Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wizard Guide
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:43 pm 

from my experience of being a wizard, and to save more questions if people read this. im gona post some tips, and answers, and techniques that will come in handy for playing wizard.

Team Playing:

Wizards need a team to play to their full potential, yes, you can hit thousands of damage, but a crit/double crit will kill you, particularly from a party mob.

in your party, make sure there is atleast one warrior and cleric, and a bard if possible, these guys will save your ass countless times.

Strategy:
wizards arent a hero, they dont run in close range and blow the crap out of everything in sight, yes, i know your lvl 20 nukes can do that, but you may kill 3 mobs in one go, possibly 5, but you cant take the chance of your nukes hitting low, which they can do, then youll have 5 mobs, probably one party mob attacking you, so youll die.

what you need to do:
stand back, alongside the cleric and bard, your very similar, your all magic based, so you have low hp, and your attacks are ranged, so no need to get close up and owned.

Make sure your warriors are up close, and knocking back the enemy, so it can get near you, also, if you have rogues, there knockback will do the same, and it is very helpful.

whilst the enemy is being knockbacked, your cleric should be making sure you have full hp, and you should have been buffed by now.

if your team is focusing on one mob, e.g a party mob, dont go using huge splash nukes, like the lvl 20 ones which can hit 5 mobs at a time, you dont want to ruin your teams effort by being overrun by attackers.
and ideal thing is to root the opponent, and make sure there under fear with the 2nd book electric nuke. then the warriors can attack them without getting hit back as much. then fire the small earth nukes, and fire nukes at them, as these will deal the most damage.

if your team is attacking several mobs, feel free to blast away your big splash nukes (lvl 20), but, try to stick to earth and fire (flamethrower) as these deal the highest damage.

other nuke uses:
there are several other nukes, which are also good.

cold/ice:
this is a large splash nuke, which can hit 5 mobs, this does medium damage, but it can freeze and give the enemies frostbite, thus slowing them down, and helping the other players alot.

lightning (lvl 20):
to be honest, this sucks bawls for damage, at lvl 22 i was hitting like 1.5k max with it. when i could hit about 2.5k with a lower lvl nuke.
but..... this nuke is one of my favourite (it looks cool aswell). this does rubbish damage, but it knocks back your opponents, several times, any enemies in the surrounding area will be knocked back far, and your team has a chance to heal, or to do more damage.

Solo Combat (mobs):

i have to admit, i like teamplay, but i grind my wizard in china, on my own, cos im a noob who seems to be on a team of people who cant play every time.

anyways....

soloing mobs, is simple, basicly, you cast your damaging nukes, the aim is to kill the mob before it gets to you, which is easy as wizard.

for higher lvl mobs, root them, then use fire and earth, and if they get close, electric knockback, and repeat.

for mobs about your lvl:
earth nuke (lvl 20):
cast this, and youll get aruond 5 mobs hurtling towards you, now, the second you cast this, target another mob, as it will 1 shot the first mob, anyway, as you cast it, select another mob, and select the first book earth nuke, so youll cast that straight after, then you will kill 5 mobs in 2 hits.

fire nuke (first book and 2nd):
simple enough, the fire nuke should 1 hit the, if not, cast a regular attack on them, and theyll be dead.

flamethrower..... this will kill a mob in 1 shot, but will do lame damage to surrounding mobs, and theyll probably kill you, as the splash from this is low damage, so try to avoid it.

electric nuke:
dont be an idiot, this wont kill them, but, if your gonna use this, use it with another nuke, like ice nuke, then it should hurt them.

lvl 20 electric nuke:
pointless for damage, it will get you killed, do not use this as a primary attack, only as a finisher or a last resort.

ice nukes:

these do medium damage, the first book one wont 1 hit a mob, but using it with another nuke (fire) or a regular attack will kill them, but this is a weaker nuke, thus not that good.

lvl 20 ice nuke:
huge splash nuke (5 mobs a time), also, this does okay damage, i can kill 3/5 mobs my lvl with this, so use this, then first book earth nuke, and youll be fine :), also it is handy to freeze them to run away (which wizards will do lots).

PVP:

against chinese:
suprisingly, euro arent that bad in pvp, aslong as the chinese char is your lvl, and chance is with you youll be fine.

theyll most likely imbue, and 1 hit you.
sooo....

root them first, then cast fear, this will give you 5 seconds or so, which will let you cast a couple nukes, hitting high (several k).

but, if you succesfully root them, fire your most damaging nuke whilst you have the space, so use earth or fire (lvl 20) and you should almost kill them, then you can finish them off with a book 1 nuke.

stuff against chinese:
do not!, i repeat DO NOT, use the slow lvl 20 nukes if the enemy isnt under root or fear, these are slow to cast, and the enemy will be on you and killed you before you can cast it, and even if you do manage to, you will be left with hardly any hp, and theyll be ready to attack more, and you wont be.

also, against chinese nukers.... you dont stand a chance, dont bother unless you can withstand their nukes, which will most likely kill you.

bow men are the same, theyll kill you quick.

the only way to hurt these, is to try and cast fear on them, and freeze them, as root wont do anything, as they have ranged attacks.

pvp against euro chars:

* uncomplete, i only know what to do with a couple builds, the others i havent pvp'ed yet

against other wizards:
100% roulette, you have the same attacks, same clothes, and probably same stats. this is based on who hits first, and you have to pray your nuke wont hit low. and i repeat, your identical, so even matched, and youll almost definetly 1 hit each other.

bards and clerics:
same as chinese technique, root, fear, freeze, nuke to death.

warriors:
pain in the ass, 100%, more annoying than chinese.
these **** will run up to you, knockdown you, and if that dosent kill you, theyll stab you, and that will kill you.

basicly, same as others, you need to immobilize them, BUT!, avoid slow lvl 20 nukes until youve immobilized them. fire a ice nuke book 1, root them , cast fear. then, do a high damage nuke like earth (lvl 20), then fire (flamethrower). then if that dosent work, repeat, or use electric lvl 20, and knock them back, and use a book 1 fire nuke. basicly, you need to keep away from them, and dont worry, its not being a noob, its what your build has to do.

Hybrid - 5x 70:70 Hybrid - Ocean[VIP] CSRO
_EXPO_ - 7x 1H Warrior Cleric - ISRO - QUIT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:33 pm 

>_>, 46 views, and no feedback....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:08 pm 
Common Member

Wery nice guide :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:18 pm 
Banned User

Nice guide Poochu. I laugh at how yr euro is already higher than yr chinese :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:06 pm 

my chinese is 32 :P.

anyways i swear euro get more exp grinding on china mobs.

also, my china was my first char, so everything was a first time.

my euro is 2nd, so now i know what to grind for best sp/exp and whats worth doing and not :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 pm 
Common Member

Nice guide.
You might wanna talk about the different sub classes though for wizard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:10 am 
Loyal Member

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

I can not stress enough that pictures help people remember things and is much more user friendly when people are on the run.

Also, if Soda ever gets back to me, this will be added to an updated Character & Skills sticky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:55 am 
Addicted Member

hmm nice guide
it shows everything i learned the hard way >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:43 am 
Common Member

paths wrote:
Nice guide.

I second the motion for sub discussion :3 Very nice guide so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:47 pm 
Casual Member

nice guide, Where's the pvping againts Rogue (Crossbow)? ._.

U should just write "Dont attack them, ull get pwned. gg" XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:49 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Not my type of guide at all, I seen a lot of spelling errors but I don't want to get into that right now. You should read over it abit yourself.

I don't like the fact that you said Euro nukers suck agaist chinese nukers, you make it sound like they just suck at PvP'ing and there's nothing you can do about it. So it made me feel like, if I want to make a nuker I should of just made a chinese instead of a euro.

You also said wizards suck at solo and the only time they're ever good is when they're in a big party. Most of the time I can't find a party and so I will mainly solo.

You should of made a guide with more ups instead of downs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 pm 

1. Wizards don't need parties, parties need wizards.
2. Root breaks as soon as you hit mob with spell. Why waste the mana on a non-damage spell that you break? Shock is better for giants. I use ice spells as a starter so the mob is typically slowed or frozen.

I solo with my wizard who levels so fast that playing anything else gets boring quick. Party if you must, party if you have friends, but don't party cause you "need too". You definetly don't need too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:21 pm 

looks promising, i am currently starting a wizard now, i was worried about the very low hp, but i like this fear and root, they sound like annoying strategies that will piss people off like kd and stab with bladers...too bad i need 260k sp for the wizard build, but i am gonna do the "1mil sp in a month" trick and should have him fully farmed in like 2 weeks of powerlvling (you get like 160k for 0 gap to lvl 80 so i only need to farm like 100k)

Uranus: pure INT lvl 69 <retired>

Done SRO forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:55 pm 

We don't have a chance with chinese nukers?! are you dumb? we are int+garment (robe) that is the class we can easly kill since they have low hp... i kill those (4 lvls over me) with 1 nuke...
Besides that, the guide is nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:49 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

paths wrote:
Nice guide.

I'm not sure wizards necessarily need a subclass. We can teleport to escape tight situations, use invisible to sneak up on people, and cast very strong nukes. With the earth barrier you can help not die so easy. Cleric and Bard seem like the only logical ones. Bard for Noise and extra speed. Cleric for light armor, healing division, and extra def buffs.

Either way I'd rather go pure wiz, its easier and faster to grind, and once you reach a higher level its easier to farm a little to add a sub mastery in case you feel you need one. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:01 pm 
Frequent Member

Wtf?

The monsters will be dead before you root and fear them. Most of the time they will resist your fear, and root is pointless, as the tanks stay still.

What level are you?

Also, the earth nukes you referred to are all AoE... maybe Ice is the one you're looking for, the first skill isnt AoE. The time you spend using the 2 pointless skills that anyone who reads this guide will sadly start using as well would be better spent 2 hitting your opponent. Also, flamethrower sucks. Not only do you do more dmg from casting multiple nukes in the same time it takes to execute flamethrower, but it makes you get closer to the mobs than you should be. Also, when you overkill the monster, you'll be stuck tehre like an inefficient fool while everyone else is on another mob.

I don't understand why you're guiding people to level slowly and inefficiently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:27 pm 

u have a lot of wrong info here, perhaps edit it some more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:40 am 

I have a question...Is there any potion or skill again that fear skill? I mean if they cast that skill fear, can you use something to stop it? because in front of a wizard, if it cast that skill, you are dead: You can`t move and he atack you until you die :(

Build:Full str archer(fire/light).
Pet:HarryPotter(lvl 82)

Romanasii...Can`t live with them, can`t live without them...

98% of the teenagers will try or has tried smoking pot.If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:48 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i think theres a cleric skill to remove it

im not 100% sure as fear has never been cast on me

Server:Hercules
Lv:4x

[quote="MooMooMoo"]They Gay, whats wrong with having sex with pavements? ....quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:52 pm 
Common Member

It's a nice guide =) But try to use Capitel letters and some pictures would be nice too! ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 am 
Banned User

Don't write guide at lv20 experience.
It is bad in many or most points.
Not my job to fix it so.

Just edit on top : Guide for lv20 wizards.

ps:
loopy Dragon wrote:
i think theres a cleric skill to remove it

im not 100% sure as fear has never been cast on me

Holy word to fully block it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:40 pm 

Very helpful guide!!

Level: 2x

IGN: SoulSpark
Server: Odin
Build: Pure Str Warrior/ Cleric
Level: 3x
Guild: Dynasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:29 am 
Story Teller

....it's an OK nooby guide....

And yeah, chinese nukers are the easiest kill for wizards, you nuke faster and they die in 1 hit, so basically once they kill you you can just get up, not even heal, and wait the 5 secs then nuke and kill them. Then keep them on the ground until they give up on trying and go hide in the safe zone.

For anyone with skills above level 31, chinese PvP section is useless. Since the first skill a glavier will use is dragon spear throw, and with the weaksauce defense at nooby levels that 1 hits you. Root = useless in PvP and charged winds will give you the time to cast another nuke while also doing dmg and casting as fast as root, it's the better PvP skill. Root is currently useless since it gets disrupted by the next attack, might as well nuke instead of using root.

Sorry for being so critical, but you are a nooby wiz, you should have expected this much from the higher levels.