Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Did this guide help you?
Yes 69%  69%  [ 150 ]
Sort Of 19%  19%  [ 41 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 216
 Post subject: Re: The [Eventually] Complete Wizards Guide v1.2 *Update 9-0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:39 am 
Ex-Staff

Skill 6: Mana Drought (Lvl 76)
Explanation: Same as Mana Drain, but this is 8m AoE.
Opinion: Same as Mana Drain.[/color]
**Skip**[color=darkblue]

I disagree with this.

Mana Drought inflicts an AoE 4 second potion delay for 30 seconds (?) on top of the effects listed in Mana Drain, this strips the advantage Chinese players have as far as pot usage by a ton.

You are already taking the cold spirit up for Crystal Invisible, why not get a skill that will level the playing field more when PvP'ing Chinese?

At least mark it to 'Optional' in the guide, even though I would say required since you're already investing the SP in cold spirit, you also need to change the explanation in the guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:22 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Nice guide, deffinetly gonna use it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:50 pm 
Advanced Member

btw fireblow is a very useful skill.What i mean is sure u get stuck 4 the rest of the secs if your target dies but remember it has no casting time.This is especially useful against other wizs,locks,clerics.It has a pretty decent dmg and i use it all the time ^^.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:35 pm 
Common Member

FireVortex wrote:
btw fireblow is a very useful skill.What i mean is sure u get stuck 4 the rest of the secs if your target dies but remember it has no casting time..

you can actually cancel the attack once your taget is dead by clicking onto another target. so if your target dies the first hit click onto another taget and move on :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 pm 
Advanced Member

TemJiN wrote:
FireVortex wrote:
btw fireblow is a very useful skill.What i mean is sure u get stuck 4 the rest of the secs if your target dies but remember it has no casting time..

you can actually cancel the attack once your taget is dead by clicking onto another target. so if your target dies the first hit click onto another taget and move on :)

:) never tried it since some xbow rogue always keeps going into safe zone using xbow xtreme come out kill me and run back in safe zone screaming hahaha noobz i pwnzored u i r teh 1337!1!11111!!!.>.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:15 pm 
Common Member

FireVortex wrote:
TemJiN wrote:
FireVortex wrote:

:) never tried it since some xbow rogue always keeps going into safe zone using xbow xtreme come out kill me and run back in safe zone screaming hahaha noobz i pwnzored u i r teh 1337!1!11111!!!.>.>

they always do........they're just scared to get one shotted back :twisted: but i do the same just be an ass :D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:53 pm 
Advanced Member

TemJiN wrote:
FireVortex wrote:
TemJiN wrote:
FireVortex wrote:

they always do........they're just scared to get one shotted back :twisted: but i do the same just be an ass :D :P

xD lol i loled when i got the upper hand when they kept running into my firetraps xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:29 pm 
Casual Member

Nice guide, but what about the second skill? I started putting points into Bard so I could have the perks, was that the right thing to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:15 pm 
Story Teller

...just a pointer on the skills...

Fire Blow - Really useful for giants and pty giants, so it's more required than optional...and btw, you can use earth barrier to unstick yourself if the target dies, or if any enemy is within range, just attack and it will stop it.

Mana drought - Read the description again, then change to required.

Mesh Root - bind multiple opponents so you can get off 1 shot on each of them in the 10 sec = skip? More like required once you start farming the sp to get skills, but until level 80, fully farmed it's a skip.

The only truly pointless skill in the wizard mastery that really deserves to be skipped is lightning bolt and the level 60 equivalent. It makes your shots as weak as a nuker's...which is pretty damn weak when you already have 10m-15m front radius attacks and it is only ok as a skill to use inbetween snow wind and earth shock. A non-combo skill under 250% in the wizard mastery can be nothing more than a mistake. That % was probably a typo that never got fixed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:02 am 

very helpful for when i make a wizard(probably never, tho i would liek to make one.)

My other ride is your mom.

~Recruiting for Exiled.

Post subject: wizard experiences
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 pm 
Banned User

Hi very nice guide i am lvl66 wizard and may say sth. about this char.
-If you started new, forget this char and make a rogue-cleric
-If you cannot start a new char. prepare to die a lot (i was dying 3-4 times a day and sometimes 5+ :shock: :roll:
-If you cannot leave this char. i suggest make a wizard-cleric (come on wizards move faster and if we kill in 1 shot we dont really need noise)
couse bless and recovery division saved me lots of times
-Always try to add str and stamina to your clothes you need them (that means USE alchemy it is our friend :P )
-Never think to give 1 point to str
- as i am lvl66 i use only "all passive skills+earth shock+earth barrier+ice bolt(for frozen spear)+snow wind+invisible+frozen spear+fire bolt+fire blow+meteor ( i will give sp to fire trap later)+lighting shock" and for cleric i give to bless and recovery and upgrade them.
-For sp i only use it before upgrades, i mean if i am lvl52 and upgrades are at lvl 56 i leave mastery at 52 until i get to 56 and there is no problem here :) my mastery is lvl64 and sub is lvl 60
-I highly recommend you to attack monsters with magical attacks like ishade/hashade planars/sonars etc. you can look monsters attack type from silkroad's official site (there is an example when i was 57 penons (lvl 54) gave me 2x damage then sonars (57)
-for jobbing i think best job for wizard is thieves becouse of fire trap and invisible :twisted: i got 2 traders and 1 hunter at my lvl by this first they get to trap 1 is dead then earth shock 2. is dead and a meteor :D all dead 4* trade is mine :) (btw one of them was lvl72 :D)
-thats all for now thx for this great guide and i hope i helped a bit :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:55 am 

no....they dont hardly ever get one hit if they wear light armor with cleric and its buffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:30 pm 
Casual Member

I'm full Int wizard lvl 26.. I could rly do with some hp.
Is it possible to add some strengths when I lvl and how many?

Also: when I started wizard long time ago, I put points in Lightning bolt..
I want that skill away, so collecting crust hearths eh?

Mercury:
==> Lvl 2x Full int Wizard <==

Not ice,fire or lightning but EARTH Force.. With earth force you don't even need a weapon. Just throw earth rocks at your opponents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:03 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

hello,

about wizzard giude i have a qeustion
some people say i only need to unloick 2 elements like fire magic and water magic

but in your guide i see earh , water and fire and elec are all required
this makes me confused... cause im kinda new with this wizzard thing

so.. do i need to unlock ALL skills that is marked with required?

or just a few elements?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:17 pm 
Casual Member

Each elemente tree has necessary skills... so you´ll need all!

Fear is necessary... put your wolf to tank a giant... go close and put a trap...
walk as far as you can then start: Snow wind + charged wind + fireball + (at this point giant is stepping in the trap) fear + ground charge + fire blow ... fear will end almost at same time your fire blow.... then use charged wind to put the giant away and give you time to cast another fireball... and the giant will be dead! (all with life control activated)

This works for giants @ your lvl... and you probably will take one hit between fireblow and second charged wind, and maybe you die depending of your gear. (if the giant chooses to use some kind of buff instead of attacking you... you don´t get any hit)

And a wizard don´t need to kill with the 1st shot ... again, charged wind will be your friend here... cast a fireball... charged wind... and another fireball... @ lvl 26 I was killing Hun Lancer lvl 36 (or 35?) easily.

I really like wizard... it is not like a pure str S/S that you go walking and slowly killing enemys... you need more strategy!

And NOISE (from bard-sub) helps a lot... when farming... just stay in the middle of the monster and AoE-then ... 3 or 4 killings @ time makes farming a easy task.

I´m building a Wiz/Bard... but I´ll make a full bard also... very usefull for parties when there´s more than 2 wiz... recharge party mana and give then very usefull buffs.... So many Wiz... So many Clerics... but few bard around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 am 
Casual Member

nice and thanks!

Post subject: What about subclasses
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:14 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I recently rode your guide and dediced to start a wizard so the question is : Is it an advantage to add a subclass to my wizard? In that case which will be better and which skills....

Post subject: Re: What about subclasses
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:46 am 
Common Member

22rey wrote:
I recently rode your guide and dediced to start a wizard so the question is : Is it an advantage to add a subclass to my wizard? In that case which will be better and which skills....

Well, the simple answer is yes, all classes need subclasses. The choice of a sub-class is really up to everyone by themselves, there's not really and set sub-class that you should be. I would personally recommend going cleric sub, because it's always helpful when you're in a party if you can bless or if you're cleric d/c's you can just jump right in so that the whole pt doesn't die. Also, another invaluable skill that cleric has that I will go more into depth in my guide later on, is bind. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how and when/why to use it though, because, hey, if I told you everything it wouldn't be fun^ :P.

BTW Who voted 'no'?... >.> <.< -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:41 am 
Ex-Staff

I'm pretty sure the 4th skills of fire, earth, ice, lightning can be leveled up from level 30 instead of 40 (invisible, detect, earth barrier, teleport)
atm i'm not logged in to check it though

edit; im logged in it's 30 instead of 40 ^^

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

Last edited by MrBow on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 pm 
Advanced Member

nice guide and nice explanation of the skills :D

Only this lightning skill (and other 4th skills):
Skill 4: Teleport (Lvl 40)
Is lvl 30 instead of 40 :)

(edit: see post above me :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:08 pm 
Common Member

Ah, sorry, as I said on the top, I still have to go back and check everything, but thanks for pointing that out^.

Last edited by Dark520 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 pm 

Great guide!

*Patiently waits for the Subclass section*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:01 pm 
Common Member

brens wrote:
hello,

about wizzard giude i have a qeustion
some people say i only need to unloick 2 elements like fire magic and water magic

but in your guide i see earh , water and fire and elec are all required
this makes me confused... cause im kinda new with this wizzard thing

so.. do i need to unlock ALL skills that is marked with required?

or just a few elements?

i am now lvl 27 and only use ice and earth and i am doing it very well , when i am attacking giants,party champions, I just use ice bolt, snow wind , ice bolt , ground charge , ice bolt ,... the giant can only hit me 2 times and when he hit me more i use my vigor ( i only have 7 but thats enough for the giants i see).

My pet is also a great help offcourse , cuz when i am battling a giant i really dont want another stupid Archer or somthing in my ass so i send my pet on it. :wink:

For regular mobs i just need 1 ice bolt to kill them and that with the help of tablets and nice armor ( wich i farmed myself ), and offcourse the quote " Tablets are ur friend , use them "

This is what i want to add at the guide, btw +10/10 for this guide, its very nice maded.

grtz _IceCold_

PS: dont flame me, its just an oppinion :D

Jessmeist3r -> Warlock/Cleric [SP-farming][xPostMorteMx] - 100k/650k
Wizz_Girl15 -> Wiz/Cleric Lv 65,1gap - [xPostMorteMx]- Full time TAXI-giver. Inactive
I_Nuk3_U -> Hybrid Nuker Lv 3x, 2gap -[xPostMorteMx]- Inactive

-Taking a Break,Playing Requiem:Bloodymare-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

I completely follow your guide except on the lit kb nuke thingy..I think it sucks lol

Great guide *thumbs up*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:33 am 
Banned User

Just a tip. Knockback doesn't discriminate. So just take lv 1 Charged Wind because you obviously aren't using it for damage.

Detect is actually pretty useless seeing as it lasts 10 seconds and only other Wizards have Invisi.

Mana Drought/Drain is actually kind of stupid. After you waste the time to cast it on a target with Holy Spell he'll have killed you anyway. And if they didn't have Holy Spell you are still dead anyway because it only takes 1 Nuke/Hit to kill you.

Invisible is a "Why the hell am I leveling this?" skill. You only need Lv 1 of it. If someone is going to take the time to Detect you they are going to have a Detect on par with your level or it's some low level using his low level Detect. Either way it doesn't really matter.(And Crystal Invisible only lasts 30 seconds every level)

Post subject: Charged wind
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:44 pm 
Banned User

Hello i didnt open Charged wind but now i am 80 and it can be useful in job or pvp or later but i saw that Charged squall(or sth. like that) hits much harder i mean c.w. %43 or sth. like that but c.s. %80 or sth like that any1 tried that? if it hits good than i can open it thanks :) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:36 pm 
Banned User

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:37 pm 
Banned User

no idea ? come on :/ :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:33 pm 

good job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:28 am 

Exellent guide, really. All I needed to know to make a wizard. But you see I'd like you to make a chapter about SP farming, because i started my wizard and I already realised you can't go 0 gap all the way.

How do you get SP for this build? Like, gap or SP farming?

And if I take cleric subclass... what skills to take?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next