why you ask? Because before if you wanted to do this style of grind you had to kill yourself, then run all the way back to a high enough level monster to kill you, then repeat, repeat. IT GETS REAL BORING! Now all you have to do is when you are about 2% away from 20, you just run to the Seirens and let them kill you, then just teleport back (making sure Auto-Poition is off) and let them keep killing you. THIS IS MUCH FASTER. After you are 5% into level 19, then resume grinding, an repeat as needed until you get enough SP. REMEMBER THAT AS YOU LEVEL, YOU GET SOME SP ALREADY! So remove those SP that you already get from leveling from your total SP from the calculated SP needed. :)

Thanks for reading my first ever guide here with SRF. Enjoy.

Level: 4x
Guild Master of Super Nova.

Current Items Proud of:
Lvl 38 Staff +3 +3INT and STR
SOS 4th Dgr Mitten Robes +2int
SOS 4th Dgr Under Robes +2int

Current Goals:
Full 5th Degree SOS\SOM\SOSun Robes with 6th Degree SOS\SOM\SOSun Staff. (Staff impossible0 ^_^

Last edited by Will9637 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:06 pm 

Looks pretty good so far I guess. But the part I wanted to read is the part about no sp farming or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:33 pm 

[SD]Rainigul wrote:
Looks pretty good so far I guess. But the part I wanted to read is the part about no sp farming or whatever.

prolly he will say 6gap all the way and u never need to farm :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:20 pm 

Deacon wrote:
[SD]Rainigul wrote:

Lol.

Best way to farm is to just get a good lv 8 sox. Because euros can pretty much 1 hit anything with autoattack at lower levels anyways, so that just works out perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:46 pm 
Advanced Member

[SD]Rainigul wrote:
Deacon wrote:
[SD]Rainigul wrote:

Lol.

Best way to farm is to just get a good lv 8 sox. Because euros can pretty much 1 hit anything with autoattack at lower levels anyways, so that just works out perfectly.

it's gonna be very boring without skills and you can't delvl under lvl10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:57 pm 

InsertName wrote:
[SD]Rainigul wrote:
Deacon wrote:
[SD]Rainigul wrote:

Lol.

it's gonna be very boring without skills and you can't delvl under lvl10

That's quite an avatar.

Also, you just need to be level 9, and when you level you can go back down.

And you can delevel under 10, you can't delevel under 5.

Unless they changed that with euro updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:32 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Thanks for all the comments. I just finished with it, some of it may be familiar with you, but this is how I'm getting through SRO Europe :)

Current Items Proud of:

Current Goals:
Full 5th Degree SOS\SOM\SOSun Robes with 6th Degree SOS\SOM\SOSun Staff. (Staff impossible0 ^_^

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Building your European Character, No worries for
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:39 pm 

Will9637 wrote:
III. Choosing a Weapon

-Luckily for us, each class has a range based weapon, that you need in order to use to start off with.

If you want a Meleer then start with a Crossbow, with a caster choose Staff or Warlock Rod, with buffer I suggest you choose a harp.

I suggest starting with your main trees weapon, say I wanted to become a Wizard and Rogue. I'd choose my main tree, say Wizard, and pick a Staff.

Melee is Dagger, Crossbow is ranged

Warrior: 38 Som +2
70:70 Bow: 31 Sos +3

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Building your European Character, No worries for
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:42 pm 

Melli wrote:
Will9637 wrote:
III. Choosing a Weapon

-Luckily for us, each class has a range based weapon, that you need in order to use to start off with.

If you want a Meleer then start with a Crossbow, with a caster choose Staff or Warlock Rod, with buffer I suggest you choose a harp.

I suggest starting with your main trees weapon, say I wanted to become a Wizard and Rogue. I'd choose my main tree, say Wizard, and pick a Staff.

Melee is Dagger, Crossbow is ranged

Silkroad divides the masteries between Melee, Caster and Buff. Rogue is located atht e Melee class even though it can have ranged attacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 pm 

true but its still ranged but w/e ;p

Warrior: 38 Som +2
70:70 Bow: 31 Sos +3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:12 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I appreciate for trying to fix my errors, but I meant if you want a tree under the Melee Class :)

Current Items Proud of:

Current Goals:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:05 am 
Story Teller

....Ouch, this guide is pretty bad. Sorry to break it to you, but the guide will confuse more newbs than it helps.
They will start thinking warriors have ranged weapons and that they can use a crossbow with warrior. Or they will think that you can choose between weapons for your other than melee classes. And they will walk around with a warlock rod and a shield trying to cast their first wizard spells until they realize they have been mislead. And the clerics will panic when they die because they could not heal themselves with their stupid harps.

And don't even get me started with your amazing "delevel yourself if you need SP" idea.

Good luck on other guides and make sure you are not lying to people when you write a guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:46 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Haha, more like a rant.

I think you're new to Silkroad by the way you complain.

I'm sure that all this is completely true, maybe you just read it wrong.
See, in Silkroad there is something called SP farming, which started in Chinese world. See, some high level said hey, I dont have enough SP for my other moves. So he decided to get all the SP at a lower level. Hey, the monsters are easier and I get SP faster, hey great!

Then I took that and did what I did to ensure success in this game.
See the whole point is getting SP at a low level for future skills so you dont have to worry about grinding for hours just to get those SP points. But now you can get that by making a gap and starting this at a low level so it comes to you easier.

Yes I may had misguided by the whole range weapon thing. But I can fix that.

Current Items Proud of:

Current Goals:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:50 pm 
Banned User

nice guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:47 am 
Casual Member

Well, I hope it will help someone.

Playing Vsro
CurseR LvL 5x warlock / cleric
HeavenMelody LvL 3x bard / cleric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:49 pm 
Valued Member

Your guide says:
Quote:
Here is where you should have sufficient skills to kill some mobs about your level. Now read carefully because if you mess this up, there's no going back.

Actually, you have the entire game to grind and/or farm for SP. So you can mess up, and you have plenty of time to fix it.

A 4 level gap for the rest of the game, especially around level 60 and up, would kill. (imo) I find it's best to farm with a 9 level gap before level 30 and maybe farm around level 7x (never made it that high).

154k SP and growing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:14 pm 
Valued Member

ive always found it easier to just power ur way thru to caves and just grind there and then continue grinding at takla, even with the crazy number of bots, u get major sp, even if u do kill a lil slower cuz of lack of skill, items can make up for that.

sp farming at low levels is another option tho you're right, i just found it really boring since u cant really pvp under 20.

btw it helped me a bit =] so good job. <-- completely noob when it comes to euro haha...

gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 pm 
Frequent Member

Congrats on your first guide, but I have to agree with torinchibi- some points cause (or could cause) confusion to someone completely new to the game.

First off, when you say, "Start of by choosing robes for now, as it does not matter yet what armor you make. "

You never explain clothing allowed for different classes, and how some classes don't allow certain clothes to be worn unless paired with a more versatile class. Also, when you mention female armor having less options than male armor, you created an issue out of a non-issue. The person themselves can do alchemy on their own clothing, therefore, there is nothing to worry about when choosing your gender.

Secondly, when choosing examples, choose them in a way that does not cause confusion. The example I'm referring to is when you said, "say I wanted to become a Wizard and Rogue. I'd choose my main tree, say Wizard, and pick a Staff."

You list an example of a generally Pure Str class paired with a generally Pure Int class. To add further confusion to this statement, it contradicts with your previous paragraph, "II. Class right for you" in which you explain what sort of stats each class receive, so someone would see melee class having Pure Str stats and a Caster having Pure Int stats. See where I'm getting at?

Third; the "IV. Mastery Trees" section isn't very accurate.

You mention a warrior being the better damage dealer out of the two melee builds, but this isn't true. A warrior is a tanker- a character designed to withstand many attacks and survive through them. They don't have "imbue spells" either. In fact, the only build that has an imbue is the rogue, with the imbue being poison.

Bards, are in fact, not the "greater damage dealer of the buffers". Cleric attacks cause more damage, especially Offering- which brings me to my next point on how you failed to mention "Offering" skill in the Cleric section, or any attacks as a matter of fact! When you said "They give status effects to their party members" (referring to bard section, not cleric), this can cause confusion as well. Status Effects aren't a good thing, so maybe that was a poor choice of words. Maybe you meant that so say that they "cure" status effects?

Finally, your SP farming section is pretty good, if not a little too basic. I suppose it would be good for someone completely unaware of farming though. :)

Only one complaint though..

When you said,
Will9637 wrote:
So remove those SP that you already get from leveling from your total SP needed so you wont have extra SP you dont really need. :)

Extra SP?! That's a myth! No such thing as extra SP! :D

So yeah, clarify some points and this guide is done. =) And I'm not trying to be pedantic when I point out this small details, but when you're trying to explain something to someone who is completely new to something, details are very important so they must not be overlooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:59 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Very nice and useful guide :)

Server: Alps
<( ^ . ^ )>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:41 am 

torinchibi wrote:
....Ouch, this guide is pretty bad. Sorry to break it to you, but the guide will confuse more newbs than it helps.
They will start thinking warriors have ranged weapons and that they can use a crossbow with warrior. Or they will think that you can choose between weapons for your other than melee classes. And they will walk around with a warlock rod and a shield trying to cast their first wizard spells until they realize they have been mislead. And the clerics will panic when they die because they could not heal themselves with their stupid harps.

And don't even get me started with your amazing "delevel yourself if you need SP" idea.

Good luck on other guides and make sure you are not lying to people when you write a guide.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice and usefull guide :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:46 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

You guys are right, sorry.

This guide is more towards previous players of the game.

I will try to fix this to remove the confusion.

Thanks all for the comments and help. ^.^

Current Items Proud of:

Current Goals:

Post subject: Re: [Guide] Building your European Character, No worries for SP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 am 
Banned User

to be hounest, :D the guide wasent very helpfull

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:51 pm 
Advanced Member

This guide has errors in its break down of the classes, and a vital lack of information.

You say go for melee if you want damage. Wrong, you have two different classes here, the rogue, a damage dealer, and the warrior, a tank.
One designed to do damage, one designed to take damage. (I know it's covered later in the guide, but the inital point will throw people off)

The casters are completely different. You can't just say, choose one if you want damage. If you want damage, you go wizard. If you want utility, variety and an adaptive playstyle, you go warlock as they don't do great damage in one hit. (see previous note too)

Buffers is pretty straight forward. You either help defense and damage while healing MP, or protect from status, up Int, Str and defenses and heal HP. Also you're wrong about which being stronger if you *have* to talk about their attack skills. Clerics do the most damage in a single hit; bards hit as hard as Chinese nukes consistently.

Next is your build. Euros should in most cases NEVER be a hybrid. The only possible exception to this is clerics and warlock, as they are not made to do damage and may need to survive more. (but it's easily made up for with good blues)

Finally, you've left out the most important part of all; the class' role in a party. This is the first and foremost point of any Euro. You are made to work together, discuss each class as such.

I'm sorry, but you have a fair amount to fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:47 pm 
Banned User

Can't wait to see someone pull off a 2:1 Hybrid Warrior!

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:09 pm 

You are so wrong about the hybrids...

Pure Cleric is good as full int (he can heal him self and can solo). making 1:1 is silly
Melee as hybrid?! Why? More mp? -.- there are blues for that...
Casters, they don't need more hp... wizards can kill with out being reached, warlocks stun, sleep and steal hp...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 am 
Common Member

Tehz fail.

I stalk my own threads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:59 pm 
Banned User

Sylus wrote:
Tehz fail.

Please, take look at when this guide was posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:45 am. :wink:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:44 pm 
Elite Member

torinchibi wrote:

That's why we're so lucky, no noob comes to the SRF!

lol.

Anyways, this guide has like a.. 5/10? Provide more info, go into more detailed explanations about the classes and all that. There you have a good guide.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:49 pm 
Elite Member

Magnum357x wrote:
You are so wrong about the hybrids...

Pure Cleric is good as full int (he can heal him self and can solo). making 1:1 is silly
Melee as hybrid?! Why? More mp? exactly, obviously there are other options but the point of being hybrid is having extra advantages. -.- there are blues for that...
Casters, they don't need more hp...right, they don't need, but it's really usefull, once again thats why people go hybrid wizards can kill with out being reached, warlocks stun, sleep and steal hp... lol

Hum, Sir, YOU are wrong about hybrids.

You made questions and answered them yourself, wich sounded quite... stupid.