Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Did this guide HELP/WAS USEFUL TO YOU?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 142 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 159
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Warrior/Warlock Build
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:22 am 
Banned User

Hello...
This guide is a guide for a warrior (1handed) and a warlock
And let's get started now:

SUMMARY:

I.Build
II.Armour & Gear
III.Pot Delay Problems
IV.Warrior Skills
V.Warlock Skills
VI.PVP
VII. Cons Of The Build
VIII.Warrior/Warlock Videos

I.BUILD
Pure Strength the WHOLE WAY. You don't want any Intelligence, even though you're a warlock. Warlock is only needed for debuffing, no Magical Attacks.
It should look like this with no buffs, scrolls, or armour:

II.ARMOUR & GEAR

Armour:

I prefer robes, since first of all your Pure Strength, and second of all, only nukes from nukers/wizards will do any true damage against you. Gear should have be +3 and higher, with mostly 100% blues (I also think some MP should be added to it, since the debuffs cost a bit more MP).

Weapon(s):

Warlock Rod: this doesn't have to have any +, but blues wouldn't hurt. The stats of your warlock rod won't help your debuffs to be stronger, it is the level of your debuffs that will make them stronger.

Sword:
Your sword should have atleast +5 or higher, and 100% blues. It is your damage dealer on this build, and the higher the better. Critical and physical percentage is also important.

Shield:
This should also be +5 or higher. It will give you extra defense and so on. The blocking ratio should be 16 or higher, and full blues is almost positively needed. I suggest also having a high physical defense mostly since your wearing robes. Image

III.POT DELAY PROBLEMS?
The European Classes have a pot delay of 15 seconds, which can cause a problem.
Suggestions:
Use Vigors... Image

A lot of 25% Vigor Recovery Grains Image
came out in this last event, and hopefully you saved yours (4 second pot delay)
Use 25% HP Recovery Grains... Image
These will also give you a 4 second pot delay, which is 11 seconds less than a normal pot delay, and 3 seconds more than a Chinese's pot delay.

If you didn't get any, or you don't have the cash to buy any and just use normal pots, thats OK too. With this build, it has many debuffs that stop the player, which will give you a couple seconds extra to heal.

IV.Warrior Skills

All these skills are needed.

Taunting Target: Taunts someone so they will attack you even if someone is attacking them

Vital Increase: Great against Wizards (Increases your HP by a certain amount but reduces Physical and Meelee damage.

Descry: Detects Rogues, very helpful against Rogues

Sprint Assault: Causes you to thunder towards your enemy with quick speeds. It can cause Stun & Knock back

Iron Skin: Gives you incredibly high physical defense for a certain amount

Howling Shout: Same thing as Taunting Target

Mana Skin: Gives you incredibly high magical defense for a certain amount

Pain Quota: I think it is absolutely needed for Parties with Europeans

Physical Fence, Magical Fence, Protect: It takes a certain amount of damage/aggro from another character. It is somewhat helpful, but it can kill you too if the attacks are too strong. Cape or no cape, you'll lose experience points.

Physical/Morale Screen: It gives the same amount of defense of Iron/Mana Skin, but for someone else. I think this is very helpful for jobwars, guild wars, fortress wars, and more.

One-Hand Arms, Power Shield, Blockade, Critical Void: Max all of these. They'll give you attack/defence buffs for 1handed warriors. Very useful... [All Passive]

All of these should be maxed. The first one, Slash, is used throughout leveling. The other three, Shield Trash, Double Stab, and Berserker are mastered to also master Shield Crush, Cunning Stab, and Daring Berserker.

V.Warlock Skills

These are your debuffs. The first 2 and last 2 are can be both leveled to the max of level 8 debuff. The only difference is that the last two are AOE debuffs, meaning they'll debuff more than one person in that area. I personally think it is fine just to get the first two and stick with those. The middle two, aren't AOE, but you should still get them if you want AOE or not. They are very important like the rest of your debuffs

Physical Raze: Reduces Physical Defense

Magical Raze: Reduces Magical Defense

Combat Raze: Reduces Physical and Magical Offensive powers

Courage Raze: Increases Physical and Magical Offensive powers done to your enemy.

Physical Ravage: AOE ; See: Physical Raze

Magical Ravage: AOE ; See: Magical Raze

Red Flower: [Passive] Increases damage of Blood Skills, needed for Bloody Trap

Trap Booster: [Passive] Increases Bloody Trap damage

Blood Flower: You don't need this, this is for Pure Intelligence, it is a Magical Attack.

Bloody Trap: Needed, it does a good amount of damage, and explodes at any time (does not leave the opponent when weapons are switched)

Death Flower: AOE ; See: Blood Flower

Daze: Stuns your enemies for a certain amount of time, get it. Very useful for PVP/PVE

Fog Sight: Makes your enemy distance attacks have a shorter distance. Optional, I suggest not to, it's a waste of SP, and not very helpful.

Illusion: makes you be like someone else for a certain amount of time. Useful for disguising in Jobs.

Wrath Daze: AOE ; See Daze (Get it, stuns to a higher level)

Shade Illusion: See Illusion (Get it, lets you copy a character that is a higher level)

Bloody Aim: [Passive] Get it, it increases the amount of HP you get from the skills Vampire Touch and Vampire Kiss

Vampire Touch: This sucks HP out of your enemy, and gives it to yourself. It doesn't do that much damage, but it very helpful with your 15 second pot delay. This skill also gives disease, which makes debuffs have a lot better chance of being done.

Shadow Armour: It makes you do a bit of damage to enemies that get too near you for a certain amount of time. This is more of a fun skill. I'd say it is optional. The damage isn't that much

Scream Mask: a great buff to give to others. It makes people have a chance of getting stunned if the person who has the buff is attacked. Great for all PVP. But, once you switch weapons, this buff is removed (Cannot be used on yourself).

Reflect: You have a 35% chance of reflecting a certain amount of damage off your enemy. Leaves when you switch weapons

Vampire Kiss: AOE ; See: Vampire Touch. I enjoy this skill better because it seems to be faster, and speed counts.

Dusk Armour: See: Shadow Armour

Advanced Reflect: See Reflect ; Stays when switching weapons, when maxed out, it reflects 90% of the damage

Slumber: Makes your enemy fall asleep for 20 seconds. But, if you attack them/debuff them, they'll wake up.

Wheel Bind: Makes your enemy have a longer pot delay, and healing skills will heal this. Very useful for PVP, and gives Chinese a bit of what use Europeans taste.

Mirage: Reduces Aggro amount. Optional, and you don't need to have a warlock rod to use this weapon.

Deep Slumber: AOE ; See: Slumber. Raises Slumber level so your debuff level is higher

Phantasma: See: Mirage

VI.PVP
This is how I Pvp. If other people have other ways, PLEASE post them, and if there reasonable/good, I will add them to this guide with your name.

Chinese (ALL)/Euro Warrior: First, I stun them. Then, I use Vampire Kiss to give them disease, which makes debuffs almost never fail at all. After, I debuff them with the Raze Debuffs and WheelBind and also Bloody Trap. After that, I put them to sleep, switch weapons, and start using Warrior skills to kill him (Use Mana/Iron Skin if needed). It works a lot, just keep repeating this if its a long battle. And, if your HP is low, I suggest using Vampire Kiss, but if your about to kill them, don't worry about it.

Euro Wizard/Rogue: If you're holding a warlock rod, I suggest stunning them as soon as you see them, and than killing them. Only debuff if they don't have there Life Control/Dagger Desperate/Crossbow Extreme. But if your attacked unexpectedly without a warlock rod, I suggest using Sprint Assault to hopefully knock back/stun the enemy and stop his attack

Clerics: Just stun, use Vampire Kiss when needed, and kill with warrior skills. They will heal themselves from Warlock debuffs and Bloody Trap, so it is pointless to debuff them.

VII.CONS OF THIS BUILD: If someone has a cleric, your warlock days are over. Clerics can heal debuffs/bloody traps from themselves and other characters. Just use your Warrior Skills if they do, and you'll still be strong.

VIII.Warrior/Warlock Videos
Vapore:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2OWyxSS9o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QePhtwpqbfQ&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6xWaSD_4fQ&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8e1uk_X6Y&feature=related

1h Warrior Madness: [Also Vapore]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a39EVSfga1w

SP Calculator: http://www.nivlam.com/euro/

Gap Calculator: http://www.nivlam.com/euro/

Hopefully,
you enjoyed my guide and it wasn't a complete waste of your time. Please leave a comment/suggest/constructive criticism. All SRF Rules apply to this thread, so follow them.
Thanks,
SaoKill

Last edited by SaoKill on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 am, edited 23 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Warrior/Warlock Build
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:08 pm 
looks good. i'm not so much into the european builds, so i will await the
replies here before adding it to the big sticky.

<3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:26 pm 

A pretty nice guide..

but euhm just a thought..whats the difference between warrior/cleric and warrior/warlock i mean in your opinion why do you prefer this build over the warrior/cleric build?

Biggest con of the 20th century: http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq34 ... 9_7291.jpg

Israeli tactics of warfare: http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq34 ... 2_5854.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm 
Banned User

I like it better because it is more fun. Instead of getting healed and using bless spell, I got to PVP in a more unique way. It is also somewhat better too, and at low levels, against anyone your level or around there that doesn't have sosun, you're unstoppable. I also hate when high levels kill me while I try to find someone to PVP, so I just stun them, and run to safety, and laugh. Also, if you have seen, there are enough clerics running throughout Silkroad and at a high level, you'll probably have one in your guild, helping you in Guildwars/Fortress Wars/Jobs. So, it is all good anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Pretty nice guide IMO. Just a thing though (If you could that is):-

~ Time for coloring :D !!

Seriously, It'll be better if you organized your guide with colors, bolds, underlines, italics IMO. It'll be fun and easier to read. Just don't choose bright colors.

But, for the explanations thingy, it's good. Well done and hope it'll get updated as you've come across new things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:49 pm 
Banned User

Ok, I guess I can work on that now, since my server is Crowded anyways !
Edit: Alright, hopefully this is better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:37 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Ah. This seems better and easier to read for me that is. So now, nice guide. Two thumbs up :D Gratz.

Hopefully it'll make it to the sticky.

*bribes cin* :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 pm 
Banned User

Thanks, I hope more comments/constructive criticism come in. And stickying this would also be nice cin =P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:14 pm 
pff u guys gettin pushy eh? :P

anyways, seems like this guide deserves to be in the sticky.

*added*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:22 pm 
Banned User

Reflect gives a 35% chance that the enemy's attack will reflect lets say 90% (maxed 80cap) of the damage inflicted on you, right back to them. Lets say they hit you for 10k, you still get hit but they also get damaged for 9k of that 10k damage. Only advanced reflect stays after switching weapons. Must have skill.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:12 am 

i guess the warrior/warlock build is interesting but will it work nice job though

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 pm 
Banned User

Alright thanks berto, I'll add it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:41 pm 
Loyal Member

Don't know if you need this anymore, but

8D Sword:
http://img.yahoo.co.kr/game/silkroad/si ... view/8.jpg

8D Shield:

8D Warlock Rod:

but anyways....nice guide ^.^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 am 
Banned User

Thanks! Finally someone who posted :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 am 
Frequent Member

Very useful guide :)

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Warrior/Warlock Build ; Poll added
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:03 pm 
Loyal Member

Very nice guide :D , you might wanna state however that the weakness is lagging heavily in mid combat, this really gets on my nerves, as if its not bad enough having a pot delay, having your screen frozen too, oh the fun! :banghead:

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:07 pm 
Banned User

Yeah, in some of your videos you have that freeze lagg >_<. New PC or connection?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:34 pm 
Casual Member

SaoKill wrote:
Warlock Rod: this doesn't have to have any +, but blues wouldn't hurt. The stats of your warlock rod won't help your debuffs to be stronger, it is the level of your debuffs that will make them stronger.

First of all, I just want to say this is a great guide. It inspired me to make a warrior/warlock. :)
Secondly, I have a question. Since I wont be using my warlock rod for damage, can I just stick with a 1D rod? My understanding is that +3 strength on a 1D rod is the same as +3 strength on a 8D rod.

Thanks in advance,
Emblem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:55 pm 
Banned User

Yup, though I think 8D looks better =P. Or PK2 Edit it. Anyways, +5 STR can be added to 8D warlock rod, but only +3 to 1D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:59 pm 
Casual Member

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I guess it might be worth it to shell out for a 8D rod after all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:11 pm 
Banned User

I suggest just getting 1D until you can wield 8D, than get the 8D. Saves cash/pimping strength.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 am 
Casual Member

i was just about to ask you at which point i should switch to a higher degree XD thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 am 
Veteran Member

Useful guide i guess, can't wait to fight you, SaoKill. :P

You asked for it,

SaoKill is AMAZINGGGGGG
SaoKill rox my sox

Still waiting for the day you rock mine. :P Good job on the guide.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 am 

woot woot!

been looking for a guide!

thank you and great guide!

Quote:
Famous quotations are for people who have nothing of their own to say, so be sure to use a lot of them. -The Onion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:25 am 
Banned User

BakaFish wrote:
Useful guide i guess, can't wait to fight you, SaoKill. :P

You asked for it,

SaoKill is AMAZINGGGGGG
SaoKill rox my sox

Still waiting for the day you rock mine. :P Good job on the guide.

<3
After my S/S Pure Int, I will rox your sox!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:58 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

hey i believe i saw vapore with some 2handed swords, if so should i get 2h sword skills just to level up or what :P k ty :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:49 am 
Banned User

You would have to ask Vapore that heheh. I'm guessing he has it for fun to 1hit people, and knockdown maybe to give him some time against sosuns, but other than that, It's all fun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:19 pm 
Loyal Member

Knockdowns are another layer of multiplied damage for your Cunning Stab.

Decay + Division + Dull + Knockdown

Average damage on a Lv 80 Glavier / Blader: 7700 > 3700 > 3800 > 8000

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:06 pm 
Banned User

Yeah and if your wondering about switching weapons, it IS hard in the beginning. But soon, you'll get so used to it, you won't even notice the difficulty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:18 am 

VforVendetta wrote:
Knockdowns are another layer of multiplied damage for your Cunning Stab.

Decay + Division + Dull + Knockdown

Average damage on a Lv 80 Glavier / Blader: 7700 > 3700 > 3800 > 8000

But if you have maxed 2h skills wouldn't it be better just to attack with triple stab? Or are you recommending knocking down and switching to 1h sword and using cunning stab so you can just get lvl 1 KD skill and save some sp?

Fembria
IGN: BabyThunder Guild: AoW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next