Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Guide]The Ultimate Pure INT Spear[UPDATE-12/02/2008]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:27 pm 

I noticed a demand for a guide like this, seeing most of the ones there is are either outdated or not as comprehensive.

So here it is, took me awhile but its nothing Wow:

I just noticed something I missed: Total Sp needed for this build(80 Cap) is: 419,874

Useful Links and Discussions:

*Fire vs. Light nuke stat comparison Thanks to Stress for digging the stats out.
*A small PvP vs. a +6 well geared glavier (80 Cap)

Credit goes to [SD]Raingul and Fug_Dup for the inspiration.

Update[26th January 2008th] Some skill descriptions corrected, Intro question added, some spelling mistakes corrected.
Update[12th February 2008th] 90 Cap preparation and suggestions added as a new page to the guide. (I'd like to thank Anhungered from Alps for linking me to the 9D item icons, as I was lazy to PK2 them all over. *thumbs up*)

Comments and feedback are DEMANDED. Do not use or copy this guide on any other forums without asking for my permission.

Thanks!

Last edited by LockStar. on Mon May 26, 2008 9:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [Guide]The Ultimate Pure INT Spear[56k Warning!]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:44 pm 
Banned User

AWESOME GUIDE loving the pictures <3 lol but you mispelled threshold but other than that nice guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:58 pm 
Banned User

very nice guide :twisted:

but a few things what i prefer for full ints. (not to be mean, just giving opinion)

i prefer doing the following

- lightning
- cold
- fire
- bicheon

why bicheon in place off heuksal:

- hidden blade series (safes ur life alot, u know down the mob)
- killing heaven blade series (u can finish off the enemy with fire imbue)

+ s/s is better in my opinion. i got a lvl 32 sos +2 weapon and a lvl 32 shield with blocking ratio 19 (blue stat) and 40% blocking ratio on it and it safes my life ALOT + the 15 second buff (shield technique series) safes ur life even MORE

that are my opinions on full int s/s - spear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm 

Answome guide! just some stuff i'd like to correct.

1-All the soul departs books stun. The 2 last ones hit twice. The first stuns for 5 seconds, the second 6 seconds, the third 7 seconds and the last one 8 seconds.

2-Ghost spear isn't the strongest attack. Soul departs is more powerful. Only the two last books knockback. And yes it's really fast so its a good finishing skill after a nuke for it's speed.

3- Your biggest enemies wont be other pure ints because you can 1 hit kill them, and they can 1 hit kill you, it's based on luck. You're worst enemies will be str builds, because they will 1 hit kill you and you will not be able to 1 hit them.

Just one thing that you should add is your personal view on pure int spear. What do you think about it? Do you think it's a good build among all the others? How much do you pwn with it? And all that stuff. Just like the "why use spear?" paragraph, make one like "why taking pure int spear?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:04 pm 

Feataler wrote:

1-All the soul departs books stun. The 2 last ones hit twice. The first stuns for 5 seconds, the second 6 seconds, the third 7 seconds and the last one 8 seconds.

2-Ghost spear isn't the strongest attack. Soul departs is more powerful. Only the two last books knockback. And yes it's really fast so its a good finishing skill after a nuke for it's speed.

3- Your biggest enemies wont be other pure ints because you can 1 hit kill them, and they can 1 hit kill you, it's based on luck. You're worst enemies will be str builds, because they will 1 hit kill you and you will not be able to 1 hit them.

Just one thing that you should add is your personal view on pure int spear. What do you think about it? Do you think it's a good build among all the others? How much do you pwn with it? And all that stuff. Just like the "why use spear?" paragraph, make one like "why taking pure int spear?"

Thanks.

2.I meant that its the most powerful Single skill in the heuksal tree. Most damage for least time.

3.You are very wrong, I don't know if you ever had a capped pure int. But since new skills got implemented, none of the pure int players pvp without snow shield. Fights with nukers depend on snow shield, once its out it will be LUCK. But as I said, if you use your fan storm wise enough,you will be a winner. And believe me, Str builds can't even get close when i pop snow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all of the guide was done from the view of a capped and farmed player. But I'll fix that. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:09 pm 
looks awesome, and what i hear out of the reactions so far, its a good guide.

added to big chars n skills sticky.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:13 am 
Banned User

Spear Lightning Cold is better way to go, even at this cap. Your just a Glass Cannon with this build.

Wizard/Cleric Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:47 am 
Loyal Member

nice, but you really should get ice nukes too since you lvled up ice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:13 am 
Veteran Member

Bout time i saw a good spear guide ._.

I like it lots ^.< I can tell your an experienced spear user. Graties and keep it upz ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:32 am 
Banned User

BloodOwnzzz wrote:
Spear Lightning Cold is better way to go, even at this cap. Your just a Glass Cannon with this build.

+ ∞

I don't know why you added fire there since your magical defense and attack is just great, and this isn't a int hybrid spearman guide so why the physical dmg increase. I'd go for Lightning-Spear-Cold maxed with Lightning as my imbue, easy as pi.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:25 am 

LockStar. wrote:
Feataler wrote:

Thanks.

2.I meant that its the most powerful Single skill in the heuksal tree. Most damage for least time.

3.You are very wrong, I don't know if you ever had a capped pure int. But since new skills got implemented, none of the pure int players pvp without snow shield. Fights with nukers depend on snow shield, once its out it will be LUCK. But as I said, if you use your fan storm wise enough,you will be a winner. And believe me, Str builds can't even get close when i pop snow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all of the guide was done from the view of a capped and farmed player. But I'll fix that. :)

2. Well you see, soul departs takes time to charge but after it hits you will do your second attack faster. Ghost spear hits very fast but after it hits your character takes more time to move to the next attack. On my str glavier, I can hit 1600 critical with soul departs and 1200 critical with ghost spear.

3. Dude even with snow shield, rogues will 2 hit kill you, as for str glaviers if they have fanning spear on you'll hit very very low damage on them, and str bladders will do as good as str glaviers but they also can block... snow shield isn't that perfect you know, you should consider that the other builds also have their own skills.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:50 am 

Feataler wrote:
LockStar. wrote:
Feataler wrote:

Thanks.

2. Well you see, soul departs takes time to charge but after it hits you will do your second attack faster. Ghost spear hits very fast but after it hits your character takes more time to move to the next attack. On my str glavier, I can hit 1600 critical with soul departs and 1200 critical with ghost spear.

3. Dude even with snow shield, rogues will 2 hit kill you, as for str glaviers if they have fanning spear on you'll hit very very low damage on them, and str bladders will do as good as str glaviers but they also can block... snow shield isn't that perfect you know, you should consider that the other builds also have their own skills.

3. Ok I guess you know better than me how this build does against str players. :x

And to the others who are crying about fire. Its my personal view about the pure int spear at this cap. I wanted to be different and I wanted to share. I added fire not because of the defense but because of the imbue and the higher nukes.

Comment on the guide not on the build. Its my personal view of things at this cap.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:43 am 

Dude I already fought spear nukers I know that they aren't THAT hard to kill with ice shield.

We're commenting the build. We aren't crying because of fire, we're suggesting that ice is better, don't you want us to help you improve your guide?

The point of your guide is to help people. If taking ice is better than taking fire, and you make people go for fire, then you're making people get wrong builds.

If you want to keep it as your personal opinion then why did you make a guide?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:53 pm 
Common Member

love the pics and the guide...ima int spear as well..thx....

Full STR Glaiver -- Wiz/Bard -- Pure Int Spear
!J4mR0cK!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:56 pm 
Banned User

i just wanna say that the reflection on your sig onthe bottom row is sickkkkkk even though its off topic i thought i would say :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:37 pm 

Feataler wrote:
Dude I already fought spear nukers I know that they aren't THAT hard to kill with ice shield.

We're commenting the build. We aren't crying because of fire, we're suggesting that ice is better, don't you want us to help you improve your guide?

The point of your guide is to help people. If taking ice is better than taking fire, and you make people go for fire, then you're making people get wrong builds.

90% of the capped glaviers on apls cant kill me. You special?

Anyway, this is my view for the Pure Int spear at this cap. I risked with fire and I can say that I am satisfied. If you wanna jump on the bandwagon without even thinking about what Fire 80 might mean, go ahead. And I made a guide to express my opinion about it, maybe help people. But I guess I should've kept it for myself. Another flame or 2 and I will take it down than. Since I might be making people do the wrong thing with this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm 

Feataler wrote:

ice maxed or fire maxed is a personal opinion. you either go for more dmg or for more defense. He just decided to go for more dmg.
And imo if you just look at 80 cap this is the best build. I almost took this build myself too.. but since everyone is expecting 90cap to come out soon.. i'm switching to light/cold to prepare for that.

Guides are always a mather of personal opion... this guide show's one way to build a pure int spear. If you got another opinion then make a guide too.. more guides are always good ^_^

@lockStar:

nice guide :)
little correction.. with maxed fire shield you still need about 12% (dunno the exact number) from your blue to get immune to a certain status.

<<This forum went all down the drain. It's such a waste. I'm no longer proud to be a member here so bye>>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:49 pm 

LockStar. wrote:
Feataler wrote:

Anyway, this is my view for the Pure Int spear at this cap. I risked with fire and I can say that I am satisfied. If you wanna jump on the bandwagon without even thinking about what Fire 80 might mean, go ahead. And I made a guide to express my opinion about it, maybe help people. But I guess I should've kept it for myself. Another flame or 2 and I will take it down than. Since I might be making people do the wrong thing with this.

100% of spear int's can't kill me on zeus. U special?

Dude like I'm not flaming, I'm telling you that as a spear int you lack of defence and it would be safer to take ice rather than fire.

Like I already had a pure itn spear right, I also took fire/light and I stopped playing on it because I lacked of defence and it was really annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:06 pm 
Frequent Member

good guide. i love graphic guides xD. but maybe you should mention 90 cap too? because fire is gonna be hard to keep up as the caps increase...and if you do decide to delevel fire later on..its gonna take lots of time and money.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:22 am 

Feataler wrote:
LockStar. wrote:
Feataler wrote:

100% of spear int's can't kill me on zeus. U special?

Dude like I'm not flaming, I'm telling you that as a spear int you lack of defence and it would be safer to take ice rather than fire.

Like I already had a pure itn spear right, I also took fire/light and I stopped playing on it because I lacked of defence and it was really annoying.

Im just curious now, what level are you and what is your ingame on Zeus?

Anyways, Update!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:43 pm 
Banned User

Feataler wrote:

you should go to alps and watch him pvp

Post subject: Re: [Guide]The Ultimate Pure INT Spear[56k Warning!][UPDATE]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Great Guide it rocks 8)

LVL 36 - Hybrid Int S/S - Deadly_Nuke
LVL 34 - Full Str Warrior - Jamoca
And many more....
Been leeching forum for 2 years =O, sry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:17 am 

great guide, im planning to make a int nuker with a spear once my character is deleted :banghead:... i did have a question about the skills tho, i may just be a n00b but... for the fire, with the shield series dont u need a shield to do those lol? but u have a spear? so how does that work out o.0 :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:14 am 
Banned User

Ok fair enough you don't wanna max cold..

but your maxing fire over light?

By doing so you lose

a. magic attack
b. parry ratio
c. lightning nuke
d. speed

I would prefer all of those over fire any day, but thats my opinion. If this build works for you than thats all that matters. But apart form that nice guide.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:46 am 

warfire6395 wrote:
great guide, im planning to make a int nuker with a spear once my character is deleted :banghead:... i did have a question about the skills tho, i may just be a n00b but... for the fire, with the shield series dont u need a shield to do those lol? but u have a spear? so how does that work out o.0 :?

You can carry a shield in your inventory, and switch to it when you want to cast Fire Shield, then just switch back to spear.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:23 am 

I love this guide, although Im pure INT S/S. Is there any guide like this for S/S pure INT?

Athens (inactive)
Level: 46 | Build: Pure INT [Fire/Light/Cold/Bicheon] (farming)
Level: 27 | Build: Pure STR [Rouge/Cleric]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:41 am 
Elite Member

Well, I love this guide.
Thnx to this I have a spear now ^^
Lvl25 now, and can't wait to get my hands on the nukes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:33 pm 

streetrobban wrote:
I love this guide, although Im pure INT S/S. Is there any guide like this for S/S pure INT?

http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69675

Here is Raingul's Pure INT Light/Ice S/S Guide. :)

Guide update for 90 cap preparation is coming soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:32 pm 
Ex-Staff

Here is a suggestion. Insert the fire nuke/light nuke discussion into the guide as well. It seemed to have caused many debates above. I've written some facts down here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78718

Combine that with your own gaming experience, and you will probably be able to answer the frequently asked questions regarding Fire vs. Lightning nukes, or, respectively, Maxed Fire vs. Maxed Cold.

If you see it as unnecessary, leave it out.. it was just a suggestion :)

Best regards and thumbs up for the guide. Don't even think about taking it down. Looks great.

Stress.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:43 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Dude !!! Nice build !! =O im going to farm for it.. im playing on Hercules server. Level 58 nuker. and loving it.. cant wait to be lvl 80 fully farmed =)