Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Guide for Buying Silk via Paypal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:59 pm 
Loyal Member

I decided to make a tutorial on how to buy Silk via Paypal. Yes, it is easy.. but it cant hurt to make it now can it? This was all made by me at 1280x1024 so it may be a bit big for some people.

Unverified Accounts: You CAN buy Silk with unverified accounts, various forum members have done it, so if you cannot buy any silk then the problem lyes elsewhere.

Chargeback: Do not let somebody buy Silk for you unless you are 100% sure you can trust them. I mean personal real life friends only, no online friends. If something happens and that person gets mad at you they can do a chargeback.
Quote:
Q: What is a chargeback?

A: A chargeback occurs when a buyer asks a credit card company to reverse a transaction that has already cleared. A buyer may file a chargeback with their card issuer based on credit card association regulations and timeframes. Although a chargeback may appear to be similar to a PayPal claim, it is actually a process initiated outside of PayPal, which is granted to a cardholder by their credit card company.

When Joymax recieves a Chargeback they lose their money, so in return they ban your account. So if you let somebody else buy Silk for your account you run the risk of losing your account.

You first need to go to the main site found here: http://www.silkroadonline.net

You will need to login on the top right of the page entering your account name and password. Press Log in to continue. If you do not already have an account then you will need to register one.
If you login was successful then you should have this in the place of the login menu:
Once you are logged in you will have to get to the Silk charge page. You can get there two ways.
1. Click on the large banner in the middle of the screen that says "Premium Item Mall"
2. Select the "Item Mall" button from the menu bar and direct the pointer to the Silk Charge option.
Once you are at the Silk Charge screen you have to choose your payment type. Since this is a tutorial on how to use Paypal we will ignore the option for Credit Card and go straight to the Paypal tab. You will have to press the "Charge using Paypal" button to continue.
Once there, you can choose the ammount of Silk that you wish to purchase. You also have to input your email address which registers you for information about events and news. Yes, inputing your email is mandatory. You also have to read the User Agreement and tick the button that says you have read them and agree. To continue with the transaction press the "Make Payment" button on the bottom of the screen.

*NOTE* You can only buy 10000 Silk per month.
A screen will show up summarizing the transaction, choose "Make Payment" again to continue.
That will bring you too the Paypal screen where you must login to your Paypal account. If you do not have an account use the guides provided by Paypal to create one. Press Continue to confirm the transaction via Paypal.
If everything went well then you should get a screen that looks like the following. You can also choose "Silk Charge History" to see how much, if any, Silk you have bought in the past.

Copyright © Antix 2006-Forever

Last edited by antix on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:00 pm 

wow o.O
100 dollars

lol... I guess i've paid about that much so far though... just bits at a time.

Good tutorial. Hope it helps others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:18 pm 

is it possible for other people to buy silk items for you if u trust them really well? (i dont have a paypal account and my parents wont pay for it :( )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:30 pm 
Valued Member

lol. you payed for 1,000 silk but the message says you only got 100...? change your mind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:53 pm 

Moved and stickied...Man we have too many stickies here. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:24 pm 
Loyal Member

Sp@rrow wrote:
is it possible for other people to buy silk items for you if u trust them really well? (i dont have a paypal account and my parents wont pay for it :( )

Yes, other people can buy Silk for you buy they must be very trusted. Because they could do a chargeback which would result in your account getting banned.
zelzin wrote:
lol. you payed for 1,000 silk but the message says you only got 100...? change your mind?

I only did 1,000 as the demo, since I didnt buy any Silk for this tutorial the 100 silk page is just a cookie I had from the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:36 pm 
Frequent Member

Could you add to the first post the issue of unverified paypal accounts? This will be helpful too, I think. :) Great FAQ, well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:24 am 
Loyal Member

Moogie wrote:
Could you add to the first post the issue of unverified paypal accounts? This will be helpful too, I think. :) Great FAQ, well done!

Well, I dont think there is an issue.. dom has bought Silk with his unverified Paypal acc so.. maybe it is just some people?

Edit: Added info about unverified accounts and chargeback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:28 am 

so cool im glad SRO gets some money

since they really do try to make it work well (ok so its lagyg and maybe the game is a bit clunky but the admin seem to really care esp CRAYON!!!)

CRAYON FOR CEO CLUB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:29 am 
Banned User

can u use paypal with a debit card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:15 pm 

You sure you want your Gmail email address showing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:57 pm 
Loyal Member

Tatianasaphira wrote:
You sure you want your Gmail email address showing?

I had tried to fix that but I ended up changing the wrong image. Now fixed, thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:05 pm 

do u need creditcard for paypal also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:58 am 
Loyal Member

nightwolf15 wrote:
do u need creditcard for paypal also?

No. You can verify your account for Paypal two ways: By linking it too a bank account and by linking it too a CC. You do not have to do either though, because it is possible to buy silk via an unverified bank account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 pm 
Banned User

Via unverified works perfect :)
Did it like 5 times now and never had any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:27 am 

I went to same page with the picture of logging into PayPal, but after that it sends me to a page that asks me to make a debit card/credit card for easy payment. :shock: My account is also unverified and I have no CC or Bank Account.

Edit: I see, I see I need atleast an unverified Bank Account. I'll be getting one in mid-August. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:43 pm 

Quote:
Unverified Accounts: You CAN buy Silk with unverified accounts, various forum members have done it, so if you cannot buy any silk then the problem lyes elsewhere.

can those who bought with unverified accounts share some light on this matter then, i'm humping my own leg as we speak to get that golden ticket but it just keeps asking me to add a cc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:58 am 

I may be wrong, but from my experience, you can make a Paypal account and stuff, but you can't spend any money if you don't have a bank account.

Cos when I used Paypal, I had paid a friend some cash and had him send money to it (I didn't have a bank account and the account was unverified). When I tried to use the money in that account, I was unable to send it to anyone, it keep asking for a bank account number...something like that.

That was like a year ago...not sure if things have changed. The only thing I was able to do was resend back the money in the Paypal account back to my friend (and he repaid me back my cash).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:44 am 

It's still the same. I already said it in previous post. ^^^^^^
So lazy. I said you need to have bank account in order to even purchase silk. I would rather get a bank account and get it verified. Once you get bank account, verification is a breeze.

Edit: So basically unverified accounts are for frauds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:32 pm 

well i had sent paypal's customer service an e-mail about this issue and they managed to resolve it for me somehow :)

w00t i finally switched build, from spear to knockdown nuker! :D <3 item mall z0mg, teh monkey is amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:54 am 
Common Member

err...one question. If my account has three characters, then once I buy the silk by following the steps shown, which of my character will have the silk??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:09 am 

im not really sure but i think the silk goes to your whole account. So it doesnt really matter which charater or which server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:38 am 

A question too...

Let's say i want to buy silk with credit card, but as i live in France, i'll have to pay with €uros, will it work or do i have to create a paypal account that will convert euro to USD?(bec i dont wanna create a paypal account :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:33 am 
Advanced Member

i dont see why u would need 1000 silk, a white tiger is only 100 + :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:36 pm 

first it is white wolf, then he said he selected 1K silk just for the example, and then again, it is not because he buy 1k silk that he will spend it instantly, he can use it for 5/6 months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:34 pm 
Banned User

-)G(-Kratos wrote:
A question too...

Let's say i want to buy silk with credit card, but as i live in France, i'll have to pay with €uros, will it work or do i have to create a paypal account that will convert euro to USD?(bec i dont wanna create a paypal account :P )

I know late reaction, but it's a sticky, so :P

There's a valuta(if thats also the correct term in english...) change function in which you can calculate your current amount to i.e USD, to do so, go to "Add Money" Then press "Add money from a bank account in "..."(For me its The Netherlands, for you it'd be France)" There somewhere below there's a Valuta change function(argh can't really translate that =/) where you can enter a certain amount of € and then press "Calculate".
Now it shows the current "Change Rates" from € to USD for PayPal.(i.e €13,- is $15.96 orso).
Hope this helps :)

Oh, btw, the problem with the page of "Add a CC" which certain people get when they want to buy Silk, is(What I think) a problem with your current saldo, that isnt high enough, so PayPal wants to get the money from somewhere else, so one would have to add a CC.
At least that's what I think, I tried to buy 50 Silk with a saldo of €3,- and it asked me to add a CC, so when the €10,- I deposited arrives I'll try again, if I get the same window again, I'd be confabulated :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:18 am 
Elite Member

Okay then,now i have a qeustion. :)

I'm planning on buying a 4-week Gold ticket to help me level up faster,and a monkey to handle the item drops,so how long will it take for the silk to be in my inventory?

kind thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:36 pm 

Grimjaw wrote:
Okay then,now i have a qeustion. :)

I'm planning on buying a 4-week Gold ticket to help me level up faster,and a monkey to handle the item drops,so how long will it take for the silk to be in my inventory?

kind thanks in advance.

if i am right they charge silk in people's inventory every day, like 10am SRO time, not sure though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:13 am 

is there a nid to post this ? he copied from website we can see this in the website anyway ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:53 am 
Valued Member

Grimjaw wrote:
...so how long will it take for the silk to be in my inventory?

It's instant.