I always prefer to listen to everyone and then draw my own conclusions. I have heard that it is a lot better to start trading well into 20's (25-29). While that might be true (will see when I get there), it is totally possible to trade at 20.
Take this as you will, this is experience after 6 out of 6 successful trades at level 20.
Must have things:
0) ONLY ONE STAR TRADES
1) Full rage bar - at 20 you will be able to get yourself out of at least one bad predicament using rage. Do not dare use it on Tigers and Chukji or anything of that type. Your rage bar is really to fight Gun(something) and Earth Ghost. Note: there is a reason I put both of those in single form!!! You will only want to fight them if you happened to get them on you at the same time as Ice Thief.
2) HORSE (yes you might get lucky on the camel, but you might not) HP pots for animals (used 35 in 6 trips)
3) Do not get off your horse once you are on the other side unless you want to level on Chukjis (but you can do it aside from trading)
4) You should only be on the road to cross ocean and bridges.
5) You can hold up to 59 of the 209 gold per item peaces without getting to 2 stars
6) While on the tougher side of the street, go toward people (you can see them on minimap). Edit: This is because chances are it is cleaner around them since they are probably hunting. If you are drugging more then 2 mos on your tail, keep going as straight as possible since that is the fastest way.
7) Use the Minimap to tunnel - draw a visual tunnel of where there are no mops and follow that road
8) It is mentioned a little lower, and I fully support it and use it, just forgot to add it. When you see other traders, chances are, they are higher level then you, especially since you are level 20, they will more likely then not spawn higher level Thieves, stay the hell away from them as you have enough of your own problems.
Tip: From western fairy, bear right for a bit then take sharp left into the mountains slowly baring towards the road from Eastern Fairy.
Tip 2: If you see you are going to die (ex: 2 earth ghosts and ice thief) use rage to get away instead of fighting, Pot your horse, if it dies double back and summon a new one.
Good luck, hopefully you will find it useful.
Last edited by SharpArrow on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.