Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:32 am 
Loyal Member

hm, not sure if you do this

but if you aggro something instead of wasting time tank it, switch to bard and use discord wave on you, it makes your aggro go down a lot and they will go away and you can hit them while they are turning with attack

though it might only work at lower lvls :D not 80 lol

also bard's aoe attack is almost as strong as wizard's so you dont even have to switch back to staff after you discord wave (if lag is problem)

edit: didn't get plvled, well i got party lvled but i helpped too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:03 am 
Veteran Member

People dont realize there is also the bad side to pain quota. If you buff a cleric and a wizard with it, and wizard buffs life control(like they usually do and after they die its everyone elses fault), he's going to die because of the shared damage from the cleric.. since cleric aggros so much it's hard to get mobs off it for a warrior...in low lvl parties that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 am 
Banned User

What im most tired of when i join a party, is that people say

"STR INT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 am 
Frequent Member

Least you have those buffs to give them. Many don't understand when I tell them,

"I can't buff you with INT or STR, I'm a wizard/bard... all I can give you is speed"

The usual reply is

"Oki. BUFFF PLYYYZZ."

Sometimes I wonder why I bother... Many don't cancel their chinese speed buffs, and many keep asking for INT, STR, or rezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:14 am 

I play how you should with my dual axe warrior , use pain quota and protect on 1 wizard and 1 cleric,use the HP increasing skill(forgot the name) if there's no cleric (with cleric it's not needed),dual axe doesn't have dumb knock down and instead have a stun,so it helps much more in a party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:27 am 
Banned User

See i cant give str and int, since im gonna back up the clerics in my guild, i have ress, bless, holy word, and healing. Its taken so i can support the clerics in my guild, Because it must be so lame to be cleric and thiefing and dieing and then be only one who cant get ressed, so yea im a "support" cleric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:31 am 
Frequent Member

Drukz wrote:
See i cant give str and int, since im gonna back up the clerics in my guild, i have ress, bless, holy word, and healing. Its taken so i can support the clerics in my guild, Because it must be so lame to be cleric and thiefing and dieing and then be only one who cant get ressed, so yea im a "support" cleric.

Yeah and even with the buffs that stay, it's hard to switch back and forth to heal even without lag (for when you are support). I know a few thieves that are cleric/wizard for jobbing. They buff, stay invisible until trouble arives and either kill or rez when needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 am 
Banned User

Goobronicus wrote:
Drukz wrote:

Yeah and even with the buffs that stay, it's hard to switch back and forth to heal even without lag (for when you are support). I know a few thieves that are cleric/wizard for jobbing. They buff, stay invisible until trouble arives and either kill or rez when needed.

True

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:47 am 

I think I am a good warrior when there is a cleric in my party. I do not think tanking for the party was that differcult, as all warrior attacks draws tons of aggro. As long as the cleric can keep me alive, it is a ride in the park.

But when there is no cleric, the situation becomes much more complicated. Iron Skin + Vital Increase will not keep me alive for long without cleric. And many times wizards and rogues goes hit a mob in the middle of 3-4 other party mobs. When you have 3-4 party mobs banging you at the same time, and you don't have cleric, you are certainly dead no matter what buffs I put on you. I just stood there and watch those guys get killed.

Afterwards, they will say "WTH noob why don't you tank for me?" Well, I would normally, but I doubt I can tank 3-4 party mobs without cleric. Heck, I wouldn't even be able to run away and survive. So the only way for me to save that guy would be to throw my body into the fire, so I die instead of him. I don't think that is the way to go, so I don't do it. Yes, maybe I am a noob T_T

Last edited by CHIPS on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:57 am 
Veteran Member

There is no one formula to party, every party is different because you can't always get your ideal party members you have to go with who you have, and some times you have to pain quota the warriors if they are lower lvl, some times the rogues i usually get a rogue and cleric. But if some one is being consistantly over zealous and agroing what they arn't supposed to I pain quota them.

KD is something to be used in str parties, if you have a ton of rogues and warriors and maybe 1 support unit, or no support unit kd is a good thing, it buys you time to repot, and increases damage. if you are in a tight spot and under supported kd is ok because you'll die other wise

KB something very unterestimated, and very un taken advantaged of. I find if you kb something all the retarded other warriors and rogues will chase it to no end because they are just button mashing. KB is good TO BUY TIME, knock it away from your party and taunt it, and let all the wizzes dish out the pain and rebash it, no one gets hurt your DUR doesnt' go down as much and since I have my Vital increase anyways just letting it come back to me isn't sparing it much damage. Now if you do KB and its in the middle of your group go in after it or it'll hop agro, and KB again till its out of your group.
KB part 2. Very good to save some one, if you see something going towards one of your ints then KB it, you'll most likely save them get the agro on you
KB part 3. yes this skill is worth 3 parts, Controlling the fight, KB's biggest advantage is controlling the fight. It helps you controll where you want to fight at, you get a party giant, KB it around untill you can keep it in a place where you and your party are safe from anything else and can focus on just the party giant, if you can't find an empty spot at least a lass dangerous spot, but you can usually get an empty spot. It goes down fast no one gets hurt, every one is happy, except me because my huge mastery gap gives me less exp then every one else.

Stun. Not much experience with this out side of sub warlock with my 1 hander (i did have an axe warrior but didn't get very far with him), but it with KB and sleep (should you be sub warlock) give you 3 ways to stop an attack on some one, and time to hit it, advantage to stun over KB, is that depending on the party you can keep the creature where its at instead of bashing and chasing it every where because the party can't stay under control.

the buffs now

Pain Quota. One of the best buffs. 35% less damage taken even if its distributed out the other people only get like 10 damage big woop. It will help keep you're people alive majorly. USE IT. even the damage the ints get arn't enough to matter to them. Only problem i have with this skill is how short it last, and sometimes forget to rebuff, most of the times i catch myself and rebuff, wish it lasted longer though.

Fences

can't say much here, as i havn't have a warrior high enough to use one, my 1 hander is almost there, just sp farming, at 30. But as a past wizzard i have to say this skill combined with pain quota saved me alot when jobbing, I could tank out multiple packs of 5 star spawns and nuke them all dead, and out tank 2 warriors and chinese str, I've tried the same fights with out the fences and just quota and i died a bit. JUST USE IT

Screens

I assume they rock, and should probally be used

Vital Increase. Now when to use this differs, if you are in a party that lacks damage dealers then don't use it, or if you are solo dont' use it. But if you have good damage dealers you should use this skill, and keep them alive since you don't do that much as it is, not much is lost by dealing less and being able to tank more.

I think that discussed the main faults of warriors

also rogues and wizzards controll your KB too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:59 am 
Ex-Staff

if only warriors read my party guide >.>
im gonna upgrade during christmas with what techs to move during certain situations for each class. like sprint assualt when a sungsung is gonna rape your wiz/rogue.
oO foudre already explained it all. dude im gonna take that for warrior section and put in, then give you credit.. if you dont mind :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 pm 
Banned User

I've seen ur party guide, pretty good +1, but i knew this before i saw ur guide :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm 
Banned User

Btw, warriors, if they have their skinns up, they are pretty good tankers, a pt mob lvl 80 (generals) hits me from 1400 ~ 1800. when i have my iron skin on they hit me for 250, which i survive very easy. i tried this before, when i was partiing with my mates, which basicly was euroes.

Post subject: Re: 99% Euro Warriors Are NOOB
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:25 pm 
Casual Member

trein91 wrote:
They:

1) run around like mad bringing aggro-ed mobs with them
2) doesnt use pain quota on wizards and cleric
3) doesnt use physical screen on other party members
4) does not use vital increase because it makes them WEAKK???
5) never realise the job of a warrior in party play is to TANK and not KILL

Can't blame them though. All of them are botted and powerlvled.

first off, I AM SUPER_NOOB™ ,

1, yes i do, 2 i do use them.. some times, 3 i use it a lot in jobwar, 4 cus it is gay, 5 i have a big sword and i know how to use it.
and for the power lvling bizz, if it was there b4 euro u chinas would had done it too.

so yes 99% of warriors are NOOB, but that last 1% is for me, the SUPER_NOOB™

:twisted: is crit, is good :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:31 pm 
Loyal Member

imagunnakill wrote:
trein91 wrote:
They:

1, yes i do, 2 i do use them.. some times, 3 i use it a lot in jobwar, 4 cus it is gay, 5 i have a big sword and i know how to use it.
and for the power lvling bizz, if it was there b4 euro u chinas would had done it too.

If you truely consider your damage an essential asset to a party then think again, if your the supposed main damage dealer, then there is something wrong with your party. Wizards are there for the damage, thats their role, mass killing of monsters that you lure to them, at the same time they must be protected and any aggro to them must be diverted back to you, via Protect buff or taunts. Your attacks or damage is not even needed, just stand there and take the heat.

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:47 pm 
Casual Member

VforVendetta wrote:
If you truely consider your damage an essential asset to a party then think again, if your the supposed main damage dealer, then there is something wrong with your party. Wizards are there for the damage, thats their role, mass killing of monsters that you lure to them, at the same time they must be protected and any aggro to them must be diverted back to you, via Protect buff or taunts. Your attacks or damage is not even needed, just stand there and take the heat.

i should of said this first , i dont party with many euros @ all(i grind them powerlvlers party mobs @ the snipers for my 3 hours ^^), unless in jobwar with guildies(and thats only one wiz and one cleric) and then i do use my buffs on them and be the tank , only because everyone always comes after me first (their mistake) i take a few hit then its BOOM offering. when i was in the low lvls , i did party with euros a lot , and i did use pain quota a bit but like others have said , its no good tanking when ppl around you are still dieing cus thay are a noob wiz,cleric,bard, or whatever and think like all noob that thay can kill anything.

if you are in a party with geed friends that know how to use their skills its all good , but there in not a hole lot of ppl that "realy" know how to use their skills to the fullest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:13 pm 
Banned User

imagunnakill wrote:
trein91 wrote:
They:

If you can't post something useful, then DON'T.

You fail at every single aspect of party play no thanks to your powerleveled session and botting session at Generals, same with Joshy and Goss.

If you wanna bot a character, why use Euro when you don't even understand the basics of a PARTY PLAY.

Wouldn't it be way simpler for you to bot a Chinese STR Glaiver?

Your just another egoistic iSRO player who bots from 1-80, has no idea on skill choice and refuse to listen to others -.-''. Does listening to others shorten ur e-penis?

In your definition:

Read Guides = NOOOOBBZZZZZZ
Refuse to listen to others and guide = 133377777 PROOZZZZZ 44444

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:24 pm 
Advanced Member

hmm....partys can still be found im this game of plvling? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:26 pm 
Banned User

John_Doe wrote:
hmm....partys can still be found im this game of plvling? :shock:

Of course, most users are powerlvled up to 69 or even 70 but thats the max. The other 10 levels have to be in parties or even botted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:41 pm 
Casual Member

trein91 wrote:
If you can't post something useful, then DON'T.

You fail at every single aspect of party play no thanks to your powerleveled session and botting session at Generals, same with Joshy and Goss.

If you wanna bot a character, why use Euro when you don't even understand the basics of a PARTY PLAY.

Wouldn't it be way simpler for you to bot a Chinese STR Glaiver?

Your just another egoistic iSRO player who bots from 1-80, has no idea on skill choice and refuse to listen to others -.-''. Does listening to others shorten ur e-penis?

In your definition:

Read Guides = NOOOOBBZZZZZZ
Refuse to listen to others and guide = 133377777 PROOZZZZZ 44444

wow , my first flame ,

first off , i will say , i botted for 2 day when isro bot was free for them 2 day just to see what it was all about(and i got a hole 20% doing so ,i hand grind better).
2nd i have only been to the generals a few times , and not in a party(wanted to see if i could kill them)
i am not lvl 80 i am 72 , hand grinded to mid 50's then hooked up with the plvling fad.

moreover , i have a small e-penis but an avarage r/l one that worked on 2 ocations that i know of.and as for you (If you can't post something useful, then DON'T) dont you follow your own rules, and the last part of your post just lost me altogether.

thankyou comeagain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:10 pm 
Loyal Member

That fact that you admitted to botting already disregards any credibility you may once have had, I bid you good day sir.

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm 
Ex-Staff

imagunnakill wrote:
first off , i will say , i botted for 2 day when isro bot was free for them 2 day just to see what it was all about(and i got a hole 20% doing so ,i hand grind better).
thankyou comeagain

you won't come again, byebye :wink:

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:34 pm 
Casual Member

i will not defend what i did , but i can admit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:03 pm 

All in all id say it isnt a matter of all warriors being noob. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences with1 or 2 specific warriors. It’s a matter of no one wants to play their role in euro. All the wiz want item share off, all the clerics (at least some I have met,) think they deserve money to party/res ppl. No one understands their purpose in the party.
I made a wiz and had to quit at lvl 27 cause NO ONE could party right, I was dying faster than leveling. But at lease low levels partied then, no there are no parties between constantinople and samaranland (except at the crabs, but they are all newbs<20 trying to get free plvl, or steal bits and pieces of your kills till you get pissed off and pk them.
Theres 3 stalls max in constantinople, leaving NO decent equips for noobs. So when I started my warlock I did what everyone else did, and plvled it. I wanted a euro charicter, its very sad that euros are so dependant on each other, leaving people who WANT to party play screwed due to ignorant selfish noobs that don’t want to play. You invite someone to your party and they become paralyzed. They just stop. While you do everything. That’s why I wont party with people standing around yell Pty plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, over and over again. I only invite people that are actually playing. GRR I feel youre euro frustration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:31 pm 
Veteran Member

Barotix wrote:
if only warriors read my party guide >.>
im gonna upgrade during christmas with what techs to move during certain situations for each class. like sprint assualt when a sungsung is gonna rape your wiz/rogue.
oO foudre already explained it all. dude im gonna take that for warrior section and put in, then give you credit.. if you dont mind :)

i don't mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:43 pm 
Veteran Member

ArchYourFace wrote:
All in all id say it isnt a matter of all warriors being noob. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences with1 or 2 specific warriors. It’s a matter of no one wants to play their role in euro. All the wiz want item share off, all the clerics (at least some I have met,) think they deserve money to party/res ppl. No one understands their purpose in the party.
I made a wiz and had to quit at lvl 27 cause NO ONE could party right, I was dying faster than leveling. But at lease low levels partied then, no there are no parties between constantinople and samaranland (except at the crabs, but they are all newbs<20 trying to get free plvl, or steal bits and pieces of your kills till you get pissed off and pk them.
Theres 3 stalls max in constantinople, leaving NO decent equips for noobs. So when I started my warlock I did what everyone else did, and plvled it. I wanted a euro charicter, its very sad that euros are so dependant on each other, leaving people who WANT to party play screwed due to ignorant selfish noobs that don’t want to play. You invite someone to your party and they become paralyzed. They just stop. While you do everything. That’s why I wont party with people standing around yell Pty plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, over and over again. I only invite people that are actually playing. GRR I feel youre euro frustration.

ya i don't really understand that bs, just stop after in party, you get less xp sitting there then if you were helping, because things die slower, well except your team mates

I got talked into playing on pacific under offer of plvl, and taking a break thru my plvl and when my freinds got off, i wanted to go normal grind, boy was i wrong if i thought a low lvl party was possible on an older server.

Its like all the euro on older servers are nooby beggers and scammer, everything has to be done for them, and for some reason. Its not a fun game enviroment, only reason i'm going to stick it out is because of high lvl freinds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:49 pm 
Valued Member

Renton wrote:
Then I see people that try to do everything on their own. Just because they're an euro. "OMG I'M AN EURO I CAN KILL ANYTHING" I see that happen a lot at south dw.

Hmm...you're completely right. I also work a lot by myself...(only lvl 29 as a rogue)..why?...It's almost impossible to find a good party. I level faster on my own than with the average party.

Once I found a party that worked together, that's great. But all the other times you're gonna die within 5 minutes. Cause the freakin' warrior runs off cause the cleric isn't doing his job...Warrior dead, cleric dead..well..as a rogue you can at least use scud and run off as the last man standing...

Anyway, with cleric as a sub you can ress the whole party, but after 5 minutes again they're all dead.

But the strangest thing is...apparently many guys do know how to party, but why can't we find them? Looking at the reactions on this topic there are guys who know how it's supposed to be done...
I don't know if it get's easier on the later levels, but at lvl 29 and before it's almost impossible...

Oh yeah, before you guys flame me for being a rogue and I shouldn't be in a party...well, perhaps you're right. I can't do the job as well as some other characters. But what I've learned is that a rogue can act like a wizard (doing slightly less damage). But the great advantage lies in the fact that once the warrior dies, the rogue can take over. Shut off the Dagger Desperate or Xbow Extreme and be the tanker till the Cleric has ressed the warrior. If this is done well, the whole party benefits from it, cause they don't die once the warrior dies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 pm 
Advanced Member

euro warriors own :P

rouges can try to hide but i'll find em :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:34 pm 

Problem right now is most grind places are crowded...

But yeah, it's ideal to have like 2 bards... 1 Cleric, 1 War, 1 Rogue and Rest Wizards...

The rogue lures, the Warrior stand away from ints and aggro... At least that's what we do in our guild... :P

"When you start giving up, thinking what you do makes no difference, you just end up doing less — and nothing's changed..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:04 am 
Casual Member

all i can say is, i hate stupid parties that don't protect their wiz or clerics.

oh another thing i hate is when people start picking up shit when there are still mobs attacking other party peeps, hello!!!!!!!!!!!! your wiz or cleric is getting attacked you dumb FU_CK.