Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Frequently Asked Questions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:35 am 
Ex-Staff

Hiya all. This Q&A hopefully will help people without the need to search through the forums for the answers. If you are looking for something specific hold CTRL and press F. This will bring up a search box which you can use to search for a specific word (which is very useful if you don't want to read through the whole Q&A) in the post.

This thread will be updated with other questions we feel are relevant and will be reviewed on a weekly basis. So feel free to post any questions that you feel would be useful to have here.

Sections

Post subject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:35 am 
Ex-Staff

Characters & Skills

What is SP farming and do I need to do it?
Keeping your highest mastery lower than your character level gives you less experience points, but more skill experience points. Check out this in-depth guide by The-Battalion for more help and questions regarding SP farming.

Is there any way I can figure out how much SP I'll need for the skills I want up to a certain level?
Try this SP Calculator hosted by our wonderful StealMySoda: you can calculate how much SP you'll need to get whatever skills you want by a certain level. It's pretty user-friendly and straightforward. On the left side you select what you currently have. On the right side, select the level you're calculating, and the skills (including the updated Mastery level). Click calculate, and voila! Thank you, Soda! :]
And even a Euro one too.

How can I figure out how much SP I'll make a level with a certain gap?
Try another one of Soda's fabulous contraptions: an SP Calculator.

I'm almost afraid to ask after seeing all these wonderful calculators, but would there happen to be one that will let me calculate my stat points (STR & INT) by level, and plan my character?
Don't be shy. Here's a PHY/MAG Balance and Stat Points Calculator too!

What build should I choose?
It's all up to personal preference - we can't force you to like a build. Do you like to be able to hit fast and hit hard? Then a Pure INT might be for you. Do you like to be able to tank a hundred mobs and come out with but a scratch? Then consider looking towards being a Pure STR. So you like a little bit of both, hm? Try mixing it up as a Hybrid - either INT heavy or STR heavy (although the latter is not recommended all-too-often). Rainigul's Guide is a good jumping-off point if you're trying to pick your style and your preference in characters, which will ultimately lead to which build you choose. For the Euro aspect, try TwelveEleven's Guide.

Where do I go for help with my build?
Please post in the Characters and Skills section if you would like specific help on your character. However, please take the time to read the Guides and Tutorials before posting a new thread. You might discover that they're immensely helpful and will usually answer most, if not all, of the questions you have.

Do you have Guides on specific builds or other aspects of SRO that I can read up upon?
Why yes, we do! Thank you for asking. Guides and tutorials can be found here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:36 am 
Ex-Staff

Guilds

Is there a good overall guide I can read about guilds?
Yes. There is one such guide located here.

How do I create a guild?
At level 20+ you can create a guild by talking to any of the Guild NPC's in the towns (Leebaek in Jangan or the two unnamed NPC's in Donwhang and Hotan. You need to pay 500k to start a guild.

How do I leave my guild now?
Just go back to one of the guild NPC's listed above, talk to him and select "leave guild" and wallah, no guild. Side note: You are not able to join another guild until 3 days after leaving the first. You can also request to be kicked from the guild same penalty is applied, but if you're kicked while offline you recieve no penalty.

How do I level up my guild and how much does it cost?
You have to gain GP to level up your guild, this is gained by members fighting monsters, for every 1SP each member gets, it gives the guild 1GP. When you get to 100%GP then the guild master has to pay gold to level the guild.

To lvl up from Level 1 to Level 2 you get 20 members and costs 3M
To lvl up from Level 2 to Level 3 you get 25 members and costs 9M
To lvl up from Level 3 to Level 4 you get 35 members and costs 15M
To lvl up from Level 4 to Level 5 you get 50 members and costs 21M

What are the benefits of having a higher level guild?
For each level that a guild increases by, it is able to hold more members, also the number of guild storage pages increases as the levels increase.

How do I join a union with other guilds?
Your guild must be level 2 or higher. The union leader must select the guild masters character, and invite him into the union. A union can hold 8 guilds.

What is a guild War and how do I enter one?
A guild war is where one Guild leader challenges the leader of another guild to go to war (lvl 2+ guilds only), this is done when one leader selects the opposing guild leaders character and selects to go to war. The leader can then either accept or decline to enter war and upon accepting, the leaders can choose to put a wager up for the winner of the war, this money has to be determined by both parties and accepted before the war begins and the leader of the winning guild will get the bounty once the war is over (eg both parties agree to put up 200k each, the winner would be given their 200k back and also upon winning will receive the opposing leaders 200k in their inventory also). All members in the game at the time of the war will be eligeable to be killed by any other members and as you loose XP if you die (Not quite as much as a mob death-more like a job death) then it may be worth moving to a safe zone if you are lower level and dont want to participate. There are no rules so any member can attack any other member of the opposing guild irrespective of level or status as long as they are not within a safe zone (town). When you kill a member of the opposing guild then you are awarded Contribution points which are viewed by pressing U and going into the relevant tab.

Ex-Staff

Alchemy

What are elixirs for and how do I use them?
Take a look at this alchemy guide for a full answer to this question.

What level should I sell/use Elixirs?
If you are really short on cash then I would say to sell them if you have to. If you can find other ways of making cash then I would strongly suggest keeping any elixirs that you get (except shield if your not a shield user) and saving them until you get to higher levels. You should only really need to use an elixir at low levels if you get an SOX item. Otherwise keep them until you're level 40+ (predominantly for Chinese characters) as it becomes a lot harder to level and so you use the same weapon/armor for a lot longer.

Whats the deal with elements/tablets/stones?
For a full guide on monster drops, what to do with them and elements please check out this guide on alchemy.

Is there a list of tablets and what do they do?
Yes. There is such a list here.

Is there a list that tells me how many elements I need to turn a specific tablet into its corresponding stone?
Yes. There is such a list here.

What do these terms such as INT, STR, Durability, Block Ratio, and Astral mean?
EllisD has made a comprehensive guide here with all the alchemy terms you will ever need to know explained.

What are elixirs? Weapon, protector, and shield elixirs?
Ryoko has created a fabulous guide explaining the various kinds of elixirs there are here at this link.

I see that a weapon has a glow on it. What does this mean?
If the actual weapon is glowing, it means that the weapon has been upgraded using weapon elixirs. A weapon that is +3 will glow a silvery-white. A +5'd weapon will glow a rich purple. A +7'd weapon will glow a royal gold. And a +9 weapon will glow a nice shade of blue. Any weapon above +9 will retain a blue glow.

Ex-Staff

Gameplay / Jobbing

What monsters should I be fighting at my level?
When you click on a monster in-game it will have a little circle next to its name which is either blue / green / silver / orangy-pink or red. Blue monsters drop items rarely and are a lot lower level than yourself (they also give very little XP). Green mobs are a little lower than your level and still don't give decent xp but they do give decent drop rates (some say better than silver). Silver means the monster is the right level to be fighting: decent xp and drop rates. Orange mobs give more experience and are normally 2-3 levels higher than your level and don't give as many drops. Red means the monsters are much higher level than yourself and therefore are a lot harder to kill; these very rarely give drops but do give a lot better XP.

For Chinese, it's generally agreed upon that grinding on green mobs is far superior to grinding on silver or orange because you kill/get drops at a faster rate. Therefore, the time it may have taken you to kill that silver mob is theoretically cut down. As a european starting around the late 2x-early 3x levels, fighting mobs 11 levels above the average party skill level is optimum.

What is jobbing and the Triangular Trade Conflict?
The Triangular Trade Conflict is what the entire game revolves around. In essence and in very short terms, there are three classes (thus, the triangular trade conflict). Hunters, Thieves, and Traders. Traders buy goods from one city and attempt to take it to another city. Hunters protect the traders. From what? From the thieves that attack the traders and try to steal the goods.
Of course, there are many twists and complications to it, but that's the basic gist of the TTC.

How do I go about becoming a trader, hunter, or thief?
There is a detailed guide here that will explain everything you need to know.

What is an Academy and what is the Guardian system?
Itonami explains it well here in her guide about the Guardian system and the rewards that can be obtained from such.

How do I identify the difference between a normal mob and a party mob?
Party mobs have a blue talon icon to the left of their name, like so:

What are quests and are they worth doing?
Quests are an in-game way of telling you what monsters you should be fighting for your level, they normally ask you to fight monsters that are the same level as yourself and are a very good and easy way of getting extra XP/SP for not doing anything other than fighting. I would suggest to all that you make sure you check out the Quest guide every time you level and make sure you pick up the quests from the relevant NPC's.

What quests should I be doing at my level?
This guide gives a breakdown of all quests from lvl 1-70, the monsters you need to fight, the NPC's that gives it to you and what the reward for completing it is.

I messed up a quest, how do I reset it or start over?
There isn't really a way of messing up a quest however if you accidentally abandon the quest then check back with the starting NPC after about 10mins and they should have the quest ready to re-take again.

Why can't I teleport?
one possible answer: If it says: The requested order cannot be carried out; you have a quest for which you need to visit a NPC. Complete the quest or abandon it. Credits to Starrie.

How do I get into the caves?
The caves are North west of Donwhang, To enter the caves you need to be a minimum of level 50. However many suggest that you wait until you reach level 60 before even attempting to go in there. However, for a European, entering at 50 and then heading for Taklamakan at around 6x would be the generally agreed upon best option.

What is a party?
A party is where you can join with other players in game to join a group. You don't have to be the same level as the other players and when using party match you don't even have to be near them to join the party. There are 2 types of party, XP-distribution or XP-autoshare. XP distribution has a maximum of 4 players to each party (compared to 8members for XP-auto share) however is the favored type of party as you get increased XP(5%per additional player in the party) and so the more members there are in the party the more XP you get per kill. Whereas for XP-Autoshare you share the xp you gain with everyone in your party thats within your area (if their picture is blue when in the party it means they are too far away to share). To set what type of party you want you press P in-game and select SET, you can change party to XP-distribution here, then if you are near someone then you click on them and select "join".
XP-Autoshare is now the favored type of party for Europeans and higher level (mid 5x-8x range) Chinese, perhaps for the sole reason that due to party mobs, you can farm or level at a faster rate than in an XP-Distribution party. Distribution parties are for people who truly plan on soloing from A-Z.

How do I use the "Party Match" System?
Once you have set what type of party you want, you select the button that says party match. Party match gives a list of players that are wanting to be part of a party and how many players are already in their party (so a party that says 1/4 2/4 or 3/4 is an XP-distribution party whereas a party that says 1/8 2/8 ....7/8 is an XP-autoshare party. you can click on the party you want to join and click join and they will accept or deny you. please note at the bottom it says 1 and there are little arrows by the side, you can click the right arrow and take you to the next page of parties. You can also start your own party (don't forget to set what type of party you want first) and click on "create entry" this will put you on the party match system and assign you a number, this number you can give to people in your guild or your friends for them to find you on the party match system.

Why don't my return scrolls work?
If your return scrolls don't work then it probably means your on a fetch quest that prohibits you from using them. You are only allowed to use horses to travel during such quests and so you are unable to use portals or return scrolls.

Who are Tiger Girl, Ureuchi, Isyutareu, Lord Yarkan, and Cerberus?
These five monsters are what are called Unique spawns. They are monsters that only spawn every few hours. If you are lucky enough to find one of them and start attacking it, it will start by spawning normal mobs of the same level as around you (e.g Tiger Girl starts by spawning tigers/white tigers and black tigers; Ureuchi by spawning bandits and bandit archers and so on). However the more damage the unique takes, the bigger the mobs get. The unique will start to summon champions, giants, and even elites. Literally, there will be tens if not hundreds of monsters attacking you and your party at once.
Thus, a Unique is usually very difficult to kill and is quite an accomplishment.

At what level should I attempt to kill uniques?
These levels are generally agreed upon as the levels that would be suitable for you to attempt to fight these uniques.

Chinese:
    Tiger Girl: 25-35 (There is also a helpful post here on attempting to kill Tiger Girl)
    Ureuchi: 45-55
    Isyreatu: 65-75
    Lord Yarkan: 70-80

European: (In party-play)
    Tiger Girl: 20-25
    Ureuchi: 25-35
    Isy: 45-50
    Lord Yarkan: 65-80

Keep in mind that although they are level 20, 40 and 60, it is VERY hard to kill them on your own due to all the giants and other mobs that will be attacking you as well.
There is a guide here made by Kratos that will aide you in your quest to defeat a Unique monster.

Where do I find unique monsters?
The link here has maps of the estimates locations of where the unique monsters spawn.

What does PvP and PvE mean?
PvE means player versus enemy (so you fighting monsters) compared to PvP which is player vs player. PvP happens in 4 ways: during cape fights, during job fights, during guild wars, or during fortress war.

Can I equip a Gold Dragon Flag (GDF) on an European character?
Yes, you can.

Ex-Staff

Item Mall

How do I get to the item mall?
The item mall can either be accessed by pressing F10, or clicking on the item mall button to the right of the menu button in-game. Additionally, it can be accessed via the Silkroadonline website and clicking on the "item mall" tab on the bar on the left hand side.

What is Silk and how do I get it?
There is a wonderfully written guide posted about this. The guide is very well written and very easy to follow.

Can a friend buy silk for me or can I buy it for someone else?
The answer is simply no unless you are willing to compromise the security of your account. There will maybe be a "silk gift" option in the future. However, at the moment, the only way for you to give silk to a friend is to either give them your payment details or they give you their account details, followed up by you logging in as them and buying silk from your cc /dc/mc/paypal. We recommend strongly against both these methods as it is very insecure to be giving your account details to anyone.

Do both the silver and gold premium tickets give me the same chance of logging in?
Yes, they both give you a 100% chance of logging into Silkroad.

What pet should I buy from the Item Mall?
It's all up to what you personally want.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:37 am 
Ex-Staff

Items and Equipment

What is a cape, how do I get one and what do they do?
Capes are bought from the jewelery sellers of each town (or what they call the general shop on the map. They cost 500 gold each and there is a post here on what they are used for.

What is SoStar/SoMoon/SoSun? What are the benefits?
Any piece of weapon or armor can have a Seal of Star, Seal of Moon or Seal of Sun rating. SOStar means that the item dropped is the equivalent of having a +5 rating. SOMoon has the equivalent of having +10 on an item and SOSun is the equivalent of a +15 rating. As an example an SOStar +3 level 27 head item would be the equivalent (or very near) of a level 27 + 8 head item. Armor doesn't look any different to a normal piece of equipment. However weapons are different. They glow different colors depending on what level they are. SOS automatically have a pink shimmer and fog surrounding the weapon. SOM have a very bright pink shimmer and strips of pink running alongside the weapon. SOSun has the most brilliant shine of all.

What monsters drop So* stuff?
Every monster has the chance to drop a SOX item. Generally, they will drop in a close range to the level a monster is. For example, killing a white tiger which yields and SOX drop will generally lead to the SOX drop being in the 3rd-4th degree. There are exceptions, however. For a list of what level the SOX items appear on armor, please refer to this thread for info. For weapons the SOX appear on level 1, 8, 16, 24, 32, 42, 52, 64, and 76 weapons.

How do I sell my items? / How do I set up a stall like the other traders I see around town?
All you have to do is press A in-game and select the stall option. When you hover over the item it tells you the NPC price for it. Optionally, you can then you check the stall network to compare prices with other stallers. Afterwards, smart market sense asks you to set up your stall with prices better than your competitors - just to ensure that your products are a little easier to sell.

How much is this item worth?
If you would like to get a price check or sell an item here then please post your item along with either stats or a picture in the Marketplace subforum. Also please note to follow the assigned template.

What are the different types of armor for the Chinese race and which is the best to use?
Please check this or this guide for info on the different armor types.
For a quick reference, note these facts:
Garment: 20% faster move speed and 20% reduction in MP usage. High magical defense and low physical defense
Protector: 10% faster move speed and 20% reduction in MP usage. Average physical and magical defense.
Armor: no bonuses. Low magical defense and high physical defense.

Which Weapon is best?
This is a nearly impossible question to answer. People prefer different weapons for different reasons. All I can say is that, for Chinese, not to forget that if you are INT-oriented, you will want to go for either a sword or a spear, as those have higher magical attack values compared to the blade or glaive. As a STR-oriented character, you will want to either use a glaive or a blade, as those will have higher physical attack values when compared to the spear or sword. The bow can go either way, and oftentimes it is a hybrid - which can lead to one of the trickier builds in all of SRO.
Just note that each individual weapon carries it's individuals pros and cons.

I've heard I can get more inventory space, how do I do this?
For the full inventory expansion information, please check out this post.

Ex-Staff

Pets

What is the difference between wolves besides gold/silk?
There are only 2 differences between gold bought wolves and silk bought wolves, The first being the color, the gold bought wolf is grey in color whereas the silk pet is white in color. The only other difference is that a white wolf cannot be sold on a stall whereas grey wolves are freely available to sell over shops.

How do I get a monkey/squirrel/wolf?
Monkeys/Squirrels and White wolves are bought from the Item mall using silk(see above for how to buy silk) a monkey or a squirrel is bought for 88 silk and lasts for 28days, after this period you do not have to buy another, you can buy the reincarnation clock for only 48silk which extends the time on the pet by a further 28 days, you do not loose anything in the inventory of the pet even if there is a space in between the time running out and you using the clock. White wolves are bought for 130 silk and are one-off purchases (unless they die after which they need you to buy grass of life for in-game gold). Grey wolves are purchased at the stable for 1million in-game gold.

Can I use a wolf with a monkey and squirrel?
Yes you can use a wolf and either a monkey or a squirrel but you cannot use both a monkey and a squirrel or a white and a grey wolf.

Can i expand the inventory on my monkey/Squirrel?
No, this feature has not yet been implemented

My wolf disappeared, What do I do?
If it disappeared but is still in your inventory it means the wolf is dead and needs resurrecting. this can be done by buying a "grass of life" for 50k from the stable

At what level does my Wolf grow?
Some say that the wolf grows a little at lvl 20 and 30, I personally never noticed this however, but the main transformation happens at lvl 40 when the wolf gets a lot bigger.

If I have any other questions on wolves where do I go?
Please see our Wolf Information and Questions

How do I get a pet bird?
The birds are actually a skill for bow users: the white hawk is gained at level 10 and then the black hawk can be used instead at level 32. The blue hawk comes at level 54. These can only be summoned when a bow is equipped. However, if the weapon is switched even after the hawk is summoned, as long as it has been summoned, the buff will still stay the duration until it runs out.
Additionally, there are also new pet birds available in the item mall now (as well as a horde of other new pets). These are growth pets just like the wolf you can buy from the stable.

Ex-Staff

Technical Questions

Is SRO Vista compatible?
Yes, SRO is Vista compatible.

What are the system requirements I need in order to run SRO?
    Minimum Requirements:
  • CPU: Pentium 3 800MHz or higher
  • RAM: 256 MB
  • VGA: 3D speed over GeForce2
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0b Compatibility card
  • HDD: 3GB or higher (including swap and temporary file)
  • Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
  • Direct X Version: Direct X 9.0b
    Recommended Requirements:
  • CPU: Pentium 4 1.0GHz or higher
  • RAM: 512MB or higher
  • VGA: 3D speed over GeForce4 Ti or higher
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0b Compatibility card
  • HDD: 3GB or higher (including swap and temporary file)
  • Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
  • Direct X Version: Direct X 9.0b or higher
If you are unsure of what your specifications are, simply go to:
  • Start
  • Run
  • Type In: dxdiag
  • You should now be able to see your specifications and Direct X Version

What is the ???? error that I get?
The ???? error is something that you get when the game has crashed. Some say it's because of old graphics drivers; however, those who have updated drivers still get the crash. No-one has found a real solution to the problem yet. Some people have said that updating your graphic drivers or DirectX version reduces the frequency of this error.

How do I take a screenshot and where are they saved?
Screenshots are easy to take. Just press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard and it will take a screenshot, You can also press F12 in-game before taking the screenie and this automatically gets rid of stats from showing up. The screenies that are taken in the game are viewable by going into the installation folder for SRO and then into the folder "screenshot"

I'm under level 20 but don't like the yellow leaf next to my name. How do I get rid of it?
When you're playing SRO, just click settings, go to options, then to set game, where it says indicate name and then just unclick where it says beginner.

SRO won't load. What do I do?
You can fix this problem in a variety of ways. Either a) restart your computer, b) visiting the SRO homepage, and then exiting after it fully loads, or c) visiting the site and then restarting your computer.

There is some problem with SRO or my computer that I can't fix. Is there a subforum where I can get help?
Don't be afraid to visit the Technical Help subforum - there are people there that would be glad to help you try to fix whatever errors you may be coming up with.

How do I run SRO in windowed mode?
Press your windows key + alt + enter.

Ex-Staff

General Questions

What is murder status and how do I get rid of it?
When you first hit a player when they don't have a job or cape equipped then you will immediately go pink and be given AP, if you succeed in killing that player then you will go red, in either of these states you are open to being attacked by any other players in the game however difference between being pink and being red is quite a lot. if you are pink, your status will go back to normal in about 15-20 seconds however if you are red, you will either have to go somewhere really quiet and grind it off until your AP goes down, or you'll need to be killed a few times and pay a penalty.
This is inaccurate. AP stands for Arrange Points which have to do with the thief job. They have nothing to do with murderer status.

What is murder status and how do I get rid of it?
Once you are level 20 you can attack or be attacked by any player who is also level 20 or higher, without wearing a cape, without wearing a job item, and without being at war. To do this, you must hold the ALT key when attacking. When you attack someone in this way your name turns pink to indicate offender status. As an offender you may be attacked by any player freely; they will not become offenders, and they can kill you without penalty. Offender status wears off if you have not attacked a player or been attacked by a player for roughly 20 seconds.

If you continue to attack using the ALT key and you kill the other player, your name will turn red to indicate murderer status. This status is much more serious and does not wear off on its own. Every murder gives you 1200 murder points, and adds to your daily PK limit. If you murder a much lower level player, you will be given more than 1 point on your daily PK limit; when this limit reaches 15/15, you cannot murder anyone else until the next day. As a murderer, you have the following penalties:
  • Any player can kill you with no penalty, as in offender status.
  • If killed by a player, you lose 20 SP and 2% (less at higher levels) of your experience level.
  • If killed by a monster, you lose 60 SP and 6% (less at higher levels) of your experience level.
  • Cannot use return scrolls, dimensional gates, horses, or pack animals.
  • Cannot open a stall.
  • Much higher chance to drop items if killed, depending on the level of murder status.
  • When in town, you lose HP at a rate of 5% every 4 seconds.
  • When in town, the autopot function does not work.
There are three ways to remove murderer status.
  • Killing monsters decreases your murder points, depending on the strength of the monster. A monster with a blue name (lower relative level) reduces murder points by 1 per kill; a monster with a red name (higher relative level) can reduce murder points by 7-10 per kill; monsters with green, white or orange names occupy the values in between.
  • Being killed by a player removes 200 murderer points, except during a cape match, or during job PvP.
  • Being killed by a monster removes 600 murderer points.
When your murder points reach 0, your name turns white and you are no longer a murderer, but the skull icon remains below your HP/MP bar for another day, or until your daily PK limit is 0.

Can I drop something when I die? What about caping?
Unless you are in a cape fight, there is always the possibility of dropping an item when you die, EXCEPT for your currently equipped weapon (if any). When you are under murderer status, the possibility of dropping an item upon death increases significantly. However, even if you're not under murderer status, there is still the possibility (however minuscule) of you dropping an item upon your death.
In cape fight, you will NEVER drop an item.

What is a bot and where can I get one?
A bot is a computer program that enables people to level up without having to do anything except go to a location and set it going. These bots will kill the closest monster and so often end up running into walls or trees. Bots are ILLEGAL, and as such, are not condoned at SRF. Admitting to botting, suggesting botting, offering to sell, posting links to bot clients, or asking where to get a bot will result in an automatic permanent IP-ban from the forum. There are no exceptions. There are no warnings. There is no discussion. There is ZERO tolerance. Not only do botters destroy the game for legit players on all of Silkroad, but what would be the point of botting? It's like telling someone to sleep with your girlfriend because you're too lazy to do it yourself.

How do I report a bot?
Please fully read through this post if you would like to know about how to report a bot.

How do I shout so everyone can see what I write (yellow text)?
You would have to buy silk from the item mall to buy something called "global chat". You get 11 such chats and once used that is it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:38 am 
Ex-Staff

Forum-based Questions

Is this the official SRO forums?
No, we are not the official SRO forums. We are simply a fan site. The official SRO forums are located at the SilkroadOnline homepage.

What are the Forum rules here?
The general forum rules apply in any section of the forum. On top of that, there are five easy ways to be banned from SRF. Please respect these rules at all time and abide by them.

How do I get a flag of my server underneath my Forum name?
Under the Profile tab on the top bar, select Profile. Under Location, type in your server correctly and with proper capitalization (Ex. Babel, Xian, Greece, Athens). Click submit.

How do I get a signature?
Under the Profile tab on the top bar, select Profile. Under Profile, select Edit Signature. There is a space for you to customize your forum signature (with a 300-character limit). When you post, make sure "Attach a signature" is checked.

How do I get a picture in my signature?
Upload the picture onto an image-hosting site such as Photobucket or Imageshack. In the same area where you enter your signature, put the URL of your hosted picture into img tags, like so:
Code:
[img][/img]

Therefore, my code would look like this:
Code:
[img]http://i25.tinypic.com/2j1omsy.jpg[/img]

And would come out looking like this:

For more help on hosting signatures, visit this thread.

I don't know how to make a signature. Could someone please make one for me?
Visit the Artists Corner. We'd be happy to get you started on your own signature or any other aspects of digital art. However, we do have a Sig Requests subforum where you can request a signature that other members might be nice enough to fill out for me. Just be sure to read the rules of the section before you request a signature.

Does SRF have a Ventrilo server that I can chat with other members on?
Yes. Visit this thread for more information.

Why does the chat at the top bar not work?
Chat is currently disabled at this time.

I have suggestions to make this forum better. Where can I post them?
Don't be shy to visit this thread and post any suggestions you may have.

What are all these buttons and codes and... ah! It's all so overwhelming. I don't understand how to bold my text or to make a list. Is there a quick and easy Guide to help me learn?
Of course there is! [SD]Master_Wong has had the courtesy of making us a guide here that will enable you to quickly learn how to use this forum and understand what BBCode is.

What are the differences between red, green, and purple-colored moderators?
Members with their name in red are administrators of the forum. They have full access to the forum. They can change the layout of the site, ban, unban, add sections, promote people, make usergroups, etc.
Members with their name in green are global moderators. They take care of the entire forum. They can ban, warn, move threads, lock threads, delete threads, etc.
Members with their name in purple are sectional moderators. They take care of one specific subforum. They generally only have powers in their specific subforum.

Credits:
Thanks to FFGIRL for the original thread.
Also others who may have had their guides or other materials referenced in this FAQ.

Review History:
05.08.06: Edited spelling of unique
06.08.06: Added info about server scrolls under avatars - (thinking of adding section on forum based FAQ's).
07.08.06: Added info on pet inventory
09.08.06: Edited spelling of Donwhang / Jangan and Leebaek and changed other guide info
13.08.06: Edited to add info about murder status---thanks bakemaster
02.15.08: Guide brought up to date by fena and Barotix.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:48 pm 
Common Member

Quote:
You don't drop items if you die through normal battle unless you are low enough on %xp for you to de-level when you die, as in those cases you do drop items more often.
I've tested this as I deleveled my sp farming character. You CAN drop items if you die through normal battle, even if you ARE NOT low on %xp.

Quote:
Every item can have a Seal of Star, Seal of Moon or Seal of Sun rating.
Minor point of confusion, but every piece of armor or weapon can have SoS/M/Sun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:58 pm 
Ex-Staff

The Iconoclast wrote:
Quote:
You don't drop items if you die through normal battle unless you are low enough on %xp for you to de-level when you die, as in those cases you do drop items more often.
I've tested this as I deleveled my sp farming character. You CAN drop items if you die through normal battle, even if you ARE NOT low on %xp.

Quote:
Every item can have a Seal of Star, Seal of Moon or Seal of Sun rating.
Minor point of confusion, but every piece of armor or weapon can have SoS/M/Sun.

You're absolutely right. I didn't edit that part of FFGIRL's original FAQ, and I apologize for that. Will be changed immediately. :]

Also, it's been proven that its possible to drop ANY piece of equipment EXCEPT for your equipped weapon when you die, no matter in what fashion you die (not counting cpae fights, that is). You just drop it so much more often if you're under murderer status is all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:33 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

fena wrote:
Is there any way I can figure out how much SP I'll need for the skills I want up to a certain level?
Try this SP Calculator hosted by our wonderful StealMySoda: you can calculate how much SP you'll need to get whatever skills you want by a certain level. It's pretty user-friendly and straightforward. On the left side you select what you currently have. On the right side, select the level you're calculating, and the skills (including the updated Mastery level). Click calculate, and voila! Thank you, Soda! :]
And even a Euro one too.

How can I figure out how much SP I'll make a level with a certain gap?
Try another one of Soda's fabulous contraptions: an SP Calculator.

I'm almost afraid to ask after seeing all these wonderful calculators, but would there happen to be one that will let me calculate my stat points (STR & INT) by level, and plan my character?
Don't be shy. Here's a PHY/MAG Balance and Stat Points Calculator too!

you should check out teh post made by soda in the char & skill forum. he said he didn't make those :p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:51 am 
Common Member

Thanks for the clarification. I can equip my expensive cleric rod without fear :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:11 pm 

ur same avatar as cin........
this moment so dont quote when its not true anymore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:50 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

On the murderer part u said:
"When in town, the autopot function does not work."
Well actually I had to turn it off to die cause it kept healing me XD
So hm...u could correct that hm? ^^'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:18 pm 
Frequent Member

Sasuke Tachibana wrote:
On the murderer part u said:
"When in town, the autopot function does not work."
Well actually I had to turn it off to die cause it kept healing me XD
So hm...u could correct that hm? ^^'

A resser in town can res the person, so said person can regain like 17% exp lost back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:56 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi

I got a question on deleveling and level.

To determine your level during trade or CTF, does it mean the game looks at both your character's level and highest skill mastery to determine your level. Meaning if you have deleveled from level 50 to level 30 but your highest skill mastery is still at 50, your character will still be level 50 when determining your level during CTF or generating NPC thieves.

Therefore it means that if I want to delevel my character to level 40 so that I could have one star protection during trade, if means that I have to delevel both my character level and highest skill mastery to level 40?

Anybody care to advise?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:09 pm 
Casual Member

thanks for the answers

:D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:13 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

This is probably an often asked question from a noob. How does an academy works ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:21 pm 
Ex-Staff

Gustavr wrote:
This is probably an often asked question from a noob. How does an academy works ?

All about the Academy
Not sure if it's outdated.
If it is, let me know, and I'll try to provide an upgraded one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:29 am 
Banned User

Come pvp with me in gaia im 90 lvl hybrid int, I dare you to vs me, ill whip everyones ass.Do you guys know why i dont lose a pvp with my lvls? because i CANNOT be killed by noob lvl 90's and my hp is just too high for any build, so come and ill whip your asses so high that youll make a suicide and delete your character :)NIG.GAZ. And i dont suggest you to pvp me coz you really will make a suicide.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:36 pm 
Valued Member

very helpful. i play sro since 2 years but you still answered a couple of question that I was still wondering :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:18 pm 
Forum God

Aww, I miss you fena. = /

<3