Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 pm 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 17293
Location: Ghosting around
Was OoT on the N64? I think I played it on the N64..The game was fun, but I got stuck hehe : )

Zelda games are really nice, although I'm not playing since I don't have a N64/GC or Wii anymore

_________________
Image
Props to chrisorg for the sig <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:52 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3728
Location:
Off Topic
Never played it, I kinda avoided the whole thing because it looked childish idk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:14 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1672
Location:
Azteca
Necrobat wrote:
daemon225 wrote:
Necrobat wrote:
I love Ocarina of Time. For a 3D Zelda game, it was an actual challenge. The storyline was good, and the dungeons became such a pain at times. (*coughWaterTemplecough*)

Though whenever I go to play it again, I keep trying to do the side rolls and shield parries... >___< Curse you Twilight Princess.

lol can you play oot on ur pc

I have no need to play it on my PC. I have it on the 64, the Master Quest disc for my GCN AND the Collector's Edition disc for my GCN. :P

Draquish, Wind Waker is one you can't judge on face value. I thoroughly enjoyed playing every second of it, despite the graphics. It has probably the most fluent and fast paced battle system in all the 3D Zeldas to date.
gimme, i so wanted to play that.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:06 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2011
Location: Australia
mike2007 wrote:
Necrobat wrote:
I have no need to play it on my PC. I have it on the 64, the Master Quest disc for my GCN AND the Collector's Edition disc for my GCN. :P

Draquish, Wind Waker is one you can't judge on face value. I thoroughly enjoyed playing every second of it, despite the graphics. It has probably the most fluent and fast paced battle system in all the 3D Zeldas to date.
gimme, i so wanted to play that.

Pfft, get your own. :P

iGod wrote:
Never played it, I kinda avoided the whole thing because it looked childish idk

This is the first time I've ever heard OoT be described as childish.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:35 am 
Ex-Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2364
Location: Everywhere. All the Time... But more specifically, England
OoT was godly, still is, i enjoy playing it through, and seeing things i missed last time, small things, clever things.

Legend of the Wind Fish on the Game Boy is awesome too, that is unappreciated (coz its ooold)

_________________
My stories + songs
Story Search: [Story] author Trice
Parody Search: [Parody] author Trice

Image
Image
Ty cin :love:
Sarcasm makes you more attractive to the opposite sex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:43 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7129
Location:
Venus
hell yes, legend of the windfish

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 am 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 970
Location:
Off Topic
wtf? is it soooo old that i dont even know what ur talking about? :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:40 am 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1839
Location: Hell.
l05tfr33k7 wrote:
wtf? is it soooo old that i dont even know what ur talking about? :banghead:


Ocarina of Time was released in 1998 if i'm not mistaken. One of the most popular games for us, the '90s generation, and a classic in the gaming industry :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:06 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 252
Location: Australia
One of the best games ever on the N64. Master quest is awesome too, but they moved all the golden skulltulas! Oh noes, how will I get rich now?

If you like side quests and meeting the NPCs in the game, you should definitely check out Majoras Mask. It's very different to OoT, but still an exellent game.

The only zelda game I've played that I can say I didn't enjoy was Zelda 2: the Adventure of Link. "I am Error"...

Cin wrote:
twilight princess was an allright game, but they spent more time on working
out the controls than on the storyline.


I don't think they spent too long on the controls actually, since it was intended as a Gamecube game but was ported to the Wii. There was probably as much storyline there as any other Zelda game, just less side quests. The music wasn't as memorable as the other games either.

_________________
IGN: Kaigar - Retired

Until the day that the silkroad is all covered with lag...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 471
Location:
Gaia
My favorite Zelda game.. brings great memories, 2nd favorite n64 game( 1st, Super Mario 64 :P )

Wind Waker was great, but the sea seemed a little too empty and repetitive, but I still enjoyed playing it.

Twilight Princess reminded me of Okami dammit :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

_________________
Image
Done with SRO.
Playing LoL - sXeph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:26 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Location: USA
Reise wrote:
Majora's Mask scared the hell out of me. It was like a bad acid trip.
I like Majora's Mask better because the way it starts you out in the beginning. It is the same story (almost) like OOT. I still play OOT and Majora's Mask on my Wii and N64. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:07 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2011
Location: Australia
Phantasma wrote:
My favorite Zelda game.. brings great memories, 2nd favorite n64 game( 1st, Super Mario 64 :P )

Wind Waker was great, but the sea seemed a little too empty and repetitive, but I still enjoyed playing it.

Twilight Princess reminded me of Okami dammit :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yeah, the sea does get pretty boring. Probably the only bad part of the game. I found the dungeons and combat to be really well done though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:02 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3728
Location:
Off Topic
Necrobat wrote:
mike2007 wrote:
Necrobat wrote:
I have no need to play it on my PC. I have it on the 64, the Master Quest disc for my GCN AND the Collector's Edition disc for my GCN. :P

Draquish, Wind Waker is one you can't judge on face value. I thoroughly enjoyed playing every second of it, despite the graphics. It has probably the most fluent and fast paced battle system in all the 3D Zeldas to date.
gimme, i so wanted to play that.

Pfft, get your own. :P

iGod wrote:
Never played it, I kinda avoided the whole thing because it looked childish idk

This is the first time I've ever heard OoT be described as childish.


It's a kid elf character wearing tights. Not childish? :S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:26 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3272
Location:
Off Topic
Having the main char be a kid doesn't make the material childish. For some reason no pop culture references are coming to mind but I'll use a grahpic novel. This novel takes place in a slightly different version of the 30's US depression. Someone just murdered this kid's parents. He's in the slums, he's parents just died, and he has no material belongs. He must try to survive and at the same time solve a murder. Yup, sounds childish to me. Zelda may not be mature, but it's not childish either. You could probably call it mass market tolkien.

_________________
Image
No government?!?! Oh, noes! Total chaos! Or would it be? http://freekeene.com/free-audiobook/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:50 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 6650
Location:
Off Topic
Nuklear wrote:
Having the main char be a kid doesn't make the material childish. For some reason no pop culture references are coming to mind but I'll use a grahpic novel. This novel takes place in a slightly different version of the 30's US depression. Someone just murdered this kid's parents. He's in the slums, he's parents just died, and he has no material belongs. He must try to survive and at the same time solve a murder.


Batman.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:42 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3272
Location:
Off Topic
The story doesn't deal with him as a child, but as a man.

_________________
Image
No government?!?! Oh, noes! Total chaos! Or would it be? http://freekeene.com/free-audiobook/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:01 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3728
Location:
Off Topic
Theres also a fairy and a princess in it. Ok I guess I chose the wrong word for it, not childish, just suited for children idk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:18 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3272
Location:
Off Topic
iGod wrote:
just suited for everyone idk

Fixed and that's the definition of mass market.

_________________
Image
No government?!?! Oh, noes! Total chaos! Or would it be? http://freekeene.com/free-audiobook/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:39 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7129
Location:
Venus
suited for children? lmao, gimme a break.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 342
Location:      
Check out these speed runs this guy posted for OOT;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2QTnitpQo
That's segment 1... follow the segments by clicking on the side panel, he finishes the game in 2:26:56..

Personally it took me that long just to complete the water temple -.-

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group