Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I replaced my baby...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:27 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
Well, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not... so here it goes. On Christmas Day last year (2006), my baby was taken from me. Nah, not my fiance... my 1989 Ford Probe GT (Turbo, 5spd):

Image

Image

In those pics, it was still a work in progress. I spent a lot of time and money on that car. The thing was pretty quick and I was absolutely in love with how well it drove. Six months after her disappearance, and still no updates from the police, I finally decided to look for a replacement. I test-drove countless of the Chevy Cobalt SS (Supercharged)... they were really nice. But they just didn't quite satisfy me like my old GT.

Then just last week.... something caught my eye on CraigsList. An old 1989 Ford Probe GT Turbo 5 Speed. It didn't have a sunroof or a good paint job... and it needed a little work. But I contacted the guy selling it, and setup a time to test drive it. It ran like a dream. While the appearance kinda took a turn south, he had constantly kept the engine in really great shape (only 129k miles!). So, tonight I went and picked it up for $1,200. Really, a great price for the car. I know I know... a lot of you are thinking "But it's just a Probe!" The '89 GT's are rare. And finding one that runs good is even more rare. Only the 89 and 90's had Turbos, and the 90 models just looked like crap IMO. So I'm happy once again... but I have my work cut out for me. Here she is... in all her glory:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

:love:

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:33 am 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1637
Location: 206
Hi colb!

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:33 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 6650
Location:
Off Topic
Nice catch.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:35 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
HOLLAstir wrote:
Hi colb!


Long time!

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:02 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 7800
Location:         
Nice, but I srsly advise a paintjob : S.

White is so 2005.

_________________
<< banned for being a constant problem. -cin >>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:03 am 
Site Contributor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3606
Location:
Guildwars2
Nice man. I know the feeling of finding a car you :love:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:32 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2148
Location: 5 Mins Ahead
Nice car
Really nice actually

_________________
If the concept of us being all one consciousness's and us being one thing that lives endless through the cycle of nature the only clear emotion would be understanding .
we be in a utopia
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:00 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
Crumpets wrote:
Nice, but I srsly advise a paintjob : S.

White is so 2005.


rofl

Trust me. It hits the paint shop as soon as I can afford it. I'm either going with red with black trim, or just black. And of course a clear coat. I think the rims are hideous too...gotta replace those. Needs window tinting. I prefer the heavy tint, so it's basically pitch black windows (like my old one). And new fog lights.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:43 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2317
Location:
Off Topic
I would of suspected something else with that title name..

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:14 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4757
Location:
Off Topic
if the car's in good condition and if its rare, why would the owner sell it for $1200? that guy just got ripped

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:40 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
Jstar1 wrote:
if the car's in good condition and if its rare, why would the owner sell it for $1200? that guy just got ripped


He needed money and didn't have money to fix it up. He knew I was getting a steal. My brother tried buying one in a little better condition and the guy wanted $5,000 for it lol

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:45 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3182
Location:
Babel
Hi Colb!

Vent in like 15 mins?

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:49 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 488
Location:
Venus
Henry Ford wrote:
When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat.


:P

_________________
Retired noob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:54 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
Itonami wrote:
Hi Colb!

Vent in like 15 mins?


I don't have a mic right now, dear. I will next week though. I broke mine into a million pieces. Why? Counter-Strike. :x


Or maybe I can come in and just type while you talk haha

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:05 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 857
Location: Rappelz<botroad online
get probin'

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:48 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 173
Location:
Alps
may be a body kit, deep dish rims, lower the car about 2", oh, and install a set of HID head lights, it will really change the whole look of the car with those head lights.....

_________________
IGN: Sleep_Flying
Level 5X fire glavie
Guild: Lv 5 Star_Ocean

IGN: Sleep_n_Heal
Level 4X Cleric/Warlock
Guild: Lv 5 Star_Ocean, Guild Master


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:53 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1415
Location: Off-Topic
Sweet... I'm still waiting for the day when I will get my driver's license.

_________________
hurr durr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:06 am 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2568
Location:
Venus
I really dont like Probes at all.. but considerin how much you like it and how much you got it for, nice find! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:59 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
kingfisher29 wrote:
may be a body kit, deep dish rims, lower the car about 2", oh, and install a set of HID head lights, it will really change the whole look of the car with those head lights.....


You're joking, right?

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:01 pm 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2568
Location:
Venus
Colb wrote:
kingfisher29 wrote:
may be a body kit, deep dish rims, lower the car about 2", oh, and install a set of HID head lights, it will really change the whole look of the car with those head lights.....


You're joking, right?


I agree with him about lowering actually, head lights and deep dish rims.. oh no.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:00 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
Toasty wrote:
Colb wrote:
kingfisher29 wrote:
may be a body kit, deep dish rims, lower the car about 2", oh, and install a set of HID head lights, it will really change the whole look of the car with those head lights.....


You're joking, right?


I agree with him about lowering actually, head lights and deep dish rims.. oh no.


In the pictures I took, the suspension is set to "Sport / Stiff", which means the car appears to set high. If I adjust it to "Street / Soft", it will lower the car about 2 inches. There is no way in hell I'm putting a body kit on a Probe haha. I'm sorry, Probes are not ricers :P

Yeah, upgrade on the rims is a must. I agree with that... the stock ones are so ugly. Headlights are fine. I just need the foglights.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hmm...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:49 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1739
Location: The staircase to heaven
Nice car. I need to replace my own...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:50 pm 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
What do you guys think of these?

Image

Brand: HP RACING
Model: Drift
Size: 18x7.5
Finish: Silver
Offset: HPO
Lugs: 4/5 x 100/114.3

Image

NEXEN N3000
215/35/18
W - 340

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:56 pm 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2568
Location:
Venus
Colb wrote:
What do you guys think of these?

Image

Brand: HP RACING
Model: Drift
Size: 18x7.5
Finish: Silver
Offset: HPO
Lugs: 4/5 x 100/114.3

Image

Nice! Thats the exact style of alloys i'm wanting for my car. Theyll look great on the probe. :)

NEXEN N3000
215/35/18
W - 340


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:20 pm 
SRF's Princess
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8570
Location: I'm at- Ooh something shiny!!
acturly thats one ugly car... but as long as you're happy I'm appy for you :D

but if I'd choose a car.. it'll be a Kia Sorento/Sportage....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:26 pm 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2568
Location:
Venus
Icealya wrote:
acturly thats one ugly car... but as long as you're happy I'm appy for you :D

but if I'd choose a car.. it'll be a Kia Sorento/Sportage....


lol kia. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:04 pm 
SRF's Princess
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8570
Location: I'm at- Ooh something shiny!!
whaat? their good cars and look good!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:25 pm 
Addicted Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2568
Location:
Venus
Icealya wrote:
whaat? their good cars and look good!


change "good" with "bad" and i completely agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:35 pm 
SRF's Princess
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8570
Location: I'm at- Ooh something shiny!!
What's wrong with a Kia Sorento/Sportage?

their 4 wheel drives

Sorento:
Image

Sportage:

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:16 am 
Banned User
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 746
Location:
Venus
They look good, but they are built with pretty bad quality. My cousin has gone through 4 Kia's in 2 years.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for proof of botting. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group