Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Was This Guide Helpful?
Yes. 87%  87%  [ 244 ]
No. 13%  13%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 280
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 am 
Casual Member

<< EDITED >>

- cin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

kwfreedom wrote:
<< EDITED >>

- cin

Wonder what he said. :?
If it's criticism, me and Manowar can handle it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:11 pm 
fena wrote:
kwfreedom wrote:
<< EDITED >>

- cin

Wonder what he said. :?
If it's criticism, me and Manowar can handle it.

its a bad link and some shit about botters. he spammed the forum with it..
if you really want it, i can pm you :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:42 pm 
Frequent Member

even though i read the con i still dont understand y u need to delvl the 80bicheon/80fire/70light/70ice build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:16 pm 
Ex-Staff

noobert mclagg wrote:
even though i read the con i still dont understand y u need to delvl the 80bicheon/80fire/70light/70ice build.

Mastery limit will remain at 300 when the level caps rise. If you're doing a 80/80/70/70 build you're already using up the max amount of masteries you can. This is a problem at later caps since you always want your bicheon tree and your primary force (in this case fire) to the maximum that you can get it SP permitting for the sake of doing the maximum amount of damage skill wise. This you can't do when you're already at the maximum amount of masteries you're allowed so in order to get your bicheon and fire tree passed lvl 80, you will need to make sure the total amount of masteries you have isn't at 300/300 and in order to accomplish this, you will have to delevel a force tree so you have enough free masteries to get bicheon + fire at the highest point you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:29 am 

so cap 150 will be bicheon 150 fire 150? :P
i doubt joymax still exist until then

Very keen in making another build:
Warlock/Cleric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:13 am 
Ex-Staff

juntakashi wrote:
so cap 150 will be bicheon 150 fire 150? :P
i doubt joymax still exist until then

Technically yes, however the odds that Isro will get any cap passed lvl 100 is almost none and there's no telling if the cap will ever get that high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:38 am 
Forum God

great guide .. sticky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:22 am 
Ex-Staff

*Manowar updated - PvP Section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:47 am 
Loyal Member

i just started a blader, at the sp farming, got my bow and everything

this guide helps a lot, 2 thumbs up

:love: fena

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:11 am 

nicely pimped details on pvp tatics

could add in vs. Euro each class aft u hv done it

:P

Very keen in making another build:
Warlock/Cleric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:54 pm 
Ex-Staff

juntakashi wrote:
nicely pimped details on pvp tatics

could add in vs. Euro each class aft u hv done it

:P

That's what I was hoping to do, since my only real experience with euro characters was with a rogue who was clearly unfarmed or low 7x and a wizard in a job war recently, which I don't think is enough to write accurately about pvping them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:27 am 
Ex-Staff

*If I'm correct, I believe Manowar's finished updating the parts of the Guides that need updating at this point. I'm sure that as time moves along, he'll be maintaining this thread as much as it's needed.
So thank you, Manowar for keeping this Guide alive, and the enormous amount of time you must have spent on it. :]

And once again, congratulations on completing your farming! Just as a reminder guys, as a Blader, it might seem that times get tough, especially when your Nuker friends outlevel you - but it can be done, and it can be done legitly. Manowar's an excellent example of that fact.

Once again, thank you, Manowar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 am 
Casual Member

I have a question regarding SP farming. Did you think it is a good idea to farm at lv68 ( Mole ) with +5 weapon , +5 shield with 9 lv gap?
Besides that, what is the best recommendation skill build for 90 cap.
What i planned for 80 cap is 80 bicheon , 80 fire, 80 lightning and 60 ice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:49 am 
Valued Member

i love the guide! it just gave me more inspiration to continue my quest to making a decent STR blader! i'm lvl 41 right now, and i did not farm at lvl 16 at the stronghold, because i didnt know better at the time.. I have a gap 6 already.. should i wait till lvl52 to farm? Or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:42 am 
Ex-Staff

[SD]Isidro wrote:
i love the guide! it just gave me more inspiration to continue my quest to making a decent STR blader! i'm lvl 41 right now, and i did not farm at lvl 16 at the stronghold, because i didnt know better at the time.. I have a gap 6 already.. should i wait till lvl52 to farm? Or what?

From my experience, the earlier you farm with a Blader, the better. 52 is often considered a great spot to farm because of the great spawn of Penons, and because you get a change of weapons at the level - hopefully, an SoX if you can afford it.

In my time, I would've farmed either at 16, or 52. The further you go along, the less damage a Blader does compared to other classes, such as, perhaps a Nuker. Therefore, you farm slower than another class would, if that makes any sense. By the time you hit the Caves, farming will be nowhere near as fast as you would've farmed at the Den. At 16 is the best time to farm when the difference in damage between STRs and INTs is the most negligible.

But that was all before the update. Things might have changed by now. Sorry for the late reply - you might have already hit 52 by now. But if you haven't, and you're still seeking advice, the best thing to do would be to PM Manowar. I'm sure that he'd be glad to help you with any question you have concerning Bladers, as he's a well-accomplished one himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:06 am 

awesome guide i am going to start a new s/s pure str blader

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] The Complete Blader
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:40 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

omg, what a great guide!! i :love: it!! and with this guide, i just decided to make an ice blader (when a slot is free by my acc). with this:

bicheon 80 / ice 80(imbue) / fire 80 / and light 30 (why 30? when the new cap comes, i dont have to skill back-costs too much).

thanks alot!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:35 pm 
Casual Member

BEST GUIDE EVER :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:43 am 
Banned User

bladers suck
<--- trust me i can tell you from experience

fena wrote:
The Blader – Concept & Comparison

The Concept of a Blader:
Bladers are notorious for “not being able to be killed, but not being able to kill a thing themselves.” While the latter part of the quote is not entirely true, the concept that a Blader is not able to be killed, certainly, is. A Blader is not meant to be a heavy damage-dealer. It is meant to be a Tanker, being able to have mobs upon mobs, hoards upon hoards, of enemies attacking it at once, and be able to tank through it all, and kill them one by one, sometimes by knocking down an enemy, sometimes by their Chains – and look cool, with the flashy Chains, and the sexy blades, and shields, throughout the entire process.

Cuchulainn wrote:
The idea of blade is to sacrifice damage for more defense. So in essence, you don't hit as hard as a glavie, but you can take more or more correctly, you take less damage overall because of the extra defense and the almighty block from your shield.

Blader VS. Glavier, STR-Heavy Bowmen

Pros:
Significantly more tanking ability – higher defense.
Saves money - Uses less pots due to it’s higher defense – this mostly applies to monsters, or players that use Physical Attacks. The difference in damage that a Blader and a Glavier, or Bowmen will take from a monster that uses a Magical Attack, like, say, an Earth Taoist, will not be as noticeable as the difference in damage that the two take from a Power Earth Ghost.
Has KD’s that knockdown the enemy, and unable them to attack for the time being – whereas the Blader can repeatedly stab the enemy while it’s down.
Has a Shield, which further increases defense, as well as blocking attacks – a block may be the deciding factor in a PvP battle between having the time to pot through a Critical from a Glavier, or Bowmen, or lying on the ground dead.

Cons:
Significantly less damage than a Glavier or Bowman – both with regular attacks, and Criticals.
Does not have a Stun ability (pertaining specifically to a Glavier). The Stun ability, on top of immobilizing the enemy, does not allow the enemy to use pots during the Stun. The Stun also cannot be potted away.
Because of the less damage, a Blader also levels slower than a Glavier both. Bowmen level faster than Glaviers, and Glaviers level faster than Blader. (Typo pointed out by Kevv. Thanks!)

Blader VS. Spears, S/S, INT-Heavy Hybrids

Pros:
An insane amount of more tanking ability – higher PHYSICAL defense.
Massive HP, when compared to a Pure INT, or INT-Heavy Hybrid.
Saves money - Uses less pots due to it’s higher defense – this mostly applies to monsters, or players that use Physical Attacks. The difference in damage that a Blader and a Glavier will take from a monster that uses a Magical Attack, like, say, an Earth Taoist, will not be as noticeable as the difference in damage that the two take from a Power Earth Ghost.
Has KD’s that knockdown the enemy, and unable them to attack for the time being – whereas the Blader can repeatedly stab the enemy while it’s down.
Has a Shield, which further increases defense, as well as blocking attacks – a block may be the deciding factor in a PvP battle between having the time to pot through a Critical from a Glavier, or lying on the ground dead.

Cons:
Has an immense amount of difference in MP – a INT-Heavy build will always have much more MP than a Blader.
INT-based builds will always have more Magical Defense than a Blader.
Spears, S/S, or a Hybrid, will always do significantly more damage than a Blader. The average damage from an INT build from a Nuke, will be higher than the average damage from a STR build, from a weapon skill. Yet, the Critical of a STR build will always do more damage than the Critical of an INT build – keep in mind that Nukes do not Critical. Either way, any PLAUSIBLE build in the game will almost certainly, always outdamage a Blader.
Much slower leveling speed. While INT builds are the top of the spectrum, in the aspect of leveling speed, a Blader is at the bottom.

and.. blader saves HP pots against mobs?
LoL

str bows can 1hit kill bots or kill them before they are even hit
int can 1hit nuke them
glavies, sss, mars, monster dead

bladers, does the least dmg, takes the longest to kill mobs and also melee, therefore the most pot used

i wont even bother reading and pointing out more errors

FULLY UNFARMED
VENICE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:33 am 
Valued Member

raged! wrote:
bladers suck
<--- trust me i can tell you from experience

LoL

int can 1hit nuke them

bladers, does the least dmg, takes the longest to kill mobs and also melee, therefore the most pot used

Seems like you have been doing something wrong with your blader... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 pm 
Casual Member

Hey,
firstly i'd like to say thank you so much for your guide. This is excellent!
I have one question however. Currently i'm building a blader for the first time. I already did a bit of SP farming on scorpions at level 42, i did about 20k SP there. Right now i'm level 55, and have sort of missed the chance to farm on the pennons so i wondered if this would be a good alternative idea: Get to level 64 and farm at the yetis with a 9 level gap? They would be green meaning i'd kill them quickely and make alot of money there as they'd do hardly any damage (i'm in protector). I'm not bothered so much about how quick i do it, but more how successful it would be. Of course the quicker i can be finished the better but i just want it to be done well you understand.. I'd like to farm just enough here to max my bicheon and fire at 64. They are at 55 right now.

Do you think this would be a good idea, and how long do you see it taking?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:39 am 
Forum God

nice guide.. alot of reading.. and i mtired to.. goes to bed. good night

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:25 pm 
Ex-Staff

Takeshina wrote:
Hey,
firstly i'd like to say thank you so much for your guide. This is excellent!
I have one question however. Currently i'm building a blader for the first time. I already did a bit of SP farming on scorpions at level 42, i did about 20k SP there. Right now i'm level 55, and have sort of missed the chance to farm on the pennons so i wondered if this would be a good alternative idea: Get to level 64 and farm at the yetis with a 9 level gap? They would be green meaning i'd kill them quickely and make alot of money there as they'd do hardly any damage (i'm in protector). I'm not bothered so much about how quick i do it, but more how successful it would be. Of course the quicker i can be finished the better but i just want it to be done well you understand.. I'd like to farm just enough here to max my bicheon and fire at 64. They are at 55 right now.

Do you think this would be a good idea, and how long do you see it taking?

Well, it's a good idea, but you'll be aiming to farm in the Caves, at the Power Earth Ghosts. The Spawn rate is great there. Aim to get your Bicheon and Fire to 63, so you can farm again at 72. Alternatively, you can farm at 64 enough to get your masteries to 71, and then, farm again at the cap. IMO, either way is good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:39 pm 
Casual Member

So, not a good idea to do it on yetis then? I figured being a blader it might be quicker but is that not the case?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:27 am 
Ex-Staff

Well, it depends on your weapon. If your weapon is mediocre, stick with the yetis (or, alternatively, the soil ghost bugs in the first cave room). If your weapon is good, you can aim for more. It's all about finding the best experience/kill time ratio. Once you get to 64, try out more spots for an hour each. See how much SP you make in an hour, and then judge. It comes down to weapon and equipment quality.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm 
Common Member

siew wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=83436&p=1057533#p1057533

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:14 pm 
Ex-Staff

Stress wrote:
Well, it depends on your weapon. If your weapon is mediocre, stick with the yetis (or, alternatively, the soil ghost bugs in the first cave room). If your weapon is good, you can aim for more. It's all about finding the best experience/kill time ratio. Once you get to 64, try out more spots for an hour each. See how much SP you make in an hour, and then judge. It comes down to weapon and equipment quality.

Agreed with that, although from my personal experience even with a mediocre weapon Pegs were still one of the best choices for lvl 64 due to the amount of spawns you can get in one room (usually it's possible to find one room that's empty/near empty esp in the "hidden" large peg room) which allows for great mobbing. Like Stress said just experiment with different spots and see which ones you like best.

Quote:

Varies on what build you want to choose and the thread given by the link in the post above me gives a good 90 cap build. The mastery combination part of the guide I'll most likely update when Joymax officially announces the new cap.

Quote:
LoL

int can 1hit nuke them

Although bladers will most likely get hit by their mobs, if they're wearing decent equipment the damage mobs do to them (more so at higher levels) will be little to insignificant (in relation to HP) to where your basic character rejuvenation heals the damage lost. I've had incidences where I've done 2+ hour grind sessions and only went through 1 stack of HP pots. Also if someone's grinding in a area with a decent to good spawn they will inevitably get hit, even if they can 1 shot stuff.

As for grinding, true the grinding is a drag in the first 42 levels but once you get mobbing skills like 2nd book KD and the sword dance series, it will speed up your grind to the point where you can level as fast as a glaiver can with similar equipment to yours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 pm 
Casual Member

Thanks guys, i'll expremiment when I get there. X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 pm 

Best guide what i have seen. 100% complete. Nice Work dudes.

Lvl: 7x ->>
Guild: Imperial

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next